Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! (977 Views)

World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter / Super Eagles Midfielder Racially Abused, Stoned With Cans Of Beer After Red Card / Eni Aluko Reacts After FA Admits Sampson Racially Abused Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! by toprealman: 6:22am On Apr 15, 2016
The coach of Slovenia's league leaders has been banned for the final seven games of the season for racially abusing
one of his own players.
Olimpija Ljubljana boss Marko Nikolic has been widely
reported as calling Blessing Eleke a "black idiot" after he felt the Nigerian, 20, spent too long celebrating an equaliser.
The club initially refused to suspend the Serb, but the
Slovenian FA intervened "because of clear racism".
Olimpija are two points clear.
The game against Zavrc ended 1-1 thanks to Eleke's first
home goal for Olimpija following his January move from
league rivals Gorica.
Nikolic said he made "an emotional reaction" as Eleke's
celebration meant there was less time for a winner against
and "never intended to offend the player racially".
He added: "I spoke to Eleke and he said he understood my
reaction because emotional outbursts of this kind can
happen.
"I apologise for my reaction generated solely by the rush to
score the winning goal after getting a 92nd-minute equaliser
and I thank the team for not judging my act as racist."
Olimpija president Milan Mandaric, the former Leicester and Portsmouth owner, had defended Nikolic, saying: "We have come to the conclusion that the coach did not target the player's race."
source: http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/36049679
Re: Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! by DickDastardly(m): 6:27am On Apr 15, 2016
But we do our own here naa undecided
We call it bigotry or tribalism here and we seem to get so much high from it. grin cheesy

I know a president who made 80% of his appointments from DAURA and his tribe, abeg make dem free the coachito cool
Re: Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! by Galaxydon1(m): 6:33am On Apr 15, 2016
DickDastardly:
But we do our own here naa undecided
We call it bigotry or tribalism here and we seem to get so much high from it. grin cheesy ewu. Thats what you are.

I know a president who made 80% of his appointments from DAURA and his tribe, abeg make dem free the coachito cool
Re: Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 15, 2016
lmao..the part where the op said 'black idiot' got me lmao,,so the coach should be called 'white idiot'.Dunno being an idiot could be classified into black,white,yellow.
Re: Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! by nedu2000(m): 6:54am On Apr 15, 2016
Which is the worse insult? Being labelled 'black'? Or being labelled 'idiot'?
This racism thing is overflogged abeg
Re: Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! by buzquet(m): 6:59am On Apr 15, 2016
thats way to go. not a league way IFEANYI UBAH go carry thug enter field to dey beat goalkepper
Re: Coach Banned For Racially Abusing A Nigerian!!! by Chanchit: 7:23am On Apr 15, 2016
Thumbs up to the club for not taking action against the coach, he said the word out of frustration, why over celebrate when you know you still need a winner. Coach Laloko invents new curses for players in his club everyday here in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Goal.com Ng Writing Contest / Messi Frown Face After Cristiano Ronaldo Received Fifa Award / Fabregas Pulled A Shocking Comment On Arsenal’s Premier League Drought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.