Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? (16229 Views)

Guinness Nigeria Recruitment 2018 / Apply For Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Recruitment, February 2018 / Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by jaggzy: 8:31am On Apr 16, 2016
Guinness Nigeria Plc is downsizing....i think the Economy is really in a mess if a Big Multi national is really depleting its staff strenght by half.

1 Like

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2016
jaggzy:
Guinness Nigeria Plc is downsizing....i think the Economy is really in a mess if a Big Multi national is really depleting its staff strenght by half.

The company is downsizing because of projected decline in sales. Rain season is generally bad for companies like Guinness. Once sales pick up, the situation will return to normal

I made the above comment cos I have been in GN Plc for some time now and so I know what's happening.
For those whose brain have been wired to think only politically DONT BOTHER TO QUOTE ME COS I WONT RESPOND.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by TPAND(f): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2016
Martins301:

The company is downsizing because of projected decline in sales. Rain season is generally bad for companies like Guinness. Once sales pick up, the situation will return to normal

I disagree, beer is no taste quencher. Objectively the foreign exchange policy is affecting many multinationals as they can't meet up their project earnings when converted to dollars. The only option is to downsize.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by madone: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2016
the question is how can one leverage on this their downsizing.are they sacking or selling share or what

8 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by GentleNaaz(m): 9:45am On Apr 16, 2016
If this present economic decline could affect multi-national coys lik Guinness, little wonder wat wl b d fate of MSMEs

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by kevoh(m): 10:44am On Apr 16, 2016
GentleNaaz:
Click like for "blame Buhari", share for "blame GEJ"
undecided undecided Grow Up! Not every thread should be a blame GEJ or PMB party. Mature comments like the one below would be more appreciated.
madone:
the question is how can one leverage on this their downsizing.are they sacking or selling share or what

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:

I disagree, beer is no taste quencher. Objectively the foreign exchange policy is affecting many multinationals as they can't meet up their project earnings when converted to dollars. The only option is to downsize.
You are right to a certain extent, the reason why many multinationals are panicking at the moment is because of the current foreign exchange palava bedevilling the nation, though their demise goes beyond "converting projected earnings into dollars". The recent dollar crunch means most multinationals like Guinness and co that rely heavily on importation for production have to source for dollar to purchase raw materials, albeit at high cost. The recent astronomical increase in cost means their bottom line would be impacted negatively as their operating cost skyrockets.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by davide470(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
madone:
What is affecting Guinness, aside full access to FX at official rate for raw material importation is stiff competition from NB. Note that NB has the largest market share in the brewery space.

Also, with news like this, some investors would likely sell off, making their share price reduce a bit but with the cost cutting measure being put in place, gradual phase out of FX restrictions by the CBN, Guinness being a solid brand and their soon-return to profitability, it is wise to invest now that the share price is low.

More so. I prefer to use the word: Layoff as against Downsizing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
davide470:
What is affecting Guinness, aside full access to FX at official rate for raw material importation is stiff competition from NB. Note that NB has the largest market share in the brewery space.

Also, with news like this, some investors would likely sell off, making their share price reduce a bit but with the cost cutting measure being put in place, gradual phase out of FX restrictions by the CBN, Guinness being a solid brand and their soon-return to profitability, it is wise to invest now that the share price is low.

More so. I prefer to use the word: Layoff as against Downsizing.
Yeah, exactly what I think as well, the recent dollar crunch has really increased the operating cost of most of these multinationals. Add the fact that quite a lot of them also heavily suffered from foreign exchange loss last year, I mean those that are financed by foreign loans.

.....But I expect Guinness would bounce back soon as sales would improve once Euro 2016 commences. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by davide470(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
LastMumu:
Yeah, exactly what I think as well, the recent dollar crunch has really increased the operating cost of most of these multinationals. Add the fact that quite a lot of them are also heavily suffered from foreign exchange loss last year, I mean those that are financed by foreign loans.

.....But I expect Guinness would bounce back soon as sales would improve once Euro 2016 commences. grin grin
Yeah, only the big-wigs got off partially unscaled and those sourcing their materials locally (May &Baker et al.)

NB FY2015 saw a revenue YoY increase of c.11%, same with Nestlé.

Lol. Euro'16? Well, let's wait and find out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Lighthouseman: 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Why won't guinness downsize when the administration of the dullar-d fined them one billion naira? They have to sack his citizens in order to pay and remain in business besides the forex crunch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by madone: 1:13am On Apr 17, 2016
LastMumu:
You are right to a certain extent, the reason why many multinationals are panicking at the moment is because of the current foreign exchange palava bedevilling the nation, though their demise goes beyond "converting projected earnings into dollars". The recent dollar crunch means most multinationals like Guinness and co that rely heavily on importation for production have to source for dollar to purchase raw materials, albeit at high cost. The recent astronomical increase in cost means their bottom line would be impacted negatively as their operating cost skyrockets.
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 17, 2016
TPAND:

Ok boss.
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by DickDastardly(m): 6:32am On Apr 17, 2016
Martins301:

Blatant and bare faced lie. Say what you know and are sure of to avoid being seen here as paid SADDIST PROPAGANDIST like Omenkaa, KeneSLAVE etc.
The economic downturn will still force many more coys to shade human capital weight cool

4 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Codedrock(m): 6:33am On Apr 17, 2016
I just don't get why Buhari is not devaluating naira. This parallel and and official dollar rate thing needs to be scrapped. It doesn't make sense. It is really affecting me personally. Nobody's using it, what's the essence of the official rate then? even the banks are charging at the black market rate. This is just bullshit.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by MathsChic(f): 6:37am On Apr 17, 2016
Every other person is...
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by MrDoGood(m): 6:38am On Apr 17, 2016
that's how guinness retrench workers yearly.

i once worked with them.

7 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Nelkoko: 6:43am On Apr 17, 2016
Guiness Again? After JBN do dia own

2 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by powerfulsettingz: 6:44am On Apr 17, 2016
waiting patiently for origin to downsize
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by feelamong(m): 6:45am On Apr 17, 2016
Guinness has been a poorly runed coy for some time now...
In times of recession; are they not aware that it's the cheaper brands of beer that sell most?

Moreover if the Managers of Guinness has taken time to do their market research over the years they should have seen what NB Plc saw that made them to acquire a lot of small local breweries that produce regional brands.

As it is, Guiness brands are expensive; and as we all know the Higher middle class and the rich do not drink beer that much..they go for the red wines and Champangnes......

The lower Middle class who drink these brands are now affected by the bad economy

28 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by 4nobody4every1: 6:47am On Apr 17, 2016
cool
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by lonelydora: 6:50am On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Icecomrade: 7:00am On Apr 17, 2016
Change means Change.
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Enduranceportal: 7:01am On Apr 17, 2016
jaggzy:

The barkery in my neighborhood is also downsizing grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by DBossNG(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2016
Hmm......
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by dearsly(m): 7:03am On Apr 17, 2016
Some paid APC e-rats are spewing trash up there!...u guys can't say the truth 4 once!...very pathetic

3 Likes

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by whytepawn1(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2016
this is really getting critical.. with the already saturated "unemployment market " where will these people fit in. may God help us all!
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by jorghor(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2016
feelamong:
Guinness has been a poorly runed coy for some time now...
In times of recession; are they not aware that it's the cheaper brands of beer that sell most?
Moreover if the Managers of Guinness has taken time to do theisustained theyarch over the years they should have seen what NB Plc saw that made them to acquire a lot of small local breweries that produce regional brands.
As it is, Guiness brands are expensive; and as we all know the Higher middle class and the rich do not drink beer that much..they go for the red wines and Champangnes......
The lower Middle class who drink these brands are now affected by the bad economy

This is the closest to what is happening.
it is not a buhari administration thing as GNplc has been on a steady decline.
in the last 5 years, the sales directors have changed about 3 times, still no improvement.
Profit was only recorded in the spirit segment and orijin. The rest na loss.
The Nigeria of 2day want value for money and would drink The cost saving brands like Trophy, Hero, Life, Goldberg or eagle. NB switched tactics when trophy started selling astronimically and bought Goldberg as Star also has not been doing well. GNplc also tried with dubic but the growth was not sustained. Satz is also doing well but wit the introduction of Eagle, it is also declining.
Even if the FX was readily available, it won't save GN (abi no b d same country NB and international breweries dey operate?). Overpriced products and pride is what has taken GN to its present position.

Like I said, no be everything b Daura-affected.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Jalubarika(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2016
The Topic supposed to be ' Is It True That GN Plc downsizes by Seconds since last week?'
Yes, It does.
Everywhere is cold I tell u.
Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by wacuc0: 7:20am On Apr 17, 2016
A life changing inspirational quotes and messages from different world preachers, focusing on inspiring you for the day and bringing fulfillment of joy into your life.
Welcome to One Minute with God.

Our inspirational message is taken from the book of John 6 verse 35.

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life, he that cometh to me shall never hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Life is precious to us who are living, fueled by food and water to give us strength and good health every day. Have you considered feeding your soul? Does your soul have enough strength today? Have you thought of holding on to the man that is the bread of life? This is the bread that feeds your body and soul. HE thought us to pray this way, “Give us this day our daily bread”. The bread you will taste and shall never hunger. That is Jesus. He that gives the living water and you shall never thirst again. Having him today in your life will give you room for full life satisfaction. He has given you the bread of life, which is salvation. It is the food that endures to eternal life, which only the Son of Man can give. Come to Him and have that bread.

One Minute with God.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Guinness Nigeria Plc Downsizing? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 17, 2016
Martins301:

lies. The govt is failing us everyday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up / Please Help Me Check If This Job Post Is Real At Cameroon / Could This Job Offer Be Scam!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.