Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? (21238 Views)

Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
I wish women like you should remain single for life.Coming here to seek for advice about your family issues shows how irresponsible you are.Maybe the opinions of strangers would matter more than that of your husband.You've really displayed your ignorance and lack of respect for your husband in public.People like you hardly stay in marriage.

If I were your husband,you would've moved to your ex's house by now.Your just a rebellious woman without respect.If you continue like this,your marriage might not last up to a year.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by plaetton: 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:
The way some people carry this marriage thing enh. Mscheeeew. Why on earth will I change my number?

If you can change your surname, change your official documents, then Why wouldn't you change your number ?
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

My ex is happily married but we remain best of friends. We still talk regularly on the phone and his wife knows, so ki ni big deal? It is only an insecure person that will demand their spouse change numbers because they're now married

Sweerie , changing numbers is not necessary , but avoiding calls from your ex is expedient at any point in time

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by AZeD1(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

I can't be given such options because I can't end up with such a petty man
Admit you remixed my answer wink
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by oshiiteoku: 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
That ur ex is a big fool,if u were that important to him,why didnt he marry u,u better watch it woman,infact chew that sim card

2 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Chinatownm(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
skywife:
Dear Nairaland family.

Have been married for a couple of months now and my spouse have been disturbing and threatening me to dispose my sim cards that everything about me needs to change since am now a married woman.He complain alot about frequent calls by my ex,to be sincere I have nothing to do with anyone again since am married and have explain to him but he wouldn't listen.I told him I have other business partners that calls on this same number and one of this line is for business and am well known with it,am scared I might lose some vital businesses or contracts due to this.I told him but all proved aborted.This has been an issue and am fed up.Is it mandatory after I changed name I should also change number? PLZ ADVICE ME

If ur ex valued u dat much to be calling u wen ur now married. Wat was he doing while ur husband was paying ur Bride price? Cherish ur marriage my dear and avoid crashing it with the slightest mistakes.

Even dangote doesn't maintain a single line for too long. Stop the excuses and build ur home. After all b4 u married ur husband u knew he was the jealous type, didn't u.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
All these my ex this, my ex that... I hate it. The worst part is if the relationship was sexual.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Baby boo , welcome back . How you dey ? It is very wrong to entertain calls from the ex . They can slowly steal your heart away from hubby/wifey ! Especially if there are problems in the marriage . E.g unsatisfactory sex from hubby/wifey , precarious financial problems , unrequited love etc .

I believe you understand me
My dear, there's a reason why we're exes, so it is very unlikely there will be any stealing of hearts, you dig? wink
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by odutolasodiq(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
madam, i will advise u change ur number if u value ur marriage. the reason is so obvious why ur husband ask u to do so(he is not comfortable wit ur ex calling),may b u must hav given him reasons to doubt u. please dont listen to some ladies on this forum asking u not to oblige ur husband's instruction, most of them are not married yet, some of them are divorced for obvious reasons( by their comment they shall be known). GOD bless ur union.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by tivta(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:
The way some people carry this marriage thing enh. Mscheeeew. Why on earth will I change my number?
You are obviously very young...
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Mediapace: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
Why So you want ugly men like me grin
Ishilove:

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
AZeD1:

Admit you remixed my answer wink
I didn't even see your answer until you quoted me smiley
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
plaetton:

If you can change your surname, change your official documents, then Why wouldn't you change your number ?

Its true sef , Ishilove has been bearing the maiden name from birth - people know her with it and all and suddenly she changes it . But to change phone number na wahala . Sweerie pie sef !

2 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
tivta:

You are obviously very young...
Yes I am. 21 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by DipoDee: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
So marriage has become a job that people now change their numbers to official-marriage line immediately they get married shocked which planet are Nigerians from again cheesygrin

6 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by micca: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
pedestal82:
Its not compulsry, but u have given him a reason to insist on it. Is ur ex aware u are married? If yes to this question, and he still calls you,and u pick. Then its justified, infact i will also insist on u deactivating ur social media accounts. You have not given him a reason to trust you.
nairaland u are too complicated some tym. Woman change ur number evn Obama is ur biz partner. B4 issue of divorce is problem oo but now is question of telling d woman am tire of these marriage and i will take u to ur father hauz d following day gbam
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mediapace:
Why So you want ugly men like me grin
This isn't about looks, it's about maturity
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by rileest: 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
Lilimax:
Spot on! I had a close friend and brother before I met my hubby although He was not too happy when I told him I was getting married to my husband. He was there on my wedding day and I introduced him to my hubby. We were there for him also when he got married the following year smiley The two families became friends till they travelled out of the country. Lesson: there should be a level of trust in a marriage without which the marriage will be shaky and may be heading for the rock. embarassed

From what I can tell, the husband was probably not her first choice when she wanted to get married, maybe she didn't marry the ex due to some reasons beyond the control of either of them. The husband probably knew that and maybe hurriedly proposed marriage thinking that will totally end whatever It is between them..That must be why he's Insecure about that particular ex because I'm sure that's that's not the only ex she has. The truth is some people don't just stop loving each other and as long as the ex still wants something to do with her. The only way is If the ex forgot about her himself. So, the husband either pray the ex does that or get the wife to really beg him to let go. Changing number is not going to solve anything.

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
xtervaganza:
Madame oluwaburna, you need to speak sense into op's head. She speaks woth her ex on phone in her husband's house?

I'm guessing g her hubby is one of those weaklings masquerading as men
I'm sure if she changed her number she would still give her ex the number
Nonsense

I didn't address that issue because I don't see anything wrong with speaking to an ex, but everything should be done moderately (she said he calls FREQUENTLY).
I wouldn't wanna call the man petty either, we have heard only her side of the story.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its true sef , Ishilove has been bearing the maiden name from birth - people know her with it and all and suddenly she changes it . But to change phone number na wahala . Sweerie pie sef !
Those are two very different situations grin
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by YelloweWest: 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
In still using the number my ex brought forward me 13 years ago. I've been married for 10years+

Who makes these silky rules for women sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by erico2k2(m): 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

I know you cant but would you be bold enouf to tell him F off?
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by AZeD1(m): 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

I didn't even see your answer until you quoted me smiley
Hmmmm
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by byvan03: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
ehisendowed:

Olodo...did he call his ex?

Olodo for what exactly? Learn to speak like a sensible human being, don't type like a gutter rat.

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
plaetton:

Why should I change my number? Am I relocating to another country?? So I should alienate people because I now Mrs so and so? Some of the people you're cutting off may end up being your saviours when shiit hits the fan

2 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear, there's a reason why we're exes, so it is very unlikely there will be any stealing of hearts, you dig? wink

I grab boo , but you think the wife is okay with it ? Women are very jealous beings , and if by an means that man yields to infidelity-keeping late nights and obscuring text messages , you are the first suspect . She starts holding some kind of resentment against you . Do you want that
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by micca: 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

Then it means you aren't mature enough for marriage. I am married doesn't mean I will automatically alienate the whole world. I am not so insecure that I will start crying blue murder because my husband's ex called him. If they remain friends it isn't a problem, as long as nothing is going on underneath.
These man if u ar luking 4 prayer ask me to give u one help me. Are they keeping goat with yam b4? If yes allow ur wife to frd to her ex and u beging to nurse another person child
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by octopusfreaky(f): 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
I dont need to change my number ooo,, infact all my excessses must cutoff from me wen am married
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Mediapace: 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
I know but wait,let me ask you this jamb question : Assuming you are told to choose btw : Mr A : Handsome, wealthy &bad character, Mr B : Ugly,famous,rich and bad character.
Which one will you choose dear ?
Ishilove:
This isn't about looks, it's about maturity
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by goingape: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
magnificientzaz:

She only asked for advice not insults.
U would have been able to pass your message meaningfully without insulting her.
advice!

Do you know this will lead to?

Do you know how many marriage have been broken because of this?

Weather INSULT or not. She should have use her own sense I'm things like this
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
erico2k2:

I know you cant but would you be bold enouf to tell him F off?
Yels I can. Fvck off and keep fvcking off until you borrow yourself brain and fvck back to me. I'm submissive but not a zombie grin grin
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by dapsycool(m): 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

"Very unlikely"
Everyone has a price. You are playing with fire. I wouldn't trust ANY WOMAN with her ex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? / The Year Is Gradually Coming To An End. What Is Your Achievement? / House Clearance Sales!!!!!!!!! Everything must go for 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.