Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally (43209 Views)

Ten Equations That Changed The World / 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) / 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by dotun4luv(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2016
Mathematics is all around us, and it has shaped our understanding of the world in countless ways.

In 2013, mathematician and science author Ian Stewart published a book on 17 Equations That Changed The World. We recently came across this convenient table on Dr. Paul Coxon's twitter account by mathematics tutor and blogger Larry Phillips that summarizes the equations. (Our explanation of each is below):

Here is a little bit more about these wonderful equations that have shaped mathematics and human history:
http://www.mavenvibe.com/2016/04/13/17-equations-that-changed-the-world-totally/

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by dotun4luv(m): 7:32am On Apr 16, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Emexicoman(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2016
Nice one op..... And wonder why they haven't commented? They hate mathematics.... Lol
Op u fall my hand, why would be the first to comment? Nonsense!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by nairaman66(m): 11:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Nice! Mathematics pretty interesting stuff!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by warrah(m): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2016
wooow. I love mathematics so much. Can virtually relate with most of the equations.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 16, 2016
Cool. I'm familiar with seven.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by johnydon22(m): 11:36am On Apr 16, 2016
Mathematics is the language of the universe and the oil by which science is eaten!!!.

While Einsteins relativity E=mc2 explained most of the mechanisms of our macro world it falls short in the quantum world or even a blackhole.

I also wonder why Newton's second law of motion is not there, it explains a lot to us about motion we experience everyday F=ma

anyway hopeful string theory will deduct an equation that unifies everything!!!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by oglalasioux(m): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2016
Great post
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by prahcetomi(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2016
Me and maths.........Me.

Maths...............worst enemies...nd I be science student o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by SmartMugu: 11:44am On Apr 16, 2016
See the years listed. Back then people could sit down and think. Today's generation waste away on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, NL, several random blogs or even on their personal cellphones taking selfies.

The same amount of time some chose to waste on social media is probably same as what these legends needed to think of something new to help others for centuries to come.

The news back then would be the big things these great people came up with. Today, the news are s'tupid topics like what davido/wiz kid/ini edo/linda etc wore to church last Sunday, the color of their gate, name brand of their purse, who flew on a private jet vs who walked to the same event, who can shake their bum bum faster than the other, who killed a snake, a rabbit etc. Who cares?

These listed great people obviously paved the way for others to even know how to count whatever change these over-rated people think they're worth today.

Indomie generation with Indomie brains.

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Ihinmi(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
Am proud to be a mathematician

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Enouwem(m): 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
Frontpage immediately!
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Heromaniaa: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
I deal with words. Numbers bore me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by dotun4luv(m): 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
johnydon22:
Mathematics is the language of the universe and the oil by which science is eaten!!!.

While Einsteins relativity E=mc2 explained most of the mechanisms of our macro world it falls short in the quantum world or even a blackhole.

I also wonder why Newton's second law of motion is not there, it explains a lot to us about motion we experience everyday F=ma

That actually got me thinking as well. And not only the Newton second law. Thinking heat diffusion equation shouldn't be excluded but there is a reason for the omission.
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by dotun4luv(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
Heromaniaa:
Lol,but numbers make life easy

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by dotun4luv(m): 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
prahcetomi:
Me and maths.........Me.

Maths...............worst enemies...nd I be science student o
Chai, Mathematics is my daily bread ooo
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by prahcetomi(m): 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
dotun4luv:

Chai, Mathematics is my daily bread ooo
me,my biology,my chemistry............
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
dotun4luv:
Mathematics is all around us, and it has shaped our understanding of the world in countless ways.

In 2013, mathematician and science author Ian Stewart published a book on 17 Equations That Changed The World. We recently came across this convenient table on Dr. Paul Coxon's twitter account by mathematics tutor and blogger Larry Phillips that summarizes the equations. (Our explanation of each is below):

Here is a little bit more about these wonderful equations that have shaped mathematics and human history:
http://www.mavenvibe.com/2016/04/13/17-equations-that-changed-the-world-totally/
I'm familiar with all except 1(15)...GUESS WHY?

I STUDIED(AND STILL HOPING TO CONTINUE STUDYING) MATHEMATICS.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
Economics was a sweet course until they introduced mathematics into it. Maths have a way of complicating things.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by prof800(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Oh, there is an equation for "Chaos Theory"?
And what of F=ma, V=IR and n°=a + (n-1)d.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Veektoria(f): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
I love maths as in the joy I get when I finally know how to solve a problem ehn but I never seem to have full knowledge about it...

Math's Cool cool ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by aiikay(m): 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mathematics is actually very interesting. However the real mathematics of some of these equations were never learnt.
Love maths so dearly but never understood things like the Schrödinger's Wave Equation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by abumeinben(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
Heromaniaa:

Look away....child grin

Not for persons under the age of 18...

#Engineers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by JohnnyBling(m): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
I love mathematics, but.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
Heromaniaa:
same here. God bless the inventor of Calculator

5 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by kurt09(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Breaking News: One painter of garri is #500. Op, please solve this problem.

9 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by jamesjoel142(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Emexicoman:
Nice one op..... And wonder why they haven't commented? They hate mathematics.... Lol
you no be person
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by krak101(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
johnydon22:

John kindly speak English

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by ungab(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Schrödinger's equations: wave particles theory very important to all wireless and radio frequency transmission

4 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Ptoocool(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Oh, how I ha8 Mathematics
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by TrollTrap: 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Too long for man... calculating my change when I go to the shop changed my world totally. True story smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
girls hate anything that has a link to mathematics only one girl commented above me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Considers Shifting January 18 School Resumption Date / Things An Average Person Should Know Offhand... / 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.