|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,778,270 members, 6,620,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 December 2021 at 01:40 PM
Innoson Motors Signs Deal With China To Pump $1bn Into Nigeria / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) / Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency (2) (3) (4)
|Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:53am On Apr 14, 2016|
Currency Deal With China To Crash The Dollar By 70% !
President Buhari doesn't have "certificate" but he sure knows how to make things happen and do what some heroes with unproven Ph.D. can't even dream of...
1. As President Buhari and CBN Governor, Emefiele moved closer to actualizing their promise to strengthen the naira against the US dollars
2. By signing a landmark currency deal with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd on Tuesday in Beijing, China.
3. The agreement will allow Nigerian who imports mainly from China conclude their transactions in the Chinese currency instead of the dollar
4. The new agreement would see Nigeria-China trades, which accounts for over 70 percent of imports into Nigeria, concluded in the Yuan.
5. Until now over 90% of int'l trades between Nigeria & the world is done in dollars, & in the process putting so much pressure on the naira
6. Nigeria imports almost all it needs from the West, Middle East and Asia.
7. The CBN is expected to diversify a huge chunk of Nigeria’s foreign reserve from the dollars to the Yuan to perfect the agreement.
8. “It means that the renminbi (Yuan) is free to flow among diff banks in Nigeria, & the renminbi has been included in the FXR of Nigeria,”
9. FXR means foreign exchange reserves
10. Lin Songtian, director general of the African affairs department of China’s foreign ministry, told reporters in Beijing ...
11. .. a few minutes after the agreement was signed between the Governors of the nations’ reserve banks..
12. in the presence of President Buhari & President Xi Jingping of China, who is hosting Buhari and top Nigerian officials to a state visit.
13. Lin said a framework on currency swaps has been agreed with Nigeria, making it easier to settle trade deals in Yuan.
14. China has signed currency swap deals with countries ranging from Kazakhstan to Argentina as it promotes wider use of its Yuan.
15. Nigeria would become the clearinghouse for Yuan denominated transactions for the whole of Africa following the agreement.
16. Beijing also signed agreements to develop infrastructure in Nigeria, part of a drive to deepen its ties with Africa.
17. It has offered Nigeria a loan worth $6 billion to fund infrastructure projects.
18. Also, ICBC signed a $2 billion loan deal with Dangote group, to fund two cement plants it plans to build, Lin told Reuters.
19. China’s official Xinhua news agency cited President Xi as telling Buhari that there was huge potential for economic cooperation, naming
20. Naming oil, refining and mining..
21. Nigeria is also considering issuing Panda bonds (mainly Yuan denominated) as against euro bonds because they are cheaper.
This is good, better days are ahead, I'm sooo happy and hopeful right now. Nigeria shall be great again!
181 Likes 22 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by DaBullIT(m): 8:58am On Apr 14, 2016|
Another win for Certificateless , gworo chewing Daura President
I never regretted voting for Buhari
Do you ?
Buhari is Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omenka tonyebarcanista , seun , lalasticlala
318 Likes 12 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Mynd44: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2016|
Not 70% but it will take a lot of strain off exchange rates
17 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Seun(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2016|
I have no problem with trade deals, but anyone who thinks this will strengthen the naira is confused. The only thing that will strengthen the naira sustainably is if we export more (or if the price of oil recovers). Our honourable president's well intentioned voodoo economics didn't work the last time and won't work this time either. He needs to listen to mainstream economists and follow their recommendations. Economics works.
141 Likes 19 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Emekamex(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2016|
Good move but we all should be aware that China regularly devalues their currency in bid to make their export cheaper than the USA and other European producers, that is how they stay at the top.
Here is an excerpt from business insiders.
......The stark truth is nobody wants yuan anymore.
I will advise the government to limit forex to be converted to Yuan to around 6-8%, given China's unethical move of always devaluing their currency whenever their economy regresses in order for us not to lose our forex value.
23 Likes 8 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Seun(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2016|
Mynd44:how exactly? Can you explain in detail?
5 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Dmillionaire: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2016|
I wonder why it's so difficult for pple to understand fraud at first sight. the same stealing politicians the same policy signing for years with no physical reality. please op wake up from ur long slumber, u are tooo big 4 this shit. these pple are political criminals simple. no be today yansh begin stay for back
31 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2016|
Nice Intention from Buhari....
Welcome to Nigeria where all this efforts will be sabotaged!!
I have nothing else to say....!!
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Mynd44: 9:28am On Apr 14, 2016|
Seun:If we do more of our importing from China, we will save a lot of strain on our local currency against the dollar by trading directly in the Chinese currency.
It is really a matter of demand and supply. Less people need the dollar for less strain.
21 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by showblack(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2016|
Bubu is working
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by signature2012(m): 9:37am On Apr 14, 2016|
I can see we are on same page with this
issue,to me the same thing that happened to the dollar against Naira will also happen to the yuan against Naira soon.
Our level of importation has been so high before now and with this development it will aggravate it more,making us more dependent on imported goods which will surely affect our exportation strength.
Our local manufacturers will suffer it more except the govt will restrict some items not to be imported.
I await CBN approach on this,if it will still be the same old way whereby you have the CBN rate and BLACK MARKET rate for dollars,hope same won't be applicable to the yuan.
22 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by mrphysics(m): 10:11am On Apr 14, 2016|
Oh God, so proud of you miss NgeneUkwenu.
Nice work you have been doing since may 29, 2015.
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Seun(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2016|
Mynd44:It is my understanding that we already import a lot of goods from China (alibaba, etc). Most Chinese exports are priced and paid for in dollars.
Some questions for you:
1) What was preventing us from doing more of our importing from China before we decided to borrow billions of dollars from China?
2) How exactly will our borrowing billions of dollars from China cause us to suddenly start doing more of our importing from China?
3) What was preventing us from using the Yuan to pay for imports from China before we decided to borrow billions of dollars from China.
4) How exactly will borrowing billions of dollars from China cause us to suddenly start paying for Chinese goods with the Yuan instead of dollar?
33 Likes 12 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Truth234(m): 11:30am On Apr 14, 2016|
To be honest these are very important questions that most people won't ask, China is looking for ways to further her business reach while trying to transform its economy to a consumption dependent economy instead of exports, hence the need to invest in other regions where their exports can be pushed to.
China has been looking for a way to substantially infiltrate Africa's largest market, I am afraid Buhari offer that opportunity with this loan agreement. Nullifying every campaigns for diversification to enhance our exports via local raw materials.
In as much as the deal will allow importers and traders access both finished and unfinished goods at a lower commission, the long-term implications is more than what Nigerians are been sold.
17 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by GodpunishBuhari: 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2016|
if all you said is how it will be then it's a good stuff
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by mildflame: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2016|
Mainstream economist like who? The World Bank, IMF or who excatly? How many economist foresaw the global meltdown? Did it have any effect on the CHINESE RUSSIAN and INDIA government?
How many financial CROOKS in wall street have u seen jailed?
PMB u are on track, developed your indigenous policy, stick to it n DAMN all "text book recommendations from so called MAINSTREET ECONOMIST", n watch naija smooth sail into El-Dorado economically.
66 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by dav8id(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2016|
For me, I think its a work weldone
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by godoluwa(m): 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2016|
dav8id:my question is, will it be readily available at official rate for those in need of it?
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by birdman(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2016|
Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s president, has negotiated a $6bn loan and a currency swap deal with China, as he continues to search for ways to revive an economy buckling under pressure from dwindling oil revenues.
A more even handed analysis - looks like in principle this is a good deal. Maybe not the best, but I think its better than anything "traditional economists" would have offered
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Truth234(m): 7:34am On Apr 15, 2016|
The wrong data invalidated the whole analysis
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Pidggin(f): 7:43am On Apr 15, 2016|
Even China have dollar reserves. Is it a mistake that the West and other important countries ignore the Yuan?
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:34am On Apr 15, 2016|
lalasticlala please let's Nigerians know this!
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by signature2012(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2016|
Know what?I await what the exchange rate will be.
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by aloeman15(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2016|
Pidggin:In two sentences you've summarised the entire fate of this policy and its future effect on our economy.
Our import-driven, oil-based economy.
Look, just plan for a safety net for yourself and your loved ones, because this country has just signed its economic death warrant.
5 Likes 6 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by comos: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2016|
FG should scrutinized this china deal very well before signing such that Nigeria is not turned into dumping ground for china products by through the Igbo traders. this will lead to closure of many industries thereby leading to massive unemployment.
Nigeria Industries should be strictly guided against these cheap china/Indian low quality goods.
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Seun(m): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2016|
mildflame:Professor Soludo. Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Any Nigerian economist who is respected abroad. They are largely in agreement.
How many economist foresaw the global meltdown?First of all, here's a list of 6 economists who predicted the meltdown: interblack.com.
Having said that, you seem to misunderstand the predictive role of Economics. Economics cannot predict exactly what will happen in the future because that depends on the policies politicians chose to implement, but it can predict what will happen if they implement particular policies.
Did it have any effect on the CHINESE RUSSIAN and INDIA government?Yes, it drove Russia into recession, slowed China's growth, and strangled India's stock market.
32 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Chubhie: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2016|
Reminds me of the Laos-China high speed 418 kilometers rail tracks. Buhari should come clean and tell the true details.
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by VocalWalls: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2016|
Many of you are just saying nonsense. Is it America that hiked the price of the dollar?
The problem is with the system, how are we sure the yuan won't go as high as 80 in the parallel market?
So when it gets to that, we then jump to cefa instead of fixing the system. Are we this dull?
20 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Icon4s(m): 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2016|
As if the value of Dollars depends solely on the Nigerian economy. APC deceiving gullible Nigerians since may 29th, 2015.
5 Likes 2 Shares
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190