Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

How To Make Bold, Italics, And Cancelled Text On Whatsapp! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make Bold, Italics, And Cancelled Text On Whatsapp! (2742 Views)

How To Write Colored Text On Facebook / 5 Cool Things You Can Do On Whatsapp You Probably Didn't Know About / See The Best Ways To Go Invisible On Whatsapp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Bold, Italics, And Cancelled Text On Whatsapp! by jessejane(f): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2016
WhatsApp has been updating the app quite frequently in the last few months, bring in feature after feature. The most recent WhatsApp update brought end-to-end encryption for all communication channels within the app. Similarly, previous updates in the past month brought PDF sharing support as when as support for text styling: Bold text, italics as well as strikethroughs. Here is a sample of WhatsApp bold text and others.

This text format styles, although basic, can be quite useful for emphasizing words or sentences when chatting. I didn’t know how much I really needed this features until I got them, now I use them almost everyday.

How to Implement WhatsApp Bold, Italics, and Strikethrough
WhatsApp Bold Text
The function that has been dedicated to the bold features is the asterisk (*) symbol. To make text bold simply surround the text with two asterisks and the text will transform immediately. Eg. *bold* will become *bold*

Text in Italics
Italics function follow a similar pattern, in this case the dedicated key is the underscore (_) symbol. Eg. _italics_ becomes _italics_

Strikethroughs
To make strikethroughs use the Tilde (~) symbol. Eg. ~strikethrough~ becomes ~strikethrough~.

Combinations
Interestingly I found out that you can combine tags to achieve really nice text combos

Eg.

*_Bolditalic_* = *_Bolditalic_*

*~boldstrike~* = *~boldstrike~*

~_strikeitalic_~ = ~_strikeitalic_~

and *~_hungrymansize_~* :mrgreen: = *~_hungrymansize_~*

Note: When using combinations remember to use the codes and close them in the right order.

source : http://www.boyantech.com/whatsapp-bold-italics-text-use/
Re: How To Make Bold, Italics, And Cancelled Text On Whatsapp! by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2016
Re: How To Make Bold, Italics, And Cancelled Text On Whatsapp! by jessejane(f): 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
silvermania:
am the only one seeing mine

the other person needs to be updated too
Re: How To Make Bold, Italics, And Cancelled Text On Whatsapp! by Cybertext(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
That's cool... Time to get my App updated

(1) (Reply)

2 Wks Old Tripple Camera Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) for sale @ 54k / Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specs And Price In Nigeria / Beware! Visafone Has Changed Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.