Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada (16679 Views)

PDP Clears Ifeanyi Ubah For Anambra Governorship Election (Photos) / Witches And Wizards Speak On Edo Governorship Election / Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Drsheddy(m): 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ex-Gov. Idris Wada of Kogi on Wednesday told the State Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja that he won the 2015 governorship election in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the former governor contested the election on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Wada spoke through one of his witnesses, Mr Joe Agada, the PDP Chief Agent at INEC collation centre in Lokoja, while opening his defence. The witness was led in evidence by Mr Chris Uche (SAN), counsel to Wada.
Agada said Wada he won the election with 204, 877 votes against 6,885 scored by Gov. Yahaya Bello of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He said Bello could not inherit vote scored by late Audu Abubakar, who was until his death, the governorship candidate of APC in the election.
Agada said late Audu scored 240, 867 on Nov. 21 governorship election but died 7.45 a.m. on Nov. 22, 2015 before the election could be concluded.
The witness further stated that the APC had no valid candidate for the supplementary election because at the time Bello was substituted, the statutory time allowed for substitution had elapsed.
Wada scored 199, 514 on Nov. 2, 2015 election, while he polled 5,363 in the supplementary election on Dec. 5, 2015.
In the Nov. 21, late Audu scored 240, 867, while Bello who substituted him received 6,885 vote in the Dec. 5 election.
Agada said that with the figure polled by Bello, he could not be said to have won the election.
The witness, under cross examination, also maintained that the vote cast for late Abubakar Audu remained void after he died.
Agada further argued that Bello did not participate in the Nov. 21 governorship election as he had no permanent voter card.
According to him, none of the candidates won at the time the election was declared inconclusive by INEC.
Meanwhile, the tribunal admitted as exhibits, Agada’s statement on oath, result sheets from the 2,548 polling units in the state, voter register and PDP’s protest letter to INEC.
Other documents admitted by the tribunal were the witness’s party membership card, voter card and letter of his appointment as PDP chief agent at INEC coalition centre.
Another witness, Mr Samuel Oduntan, testified that he carried out a forensic analysis of the election material and discovered that there was over voting.
He, however, said that he could not remember the numbers of ballot papers he scanned, adding that he was the team leader of the forensic expert, who signed report presented to the court.
(NAN)

http://www.kogireports.com/tribunal-update-i-won-kogi-governorship-election-wada/

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by ijedallar: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
His claims are logical

14 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by yarimo(m): 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
Thank God it's the witness that is speaking all this nonsense grammar, if not Ehh Ehh
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by 2sydoflyf(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Wada is the candidate with the highest number of votes still alive. He should be declared winner. Although kogites thought they have voted out their 'non-performing governor'.

17 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by ellapius(f): 5:00am On Apr 14, 2016
i did my NYSC in kogi.that state os backward in everytin. wada should go and do something else abeg

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by geniusgenes: 7:42am On Apr 14, 2016
who e epp?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by MathsChic(f): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2016
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by ibkgab001: 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
Yes you won I also saw it in my dream

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
geniusgenes:
who e epp?
Me cry
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by mccoy47(m): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
Oya go to government house na. angry

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Sunnycliff(m): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
Food Don Done for the legal luminaries! I am here to learn and listen to arguments, propositions and oppositions!

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by sammyj: 7:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Foolishness is when you scored less than 190 in jamb and still claimed you passed because somebody else stole another man's score to gain admission. I beleive this man is on high raw ogogoro and Jamaica weed!!!! cool shocked cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by ReabridCharles(m): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2016
How does this reduce the price of fuel?

If you win am, wetin concern me?

Na rivers state I de.
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by odinese(m): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2016
[size=15pt]how will this stop we Barcelona fans from crying? [/size]

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by DeKen: 7:44am On Apr 14, 2016
This man may likely win this case.
However the law is not very explicit in some of the circumstances faced by APC.
Unfortunately this loophole can be used to the advantage of either party.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Aromas: 7:45am On Apr 14, 2016
ellapius:
i did my NYSC in kogi.that state os backward in everytin. wada should go and do something else abeg
Seriously Kogi State is so backward. But with Bello Kogi shall rise again.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by rhythyson: 7:47am On Apr 14, 2016
ijedallar:
His claims are logical

Logical

Mumu Wada contested with APC not Yahaya Bello. grin

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Acidosis(m): 7:47am On Apr 14, 2016
ellapius:

You forgot to tell us your state madam

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by brainbox1000(m): 7:47am On Apr 14, 2016
Okay
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by ecmb(m): 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
#reasonable argument. My personal opinion though

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by sLentlover7778(m): 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
Buhari never still come back?
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Odunsco01(m): 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
Came bak 2 base(kogi) on monday even wt d new governor kogi is still far backward
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by blackpanda: 7:50am On Apr 14, 2016
2sydoflyf:
Wada is the candidate with the highest number of votes still alive. He should be declare winner. Although kogites thought they have voted out their non-performing governor.

God forbid! 8years of zero development and heavy indebtedness!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Johnny19: 7:50am On Apr 14, 2016
Wu eii epp
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by godoluwa(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2016
OK
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by KAYNINI(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2016
we know

but we are waiting for the declaration
in the meantime start choosing your cabinet and work out plans to correct all your mistakes during your first tenure
i see you winning this one

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by IrradiatoR: 7:51am On Apr 14, 2016
ReabridCharles:
How does this reduce the price of fuel?

If you win am, wetin concern me?

Na rivers state I de.

abi o my brother. . .

The RULING ELITE actually just gave us another propaganda to debate on or argue about while we waste our time on earth away. . .

if we can ignore and strive for that which will be BENEFICIAL for us and our family, this WILL NOT. . .

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by MarshRiley(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2016
Abeg we don tire with Kogi state
Tribunal should do the needful and let whoever is the governor concentrate jor
Haba
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by ejitec16(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2016
Aromas:

Seriously Kogi State is so backward. But with Bello Kogi shall rise again.
which Bello? with all his screenings.... him don paid single salary since assumed office?
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by yinkslinks(m): 7:55am On Apr 14, 2016
my baby bello wont do better with 3 wives. how far u don get job?
ellapius:
Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by Dindondin(m): 7:56am On Apr 14, 2016
will he say this if Audu Abubakar was alive? James Faleke is the real winner.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada by 2sydoflyf(m): 8:01am On Apr 14, 2016
blackpanda:

God forbid! 8years of zero development and heavy indebtedness!
At least he was paying civil servants salaries unlike the inexperienced Bello who can't pay salary for 4months and still counting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Governors Are Sponsoring Daily Protests Against Oshiomhole - Nabena / BREAKING: High Court Upholds Zamfara APC Primary Elections / PDP Tells Buhari He Has Handed The Presidential Villa To Illegal Occupants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.