Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:28 PM

Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 (52004 Views)

Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region / Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by nightmile: 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
Impressive from Ogun state, taking advantage of its proximity to Lagos, am also impressed with Anambra state.

Just shows if our states govt can push more, there will be more development across the nation

The way industries are growing at every corner in Ogun state is a mystery.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by asorocker: 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
kayfra:

Take Lagos out of SW and it still tops SE despite the marginalization of regions outside Lagos and despite the fact that Oyo State isn't pulling it's weight.

We should continue to lead the country's economy.
if you remove all lagos components , for instance the revenue going to ogun because of its proximity to Lagosor better still compare 4 south west states to 4 south east states and the result will be clearer.

Ogun state is growing as a result of the proximity to lagos and not because of any fantastic governor or entrepreneurial spirit or any natural or people resource
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by tunfeek: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Thank u jagaban for the foresight!

Ogun state should modify Lagos state template on IGR and stop adopting it partially

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by nosiebaba(m): 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Acidosis:

Yes, I'm hustling for my future but I've got no chill for hypocrites.

If it is safe to blame GEJ for Buhari's failures, why can't we blame Fayemi and Tinubu for Fayose's so called failures on IGR?

Ok keep it up. It's a nice area to direct your time and energy. Sorry for disturbing

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by monex(m): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
sonature1:

Are you ok? Everyone is thinking about how to step up the revenue of their state and you are calling out northerners. Are you not worried that S/West IGR is far higher than that of S/East even without oil?

Please don't digress this thread. Think of how to add value to your state or region to increase her IGR

Nice one dealing with the tribalistic bigot but note that Ondo has more oil than all south eastern states put together. both in reserves and in production. only abia and imo have oil in the south-east and it is in trickles

so when you talk about oil, you should be talking about south south and then south west before south east.

kudos to the south east states actually except for Imo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Mekus68: 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sunnynwa:
Chai, Imo state fall my hand. Abagworo, any explanation?
Chai,,,Rochas has killed us.
This is d same man who kept shouting @ d top of his voice dt Imo state is d richest state in Nigeria.
Now c as he's led us into d relegation zone.
APC and dia lies sef
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by PaulJohn1: 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
susuces4all:
Delta top 3 hmmmm okooo if we can beat river by next year

That doesn't look realistic in anyway. Rivers IGR doubled that of Delta. Perhaps if there is an economic breakthrough in Delta, the state could close up her IGR with Rivers after years .
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
skilfulsagei:
Hmmmmm. See Ekiti state

That's the ONLY South West state below 18th position. Even Osun State is above 18th position. Imagine an ant ranting at your door from time to time. That's how Fayose is to Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Shedrack100(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
PaulJohn1:

Very low but not bad based on Nigerian standard.

That figure puts SouthWest on third position for regional ranking

1. Lagos = 268,224,782,435

2. South South = 179,096,237,974

3. South West(excluding Lagos) = 71,728,635,492

4. South East Total = 62,726,688,189

5. North West Total = 48,579,503,540

6. North Central Total = 38,781,494,308

7. North East Total = 26,117,872,322
no be southwest? gerarahere .

where is my benue tho

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by PaulJohn1: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
Shedrack100:
mumu lagos no be southwest? gerarahere .

where is my benue tho

Did you read the post I quoted for the reply I gave before throwing insult?
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by scholes0(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
Acidosis:
Those mentioning Fayose are obviously of the APC. These people refuse to think for a second. Is it not shameful that inspite the large sums from Oyo state, Osun state, we barely hear any positive things from these states?

I'm very sure 90% of posters here do not even know the name of Oyo state Governor. Aside his sexy daughters abroad who gives him fair recognition, many do not know he exists, yet he receives one of the largest IGRs in the South West.

Funny thing is, the same Ajimobi or whatever he calls himself is one of those Governors demanding for Trillions from MTN. What has he, or what is he doing with the monies he gets in form of IGR and allocation?

Aside Ibadan, do we really know any other town in Oyo state? Has Ibadan recorded any transformation since the past 5 years?

Why is it that some South Westerners hate Fayose? Must everyone be on the side of Tinubu, a renowned criminal?

In Oyo state people know Ibadan and Ogbomosho.

Aside Port Harcourt do you really know any other town in Rivers state?
Aside Enugu, do you know any other place in Enugu state?
get real pls.....

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by PaulJohn1: 1:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
asorocker:

if you remove all lagos components , for instance the revenue going to ogun because of its proximity to Lagosor better still compare 4 south west states to 4 south east states and the result will be clearer.

Ogun state is growing as a result of the proximity to lagos and not because of any fantastic governor or entrepreneurial spirit or any natural or people resource

"Remove the component(oil) that made Rivers and Delta generate such revenue and their IGR won't be impressive". Does this statement make any sense to you?

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
PAINGAIN:
Impressed with anambra the most. This obiano is really trying. I have appreciate peter obi for this man and also obiano for what he has done so far. God is really with anambrarians.
shut up upon all the boasting yet enugu is above anambra....we gat onitsha,nnewi awka,ihiala ekwulobia bla bla bla

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Image123(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
Acidosis:

Yes, I'm hustling for my future but I've got no chill for hypocrites.

If it is safe to blame GEJ for Buhari's failures, why can't we blame Fayemi and Tinubu for Fayose's so called failures on IGR?

IGR for 2015? Fayemi was governor for 2015? Fayose claims to be oldest governor, he was governor during the time of Tinubu. If we follow your logic, he still takes the blame. The point been made though is that he should concentrate on bringing development and upliftment to his state, and partner effectively with others instead of making noise like a true empty barrel. He was at the Economic Summit recently but learnt nothing and made no important and strategic partnerships and networking to help his state. He has not paid his state staff since last year by the way. Yethe will keep making noise on internet and taking pictures, and pokenosing into Federal business.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chukazu:
very happy for ogun, a none oil producing state beating the likes of bayalsa with oil.

I think igr can be said to be a funtion of three factors

1) Population,

2) level of economic activities in the state as regards new companies/firms,organisations created both by government and private sector in addition to existing companies and
3) government recognising the need to create more tax avenues, increase taxes if need be and maintaining existing taxes paid to the government which infact is also dependent on the attitude of the citizen as regards their willingness to pay the taxes as at when due....

Using ogun and bayelsa as a case study,

Ogun is more populated, ogun has more economic activities going on within its borders. As for citizens willingness to pay, that I cant tell but I know on an average once a tax has been paid by an individual, it is most likely he will continue to pay his tax...

This is just my opinion as a layman, ain't an expert.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chukazu:

you forgot to mention Enugu doing better than Anambra?
anambra folks wey dey always talk down enugu say we gat only one city....I just dey laugh dem fact is enugu state pass anambra but dey just keep blabbing......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by marv1: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
skilfulsagei:
Hmmmmm. See Ekiti state
Fayose can generate more than this, but he abandoned the log of wood in his eyes and checking the speck in another man's eye. Even the little he generated has no accountability and transparency. What a deception?
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
scholes0:
Aside Port Harcourt do you really know any other town in Rivers state? Aside Enugu, do you know any other place in Enugu state? get real pls.....
enugu gat agbani,nsukka,udi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by kayfra: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
asorocker:

That is a futile exercise. Just to get some quick metrics, we'LL do the simple thing and basically report lagos separately.

The influence of Lagos stretches past SW states, so it's a fruitless exercise to account for it the way you propose.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2016
ify2016:

042 no dey carry last.

I love this State like God
u correct guy! even pass dem almighty anambra....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by scholes0(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
asorocker:

And there is no revenue flow from Oil rich South South States into the SE?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
scholes0:

Aside Port Harcourt do you really know any other town in Rivers state?
Aside Enugu, do you know any other place in Enugu state?
get real pls.....

In rivers, there is bonny, okirika, elele
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by ransomed: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
skilfulsagei:
Hmmmmm. See Ekiti state
::- Instead of Agbero Governor to work more to have more IGR. He is busy attacking and insulting his superior. Once a tout, always a goon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
Interesting...
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
gidgiddy:
So Edo state is generating more revenue than my home state of Anambra? Based on what? Something is definitely wrong somewhere

I know edo has some chinese factories in the state, on the outskirts of benin. They produce ceramics, iron rods etc and are probably being heavily taxed. They have a whole section of land already sold to more chinese companies. I guess theyre trying to jumpstart some kind of building industry cluster since dangote has also moved in now.
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by azeeza(f): 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
Lol! As I check Kogi, I come peep see Ekiti. Wetin Fayose go do for China, Buhari don turn magnet de attract go China?
skilfulsagei:
Hmmmmm. See Ekiti state
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
ariesbull:
Another propaganda

Osun 8 million....I laugh
Well seeing is believing
Not reading is believing

I am not perturbed

Anambra is still so on point
anambra still on point when enugu pass dem? after d blabbing on how onitsha is d biggest commercial town in the world.....hahhahahhahhahahahahh....042 no dey make mouth our achievements speaks for us...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Ghost01(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Fayose. Really try. Imagine a state like Ekiti that was fully ra.ped by Tinubu and his boys for years in ACN........ can still push down Zamfara and Yobe!

It's not easy........
You need to have your head examined. Compared to 2014, Ekiti's IGR actually dropped in 2015 - a year when Fayose was in power from day 1 to day 365.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Mrjo(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
Most esp. Abia only ariar'a intl mkt wil generate that figure. Ezigbo asi ocha my dear.
iykebest1:
Ezigbo asi ocha!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by inaiduna(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Edo state can climb up to 2nd position with Dangote Cement in Okpilla, Azura Power project on its way and others coming there is hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Acidosis(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Image123:

IGR for 2015? Fayemi was governor for 2015? Fayose claims to be oldest governor, he was governor during the time of Tinubu. If we follow your logic, he still takes the blame. The point been made though is that he should concentrate on bringing development and upliftment to his state, and partner effectively with others instead of making noise like a true empty barrel. He was at the Economic Summit recently but learnt nothing and made no important and strategic partnerships and networking to help his state. He has not paid his state staff since last year by the way. Yethe will keep making noise on internet and taking pictures, and pokenosing into Federal business.

So why is Buhari not blaming himself as he was of the government year ago?
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Junior66(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
scholes0:

That is recovery growth you are seeing in Borno.
Since the activities of boko Haram has dropped significantly this year.
Na wa for you o. Did u forget the figures you posted are for year 2015?
How can the figures for Borno be for recovery growth when Boko haram attacks got worse during the same period year 2015?
Attacks were so much during the first quarter of the year dat elections were postponed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma Probes Okorocha, Ohakim And Ihedioha / Donald Trump Appoints Omarosa Manigault As Head Of Trump Campaign / Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.