Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (729860 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Kitequincy: 3:03am On Oct 26, 2017
Was there a centre at Enugu for the interview?Tot the whole of southeast and southsouth did thiers in portharcourt.My tots though.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cbn4main: 8:04am On Oct 26, 2017
Kitequincy:
Was there a centre at Enugu for the interview?Tot the whole of southeast and southsouth did thiers in portharcourt.My tots though.
There was. At independence Layout
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Kitequincy: 8:15am On Oct 26, 2017
It's ok.can you give an estimate of the number of persons that were invited for interview to the Enugu centre.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FloF(f): 9:07am On Oct 26, 2017
So I did not get this call from Firs after the long wait. Hmmm. cry
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2017
FloF:
So I did not get this call from Firs after the long wait. Hmmm. cry

If you say you didn't, then you didn't and if you say you did, then you did. I did after the faithful wait.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2017
Eigaso:

If you say you didn't, then you didn't and if you say you did, then you did. I did after the faithful wait.
you got a call from them? Congrats
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nellymonic(f): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
cbn4main:
I'm from Southeast, Imo to be precise. I applied for the post of AM. I got an invitation for the interview via a phone call. I did my interview yesterday in Enugu. It was majorly simple questions. Any other southeasterner that did the interview in Enugu? Pls holla

Please can u help with the phone number that called you for the interview,so that we can always call back if we miss their call tanx.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cbn4main: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Kitequincy:
It's ok.can you give an estimate of the number of persons that were invited for interview to the Enugu centre.
Exactly 82 persons for the entire southeast
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cbn4main: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nellymonic:

Please can u help with the phone number that called you for the interview,so that we can always call back if we miss their call tanx.
08103398*** If you missed a call from this number, please do call back. Your interview can be rescheduled if it is still ongoing. Thank you

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
cbn4main:

Exactly 82 persons for the entire southeast
wow. Just 82 for the entire south east? Or for the interview session u were scheduled for?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Hobowobo(f): 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2017
After the interview what's next?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by AEkong11: 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
Pls anybody from Akwa Ibom?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by alimat216(m): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
congratulations to all those received call for the past interview coz its an automatic offer according to fowler.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Firstinline(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
It seems it is those people that studied numeracy related courses that were called.

Courses such as accounting, economics, mathemtics etc. My thoughts though.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by chaffman: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
Anyone has an idea of wen those that passed the interview will be called?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cbn4main: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
oyeludef:
wow. Just 82 for the entire south east? Or for the interview session u were scheduled for?
There was only one session. Started around 8:30, ended past 4. So it was pretty much only 82 for the entire southeast. But also consider that some southeasterners may have been scheduled to take in other regions.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ghostwritter(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
burantashii:
Kwara State should indicate, pls.
hi...i'm from ilorin
i've nt gotten sms or call
what about u?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by burantashii: 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
Bukola Saraki must aff hijacked Kwara slot, it has been happening long before this present recruitment.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by medulla01(m): 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
burantashii:
Bukola Saraki must aff hijacked Kwara slot, it has been happening long before this present recruitment.
.lol mean d man can do dis
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by medulla01(m): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
Firstinline:
It seems it is those people that studied numeracy related courses that were called.

Courses such as accounting, economics, mathemtics etc. My thoughts though.
.may be
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Kitequincy: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2017
@Alimat216 how geniune is ur infor of automatic offer and, how much do Firs pay as salary ?Thanks
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ghostwritter(m): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2017
burantashii:
by d special grace of God, my name must be included in d appointment list.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by aminumash: 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
ghostwritter:

by d special grace of God, my name must be included in d appointment list.
judging by ur username,even if they no include ur name on the final list,u fit turn ghost mode and engrave it there urself cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Foxie: 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nigeria we hail thee! All the people who were invited for the interview were recommended coz they have 'godfathers'. This isn't hear say, please if you were not contacted don't beat yourself too much, and if God has destined you to get in, you'd mysteriously be employed by FIRS.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dickson2000(m): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
Foxie:
Nigeria we hail thee! All the people who were invited for the interview were recommended coz they have 'godfathers'. This isn't hear say, please if you were not contacted don't beat yourself too much, and if God has destined you to get in, you'd mysteriously be employed by FIRS.
It's well bro. At times one wonder what seem to be the hope and fate of a common Nigerian, but one need not relent or get discouraged by the actions and inactions of our so-called selfish leaders. It shouldn't had taken any as surprise because the system had always been like this, but God is always there to see the commoners through. There is no point hoping for the next batch when everything had already been concluded. It painful to hear though but that's the fact. Corruption and nepotism are cankerworms that takes only God grace to eliminate from this country. I congratulate those that had done their interviews and wish everyone of us the best in all our endeavors. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
Foxie:
merit was also considered.. Those invited were majorly those who studied related courses
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
dickson2000:
It's well bro. At times one wonder what seem to be the hope and fate of a common Nigerian, but one need not relent or get discouraged by the actions and inactions of our so-called selfish leaders. It shouldn't had taken any as surprise because the system had always been like this, but God is always there to see the commoners through. There is no point hoping for the next batch when everything had already been concluded. It painful to hear though but that's the fact. Corruption and nepotism are cankerworms that takes only God grace to eliminate from this country. I congratulate those that had done their interviews and wish everyone of us the best in all our endeavors. Thanks
yeah, its painful sometimes but one just av to keep pushing.. One day God will do it..

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sipisipi: 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
oyeludef:
merit was also considered.. Those invited were majorly those who studied related courses
There were many people with Accounting,statistics, mathematics, Management Accounting, economics and other numerical related degrees with 2:1 that were not called,they can't say that all the people they sent invite to were all first class degree, there would have been mixture in the grades obtained that were called,there was no exam to screen out to choose the best candidates.
Why didn't they shortlist the names of selected invite with degrees for the world to see?
Could they be scared of critics like DSS recruitment if they are Just with the recruitment?

That is why they have to be careful with their recruitment advert anytime they place for one. They made placement for numerical related courses and people that have it applied,why not give them a fair play for the first stage since they are qualified, even if they will be mischievous in their selection in the second stage to reduce candidates.
This is an act of gross irresponsibility magnanimously perpetrated out of partiality.

8 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sipisipi: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
There should be fairness in every stage of the recruitment, and even if they want to choose their own people which I don't subscribe to,At least it should be in the third stage, After all there was provision for funds in their Budget to execute the recruitment
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sipisipi: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
There should be fairness in every stage of the recruitment, and even if they want to choose their own people which I don't subscribe to,At least it should be in the third stage, After all there was provision for funds in their Budget to execute the recruitment
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Foxie: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
oyeludef:
Please I know better, an HR Officer at the FIRS headquarters who was suppose to assist my bro' who read Accountancy and made a 2.1, said names were brought by 'Oga' s at the top' and merit was far from being considered. Except you're trying to say you were the one who was invited based on merit, if it's a friend, forget it. You don't expect them to tell you they have godfathers.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Foxie: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
sipisipi:

There were many people with Accounting,statistics, mathematics, Management Accounting, economics and other numerical related degrees with 2:1 that were not called,they can't say that all the people they sent invite to were all first class degree, there would have been mixture in the grades obtained that were called,there was no exam to screen out to choose the best candidates.
Why didn't they shortlist the names of selected invite with degrees for the world to see?
Could they be scared of critics like DSS recruitment if they are Just with the recruitment?

That is why they have to be careful with their recruitment advert anytime they place for one. They made placement for numerical related courses and people that have it applied,why not give them a fair play for the first stage since they are qualified, even if they will be mischievous in their selection in the second stage to reduce candidates.
This is an act of gross irresponsibility magnanimously perpetrated out of partiality.
His point exactly (My Connect at the FIRS headquarters), if it was based on merit why didn't they do aptitude test instead they went straight to interview... Even the HR'S at FIRS aren't happy with whole corrupt recruitment exercise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.