Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,441 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Abakaliki In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abakaliki In Pictures (43602 Views)

Inside Abakaliki Street Awka, Renamed Club Zone, That's Causing Uproar / Some Pictures Of Abakaliki At Night / Peace Mass In Accident Along Enugu-Abakaliki Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 16, 2016
Abakaliki is a total village...it looks good in pictures but I wish it looked that good in reality

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by costandi(m): 12:52am On Apr 16, 2016
masterblogger:

Kindly respect yourself. Go and learn how to talk to a lady or more importantly click this link it will help your life.

https://www.nairaland.com/3039991/couples-those-get-married#44569048
lol. Run along madam.

2 Likes

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by juniorportland(m): 1:20am On Apr 16, 2016
Omeny:

Keep quiet there jhoor!

Is ur state as fine as this?

All of una they claim lagos!
Do u know how come about lag?
am an ondo man an d yes.... my state is better
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Kyllahmc(m): 2:12am On Apr 16, 2016
Nice one, but an abakaliki man is an ababakaliki man..
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by reflx(m): 2:31am On Apr 16, 2016
uduak2016:
I like Abakaliki but I must say this...it's one state you will go to and wonder if this is actually SE...large population of Muslims for a SE state including Igbo converts. I have nothing against muslims however the pattern seen in Abakaliki is very eerie for a SE state...something is going on there I tell you Igbos!

people are here ranting on in personal battles and here's what we should watch out for....something happening under our noses!
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Certifiedboss: 2:43am On Apr 16, 2016
NoApology:

Zenith at water works , Ezza Rd , . I didn't see Presco junction . Finally the only place you can take a picture of is just few places in Abakaliki . I served at Afikpo North , nothing to a take a pic of there and it's the second most developed town in the State .
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Certifiedboss: 2:45am On Apr 16, 2016
leelong:
U see ur life, u guys should stop depending on hearsay n pictures alike, you've never been to Ebonyi, so i'd urge u to hush for now till u come see for urslef.. Ebonyi isn't as bad as people portray it..

But its the truth . Aparts from Abakaliki and Afikpo where else is in Ebonyi to take a pic of. I lived there for a whole year and went round
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Certifiedboss: 2:51am On Apr 16, 2016
eagleonearth:
Op, u try but more work remain. U no enta CAS area?, Ebonyi voice area, town proper, stadium, kpirikpiri area, prison area?? Like say u do, pesin no fit come hia dey talk say Ai be lyk her village.

Abeg watin De for CAS and kpirikpiri when them wan go snap bros . Na the best places he snap . I Don stay for Ebonyi for a year and I Don visit twice this year and stay 2weeks om each visit . The only thing you can tell me about Abakaliki is their electricity condition . It's cool, but mind you its one Abakaliki that enjoy that in the whole state . I served at Afikpo which is the second most exposed town in the State and electricity there was pathetic. We went months without seeing it sometimes and when it comes it don't stay for more than 2days
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Certifiedboss: 2:54am On Apr 16, 2016
comrChris:
pls noApology l will urge you to ignore those frustrated beings trying to infuriate you,
just continue with the pictures there are still a lot of place to visit like international market, uchoudo Secretariat, the road that leads to CBN,pastoral center,peace park road,the ongoing flyovers,govt house roundabout,ezza road,forkroad,stadium, amusement park,etc.
you can enter inside streets and take residential buildings to prove all these haters who claim abakaliki has substandard buildings wrong..

more grease to your elbow!! pls all the abakaliki residents should pls assist him in doing this justice to our dear state

Bros , but do you know that in the whole state it's only in Abakaliki you can be boastful of taking pictures of a standard modern building ? I've lived there . Much respect to the vegetable soup they sell at the Stadium tho
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Certifiedboss: 2:56am On Apr 16, 2016
Belvinho:

It's quite pathetic that someone will look at pictures and draw conclusion from them without knowing the bus route to this place. I spent my service year in thus town and I'd tell you categorically that you can take one ride in a tricycle from one end of the town to the other (CASS - Presco) and (Rice mill - Kpirikpiri).

Those roads that OP showed though we're very good during the tenure of Martin Elechi (Ochi-Udo). Terrible roads that existed during my stay were;
1. Rice mill road
2. Afikpo road from sperando
3. Enugu road.

NB: I served in 2012

Enugu road is okay now but Afikpo road is still bad but works are going on gradually . Served there last year but visited this year
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by victorbrock(m): 3:07am On Apr 16, 2016
The photographer though......
I went for a visit in Abakaliki last week, believe me it's worth more than those pictures.
People only talk and exaggerate on what and where they've never been.
If you've not been to Ebonyi state, maybe of recent.... Save your village the embarrassment by applying close up via your vocal cavity.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by lawflec(m): 3:33am On Apr 16, 2016
Keneking:
I hear there are only two streets in Ebonyi.

1. Abakaliki
2. Afikpo

The rest are local government areas undecided

The state had no data on the information released today on NL. I think this state should be turned to grazing site for cattle rearers.
I resist the urge to call you a foool. But most times, people who have insatiable desire to see colossal development are always from a poor background and state. Ebonyi is one of the six states created in 1996 and she can be compared with states that were created even before 1996. The internally generated revenue is higher than several states,If The pictures above couldn't remove your stereotypes about a section of a country then u must indeed be a daftt. As old as you are, you stil depend on hearsay information about a state. I would rather take a journey to see for myself than rely on some foools to feed me lies... Finally, bigoot, I recited the 774 local governments even as a child, and I expected you to do better. U can check up Afikpo again, it is bigger and better developed than whichever local government you came from.

2 Likes

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by lawflec(m): 3:43am On Apr 16, 2016
Certifiedboss:

Bros , but do you know that in the whole state it's only in Abakaliki you can be boastful of taking pictures of a standard modern building ? I've lived there . Much respect to the vegetable soup they sell at the Stadium tho
I think you probably have not being to Afikpo, it is a mega city and comparably, better developed than some capital cities eg Lokoja.. ONUEKE is a zone to be proud of. The city of ONUEKE boasts of massive infrastructures and quiet developed. I guess you visit there soonest. IKWO, is one of the most developed cities in the whole South East. The ex governor hails from there. The city boasts of a polytechnic, a federal university and equally a state college of education.. Ohaozara houses the creme de la creme of Ebonyi state, and guess what, there is a competition amongst them of who shall develop the areas faster. The present governor, who was also a former DG, Present minister of science and technology, ex minister of health, former secretary to government of the fedration etc. The city, is far developed that the neighbouring community of IKE EKWEREMMADU.

2 Likes

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by TruthTella(m): 5:00am On Apr 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Dave & ObianĂ² seem to be the only SE governors that can boast of their works! Hope say others de watch!

But, those damsels in skirts...r dey married wink wink
Dave isn't doing anything, stop saying what you don't know.
I live in Afipko south in Ebonyi and that place is basically the most underdeveloped state in Nigeria.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by TruthTella(m): 5:15am On Apr 16, 2016
Why are so many parts of Ebonyi without clean pipe borne water and without electricity?
why are many of the interior villages devoid of good road networks?
why are almost all the hospitals in rural areas devoid of health care facilities that leads to constant unnecessary death of sick people in rural areas?
Why are there so many uneducated people in virtually all Ebonyi interior villages?

Make una go rest jor.
Boasting with ordinary pictures of roads as if that's what development is all about.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Ibyno(m): 5:47am On Apr 16, 2016
THIS ABAKALIKI ABI NA WAH WAH PEOPLE, THEM FOR JUST JOIN THE NORTH, AND EXCHANGE THEM TO US WITH THE FEARFULL STATE, WE CAN MANAGE THE FEARFUL PEOPLE,

ABAKILAKI LACK DEVELOPMENT TO THE LAST, SOME TIMES I WONDER, HOW THEY MANAGE TO JOIN TO IBO LAND, LOOK ALL OVER THE ROAD OF LAGOS, THEY ARE THE ONE SELLING ON THE STREET , SO BACK WORD LIKE THE OGOJA PEOPLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by leelong(m): 6:31am On Apr 16, 2016
Certifiedboss:

But its the truth . Aparts from Abakaliki and Afikpo where else is in Ebonyi to take a pic of. I lived there for a whole year and went round
Rome was not built in a day. 20 yrs isn't time enough to develop d whole of Ebonyi state with d meagre allocation it gets, if i'm to say, u guys ought to be praising Ebonyi for what it is today considering what it was , some years back..
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by gentlecent: 6:33am On Apr 16, 2016
masterblogger:
Very pathetic that ebonyi only has a double Lane (sub standard) " To be honest ebonyi is suppose to be a LGA. Most of the cute structures are banks. The others are government buildings. That's bungalow u see in d the 3rd pics is the government house, it's so local, poor finishing but we'll painted

Am not boasting here but my village is far better of, at least we have 4 lanes in my village. Solar Street lights everywhere and portable drinking water 247.

Please Am not trying to critize just making a point so the government and work harder

Thunder wey go fire you still dey do press-up. Abakaliki is perfectly in good hands. Governor Dave Umahi's development strides is second to none..... if other state Governors can emulate him. Nigeria go better.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by masterblogger(m): 7:09am On Apr 16, 2016
comrChris:
see the way u are embarrassing urself smh,,,keep beating around the bush instead of telling us that ur village

Why the soo much interest in my village.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Certifiedboss: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2016
leelong:
Rome was not built in a day. 20 yrs isn't time enough to develop d whole of Ebonyi state with d meagre allocation it gets, if i'm to say, u guys ought to be praising Ebonyi for what it is today considering what it was , some years back..

The only thing I'm saying is that the focus is just on Abakaliki
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by otiigba1(m): 7:50am On Apr 16, 2016
masterblogger:

I won't take insult from anyone, I have a boyfriend FYI and my bf cant talk to me like this. I only made point.

Myndd please ban this person for life dear

what? You have a boyfriend? Chinekee! So you you are still doing boyfriends things? (A born again christian like you) grin is he going to marry you in the end? Are you sure? *jokes*
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Certifiedboss: 7:58am On Apr 16, 2016
lawflec:
I think you probably have not being to Afikpo, it is a mega city and comparably, better developed than some capital cities eg Lokoja.. ONUEKE is a zone to be proud of. The city of ONUEKE boasts of massive infrastructures and quiet developed. I guess you visit there soonest. IKWO, is one of the most developed cities in the whole South East. The ex governor hails from there. The city boasts of a polytechnic, a federal university and equally a state college of education.. Ohaozara houses the creme de la creme of Ebonyi state, and guess what, there is a competition amongst them of who shall develop the areas faster. The present governor, who was also a former DG, Present minister of science and technology, ex minister of health, former secretary to government of the fedration etc. The city, is far developed that the neighbouring community of IKE EKWEREMMADU.

Brother . I served in Ebonyi and lived there for a whole year and I still visit . I served in Afikpo to be precise . Is it the Afikpo that the only place you can chill is LAMAR restaurant . Is it the Afikpo that I didn't get light for up to a total of 30days all through my service ? Is it the Afikpo that only the nysc orientation camp is the major thing there . The only recent structure in Afikpo is this hotel that's close to Ndibe area, every other thing is old . I lived in Amasiri ,where the only thing there is D BASE hotel which is just facing the corpers lodge ? My school was IBII COMMUNITY SECONDARY SCHOOL that has a total of 67 students . My class ss1 has just 11 student. A place where the student prefer to farm than to be in class . You should know the strength of a place rest on the educational sector . A community that has just 2 taps , one at the school and the other close to the market . A community where the corper go to ease themselves on top of rocks or use the public toilet that's used by the whole community ? My brother I visited IKWO and Ohaozara cos my guys where posted there . Forget those names you mentioNed bro. No town in that state is half as developed as Abakaliki itself . I served last year and have visited twice this year . I was there February and March so yoh see I'm still conversant with the state.

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by otiigba1(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2016
uduak2016:
I like Abakaliki but I must say this...it's one state you will go to and wonder if this is actually SE...large population of Muslims for a SE state including Igbo converts. I have nothing against muslims however the pattern seen in Abakaliki is very eerie for a SE state...something is going on there I tell you Igbos!
Absolutely! I thought Abakaliki is supposedly an Igbo christian town or village so why see so many muslims about in this photos? One would mistake this place as Gongola state grin i hope there are no muslims modus operandi.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Omeny: 8:09am On Apr 16, 2016
juniorportland:
am an ondo man an d yes.... my state is better

Eehn? If u are from Ondo, So?
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 16, 2016
otiigba1:
Absolutely! I thought Abakaliki is supposedly an Igbo christian town or village so why see so many muslims about in this photos? One would mistake this place as Gongola state grin i hope there are no muslims modus operandi.

What I saw in Abakaliki I no fit talk...they have been brainwashed. I see Kwara loading in Ebonyi...a willing tool by Hausa-Fulani to keep core Igbo states under watch.When Nnamdi Kanu said this months ago, I thought he was just talking for talking sake until I went there for a friend's wedding!
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by otiigba1(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2016
I hear in nigeria Nsukka and Abakaliki people are the dumbest and most irresponsible. Is this true?
Does any one know?

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by otiigba1(m): 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
uduak2016:

What I saw in Abakaliki I no fit talk...they have been brainwashed. I see Kwara loading in Ebonyi...a willing tool by Hausa-Fulani to keep core Igbo states under watch.When Nnamdi Kanu said this months ago, I thought he was just talking for talking sake until I went there for a friend's wedding!
i believe there is some thing going on we are not aware of or in denial of, but i am sure the population of Igbo christians living in the muslim state must be the same, or even more. No?
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by 123gist(m): 8:23am On Apr 16, 2016
magicfingers009:

Just a look at your profile and I already feel sorry for you. PM me if you need financial aid

Awchhhhh...... That's so thoughtful of you. But my Mama told me not to collect stuffz from strangers!
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Zeusd3(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2016
Keneking:
I hear there are only two streets in Ebonyi.

1. Abakaliki
2. Afikpo

The rest are local government areas undecided

The state had no data on the information released today on NL. I think this state should be turned to grazing site for cattle rearers.

Well because dey r less reported about doesnt mean they don't exist.... Cos u dnt knw d colour of my poooooo doesnot mean it is generally black......

Ebonyi state are made up of majorly farmers......
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 16, 2016
uduak2016:

No wonder the state is so backward! undecided
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by TruthTella(m): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2016
otiigba1:
I hear in nigeria Nsukka and Abakaliki people are the dumbest and most irresponsible. Is this true?
Does any one know?
Its true.
They are just dull and lazy in general not just the abakaliki people, the whole state.

No work ethic, no interest in developing themselves. Imagine in this day and age people still bathe and wash clothes and fetch water from inside public stream in MANY parts of Ebonyi.
That place is a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos BRT Buses May Withdraw Services Next Week / Uzodimma Lights Up Owerri/orlu Road / 11 USA Ports Through Which Cars Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.