Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Why Car Headrest Is Detachable - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Car Headrest Is Detachable (6149 Views)

Android 7.1 Car DVD System / Android Headrest For Any Car (tell Us Your Car) / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating / Do You Know Why The Headrest Of Car Seats Are Deliberately Kept Detachable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by senator2k9(m): 10:15am On Apr 14, 2016
The headrest of car seats is deliberately kept detachable and sharp so that it could be used to break open the glass of car in case of fire and emergency. The car's glass too are kept easily breakable from inside. Very few people know about it and thus can't save themselves in case of emergencies.
Please share it with as many possible and educate. Mods pls this will help a lot if it gets to the front page..

4 Likes

Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by greenbackboogie(m): 10:21am On Apr 14, 2016
senator2k9:
The headrest of car seats is deliberately kept detachable and sharp so that it could be used to break open the glass of car in case of fire and emergency. The car's glass too are kept easily breakable from inside. Very few people know about it and thus can't save themselves in case of emergencies.
Please share it with as many possible and educate. Mods pls this will help a lot if it gets to the front page..
Nice piece of info, but in the case of emergency I don't think most panicking individuals would have the patience for that act.
Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by invisibility: 10:29am On Apr 14, 2016
greenbackboogie:

Nice piece of info, but in the case of emergency I don't think most panicking individuals would have the patience for that act.

Good observation... especially when in panic mode. Elbow usually does the job. But good to know there's a better substitute.

1 Like

Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by thesicilian: 10:38am On Apr 14, 2016
Is this the true, official reason or something that was seen in a movie and just sort of makes sense?
Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by jayriginal: 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:
Is this the true, official reason or something that was seen in a movie and just sort of makes sense?

That's where your own personal research comes in.

1 Like

Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by thesicilian: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
jayriginal:

That's where your own personal research comes in.
Don't need to be told. Still ongoing.
Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by jayriginal: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:

Don't need to be told. Still ongoing.

Ok we are waiting.

Late submission will attract a dededuction of some marks.

1 Like

Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by thesicilian: 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
jayriginal:

Ok we are waiting.
Late submission will attract a deduction of some marks.
Quality work takes time to do, just like a good soup.
Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by king406(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
Good info. Never thought of it

1 Like

Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
I don't believe this. What about volvos with head rests fixed in one position.
Re: Why Car Headrest Is Detachable by Thebrightest(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
Nice. I will try this when i get my new car.

(1) (Reply)

DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 / How Do You Buy From Amazon? / Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.