Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice (30549 Views)

Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo / Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria / Senate Moves To Amend 1999 Constitution With 13 Bills.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by DONSMITH123(m): 2:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
The Senate having resumed from two weeks recess on Tuesday has moved to amend the Code of Conduct Bureau Act and that of Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015, suggesting an effort towards killing the ongoing trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
Rising from over an hour closed door meeting, the Senate President announced at the commencement of Tuesday’s plenary that the Senate discussed on 2016 appropriation budget and the smooth operations of the National Assembly which he put to vote.

“Is it a true reflection of the Senate that 2016 appropriation and the smooth running of the National Assembly were discussed at closed door session?”, he asked.

Though the proposed amendment of Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) and that of Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 did not reflect on the Order Papers that had 6 presentations of proposed bills, the Chief Whip, Senator Bala Ibn N’allah, while introducing the bill did mention that these two bills be considered for amendment, corroborated by Clerk to the Senate on the floor and was subsequently taken.

“Mr Senate President, a Bill for amendment of Code of Conduct Bureau and Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 be taken by the Senate,”N’allah said.

The implication of taking a proposed amendment of any bills means that they can start work any moment.

It is recalled that Nigeria’s Senate President’s case is trapped within the armbit of Code of Conduct Bureau and Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 which was just passed into law by the 7th Senate.

However, Senator Matthew Urhoghide (PDP) irked by the trial of Saraki in an interview with Judiciary Correspondents at the Code of Conduct Tribunal vowed that the National Assembly would amend those Acts which he described as fatal to Nigeria’s Judicial system.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/12/sarakis-cct-trial-senate-moves-to-amend-ccb-administration-of-criminal-justice-act/

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
Our lawmakers are funny. Are they doing it coz Saraki is facing trial?

49 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by talktonase(m): 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
Our lawmakers are funny. Are they doing it coz Saraki is facing trial?
yess of course.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
long overdue!!! Well done senators!!! No one has a monopoly over abuse of powers tongue tongue

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by DONSMITH123(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Saraki Boy, i know you will be here to defend your lord

chukwudi44:
long overdue!!! Well done senators!!! No one has a monopoly over abuse of powers tongue tongue

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Saraki Boy, i know you will be here to defend your lord

yeah Buhari boy!!! same way you defended your master's WAEC certificate forgery

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by princetigris(m): 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
chukwudi44:
Abobaku 1 na nairaland.. So u re-appear from nowhere after so many months to comment on a thread that concerns ur Hero.
ATURU KWARA STATE

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
The president will not sign it.

Even Nigeria public and civil societies will kill it.
dead on arrival.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by DONSMITH123(m): 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
in sooth, it wearies me to see that despite all the stealing, looting, and revelations, you are still defending saraki. Is he your pay master?

chukwudi44:

yeah Buhari boy!!! same way you defended your master's WAEC certificate forgery

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by DONSMITH123(m): 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
cheesy
FOLYKAZE:
Where are Boko Haram boys when we need them most? I can voluntarily become a suicide bomber if only I can blow up the Senate House including it members.

Chai.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
DONSMITH123:
in sooth, it wearies me to see that despite all the stealing, looting, and revelations, you are still defending saraki. Is he your pay master?

Saraki has not been charged with any act of looting.He is only been charged with a politically motivated charge of false declaration of assets.Besides people like you defended Buhari when he forged WAEC certificates to become president so please you don't have any high moral grounds above me.You are only pissed because Saraki messed up the APC plans of chosing the senate president.

I am yet to hear you condemn corrupt APC ministers like Fashola and Amaechi who have been clearly seen to have soiled their hands

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by chiddye(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
anti people law makers, only in Nigeria would such romance with corruption would be celebrated. #occupynass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by youngeagle(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
Its Saraki today could be anyone 2Mao,so doing this to suit them at this critical time is uncalled for,I like Saraki as the senate president, but our senators should allow justice to take its place in this trial,we still hve more pressing issues.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by DONSMITH123(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
Pa Chukwudi Saraki, when will you wake up and stop supporting those guys. Politicians are not worth your fight.

chukwudi44:

Saraki has not been charged with any act of looting.He is only been charged with a politically motivated charge of false declaration of assets.Besides people like you defended Buhari when he forged WAEC certificates to become president so please you don't have any high moral grounds above me.You are only pissed because Saraki messed up the APC plans of chosing the senate president.

I am yet to hear you condemn corrupt APC ministers like Fashola and Amaechi who have been clearly seen to have soiled their hands

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by omowolewa: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
Why not give the Senate president immunity and end the whole thing?!

7 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by Realdeals(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
The National assembly especially the Senate needs to be scrapped. They are evil

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by newbornmacho(m): 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
Where are Boko Haram boys when we need them most? I can voluntarily become a suicide bomber if only I can blow up the Senate House including it members.

Chai.
lawlessness begets lawlessness... Let the executive lead by example

5 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by modath(f): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
Just as they have the powers to "tweak" the budget, so does the constitution empowers the president to veto any bill!

At this juncture, all that is left is to count the days to 2019, this present NASS case is a forgone conclusion, Nigeria nor fit see any profit from this transaction, make loss nor too plenty na the only prayer.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by stephnie1(f): 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2016
lawbreakers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by stephnie1(f): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by stephnie1(f): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
modath:

Just as they have the powers to "tweak" the budget, so does the constitution empowers the president to veto any bill!

At this juncture, all that is left is to count the days to 2019, this present NASS case is a forgone conclusion, Nigeria nor fit see any profit from this transaction, make loss nor too plenty na the only prayer.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by AntiWailer: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
lol.
Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by Sunnycliff(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Saraki, the nightmare of Tinubu!

6 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by AllBusiness(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by helphelp: 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
To favour the thief...ok

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by AntiWailer: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
chukwudi44:

Pa shukwudi,

Are you back ?

I thought you were part of the advance team to ensure Kirikiri is comfortable for Saraki and his Abobakus.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by richidinho(m): 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
So the best ds hallucinating Nincompoops can do is to change the law so as to safe one useless product of kakistocratic empire.....

I wonder if this buffons ever realize their are inconing generation after this already wasted one....

I now see why my visa is uncessantly denied at.......

This is never getting better, God help us...

Donc les meilleurs ds hurluberlus hallucinant peuvent faire est de modifier la Loi si quant à sans danger un produit inutile de kakistocratic empire...

Je me demande si cette insensée jamais réalise il y a génération d'inconing après que cela on a déjà perdu...

Je vois maintenant pourquoi mon visa est uncessantly refusée au...

Ce n'est jamais aller mieux, que Dieu nous aide...

Anyways....

DrabeeyWasHere

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by maupe: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
Very good. We must ensure that our regulatory institutions do not become Strong arm instruments for the Executive to use in making the other arms of government dance to their tune.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice by MadCow1: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
maupe:
Very good. We must ensure that our regulatory institutions do not become Strong arm instruments for the Executive to use in making the other arms of government dance to their tune.

So What you are saying in essence is that; We should weaken the regulatory bodies so much so that they literally have no powers to regulate or prosecute offenders that hold political office for fear that they may be used against political opponents. grin

Tell me: How much more weaker should the CCT be made in your opinion.. grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Presidency Restricts Villa Coverage To 13 Media Houses / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? / Zahra Buhari Teaches Students Soap-Making Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.