Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating (1200 Views)

Over Heating Problems / Over Heating Infinity QX4 / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by pasally(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
Pls kindly enlight me.what can I do to stop my sienna over heating.I change radiator cover.buy another fan. So pls how much is sienna 2001 model radiator.may be I should buy another radiator pls urgent.
Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by Lexusgs430: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
pasally:
Pls kindly enlight me.what can I do to stop my sienna over heating.I change radiator cover.buy another fan. So pls how much is sienna 2001 model radiator.may be I should buy another radiator pls urgent.

Has your mechanic performed a pressure test on your cylinders?
Has your thermostat been removed and tested?
Using panadol for an STD infection, would simply not cure the infection.
Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by bravolad(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Usually, overheating of the engine doesn't just happen, something triggers it. There are several things that can cause a vehicle engine to overheat. A clogged radiator, stuck open/closed thermostat, removed thermostat, leakage leading to air in the system which could be caused by a faulty radiator cover etc. Also, when the fan is not spinning properly or not spinning at all, the result is overheating.

A pressure test done by a competent technician as suggested by @Lexusgs430 should reveal the cause of your overheating. But before then, while the vehicle is idling, get a waterproof & place it in front of the radiator where the condenser is, if it sucks it, the problem is probably not your fan. But if it does not, your fan may require replacement. Thereafter, ensure that your radiator is not dirty.
Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by pasally(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ok.thanks
Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by antobrige: 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
hw many cell those ur radiator hv ?
Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
were is honmusa? He's the overheating expert wink

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by honmusa(m): 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
@Gazzuz I am here boss cool
@pasally you can bring the car over to my workshop for diagnosis so as to determine the root cause of the overheating
call 08061166316 if you are in Lagos.
Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by pasally(m): 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
@GAZZUZ. Pls where is your workshop location.
Re: Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating by princemillla(m): 7:52am On Apr 28, 2016
bravolad:
Usually, overheating of the engine doesn't just happen, something triggers it. There are several things that can cause a vehicle engine to overheat. A clogged radiator, stuck open/closed thermostat, removed thermostat, leakage leading to air in the system which could be caused by a faulty radiator cover etc. Also, when the fan is not spinning properly or not spinning at all, the result is overheating.

A pressure test done by a competent technician as suggested by @Lexusgs430 should reveal the cause of your overheating. But before then, while the vehicle is idling, get a waterproof & place it in front of the radiator where the condenser is, if it sucks it, the problem is probably not your fan. But if it does not, your fan may require replacement. Thereafter, ensure that your radiator is not dirty.

Water proof here could be empty pure water nylon.

This is what I usually use to ensure my rads is active

Lay man's way tho wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove A Dent In Car With A Hair Dryer (Photos) / See How This Driver Got His Car Out Of The Mud / Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.