Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,341 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba (15410 Views)

Soldiers Block Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy In Ebonyi, Kanu Comes Down (Video) / Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo / Youths Stone Nneoma Okorocha's Convoy In Imo Over Power Supply/Amnesty Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by NewsPoacher: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/gunmen-attack-gov-ikpeazus-convoy-aba/

APRIL 15, 2016

By Ugochukwu Alaribe ABA—The increasing state of insecurity in Aba, Abia State, took a new dimension on Wednesday night when Governor Okezie Ikpeazu’s convoy was attacked in an encounter with armed robbers, who were robbing commuters along Aba-Owerri Road. This is even as a yet-to-be identified victim was kidnapped at Immaculate Junction, while another is being feared dead after he was hit by stray bullet.

Vanguard gathered that the incident took place near Immaculate Junction along the ever busy Aba-Owerri Road, while the governor was coming back to Aba from Umuahia at 8p.m. Though no life was lost, sources said that the security details attached to the governor fired sporadic shots, which scared the robbers away.

Sources told Vanguard that the gunmen were robbing a suspected Lagos bound bus, when a pilot security van without siren and amber light approached the area. On sighting the security vehicle, the gunmen were said to have opened fire without knowing that it was the governor’s convoy.

According to a security operative in the city, who pleaded anonymity, “the robbers did not know that it was the governor. They thought that it could be the Army or police, but when they discovered it was the governor’s convoy with its full complement of security details, they took to their heels. “I do not think it was the governor that the hoodlums wanted to attack.

It is just that the governor’s convoy that was returning from work without the usual siren and the revolving amber light, ran into them.” Contacted, spokesman of Abia State Police Command, DSP Ezekiel Onyeke, confirmed the incident, but debunked reports that the gunmen attacked the governor’s convoy. Onyeke added that he was yet to be fully briefed by the Chief Security Officer to the governor over the incident.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by doughziay: 7:48am On Apr 15, 2016
For Real?
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by jmichlins(m): 7:53am On Apr 15, 2016
It is time he improves the security situation of his state cause as it is now, he might not be lucky next time

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Flexherbal(m): 8:01am On Apr 15, 2016
Our leaders don't take the security of lives and properties serious. This is what the people face almost everyday.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Fmartin(m): 8:09am On Apr 15, 2016
Assassins creed brotherhood

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by 48noble(m): 8:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Scarface or Chuck Noris? Actor must go.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by virus04(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2016
Cool
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by DaniDani(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2016
when they are caught, it's either they come from Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi or Ohafia axis and operating in Aba to damage the reputation of Aba people.Early this year, a kidnapping gang was caught, their information indicated that they came from Ebonyi, Imo and Anambra.Last week, the king pin of a kidnapping group was caught in his base in Ohafia but he specializes in kidnapping Aba residents

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 15, 2016
I smell LIES, this may be a plot to tell us how Insecurity is preventing him from working esp. In Aba.
I know these Politoloshians and their tricks.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Africonji: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2016
I am an Ikpeazu supporters but the truth is that the level of insecurity in the state is taking a serious dimension lately. Ikpeazu should sit up and do something fast before the situation erases his modest developmental gains so far. Abia state security is going to the dogs!

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by toluine56(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I smell LIES, this may be a plot to tell us how Insecurity is preventing him from working esp. In Aba.
Hmm..so@ur siggy, hope its you and i?
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by rusher14: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2016
One feared dead but no life was lost.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by candiva2013(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2016
The Governor was not attacked. His convoy met a rubbery operation on the road and his security detail had to engage the rubbers in gun battle and the rubbers fled. Nobody was killed and the attack was not targeted at the Governor.
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2016
when your fishing net decides to catch a shark...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by DONSMITH123(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by ladyF(f): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2016
Honestly, this is delightful news. Let them feel the heat, if they fail to provide security for their state, they are at risk too.

Make dem attack Ambode abeg, make e eye clear small grin no be by fine lastma motor, angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by trailblaiza(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2016
angry
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by mytime24(f): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Aba boyz no get joy angry

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Trailblazer1(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2016
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by VivianUdeogu(f): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2016
I am not suprised though, Abia state is one of the most insecure state in Nigeria. Kidnapping, armed robbery, cultism, money, rituals and all other criminal vices is prevalent in the state. I remember when Osisikankwu, the dreaded kidnapper was still running amok all over the state. Even Nnamdi Kanu is also from Abia.

As an Igbo girl, it is painful to note that Igboland is the most unsafe region Nigeria after the NorthEast. The growing level of insecurity in the SouthEast is worrisome. Our Governors need to do something ASAP.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by jtizie(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2016
Mr. Governor pls take action very quickly may be u might not be that fortunate next time. My advice is to buy more cars and give the armed securities more ammunition to combact crime as quickly as possible. When you were voted in, among the things you said to protect was lives and properties. From the foregoing it seems you cant even guarantee your safety not to talk about the Abians that live in the state. So therefore mr Governor, please call the commissioner of police in your state to order it might be worse next time. Add security of lives to your agenda if you dont have it before.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 15, 2016
Na them them people. Na them themselves they do themselves

Omo yeeebos

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Trailblazer1(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2016
trailblaiza:
angry

is this piracy or cloning of my moniker undecided
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 15, 2016
This is serious. The level of insecurity in the East is on the high side.

Assuming it was a civilian, that person na goner. I just hope he would learn from this and increase the security in his state

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by ozila(m): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:

even gun men won't stop him, just watch and see.
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Trailblazer1(m): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2016
Weselion:
This is serious. The level of insecurity in the East is on the high side.

shut up
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by DAVECENA(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2016
The increasing state of insecurity in the east is baffling.so if the governor wasn't in sight more lives would probably have been lostTRASH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by DAVECENA(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2016
We Nigerians have decided to stand solidly
behind Buhari despite the proposed antics
by wailers.
Paris wasn't built in a day so its out of place
to assume the manifestation of the party's
manifesto in the twinkle of an eye.
Though superfluous stories may be cooked
up by reprobate minds to mystify
unsuspeting citizens,but we have decided
that NEVER AGAIN shall we fall prey to their
Gimmicks.
#Nigeria_Must_Rise_Again.
#Team_Change.
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 15, 2016
Trailblazer1:

shut up

Na you get my mouth ni? Come and shut it up na
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Churchill2002: 10:04am On Apr 15, 2016
Sorry oh
Re: Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2016
Yet his convoy didnt stop..

They just shot inthe air to scare the robbers away rather than go on the offensive and gun down the perps..

Now the robbers live to rob another day.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. / Sheriff To Tackle INEC, Makarfi In Court Over ‘advanced PDP / Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.