Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Life Of A Blogger (how I Spend My Time) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life Of A Blogger (how I Spend My Time) (401 Views)

“how I Intend To Spend My N5m Grand Prize” – MTN Project Fame Winner, Okiemute / My Time Spent Online Went From 1 Month To 5 Hours... / 7 Things That Can Destroy The Life Of Any Young Man- By Danceville (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Blogger (how I Spend My Time) by mezynaija(m): 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
I made a certain number of post earlier today then I decided to take a break before I resume back (used my free time to write this). The opinions are completely mine based on my own experience. Those of you who follow our blog updates regularly know that we are focused on News and entertainment happenings (Reporting Trends Within Jos And Africa). So far so good, our media has been massively growing and reaching more audience.

We are in a computer age already and everything is being done technically. Guess what it's very fun especially when you are good at it.

Many individuals want to make name, fame, gain and more wealth. We want to keep a legacy no one longer really care to work for someone else and answering Sir/Ma, but that’s not really news. As a result of that mindset, we are seeing more and more young people pursuing their dreams of being entrepreneurs. Lots of people engaging themselves into one profession or the other (Even though we still have some lazy youths).

Today we talking about the life of a Jos based blogger how started from updating a mere Facebook status to publishing of readable articles for the world at large to read and God being so kind, the result is becoming massive.

For every individual out there to gain that freedom of self-employment, there’s a lot of work involved, and often, a lot of money (many don't know this).

I learn't blogging around 2013 after attending the Naijaloaded 2013 seminar in Lagos. Even the fact they never fulfilled most of their promises, but the little I learnt adding with my research's placed me where I'm today.

I often tell people that I”m a blogger, and I get responses like, “Lol, you want to become Linda Ikeji. Some call me copy and paste magician, broke blogger, when are you buying your own house and car? I just smile and joke along with them because they are all my friends, also knowing full well that every work we do is all about passion because when we focus on the gain we are to make, we would go no far at all.

What a lot of people fail to understand is just how much effort is involved in maintaining a blog. I mean, sure, it’s easy to start one. But to keep it up NO!!!? Ask any blogger you know it sure ain't easy. Only after 3 years, I started to see income and much improvements, my fan base began to increase, and now, more than ever, I’m motivated to keep taking my blog to the next level.

Some of my challenges:
Maintenance, this include data, hosting, buying ebooks and lots of other stuffs

Always spend time to create, write or rewrite a post because that makes you a unique blogger.

I wake up around 6am, grabbed some free continental breakfast, and headed out with my laptop and modem (go work in my mini office).

Even when I’m not on vacation, my life is one giant crazy mess.

I blog from 7pm till 12am so sometimes I hardly welcome visitors or chill out with friends.

Some fun moments
Glancing through my blog dashboard seeing the engagement on posts I made
The comment section is the most annoying and fun part though. This fuels me to keep going.
The payment email I get from Google every month end

Conclusion
Whether you’re an artist or a writer or have a business that you want to get started, you know what it’s like to have a million ideas in your brain every second of your life.

Yes, it’s hard work, but I hope you all have the strength and the courage to go after what you want.

Technology’s made it so much easier for us to go after our dreams.

You can Google just about anything, learn something new via YouTube, and you’re able to connect to millions of people instantly via social media.

You can chat with professionals in your industry via Twitter.

And now, you can even see what people across the world are doing this very minute via Periscope.

You can have an idea and put it out there for the world to see…

And I don’t know about you, but I think that’s really really awesome.

Written by:
Chimezie Peters Ozofor
Blogger at: www.jtownconnect.com

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/04/life-of-blogger-how-i-spend-my-time.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economic Crisis Surmountable- Adeosun / Come In And Share Your Church Experience Today / Bush Meat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.