Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 (52084 Views)

Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region / Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by scully95: 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
It's not by Oil oh.. it's by people..
Other states should learn from Lasgidi.. Oga gboGbo won.

Meanwhile, let Rosatom set up reactors to power the top 5 Economic zones.

But the anglozionist empire won't gree but they can arm useless ship with reactors enough to power Lagos state. Ship that cant near 4000km Russian Club missiles. Except to use it to bully less armed countries into submitting their country so they can flood it with uneding debt. Thereby prolonging the death of the fiat regime, the death of the dollar, the death of the anglozionist empire..

The death is near..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by scholes0(m): 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Junior66:

Na wa for you o. Did u forget the figures you posted are for year 2015?
How can the figures for Borno be for recovery growth when Boko haram attacks got worse during the same period year 2015?
Attacks were so much during the first quarter of the year dat elections were postponed.

Well, you are right.
I no know how borno state take do am sha.
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by bjdon: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
gidgiddy:
So Edo state is generating more revenue than my home state of Anambra? Based on what? Something is definitely wrong somewhere

Don't you know that all the Native Doctors in Edo pay tax? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
asorocker:

if you remove all lagos components , for instance the revenue going to ogun because of its proximity to Lagosor better still compare 4 south west states to 4 south east states and the result will be clearer.

Ogun state is growing as a result of the proximity to lagos and not because of any fantastic governor or entrepreneurial spirit or any natural or people resource

I hope this SW matter wont give u hypertension. I think you should check the IGR of LAGOS STATE before tinubu became governor. Even before tinubus 2nd term. Im sure it was nowhere near rivers state or delta state.

Obasanjos punishment of tinubu and witholding funds to lagos state is what drove him to pursue tax evaders and focus on IGR from businesses, markets, in every corner of lagos. Fashola continued it aggressively. The growth of IGR in lagos was due to their efforts. Lagos did not miraculously grow its IGR overnight or just because its a populated state. Even ben bruce said once that tinubu&fashola should hold a conference with governors and teach them how to improve IGR in their state.

Any governor can decide to be intellectually lazy and remain poor even though hes sitting on a goldmine (literally speaking). Enugu and osun state are examples. I have my reasons for mentioning those 2 states. They should be way ahead of where they are.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by DedeNkem: 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
If you ask the thieving governors how they spend the money, none of them would account for anything!
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Image123(m): 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Acidosis:

So why is Buhari not blaming himself as he was of the government year ago?

Is Buhari on nairaland? Are you not the one blaming people for state IGR? Was Buhari blaming anyone?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Myde4naija(m): 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
asorocker:

if you remove all lagos components , for instance the revenue going to ogun because of its proximity to Lagosor better still compare 4 south west states to 4 south east states and the result will be clearer.

Ogun state is growing as a result of the proximity to lagos and not because of any fantastic governor or entrepreneurial spirit or any natural or people resource
you are very wrong in case of Ogun state proximity and governor performance, if the present Ogun govt is not wise enough to take advantage of the proximity to Lagos do you think Ogun will improve in her revenue generation.

If you think the governor is not fantastic in that direction,
The question you should ask yourself is........

1. what was ogun position before now
2. When did Ogun start improving in her revenue drive
3. Why the state is not taking that advantage when we have PDP governor.
4. Maybe the proximity to Lagos is a new phenomenon.

Please let's give commendation to whom it due, which is the governor and its team for identifying the state potential and he is taking the advantage. As a bonafied Omo Ogun I really appreciate the work of my governor in that direction. And even more ways than one.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
wow wow! Enugu state IGR bigger than that of Anambra,
Enugu people are Silent Achievers.
All the same, South East tried despite lack of Federal Presence in the region, Imo fall hands in these figures, Ebonyi should buckle up.
Abia IGR should be more than that, so Ikpeazu sit up, work and shame T.A Orji.. Onye Ohi Vote.
Ogun state tapping into the aroma of lagos due to its closeness..
Enugu state Bravo, O42 is a way of life!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Odani: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Fayose. Really try. Imagine a state like Ekiti that was fully ra.ped by Tinubu and his boys for years in ACN........ can still push down Zamfara and Yobe!

It's not easy........

HHAAHAHA u r just trying to console yourself, dnt forget Fayose initially pushed d state down bellow before he was impeached and ACN brought it to its present glory. Fayose has done nothing since he came other than fight APC and share rice and garri at market places

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by lastpage: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Amberon11:
what about oil money? I guess its not part of IGR, yh?

meanwhile, if your state is below Borno, just take heart.

SS always representing.

If you go school at all, you will know the meaning of "Internally generated revenue". angry
There are other revenues like export, that are not IGR.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Dindera(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
My Enugu won't disappoint I know that! kiss But the governor really needs to do more work, we have to top states like Edo and Ogun na undecided
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Image123(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:
All the same, South East tried despite lack of Federal Presence in the region, Imo fall hands in these figures, Ebonyi should buckle up.
Abia IGR should be more than that, so Ikpeazu sit up, work and shame T.A Orji.. Onye Ohi Vote.

What is the meaning of Federal Presence? What does it mean to have federal presence?

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by lastpage: 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
janellemonae:

I hope this SW matter wont give u hypertension. I think you should check the IGR of LAGOS STATE before tinubu became governor. Even before tinubus 2nd term. Im sure it was nowhere near rivers state or delta state.

Obasanjos punishment of tinubu and witholding funds to lagos state is what drove him to pursue tax evaders and focus on IGR from businesses, markets, in every corner of lagos. Fashola continued it aggressively. The growth of IGR in lagos was due to their efforts. Lagos did not miraculously grow its IGR overnight or just because its a populated state. Even ben bruce said once that tinubu&fashola should hold a conference with governors and teach them how to improve IGR in their state.

Any governor can decide to be intellectually lazy and remain poor even though hes sitting on a goldmine (literally speaking). Enugu and osun state are examples. I have my reasons for mentioning those 2 states. They should be way ahead of where they are.

Why are you bordering yourself, those that will drown... will drown!

SW is progressing, some are hating!

Let them "kwontinue" ...... (in Buhari's Cow's voice) grin grin

Lastpage!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by sirTesco(m): 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
scholes0:
Regional Analysis breakdown.

Since Ebonyi has no 2015 figures, Her 2014 figures of IGR (11,032,472,512) are used in this calculation..

South West Total = 339,953,417,927
Lagos Alone = 268,224,782,435

South South Total = 179,096,237,974

South East Total = 62,726,688,189

North West Total = 48,579,503,540

North Central Total = 38,781,494,308

North East Total = 26,117,872,322

Ur education wasn't a waste at all.
It shows that northerners are pest and parasite to this country
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Ariani: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
PaulJohn1:

Very low but not bad based on Nigerian standard.

That figure puts SouthWest on third position for regional ranking
@
1. Lagos = 268,224,782,435

2. South South = 179,096,237,974

3. South West(excluding Lagos) = 71,728,635,492

4. South East Total = 62,726,688,189

5. North West Total = 48,579,503,540

6. North Central Total = 38,781,494,308

7. North East Total = 26,117,872,322

No, SW if we subtract Lagos will be below SE
Remember that Ebonyi is yet to present her own figures, and from 2014 report, Ebonyi generated 11.09bn in 2014o going by that, Ebonyi figures when added to the SE current 62billion mark, will exceed the 71billion of SW, and that will be good enough for SE to topple SW sans Lagos.
https://www.nairaland.com/2732630/latest-ranking-states-financial-sustainability#down

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by demslayerrz: 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
[s]
asorocker:

[/s]

Typical Ibo man, Hatred and envy will make you run mad, always shifting the goal post. Go and face your state and leave SW alone.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by asorocker: 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
kayfra:

That is a futile exercise. Just to get some quick metrics, we'LL do the simple thing and basically report lagos separately.

The influence of Lagos stretches pasts SW states, so it's a fruitless exercise to account for it the way you propose.

well i just want you to realize that without the Lagos factor the South western states will not be any better than the North western states

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by demslayerrz: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
[s]
Acidosis:
Those mentioning Fayose are obviously of the APC. These people refuse to think for a second. Is it not shameful that inspite the large sums from Oyo state, Osun state, we barely hear any positive things from these states?

I'm very sure 90% of posters here do not even know the name of Oyo state Governor. Aside his sexy daughters abroad who gives him fair recognition, many do not know he exists, yet he receives one of the largest IGRs in the South West.

Funny thing is, the same Ajimobi or whatever he calls himself is one of those Governors demanding for Trillions from MTN. What has he, or what is he doing with the monies he gets in form of IGR and allocation?

Aside Ibadan, do we really know any other town in Oyo state? Has Ibadan recorded any transformation since the past 5 years?

Why is it that some South Westerners hate Fayose? Must everyone be on the side of Tinubu, a renowned criminal?

[/s]

PDP slaves doing the needful. Gerrahere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by kayfra: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
asorocker:

well i just want you to realize that without the Lagos factor the South western states will not be any better than the North western states

Lol. Dream on dreamer. It's close to 10 billion ahead of the SE without Lagos or the so called federal presence.

Someday Oyo will wake up and you can increase that number by another 15B.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
lastpage:

Why are you bordering yourself, those that will drown... will drown!

SW is progressing, some are hating!

Let them "kwontinue" ...... (in Buhari's Cow's voice) grin grin

Lastpage!

At the end, it is not how much the states in the region have generated or how much they have, it is about how it affects the lives of the ordinary citizens in the region in terms of well being and standard of living..take osun and bayelsa as an example were food aid is now being donated to their people despite all the big igr and bogus federal allocations....you guys need to be grateful to nigeria, if not...let me leave it at that.
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by petrelli07: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
YourNemesis:
OMG!, I am so happy for Ogun....
Can't hold my emotions....

We have come a long way, and I hope to see her in the top3 in coming years ....
they have kemi adeosun to thank for that mostly. She redtructured the state's debt profile and pioneered policies that encouraged investment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Pwayne2016(m): 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:
should we stop patronising Enugu Airport?? .. Why are you guys so happy dat Enugu pass Anambra... Just wait for Our Awka and Nnewi mall to be completed, also Our International Cargo Airport, Oba market, Onitsha hotel,Awka intl Abattoir, Investments in Agriculture in Anambra north, also Industries and Investments in Nnewi..

Den u wil see Anambra march Delta sef

I Never include oil oo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by PaulJohn1: 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ariani:

Remember that Ebonyi is yet to present her own figures, and from 2014 report, Ebonyi tops all SE states, so going by that, Ebonyi figures will be in the top 10 of this year's ranking since the highest ranked SE state as it stands is in top 10, and that will be good enough for SE to topple SW sans Lagos.

Eboyin's 2014 IGR was used for 2015 summation of Southeastern states, which is the 62,726,688,189 the OP posted.

Except you're being delusional that Ebonyi generated x2 of what was generated in 2014 for 2015. Anything short of that, SE ranks below SW(excluding Lagos)

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by RockHard: 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ariani:

Remember that Ebonyi is yet to present her own figures, and from 2014 report, Ebonyi generated 11.09bn in 2014o going by that, Ebonyi figures when added to the SE current 62billion mark, will exceed the 71billion of SW, and that will be good enough for SE to topple SW sans Lagos.
https://www.nairaland.com/2732630/latest-ranking-states-financial-sustainability#down

Yinmu. The OP added the previous year's Ebonyi 11-billion to arrive at that figure for the SE yet the SW still tops your region by almost 10-billion. Even if we're to add an extra 5-billion to the official Ebonyi numbers (which it it is highly unlikely that Ebonyi would attain), SW still tops y'all minus Lagos. wink

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by wayodude(m): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Most people who seem surprised with Edo state havent been there in the last 3-5 yrs. I havent but from what i hear there is more commerce going on there than could be believed without seeing for ones self.
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by PaulJohn1: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2016
RockHard:

Yinmu. The OP added the previous year's Ebonyi 11-billion to arrive at that figure for the SE yet the SW still tops your region by almost 10-billion. Even if we're to add an extra 5-billion to the official Ebonyi numbers (which it it is highly unlikely that Ebonyi would attain), SW still tops y'all minus Lagos. wink

He clearly didn't know or forgot the OP already used Eboyin's 2014 IGR for the 2015 Summation of SE's IGR.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by timunstopable: 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose busy attacking buhari while his state IGR isnt better than Borno that has been battling Insurgency

what a shame

omo ale

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by scholes0(m): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ariani:

What you are adding (figures for Ebonyi), is already inside that 62 Billion figure.
Even though I am sure what Ebonyi generated this year will be much less less than last year.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by YonkijiSappo: 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
The Federal government discovered that Ebonyi has been lying about its iGR figures.
That is why it isn't in the figures for this year, until they sort out their mess.

Ask yourself why out of 36 states only the one with the fishy/croony figures is missing, small Ebonyi generated more than well known bigwig states last year....All lies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Ariani: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
RockHard:

Oh just saw that now. I expect Ebonyi IGR to be more than 2014 figure of 11billion, they have been on steady clime, a 13billion figure will do for Ebonyi.

I think SE figures was marred by Imo, being the effect of allowing a Northerner like Okorocha with his Northern party to lead an Igbo state.

Imagine Imo now looking like a Northern state, with meagre 5billion IGR, on the chart, she is in an area dominated by Northern states. It was 8billion in 2014, and we all thought it couldn't get worst. now it's 5 billion, by the time Okorocha and his APC party is through with Imo, imo IGR will be 5000 naira , Even Abia despite having suffered under kleptomaniac in T.A Orji is posting fair IGR figures.

Imo people should be ashamed of themselves for bringing this shame to Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Ariani: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
The Federal government discovered that Ebonyi has been lying about it's iGR figures.
That is why it isn't in the figures for this year, until they sort out their mess.

Ask yourself why out of 36 states only the one with the fishy/croony figures is missing, small Ebonyi generated more than well known bigwig states last year....All lies.

Trash. Ebonyi has a very lucrative quarry industries that yield huge IGR, added to her agricultural industries.

You need your head examined.
Re: Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 by Hardexx(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ekiti under fayose disgracing Southwest since 20th century good for nothing governor

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Wins Polling Unit In Osun Governorship Election 2018 / Lagos-Based Artistes Step Out For Buhari (Pics) / 15 Presidential Candidates Meet With Atiku, Saraki In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.