Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? (57099 Views)

10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / How Good Is Flushing The Engine Of Your Car? / 1.5L, 1.8L, 3.0L Engine? What Do They Mean In Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by patani(m): 7:05am On Apr 17, 2016
Great write up...but the bigger engine doesn't mean higher cost of insurance in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by budusky05(m): 7:05am On Apr 17, 2016
So my 5.8L tundra is a monster [size=8pt][/size] make I rush go book parking space for Church before people com park every where

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by victorazy(m): 7:06am On Apr 17, 2016
bigass:
So what does 2.4L means because I didn't see it in the explanation

This is where op copied from

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100706073133AArXK3F

Horse Power (strength of the engine)
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by tuoyoojo(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2016
ok

a couple of weeks ago oga siena cleared the air about a bigger engine (V 6) having better Fuel economy than i4 engine

so the last paragraph may sometimes be true, but not always true
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by oseiwe(m): 7:08am On Apr 17, 2016
SpaceBar:
Nice one, good work, always had thought that the v6 stands for:version 6, and the 2.4L, the volume of petrol the engine can readily hold.
Guy, your case sha cheesy
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by seyema(m): 7:10am On Apr 17, 2016
Informative
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 17, 2016
segzicres:
Nice 1. I use a v4 engine; 2.4l when I checked the specs online. Im still shocked cause it's a 2001 nissan altima, looks small but really it moves and it's pushy.
sometimes I consciously have to use my toe to push the accelerator to reduce speed
Nothiing like V4. Might just be a 4-cylinder engine lined up together. We may have l4, V6, l6, V8, V12, or W16.

2 Likes

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by cr7lomo: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2016
The countries that produces conspicuous and distinct piece of engineering are
Germany: Mercedes
. BMW
. maybach
. Volkswagen that manufactures' Porsche, Audi, scoda,

Italy : Ferrari
. Maserati
. Lamborghini
. Bugatti

USA: ford
. Cadillac
. Chevrolet
. Lincoln
. dodge

England: range rover
. rolls Royce
. jaguar
. Aston martin

Others are for the masses but those mentioned above are the pinnacle of engineering

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by davodyguy: 7:19am On Apr 17, 2016
The op would have referenced the source of his copied post.

The post was copied from yahoo.

That's plagiarism

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by cr7lomo: 7:23am On Apr 17, 2016
davodyguy:
The op would have referenced the source of his copied post.

The post was copied from yahoo.

That's plagiarism

How is it plagiarism...is he making money of it or taking credit?? His not a blogger or neither does he operate a website on this, his just educating the ignorant

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by eightsin(m): 7:24am On Apr 17, 2016
So wat will u advice someone about buying his first ride?
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 17, 2016
2.5litre V5 nko
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Mayflowa(m): 7:41am On Apr 17, 2016
[quote author=driand post=44772941]Not a bad writeup but from your last line I smell copy and paste, the very three words doesn't apply in our society so how did you come up with that? Still not a bad enlightenment for those who never knew. [/Quote]

Does it not seem he is writing from oversea. Do u use Subaru in Nigeria as such
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by docjuli(m): 7:47am On Apr 17, 2016
Coldfaya:

ya there. but hey, we all copy and paste one way or the other
Always quote the source

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 17, 2016
moscobabs:

Op my Quest 2000 model (v6) is 4.0 pls what do I need to know about it
It consumes more fuel
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by moscobabs(m): 7:54am On Apr 17, 2016
kevinscore:
It consumes more fuel
every v6 consume fuel na
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by MartialArt2(m): 7:59am On Apr 17, 2016
That's the car engine capacity. The higher the capacity, the more powerful it becomes and more fuel consumption, the car can travel longer distance. But the lower the capacity, the less powerful it becomes and fuel efficient, this can't travel longer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by autofreak1(m): 8:02am On Apr 17, 2016
keyzid:

Nothiing like V4. Might just be a 4-cylinder engine lined up together. We may have l4, V6, l6, V8, V12, or W16.

Bless you bro. People need to stop using the term v4. The V is just how the cylinders are arranged. If arranged on a straight line (in line) like all 4 cylinders engine, why then do we refer to it as V4?

Pictures below shows an i4/inline 4 (not v4) and v6 (two inline 3 at an angle to form a V shape). Then the big V12 kiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by OKorowanta: 8:21am On Apr 17, 2016
Niceness
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Igwekalor(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2016
Lovely write up. Well done
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Chuksyno(m): 8:37am On Apr 17, 2016
bigass:

Op did a good job by enlightening those who are ignorant of this info and who doesn't know where and how to get the source. Lecturers in higher institutions also teaches from sources.

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by princemillla(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2016
moscobabs:

You mean your 2000 model of quest is 4.0 while 2015 model is only just 3.5? shocked shocked
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by sameniceguy(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2016
You just finished work. I love pictorial descriptions. Thanks
autofreak1:

Bless you bro. People need to stop using the term v4. The V is just how the cylinders are arranged. If arranged on a straight line (in line) like all 4 cylinders engine, why then do we refer to it as V4?

Pictures below shows an i4/inline 4 (not v4) and v6 (two inline 3 at an angle to form a V shape). Then the big V12 kiss

2 Likes

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by dragnet: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2016
autofreak1:

how about Volkswagen's beetle and vanagon bus? with 2 cylinders on each side of the engine block.
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by autofreak1(m): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2016
dragnet:

how about Volkswagen's beetle and vanagon bus? with 2 cylinders on each side of the engine block.

These VW engines are referred to as H4 or flat 4. The pistons and cylinders are arranged horizontally hence the "H" or "Flat" term.

Picture shows an example of a Flat 4 or H4. You can see it actually has the "H" shape.

3 Likes

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by jeroton: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2016
bigass:

Hmmmmm Badass,
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by moscobabs(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2016
princemillla:

You mean your 2000 model of quest is 4.0 while 2015 model is only just 3.5? shocked shocked
yes
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by emi14: 9:21am On Apr 17, 2016
victorazy:
I BET YOU, ANYBODY THAT DOESN'T KNOW THIS SIMPLE TALES ABOUT CAR NEVER BUY CAR BEFORE AND IF YOU HAVE, THEN YOUR NOT DIFF FROM UR CAR SIT "siddon and look"

Forget. Guy you don't know like me.

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by autofreak1(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2016
moscobabs:

yes

Not correct bro. Your 2000 Model Nissan Quest has a 3.3L engine. Please take out time to read the info in the link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Quest
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by moscobabs(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2016
autofreak1:

Not correct bro. Your 2000 Model Nissan Quest has a 3.3L engine. Please take out time to read the info in the link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Quest
thanks bro I will send the pix of the document to u when I get back to lag. but what's do I need to know about the engine size?
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by davodyguy: 9:40am On Apr 17, 2016
cr7lomo:

How is it plagiarism...is he making money of it or taking credit?? His not a blogger or neither does he operate a website on this, his just educating the ignorant

Its plagiarism.

I'm sure you too probably don't really understand the meaning of plagiarism. He published a post on Nairaland that belongs to another person, without him putting the source at the bottom of the post.

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by chccho(m): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2016
moscobabs:

I dont think thats correct, quest is mostly 3.0 v6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / List Of Cars You Should Buy And Enjoy In Nigeria By Twitter User / The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.