Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Etisalat Scams A Nairalander - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Scams A Nairalander (1286 Views)

The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation / Guy Wins Etisalat Dance Challenge, Gets Brand New Car, Phone, Airtime For 1 Year / Latest Cheapest Call Tarrif Plan & Migration For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by mooremedia: 5:45am On Apr 13, 2016
Yesterday at about 6:14 pm he was Unwarrantedly subscribed to an eitsalat service he never subscribed for "Business TIPS" from a number 38555
He called customer care to complain,and an agent picked and confirmed that indeed a deduction was, made on his number 080910006**.He then asked for a refund since the error had been ascertained but to his greatest surprise the etisalat Nigeria customer care rep turned it down saying it was not possible as she could only ascertain that a service was subscribed to but couldn't tell who,as software to do so was unavailable.

Now to cut the long story short this is not the first time this is happening. Last year he was subscribed to a lottery service "Cloud9" which he never opted for and nothing less than N500 was deducted from he's account. He laid a complain. and then same excuse was given,this time they swore that he subscribed to the service and he never got a refunded even after several complaints.

Now all these would have been swept under the carpet and etisalat Nigeria overlooked if yesterdays event at about 6 pm was the last; but alas it wasn't,it was just the beginning.
This morning he woke up to see that 2 more deductions from the same "Business TIPS" within 6 hours laying a complain.

Now it is worthy to note that the so called business tips is a weekly service and is renewable in 7days.But to think that he was unscrupulously subscribed and charged thrice for services he didn't subscribe to is totally criminal, lugribious and unacceptable.
We won't take this from a network giant like etisalat.
Below are direct screen shots if what transpired.
we kindly call out to all stakeholders and relevant authorities to look into this.

Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by Aliyeous(m): 5:50am On Apr 13, 2016
my guy just opt out shikenan or change ur line
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by uzedo1(m): 7:14am On Apr 13, 2016
Call the customer care, tell them to cancel the subscription, but I doubts if your call credit will be returned. Some people/organization are just looking for ways to siphon there customers with any little opportunity they get.
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by player007(m): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2016
Call them back and tell them that if it isn't rectified in 24 hrs you will send all the details to NCC and they should be expecting a call from your Lawyer.
Worked for me.
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by calddon(m): 8:04am On Apr 13, 2016
Most of this tips are sponsored by third party organizations other than the service provider, call the customer care service and hopefully a more responsible and competent agent will respond to your complaints favourably. Etisalat perform well, currently using my ported sim on the network and no major issues.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by mooremedia: 8:23am On Apr 13, 2016
Aliyeous:
my guy just opt out shikenan or change ur line
what do you mean change my line.....how will I pay for a service and get cheated then work away.....
It can never happen.....This is not the first time it's happening and I can swear I'm not the only Nigerian it's happened to.
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by moski5(m): 8:30am On Apr 13, 2016
Call NCC 622
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by johnwizey: 9:23am On Apr 13, 2016
OP, who is the 'he'
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by Dygeasy(m): 9:52am On Apr 13, 2016
E dey the message make he send stop to cancel na
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by dominique(f): 10:54am On Apr 13, 2016
MTN are the leaders when it comes to illegal deductions. Airtel also kept deducting chunks of airtime from my line for some 'WASP' service till I complained. I'm sure Glo too will be doing their own. Why are our networks like this?
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by chumakk: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2016
Etisalat do refund money or they will give you free minutes to make calls
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by mooremedia: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
chumakk:
Etisalat do refund money or they will give you free minutes to make calls
I really hope they do,cuz I'm really ready for them.I already got myself a lawyer.
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by panpadre: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
call NCC for free and all Ya money will be refound simple... 622
Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
Send STOP to 38555

That opts you out of business tips

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Scams A Nairalander by darealsola(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
mooremedia:
Yesterday at about 6:14 pm he was Unwarrantedly subscribed to an eitsalat service he never subscribed for "Business TIPS" from a number 38555
He called customer care to complain,and an agent picked and confirmed that indeed a deduction was, made on his number 080910006**.He then asked for a refund since the error had been ascertained but to his greatest surprise the etisalat Nigeria customer care rep turned it down saying it was not possible as she could only ascertain that a service was subscribed to but couldn't tell who,as software to do so was unavailable.

Now to cut the long story short this is not the first time this is happening. Last year he was subscribed to a lottery service "Cloud9" which he never opted for and nothing less than N500 was deducted from he's account. He laid a complain. and then same excuse was given,this time they swore that he subscribed to the service and he never got a refunded even after several complaints.

Now all these would have been swept under the carpet and etisalat Nigeria overlooked if yesterdays event at about 6 pm was the last; but alas it wasn't,it was just the beginning.
This morning he woke up to see that 2 more deductions from the same "Business TIPS" within 6 hours laying a complain.

Now it is worthy to note that the so called business tips is a weekly service and is renewable in 7days.But to think that he was unscrupulously subscribed and charged thrice for services he didn't subscribe to is totally criminal, lugribious and unacceptable.
We won't take this from a network giant like etisalat.
Below are direct screen shots if what transpired.
we kindly call out to all stakeholders and relevant authorities to look into this.
na only because of #100 card.ok.take diz card.3428-7689-2290-3671

(1) (Reply)

Ntel Now In Ikorodu / Dead Samsung S4? Sell It Here!! / How To Tell If Someone Has Read Your Whatsapp Message In A Group Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.