Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? (19293 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Beesluv: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by sammieguze(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2016
No
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by GodsOwnFav(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:
Bible does not condemn taking of alcohol, but condemns and forbids drunkenness.
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.
You have said it all my brother and just hope the OP gets to digest what is here...the devil will always try to deceive God's children BUT for those that know their God, they shall be exempted. Thanks for sharing this insightful message.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by shamecurls(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2016
You can drink beer but dont drink Ogogoro

And make sure you take pepper-soup with it-Catfish or Bush-meat preferably

Then its not a sin if you go by these rules
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by shaddoww: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2016
First of all,there is no law against it in d bible n it wasnt stated in d ten commandment as a sin, wat was said abt it in d bible is dat we should avoid being drunk cos it can lead u to committing dat which as been stated to b a sin.
Read 1timothy 5vs23 although it didnt really state if it should b alcoholic .
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Taiwo20(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Drinking alcohol ain't bad...It's only a crime when you can't stay a day without getting drunk

Its not a crime but addiction
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by bigdot1759(m): 10:10am On Apr 17, 2016
Anything Jesus didn't do during his lifetime is a GREAT SIN
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Taiwo20(m): 10:10am On Apr 17, 2016
Deut 14v 26
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by 4nobody4every1: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2016
cool
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by doskie(m): 10:12am On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
1 corinthians 6:10. ...drunkards shall not inherit God's kingdom. You can read both verses 9 and 10
drunkard you say. not drinkers
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2016
angelusbrut:
People that drink are called fools, the question is, can a fool make heaven?

so is jesus a fool for drinking the water he turned to wine...

The bible never said dose who drink are fools, the bible said drunkards....

Read the word
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by otokx(m): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2016
Not in excess.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by doskie(m): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2016
parisbookaddict:

No it is not a sin. I challenge anyone who says other wise to Cite a bible verse saying its a sin. Don't forget that the first miracle of Christ was turning water to wine. There are also health benefits to drinking wine in moderation. Getting drunk tho is shameful and condemned in the bible.

No. But it condemns drunkenness as it condemns gluttony, sloth, greed etc

If it did Christ would have mentioned it.

Hope this helps. Dude if u can't drink without getting drunk then for sanity sake don't drink.
how do you guys do this thing? quoting different people on the same comment for example.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by winj: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2016
LIBERTY1980:
Alot and much have been said about alcohol, my question is, do you guyz think that, drinking alcohol is a sin?
Does bible forbid a christian from drinking beer,strong drink, alcohol,
Can drinking alcohol stop a believer from making it to heaven at last?
Your contribution can be of help to someone.

Born again, alcohol, bible, heaven, paradise, hell, satan, holy spirit, lucifer - Only a monkey brain, illiterate, no-research mug believes this nonsense in year 2016!

olodo church going, private jet buying African monkeys!!! Mental and spiritual SLAVES!

fools fools fools...bible written for them, god and religion created for them without any questions asked or research done
fools fools fools...take every single word they are told literarily and run with it, teach their children the same and force them into the same quagmire of dated religious practices that enslaved their minds.

4 Likes

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2016
shamecurls:
You can drink beer but dont drink Ogogoro

And make sure you take pepper-soup with it-Catfish or Bush-meat preferably

Then its not a sin if you go by these rules

lol,,,bobo yi
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2016
LIBERTY1980:
Alot and much have been said about alcohol, my question is, do you guyz think that, drinking alcohol is a sin?
Does bible forbid a christian from drinking beer,strong drink, alcohol,
Can drinking alcohol stop a believer from making it to heaven at last?
Your contribution can be of help to someone.
I don't think so.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by urbobo20(m): 10:16am On Apr 17, 2016
i have come across a place in the bible whice say's , woe to a man that give's himself to alcohol
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by chigoizie7(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2016
Since when did drinking alcohol a sin?

Haba, it said, drink, but don't drink to stupor.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by LastSurvivor: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2016
Life is but a misery without the taste of alcohol..
I don't mean drunkenness..
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....

sorry about your loss...
but if you're really grieving you shouldn't be online this soon....

show some respect to the poor kid.....

God rest her soul in perfect peace

2 Likes

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by shadrach77: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:
Bible does not condemn taking of alcohol, but condemns and forbids drunkenness.
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.

You are contradicting yourself sir. If the bible does not condemn drinking and Jesus went as far as turning water to wine, there is nothing wrong in consuming alcohol. At the end of the day, God created all things, including alcohol. Drunkennes is what is wrong. If your spirit agrees with it, it should be fine

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 17, 2016
It can't stop u from going to heaven bro. Alchohol sweet me embarassed
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by joey150(m): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
1 corinthians 6:10. ...drunkards shall not inherit God's kingdom. You can read both verses 9 and 10
if i call you mumu they would say you are insulting people. Drinking and getting drunk is it the same thing??

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALL OF YOU.. JESUS HAD ALCOHOL WHILE ON EARTH..
If i wasnt a catholic i would have been an atheist. cause other churches dont make one atom of sense to me.

Nairaland won't let me write JESUS in caps??
I hail thee...na una no wetin Jesus do una.
I can write DEVIL in caps..But not JESUS.. Illuminati things oh.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Motherfucker2: 10:24am On Apr 17, 2016
Religion is a scam.
Who is God ?? Give me proof there's God.
Who wrote the bible ?? Paul and David ?? After killing thousands of people and fuccking people's wife .

So, the guy you show me as Jesus on pictures is the real Jesus ??

Do you eat cake ?? Cake contains alcohol.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by joey150(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2016
Motherfucker2:
Religion is a scam.
Who is God ?? Give me proof there's God.
Who wrote the bible ?? Paul and David ?? After killing thousands of people and fuccking people's wife .

So, the guy you show me as Jesus on pictures is the real Jesus ??

Do you eat cake ?? Cake contains alcohol.
talk to christians with high intellect.. All these hungry Nigerian pastors have turned the whole thing to a joke.. I cant even blame your perception about it.. Me myself dey shame for some of em.. But dude.. God is not dead!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Motherfucker2: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2016
joey150:
talk to christians with high intellect.. All these hungry Nigerian pastors have turned the whole thing to a joke.. I cant even blame your perception about it.. Me myself dey shame for some of em.. But dude.. God is not dead!

Who is God ??
I guess this is the guy you call God.
He was born 5 billion years ago when there was no camera, who took his pictures ??

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
drunkards u said buh that bible also said drink a little is good for ur stomach,
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by winner01(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2016
one pictures, many answers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2016
urbobo20:
i have come across a place in the bible whice say's , woe to a man that give's himself to alcohol
drinking and getting drunk are two different things, buh bible said drink a little alcohol is good for ur stomach, u can also google the advantages of alcohol
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Peritus(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2016
shadrach77:

You are contradicting yourself sir. If the bible does not condemn drinking and Jesus went as far as turning water to wine, there is nothing wrong in consuming alcohol. At the end of the day, God created all things, including alcohol. Drunkennes is what is wrong. If your spirit agrees with it, it should be fine
Read what I wrote again. There is no contradiction in it. How do you measure drunkenness? You know that some drink to celebrate, some for health reasons, some to get high. What makes a man to take one glass of wine and request for another is not the Spirit of God, but the opposite. I may wish to take a glass of wine now if I have a good reason and that doesn't make me a sinner. Yet, alcoholism is generally discouraged because it makes our spirit feeble and impairs our mind. Look more on the effect than the act. The same Paul that discouraged alcoholism encouraged Timothy to take a little wine for his health. The message is: little quantity and good cause.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by ifenes(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2016
Another irrelevant topic to discuss. Can't Christians for once grow up and contribute to having a better world,rather than heaven.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Trackango: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2016
1 Timothy 5:23 ►

New International Version
Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? / Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero! / RCCG, Anglican Church Plan Global Partnership – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.