Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Currency Deal With China: Things To Know - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Currency Deal With China: Things To Know (41910 Views)

Innoson Motors Signs Deal With China To Pump $1bn Into Nigeria / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) / Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by MrTeCO(m): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Doyin2:

The earlier you see Dangote plc as a Nigerian project,and not a northern Nigeria project,the better for your life.

Only then can you appreciate that the total loan Nigeria is receiving for projects is actually $8billion ($2b for industrial projects) and (6billion for infrastructural projects)

Now, who else could be most trusted with a $2billion industrial loan facility in Nigeria of today,other than the richest,most successful and result oriented industrialist in Africa

It is rather unfortunate that your grouch is even against one of Nigeria's most de-tribalised industrialist.Are you aware that one of the projects(Cement factory) is going to be sited in Edo State?

SMH.

And what will you say of all the North intended plans included in the 2016 budget ?? Check well n u'll that Buhari x getting the North ready for Nigeria's demarcation....hv u asked y he's spending billions in the Northern sides to get oil....why didn't they Remove the Kaduna rail project 4rm the budget as they did to the embattled Calabar rail project. Am not a tribalist but check well what's going on in the country and u'll see that this govt is all about the North even b4 now. Its just that Buhari is completing the final works.

N wait bro, is Dangote the only industrialist in the country...the CBN has already giving him a loan for the Tomato plant he built. Which other tribe industrialist have they helped even in the midst of this country's current economic condition. Plssss plssss let's all not forget that this govt is trying hard to suppress other tribes from gaining more grounds economically. If u wana knw hw deep this country has gone to do that then go n ask any big Igbo industrialist the last time he imported goods into the country or u do a background check on how many tribes do importation business in the country more than the Southerners. See am not saying that the loan is bad but don't tell me that the loan given to Dangote was for Nigeria@large. It was for Dangote alone n Buhari help secured dat 4 him.

P.S...have never seen a situation where another country lends money to an industrialist from another country. Check very well n if u see, just lemme knw n I'll delete my prv Comment. Thanks.
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Simonagbons(m): 8:07am On Apr 16, 2016
whatever this deal is about... I pray it favours Nigerians shikina
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by sam90s(m): 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
signature2012:

I can see we are on same page with this

issue,to me the same thing that happened to the dollar against Naira will also happen to the yuan against Naira soon.

Our level of importation has been so high before now and with this development it will aggravate it more,making us more dependent on imported goods which will surely affect our exportation strength.

Our local manufacturers will suffer it more except the govt will restrict some items not to be imported.

I await CBN approach on this,if it will still be the same old way whereby you have the CBN rate and BLACK MARKET rate for dollars,hope same won't be applicable to the yuan.

You make it sound like it's impossible to plan what essential, mostly fabricated, items to import, say what you want, the current team are yet to display any reckless tendency, so they've earned a chance to be allowed to carry out their plan, I say we'll find out soon enough.
China makes a lot tools we need in our farm processing industry, not to mention skills, with their healthy economy and good prospects, they are less likely eat us to the ground, better option in terms of immediate growth, I might be wrong, but I sure hope I'm not.
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by mikolo80: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Seun:
I have no problem with trade deals, but anyone who thinks this will strengthen the naira is confused. The only thing that will strengthen the naira sustainably is if we export more (or if the price of oil recovers). Our honourable president's well intentioned voodoo economics didn't work the last time and won't work this time either. He needs to listen to mainstream economists and follow their recommendations. Economics works.
who mainstream economists don epp?abegi mowu hia word.
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by nosingwa: 12:01am On Apr 17, 2016
signature2012:

I can see we are on same page with this

issue,to me the same thing that happened to the dollar against Naira will also happen to the yuan against Naira soon.

Our level of importation has been so high before now and with this development it will aggravate it more,making us more dependent on imported goods which will surely affect our exportation strength.

Our local manufacturers will suffer it more except the govt will restrict some items not to be imported.

I await CBN approach on this,if it will still be the same old way whereby you have the CBN rate and BLACK MARKET rate for dollars,hope same won't be applicable to the yuan.

This boy, Na story you dey find.
Didn't you read the post? 70% of oversea imports are from China, this deal does not increase or reduce our import, it just lets us pay directly in the Chinese yuan instead of the USD. What is there you don't understand?
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by calabardick(m): 12:26am On Apr 17, 2016
noeloge82:
Pls u can meet farmers on the street and confirm that in the last Administration their was 70% increase in food production cos farmers were provided with farm input, seeds, DOC, fingerlings n chemical fertilizers etc if this govt can still follow that line in the next few yrs we will start exporting agricultural produce to Mongolia
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Ratello: 12:31am On Apr 17, 2016
MrTeCO:

And what will you say of all the North intended plans included in the 2016 budget ?? Check well n u'll that Buhari x getting the North ready for Nigeria's demarcation....hv u asked y he's spending billions in the Northern sides to get oil....why didn't they Remove the Kaduna rail project 4rm the budget as they did to the embattled Calabar rail project. Am not a tribalist but check well what's going on in the country and u'll see that this govt is all about the North even b4 now. Its just that Buhari is completing the final works.

N wait bro, is Dangote the only industrialist in the country...the CBN has already giving him a loan for the Tomato plant he built. Which other tribe industrialist have they helped even in the midst of this country's current economic condition. Plssss plssss let's all not forget that this govt is trying hard to suppress other tribes from gaining more grounds economically. If u wana knw hw deep this country has gone to do that then go n ask any big Igbo industrialist the last time he imported goods into the country or u do a background check on how many tribes do importation business in the country more than the Southerners. See am not saying that the loan is bad but don't tell me that the loan given to Dangote was for Nigeria@large. It was for Dangote alone n Buhari help secured dat 4 him.

P.S...have never seen a situation where another country lends money to an industrialist from another country. Check very well n if u see, just lemme knw n I'll delete my prv Comment. Thanks.
Bro don't talk too much, what you wrote up there is only meant for the wise. Only fools doubt proofs.....sail on bro. #Respect

1 Like

Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by aresa: 12:36am On Apr 17, 2016
repogirl:
what counter facts?

Where is the fact in your statement? All I see are assumptions and made up ideas....or, did you see a copy of the agreement that was signed?

Why should I bother with counter facts when all you present as facts are baseless, hence your awesome naïveté!

I was expecting something coherent and intelligent argument and not your meaningless, shallow ans empty rant..
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by signature2012(m): 1:55am On Apr 17, 2016
nosingwa:

[/b]This boy,[b]Na story you dey find.
Didn't you read the post? 70% of oversea imports are from China, this deal does not increase or reduce our import, it just lets us pay directly in the Chinese yuan instead of the USD. What is there you don't understand?

You must be very rude!
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by repogirl(f): 4:43am On Apr 17, 2016
aresa:
[b][/b]

I was expecting something coherent and intelligent argument and not your meaningless, shallow ans empty rant..
yadda yadda yadda, I don't waste time counter arguing empty, baseless and made up facts.
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by birdman(m): 2:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Seun:

Professor Soludo. Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Any Nigerian economist who is respected abroad. They are largely in agreement.

First of all, here's a list of 6 economists who predicted the meltdown: interblack.com.

Having said that, you seem to misunderstand the predictive role of Economics. Economics cannot predict exactly what will happen in the future because that depends on the policies politicians chose to implement, but it can predict what will happen if they implement particular policies.

Yes, it drove Russia into recession, [url=http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2008/09/beijing%E2%80%99s-burden-a-slowing-china-bodes-ill-for-the-world-economy/]slowed China's growth[/url], and strangled India's stock market.

care to post linkys on sanusi's and soludo's position?

as to your interblack link, look, even a broken clock is right twice in a day. Roubini is a perma bear. And it interesting to note that his predictions have been off since then, so much co that he has faded back into obscurity
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Almajiri1: 8:56pm On May 13, 2016
Some humans of Nigeria deserves to be flogged.

1 Like

Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Almajiri1: 6:59am On Jul 24, 2016
Bump N Grind
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2016
DaBullIT:
Another win for Certificateless , gworo chewing Daura President

I never regretted voting for Buhari

Do you ?

Buhari is Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omenka tonyebarcanista , seun , lalasticlala

another scam
Re: Currency Deal With China: Things To Know by Almajiri1: 11:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Anticorruption:

another scam

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governors Wike & Ortom Reconcile, Hug Each Other As They Meet (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Meets Michelle Obama In New York (Photos) / I Will Collect My N4Billion From Sahara Reporters – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.