Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) (5044 Views)

Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! / Jand Is For Uk,yankee Is For U.s And Whats For Canada? / Need Connection or Advise On The Easiest Way To Jand nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2009
Dis Guy:

Dont think about the money alone!

The problem is people concentrate too much on working when they move over on student visa cant really blame some
The best thing is to come with enough funds atleast for the first six months after paying tuition fees and
accommodation, Most studentshave never worked before so studying and working in a new country is hard!
The workload for Masters student and Undergraduate is heavy; just because some are having lecturers only
3-4 days they think they can do all within the week
U are absolutely right. I went through hell, thank God i graduated. I have a Nigerian friend here who never worked since last yr. He just concerntatred on this masters prog which is the best thing to do IF u have all the money from day one, if u don't then, God help u
Re: Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) by electronic(m): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
@Dísguy
tru talk. Am getn d biger picture. Tnx but UK is just 2 expensiv. Wel lets see wat happens
Re: Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
I don't know what you are really on about here. You keep jumping from one isssue to the other.

Anyway if you are going to either England, America or Canada for a 1 year Master's degree then of course it is prudent to have sufficient funds that would cover your tuition and maintenance for that period. Also note that in Canada the fees are quoted per semester and there are differential rates charged, as between home students and international students.

What I do know also is that the intense nature of a masters degree in electrical engineering in English universities does not really leave much time for work during term-time.

The money that you can make working during the  out-of-term periods obviously depends on the type of work you can find to do and the number of hours you are prepared to put in.
Re: Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) by electronic(m): 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
@Tensor777 hw many issues u see. Its a thread remember that. Wel i'l chck out ur stry
Re: Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) by everblazin: 2:54am On Aug 23, 2009
if i get 100gbp per week and i've nt even considered d rent and all dat, how much will be left?
guys,i tink naija is still ok,
Re: Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2009
Nice Topic, gud answers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo State Liaison Office In Lagos. / Lagos Live Traffic Report! / Life In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.