Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

How To Design Classified Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Design Classified Website? (1540 Views)

Need A 'classified Website' Asap / How Do I Start A Classified Ads Website In Nigeria / Deal Fish Is Nigeria Most Visited Classified Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Design Classified Website? by PHP4(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2009
Hi all,

I have to design the Classified website, which means it contains all the categories such as Real estate, jobs, Sell/Buy, etc, I tried many tools but am not comfortable with those tools.

Pls help which open source is suitable for this classified website.

Thanx
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by no21: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2009
noahs classified is good
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by yawatide(f): 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2009
open source what? Software (dreamweaver, etc)? Programming language (PHP, etc)? CMS (Joomla, etc)? Framework (Code Igniter, etc)?

Open source what? Also, why would you agree to undertake a project without understanding what is at stake? What if what is recommended is something you are not familiar with. What then?
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by MOSS1(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2009
guy or gal just go to source forge dot net and download fladclassifieds it has all you need
ready-made all you need is to do a little html design for it to suit your purpose.

lets learn to help instead of slandering.
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by allimercy: 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2009
I used joomla for this recently finished site http://www.addclassified.com. I think joomla is good if you can get yourself round it.
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
There was a project i tried doing with joomla, something classified too. . . .i was f**ked up. . . .i had to resort to dhtml asap!
Joomla is cool, but that depends on the functionalities needed by the client, next time i will do my assesment properly. . learnt my lesson
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by remoranger(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2009
its like classifieds is the next big thing in naija now. but then,
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by dono3a5(m): 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2009
PHP4 call me and lets talk business, i can get that done for you in a week.my number is 08059973942
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2009
I take back my word against joomla. I have redesigned the classified site with joomla! Now i am a semi-classified joomla developer.
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by allimercy: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2009
DHTML,

Im really happy that you got it. Somebody shout halleluyah !!!!! Do you mind to share the site with us?
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by MOSS1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2009
addclassified.com was nicely done. But i am currently working on a jobseekers/employers
website where job seekers and employers meet.
This particular project will take some months to come cos i'll lov to add some unique
features.
Also i have some ajax/php chat website up my sleeves
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by MOSS1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
I still believe fladclassifieds is better than joomla for classifieds as it gives all
functionality all you need is a little php knowledge and html design cool
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by allimercy: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2009
M.O.S.S:

addclassified.com was nicely done. But i am currently working on a jobseekers/employers
website where job seekers and employers meet.
  This particular project will take some months to come cos i'll lov to add some unique
features.
  Also i have some ajax/php chat website up my sleeves

Thanks M.O.S.S for your comment on addclassified.com. On the jobseekers/employers, what do you think of www.searchcareerjob.com covering 30 countries jobs listings, including Nigeria
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 22, 2009
allimercy:

DHTML,

Im really happy that you got it. Somebody shout halleluyah !!!!! Do you mind to share the site with us?
The site is not yet online, it is still being reviewed by the client, and they want to add more features into it. But i will publish it
later on my portfolio. Meanwhile, after 1 week of learning joomla, i decided to do a trial and developed my www..com as a test of how good i am with joomla. And believe it, i did not write any single code in it that was not joomla.
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by allimercy: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2009
DHTML, I have looked at your site and had commented on it in one of my previous messages. Believe me, it's really a clean site with matching colours.
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by deezoneclu: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2009
Hi all Naija webmaster. I av not gained anytin useful on Nairaland until now. I'm a web-designer in Ilorin. I would lyk 2 learn & share wit u all. Kudos 2 u all esp. DHTML. I REALLY LIKE UR POST. I am not really engaged in buildin DB sites but would love 2.
Re: How To Design Classified Website? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2009
allimercy, thank you very much, i saw your comment earlier too, that was before i uploaded it. @deezoneclu, no problemo, be my guest.
If you have any issues just post it here or elsewhere, i am as much around on NL as i am on my site.

(1) (Reply)

Globacom Website Redesigned! / Trouble Loging Into My Phpmyadmin Cpanel With Syskay Hosting Company / Online (ATM) Payment For PHCN Light Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.