Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? (8626 Views)

Banker Arrested For Battering Wife After Sex Denial For Two Years (pics) / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? / Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
Earlier today, I was listening to Anthony Joshua’s interview with Ace on BBC 1extra. Ace must have asked him why he’s still single and told him that loads of chics have been disturbing him for AJ’s details, including female celebrities, especially a popular R&B singer he went on tour with recently. AJ just chuckled and smiled and, he responded by saying: a few years ago, when he was out there wearing fake Evisu jeans from Wembley market, no chic was checking for him. He went further to talk about being one of the guys who used stand at the corner in the club cos chics never wanted him. But now that he’s successful, everyone thinks he’s a sex symbol and the best available bachelor. You can’t but look at that and start wondering why a guy who has always been good looking with the same physique never got any chics – till he got to a position of power, money, fame, and success – where he can control whatever chic he decides to get involved with.

Furthermore, the pattern he spoke about is a common narrative of almost all guys who went from nothing to something. However, conversely, with guys, it’s the complete opposite. The more successful a woman gets, the more she scares guys away. So, basically, what attracts women to guys is what scares guys away from women. And the key words there are: success, power, and control.

Now when we break it down further to how a lot of chics these days find the idea of a man being the head of the family repulsive and, correlate it with the fact that most of them are naturally/subconsciously attracted to success, power, control, and a man who can dominate them – then you have wonder if they’re confused or they just basically love being unnecessarily belligerent, to hear what they sound like. So the question is: if you don’t like the idea of a man being the head, why do you desire a guy with qualities to dominate you, and not someone you can easily dominate?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
Celestial PSA (Courtesy sukkot):

This is a message to all the uncouth, bitter, insolent, and illiterate overgrown village kids with daddy issues in this section (you know yourselves, even under ya alternate handles): you can rant all you want, abuse ya mums, cry as much tears as you can, and throw all kinds of hissy fit on the thread – but please don’t quote me. I’m not responsible for ya bitterness and daddy issues and, I’m not ready to baby-sit overgrown kids. I’m not ya dad. If you’ve any issues, go look for ya dad and straighten things out with him. Quote me and you won’t get a reply.

As for the sensible ones – you can shoot. I’m here to have fun and read interesting inputs for comic relief. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by delishpot: 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
Just like a girl considered ugly even though she has good character will have no one asking her out but if she does plastic surgery and looks good, many guys will suddenly start wanting her to be in their arms. Such is life. People identify with fame and fortune. If you don't have fame, then have the looks that will buy other peoples envy and you are good to go

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Cutehector(m): 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
Nice one cool
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Mprex(f): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
if you ask me, na who i go ask?

on a second thought, lemme help the Op out. In my own honest opinion, I love the man being the head in every sense of it. Personally, i have a somewhat stubborn nature, and I know that a man without a stronger nature definitely cant manage me.

So to me, the man stays at the head with his money and fame and all.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by sheunfemix: 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2016
Mprex:
if you ask me, na who i go ask?

my Sister na who. his story EPP grin
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by chubbyswit(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
op the write up is succint, u just nipped it in d bud. Unfortunatly the female mentality is wired differently 4rm the man.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Miami11: 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ask their creator, questions for gods.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by An0nimus: 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
SirShymexx:
So the question is: if you don’t like the idea of a man being the head, why do you desire a guy with qualities to dominate you, and not someone you can easily dominate?

Million dollar question. Will have to follow this thread to see a befitting response.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by captainhoo: 11:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
this should be interestingsmileysmiley

I think no woman wants neither by-force-approach kind of man nor a wuss,balance is the key. knowing when to be firm(I wouldn't opt for controlling) and when to be relaxed.

delish has a point too.same reason for non endowed girls being boycotted by guys for the endowed ones

about the fame aspect,it's both men and women. people\family\friends who ignore you before suddenly claim relation with you once you achieve success. they say failure is a bastard but success has many brothers

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 13, 2016
SirShymexx:
So the question is: if you don’t like the idea of a man being the head, why do you desire a guy with qualities to dominate you, and not someone you can easily dominate?

True love and the bulk of happy relationships aren't about who's superior to the other or who's dominating who. Its about support, mutual respect and loyalty, concepts you probably aren't familiar with to ask this kind of question undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Senna: 5:04am On Apr 13, 2016
I bet you the op is single undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 13, 2016
SirShymexx:
Earlier today, I was listening to Anthony Joshua’s interview with Ace on BBC 1extra. Ace must have asked him why he’s still single and told him that loads of chics have been disturbing him for AJ’s details, including female celebrities, especially a popular R&B singer he went on tour with recently. AJ just chuckled and smiled and, he responded by saying: a few years ago, when he was out there wearing fake Evisu jeans from Wembley market, no chic was checking for him. He went further to talk about being one of the guys who used stand at the corner in the club cos chics never wanted him. But now that he’s successful, everyone thinks he’s a sex symbol and the best available bachelor. You can’t but look at that and start wondering why a guy who has always been good looking with the same physique never got any chics – till he got to a position of power, money, fame, and success – where he can control whatever chic he decides to get involved with.

I think you are the one living in denial. A handsome guy will attract many chics.

Furthermore, the pattern he spoke about is a common narrative of almost all guys who went from nothing to something. However, conversely, with guys, it’s the complete opposite. The more successful a woman gets, the more she scares guys away. So, basically, what attracts women to guys is what scares guys away from women. And the key words there are: success, power, and control.

What kind of guys are not attracted to successful women? grin grin grin

Now when we break it down further to how a lot of chics these days find the idea of a man being the head of the family repulsive and, correlate it with the fact that most of them are naturally/subconsciously attracted to success, power, control, and a man who can dominate them – then you have wonder if they’re confused or they just basically love being unnecessarily belligerent, to hear what they sound like. So the question is: if you don’t like the idea of a man being the head, why do you desire a guy with qualities to dominate you, and not someone you can easily dominate?

So if a woman desires an ambitious and successful man then in your mind it means that it is mutually exclusive to having a man who treats her like a partner and not like a subordinate? grin

Back to topic,

it is not your business if people choose to live in denial. Tend to your own denial.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by jashar(f): 7:15am On Apr 13, 2016
Fact- people are drawn by outward appearances. It's hard for most to see beyond the exterior.
the only denial that would land one in serious gbege is refusal to accept the Lordship of Christ.

Give Jesus your life and He'll lead you well.. kiss

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by yetseyi(f): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2016
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 8:43am On Apr 13, 2016
delishpot:
Just like a girl considered ugly even though she has good character will have no one asking her out but if she does plastic surgery and looks good, many guys will suddenly start wanting her to be in their arms. Such is life. People identify with fame and fortune. If you don't have fame, then have the looks that will buy other peoples envy and you are good to go

Lol.

I don't think you understand what I was alluding to and based on 90% of the comments on the thread thus far, especially the females. Perhaps it is cos women are naturally emotional beings.

Regardless I get ya point but that is for a different argument. This has absolutely nothing to do with looks, and more to do with how women are naturally/subconsciously attracted to guys with power/control, who can easily dominate them, yet a lot of them have a problem with men being the head of the family and the authority. The guy, AJ, I used as a case study has always been good looking with great physique, even before he got famous. Another classic example is Trey Songz who had a similar story but today, chics see him as a very desirable. I'd wager that since a lot of them hate the idea of a guy dominating/controlling them as the authority - they're best served going for guys they can dominate. We all have powers to an extent to create/control our own realities and I'm just trying to help a lot of these chics who moan all the time out loool.

Conversely, the average guy is like a hunter, and every time he goes out there to hunt for preys, cos of the way he's wired - he mostly goes for chics he can easily control/dominate. And even if he doesn't have the means to - he'll sell her a big dream.

Ever wondered why a lot of women who are top executives are always single and ready to mingle, yet they don't get that many suitors? And most of them are always very attractive/lush cos they take good care of themselves. However, the reverse is the case when it comes to guys at the top cos they're chics magnet lol.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by delishpot: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol.

I don't think you understand what I was alluding to and based on 90% of the comments on the thread thus far, especially the females. Perhaps it is cos women are naturally emotional beings.

Regardless I get ya point but that is for a different argument. This has absolutely nothing to do with looks, and more to do with how women are naturally/subconsciously attracted to guys with power/control, who can easily dominate them, yet a lot of them have a problem with men being the head of the family and the authority. The guy, AJ, I used as a case study has always been good looking with great physique, even before he got famous. Another classic example is Trey Songz who had a similar story but today, chics see him as a very desirable. I'd wager that since a lot of them hate the idea of a guy dominating/controlling them as the authority - they're best served going for guys they can dominate. We all have powers to an extent to create/control our own realities and I'm just trying to help a lot of these chics who moan all the time out loool.

Conversely, the average guy is like a hunter, and every time he goes out there to hunt for preys, cos of the way he's wired - he mostly goes for chics he can easily control/dominate. And even if he doesn't have the means to - he'll sell her a big dream.

Ever wondered why a lot of women who are top executives are always single and ready to mingle, yet they don't get that many suitors? And most of them are always very attractive/lush cos they take good care of themselves. However, the reverse is the case when it comes to guys at the top cos they're chics magnet lol.

Now I get you. But you see, when a person has money and power, it is easy for such person to call the shots and others will listen and do as they wish esp if tgose being put ubder control do not have the means to do things themselves. Women are naturally wired to be pampered and cared for or to expect such from their men. Even in the past, when our fathers picked husbands for their daughters, appart from looking at the mans character and background, they try to pick the men with good lands, businesses and farms, titles etc as this shows that their daughters will not lack in their husbands homes. A man who has money can do that in many ways and his woman will see him as being manly but just so you know, not every man who spends on a woman is having it easy dominating and subdueing his woman. Some women will chop ya money smaile and still see you as mugu.
But yes, it goes both ways. Men are wired to marry beautiful well endowed women who will give them beautiful kids while women go for a man with wealth and power who will be able to take care of her and her family. It is natural instinct. Just as men claim that they are polygamous in nature and expect women to understand, I believe men should also realise that women instinctively go for the strongest man in the pack who can provide for her and her kids and money is a good source for provision.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by YourCoffin: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2016
It's all red-herring. Has nothing to do with them being emotional. It's simply an act of creating mystery by inventing confusion. A great manipulative tactic.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 9:46am On Apr 13, 2016
delishpot:

Now I get you. But you see, when a person has money and power, it is easy for such person to call the shots and others will listen and do as they wish esp if tgose being put ubder control do not have the means to do things themselves. Women are naturally wired to be pampered and cared for or to expect such from their men. Even in the past, when our fathers picked husbands for their daughters, appart from looking at the mans character and background, they try to pick the men with good lands, businesses and farms, titles etc as this shows that their daughters will not lack in their husbands homes. A man who has money can do that in many ways and his woman will see him as being manly but just so you know, not every man who spends on a woman is having it easy dominating and subdueing his woman. Some women will chop ya money smaile and still see you as mugu.
But yes, it goes both ways. Men are wired to marry beautiful well endowed women who will give them beautiful kids while women go for a man with wealth and power who will be able to take care of her and her family. It is natural instinct. Just as men claim that they are polygamous in nature and expect women to understand, I believe men should also realise that women instinctively go for the strongest man in the pack who can provide for her and her kids and money is a good source for provision.

Very sensible post.

Now you get my point. So if that's the case and naturally/subconsciously, women love being dominated by the opposite sex and that's what they're attracted to - why do a lot of them make noise and make a fuss about men being the head/authority?

I believe like "YourCoffin" diagnosed like the supreme doctor that he's, most of them are just confusionists lol.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 9:47am On Apr 13, 2016
YourCoffin:
It's all red-herring. Has nothing to do with them being emotional. It's simply an act of creating mystery by inventing confusion. A great manipulative tactic.

Aptly put.

You, Sir, are a genius.

Salute!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by plaetton: 10:36am On Apr 13, 2016
Suigeneris93:

True love and the bulk of happy relationships aren't about who's superior to the other or who's dominating who. Its about support, mutual respect and loyalty, concepts you probably aren't familiar with to ask this kind of question undecided

Those things like support, mutual respect and loyalty are artificial, they are ideals that we try to live by.

They are certainly not the underlying dynamics of male/ female relationships.

Male/ female relationships have a biological and evolutionary basis.

Therefore, I agree completely with the OP.

Males And females seek the opposite qualities from one another.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by plaetton: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2016
Suigeneris93:

True love is a misnomer.

Isn't it funny that it's always women that talk of true love ?

A woman cannot truly love a man whom she dominates or who doesn't command an upper hand in the emotional , finance or other critical aspects of the relationship.
Here again, we see nature at play.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2016
plaetton:

Those things like support, mutual respect and loyalty are artificial, they are ideals that we try to live by.

You hit the nail right on it head. Apart, Mprex and delishpot, the other females are just the normal females with concentration level of a chicken and brain capacity of a toad, who just love causing confusion lol.

A lot of them don't like accepting the harsh realities, the biological way they are wired, and social order...and would rather live in denial and make noise everywhere. The concept that men marry down and women marry up alone should tell a story to discerning minds and anyone who marries down is simply doing so for dominion over his partner, while whoever marries up is doing it for submission. Evidently, if you don't want the guy to have dominion over you and be the authority, you're best served marrying down lol.

It is as simple as pouring fresh milk into coco pops loooool.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by delishpot: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
SirShymexx:

Very sensible post.

Now you get my point. So if that's the case and naturally/subconsciously, women love being dominated by the opposite sex and that's what they're attracted to - why do a lot of them make noise and make a fuss about men being the head/authority?

I believe like "YourCoffin" diagnosed like the supreme doctor that he's, most of them are just confusionists lol.

Na women's LIB cause am. Plus many men abuse their powers.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
Sexist thread "ALAT"! grin
Some "OPs" are soooooooooooooo PREDICTABLE!
The reason NL died a timely death ages ago!

Mu ha ha ha ha ha

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
delishpot:

Na women's LIB cause am. Plus many men abuse their powers.

But abuse of power is an individual thing and should be treated as an isolated case. However, that shouldn't be a determining factor in seeking and making unnecessary noise about what you can't get especially when ya choice is someone you feel should dominion over you subconsciously.

The onus will always be on women to make the right choices that correlate with what they want rather than disturbi folks about what they can't get based on their choices lol.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Kimoni: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
Space booked. Tresspasers will be duly prosecuted! cool
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 14, 2016
plaetton:

plaetton:

True love is a misnomer.
Isn't it funny that it's always women that talk of true love ?
A woman cannot truly love a man whom she dominates or who doesn't command an upper hand in the emotional , finance or other critical aspects of the relationship.
Here again, we see nature at play.

that's your opinion I still stand by what I said, goodbye

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by modath(f): 5:27am On Apr 14, 2016
I believe everything boils down to biology, conscious awareness is what separates man from lower animals, man and animals both submit to primal instincts...

Money comes with Power which attracts women like moth to a flame..

Man-Woman relationship is actually a trade off situation...society then proceed to place boundaries & expectations on them...

It's beauty /+ gorgeous body for money, anyone who goes against this unspoken rule will find him/herself at the butt end of many unsavoury jokes..

Men are "expected" when they have a bit of money to go for only the cream of the crop & at the same time will be given a pass when they step out of the relationship..

I look at flavour, he has 2 beauty queens baby mama that he keeps dangling like puppets, they both get ridiculed on social media incessantly but it's sure that neither will leave until a better catch comes along..

Women are expected to seek out males that can fulfill the basics , wants & lavishness on top of it.. . Melania Trump isn't red faced, rug head Donald because he is the best thing since sliced bread...

It is what it is...Trade by barter..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by jadelyn007(f): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Shymexx tell me if you had a choice between a pretty low born ijebu girl and dangote's daughter, which would you choose?
Everyone wants to marry up, because it affords you better opportunities in life and it puts you on a higher pedestal.
Another thing you should consider is that men usually go for younger girls who are yet to establish themselves financially.
A 35yr old spinster or bachelor will most likely marry down.
I had men coming for me since I was 19. Financially established men, would you have expected me to have anything apart from my educational certificate then?

When men start going for their mates age wise then people are more likely to marry within their ranks

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by raumdeuter: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
jadelyn007:
Shymexx tell me if you had a choice between a pretty low born ijebu girl and dangote's daughter, which would you choose?
Everyone wants to marry up, because it affords you better opportunities in life and it puts you on a higher pedestal.
Another thing you should consider is that men usually go for younger girls who are yet to establish themselves financially.
A 35yr old spinster or bachelor will most likely marry down.
I had men coming for me since I was 19. Financially established men, would you have expected me to have anything apart from my educational certificate then?
When men start going for their mates age wise then people are more likely to marry within their ranks

WHen you were 19 would you date another 19yr old boy?

Girls normally pride themselves in saying they can never date their mates and brag about dating older men

Its a natural instinct for female to desire a partner older, richer, taller, stronger and better educated than them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by itstpia8: 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
^ have you married or dated yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Says She Deserves"thank U" After Sex - Can U Say That? / I Want To Leave My Husband / Funny! Obasanjo Sleeps With Son's Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.