Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,154 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (903916 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2016
Yes bros i conducted a search and already have the source. Thanks
femo86:

Go through the article and digest it very well.
Hints: Search google with the headings of the article, you will surely get ideas,
suggestions and opinions of people about what the stuff is about....Best of luck

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bandeco(m): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2016
noordyn:
please guys i got a mail from REUTLINGEN UNIVERSITY to prepare for a schedule[b] PERSONAL INTERVIEW[/b] and ONLINE ADMISSION TEST

Please need info from anyone who must have passed thru this on how the test and the interview will look like OR any other similar opinion will be highly welcome. Moreso, for the INTERVIEW i was sent an ARTICLE and was told to make myself familiar with the content of the ARTICLE as most likely that may be mainly what will be discussed on the INTERVIEW day. PLEASE GUYS URGENT REPLY IS NEEDED!!!!
Please which course did you apply for? BSc or msc. And the program?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adesbaba: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2016
friends,pls i also want to study abroad ..av been making my researches too..its just that am not from a financially strong family and i need scholarship or grants... dunno if anyone can help me with info here....i read accounting plsssss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 8:13am On Jun 26, 2016
bsc, Interantional Business, Thou is a combination of both which im expected to complete within 4yrs Bsc cum Msc
Bandeco:

Please which course did you apply for? BSc or msc. And the program?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bandeco(m): 8:53am On Jun 26, 2016
noordyn:
bsc, Interantional Business, Thou is a combination of both which im expected to complete within 4yrs Bsc cum Msc
Okay.. Bro.. Congratulations
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 9:32am On Jun 26, 2016
please @futurewise i notice u sent sth on Interview and Online Admission Test back then in 2013 as a message u got from REUTLINGEN UNIVERSITY. Kindly share ur experience as i will really appreciate thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Negro1986(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2016
Unigwestanley:
Bitte leute..
I just got rejected by FAU, nurnberg.. . Please i need someone to throw more light on schools thats still available to apply... . Please, i surfed through the internet alot, most of the schools i came across are done with Application.. .. God help me... I don't want to miss ths winter semester... Esp. Not asssociated with Uni-assist... Make una help me oh...
Danke...
@Unigwestanely, sorry for the rejection oo, i applied to the same skul for masters in international business and i have not gotten their acceptance or rejection mails, i have checked my online account with them and it still displays admission status open. please when and how did you get their rejection?[/quote], pls anwser me bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 11:12am On Jun 26, 2016
djlaqua91:

Depends brother if your program is those with multiple locations, it's normally the nations visa of entry used that counts. Eg. If you entered with a german visa then no issue, after grad. You're entitled to the 18months stay thing, renewal etc. If it's a french visa then it will follow french rules. Although since its schengen, during your studies you can move around those EU countries freely for your hustle. NB: from my understanding, please get a second opinion. All the best.

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

Still hoping on other inputs
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SurveyorD: 11:20am On Jun 26, 2016
adesbaba:
friends,pls i also want to study abroad ..av been making my researches too..its just that am not from a financially strong family and i need scholarship or grants... dunno if anyone can help me with info here....i read accounting plsssss

Use Google and search for the course you want, or use daad.de
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 11:37am On Jun 26, 2016
Good Morning fam. I recently gave update on the status of my admission. I still need info on how to get insurance from here preferably Bermar GEK as it is in Hamburg. I learnt one can get the certificate of enrollment without paying until the person gets to Germany. Who can help me out with the link? Also, i'm looking for accommodation as a backup to my application to studentwerk (not sure i got that right). Thank you all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mantleguy(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
noordyn:
please guys i got a mail from REUTLINGEN UNIVERSITY to prepare for a schedule[b] PERSONAL INTERVIEW[/b] and ONLINE ADMISSION TEST

Please need info from anyone who must have passed thru this on how the test and the interview will look like OR any other similar opinion will be highly welcome. Moreso, for the INTERVIEW i was sent an ARTICLE and was told to make myself familiar with the content of the ARTICLE as most likely that may be mainly what will be discussed on the INTERVIEW day. PLEASE GUYS URGENT REPLY IS NEEDED!!!!
Please bro.. When did you receive the email? .. I applied to the same school EBS, Reutlingen University. I haven't received any interview mail from them... Does that mean a rejection?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeeb1984(m): 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Obiwannn: 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
thesoj:

Yes, theoretically.
I would say no. It is very possible to hustle feeding and housing money from working tho. With a C$12/hr job and 20hrs/week during the school session, you would make ~C$1,000 a month which is very sufficient to cover all living expenses (people that make less than about C$11k per year are taxed at a very low rate). Hustling for tuition would be very difficult though, but it is possible to work full time during summer and make some savings to cover a fraction of tuition. I would not advise anyone to plan to work to pay all of their tuition; it would be very stressful.

Having said this, some grad students get research assistantships and pay little to no tuition and also get stipends. There's a number of people over at the Canada visa thread that have gotten this sort of funding. It is not too difficult to get if you graduated with a 2:1 (and above) and are resilient enough to bombard a whole bunch of professors at different universities with well-crafted emails expressing interest. This post on the Canadian thread describes how one would go about it.

This other post on the Canadian thread provides a summary of some of the useful info about going to Canada.

You are welcome to mention me if you have any questions about Canada.
cc: em3r4ld

Btw, @eke40seven, kudos to all you do on this thread. I used to follow it, and it almost got my younger brother to Germany though he got his Canadian visa a week before he was to schedule his interview with the German embassy. This thread is such an amazing resource.

Interessant! Sehr Sehr Interessant!!! grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ezer20(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
Unigwestanley:
Bitte leute..
I just got rejected by FAU, nurnberg.. . Please i need someone to throw more light on schools thats still available to apply... . Please, i surfed through the internet alot, most of the schools i came across are done with Application.. .. God help me... I don't want to miss ths winter semester... Esp. Not asssociated with Uni-assist... Make una help me oh...
Danke...

Actually, getting admission into FAU Nuremberg is quite difficult. I was rejected last year also for MSc Physics. Well you can try University of Heidelberg, University of Hamburg, Frankfurt am Maim (Goethe University), and University of Bremen. Their deadline is the 15th of July, except Goethe University which is on the 28th of August. Moreover, you don't need uni-assist to apply to these schools, but I am not sure about Goethe University. Peace
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
It was last week wed. at about pass three in the afternoon I don't think that should mean rejection
mantleguy:

Please bro.. When did you receive the email? .. I applied to the same school EBS, Reutlingen University. I haven't received any interview mail from them... Does that mean a rejection?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Shirbrown(f): 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
detutu1:

I didn't do an online test for my application. My only advice is read read read! I wish you the very best wink

Pls. Which department did u apply to?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
thesoj:

Yes, theoretically.
I would say no. It is very possible to hustle feeding and housing money from working tho. With a C$12/hr job and 20hrs/week during the school session, you would make ~C$1,000 a month which is very sufficient to cover all living expenses (people that make less than about C$11k per year are taxed at a very low rate). Hustling for tuition would be very difficult though, but it is possible to work full time during summer and make some savings to cover a fraction of tuition. I would not advise anyone to plan to work to pay all of their tuition; it would be very stressful.

Having said this, some grad students get research assistantships and pay little to no tuition and also get stipends. There's a number of people over at the Canada visa thread that have gotten this sort of funding. It is not too difficult to get if you graduated with a 2:1 (and above) and are resilient enough to bombard a whole bunch of professors at different universities with well-crafted emails expressing interest. This post on the Canadian thread describes how one would go about it.

This other post on the Canadian thread provides a summary of some of the useful info about going to Canada.

You are welcome to mention me if you have any questions about Canada.
cc: em3r4ld

Btw, @eke40seven, kudos to all you do on this thread. I used to follow it, and it almost got my younger brother to Germany though he got his Canadian visa a week before he was to schedule his interview with the German embassy. This thread is such an amazing resource.

Wow! Such an amazing revelation. Your input on this thread is as always eye opening.
Good to hear about your brother. I will reach you soon.

Another question, I read once that if you are an international student on scholarship, you are not allowed to work by the Canadian government. Did the new amendments touch that aspect?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogagaejay: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
noordyn:

You will be admitted instantly if you can convince the interviewers of your sufficient knowledge about the article and the subject matter. My advice, do not depend solely on that article. Do all round research about the subject. Get simple definition about every single term used in the article. I wish you all the best.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Replied.

Let me know your earliest date of arrival.

chinok97:
check your pm, or pm me incase my email stuf is faulty, your date tho, e too near
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
You can sort out your insurance online. However, its not a bad idea if you arrive here before sorting it out, depending on your enrolment date.

This is the link for Bermar GEK: https://www.barmer-gek.de/en

I replied your Pm. Lets talk on the accommodation stuff asap.

Armaniii:
Good Morning fam. I recently gave update on the status of my admission. I still need info on how to get insurance from here preferably Bermar GEK as it is in Hamburg. I learnt one can get the certificate of enrollment without paying until the person gets to Germany. Who can help me out with the link? Also, i'm looking for accommodation as a backup to my application to studentwerk (not sure i got that right). Thank you all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Unigwestanley: 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
Negro1986:
@Unigwestanely, sorry for the rejection oo, i applied to the same skul for masters in international business and i have not gotten their acceptance or rejection mails, i have checked my account with them and it still displays admission status open. please when and how did you get their rejection?
I logged into my account and saw rejected... they didn't send me a mail.. i mailed them as to why i got rejected and the mailed back saying my documents was incomplete... that i only certified one page of my transcript instead of all the stapled pages... and other reasons.. . That my bachelor's degree i sent with other docs was missing... Well, i need to apply for more schools asap...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thanks alot. I have responded. My earliest arrival should be september 1 as i am yet to even open a DB acct.

takeastep:
You can sort out your insurance online. However, its not a bad idea if you arrive here before sorting it out, depending on your enrolment date.

This is the link for Bermar GEK: https://www.barmer-gek.de/en

I replied your Pm. Lets talk on the accommodation stuff asap.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
chrisley024:
Why suspended? Scarcity of euro? If now at 310 means it dropped.
they neva said scarcity of euro but that the platform for formA transaction have been suspended for now, i will call the lady by 2morrow to know the latest development.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mantleguy(m): 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
noordyn:
It was last week wed. at about pass three in the afternoon I don't think that should mean rejection
Since Wednesday shocked shocked shocked... And I haven't gotten any rejection mail or interview mail from Reutlingen..
I just hope I av not been rejected sha... But dem suppose tell me na. Well fingers crossed!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bros ogagajaey, i sent u a pm, i wanted you to give me some info about marburg, i decided to ask you because i know u skool at giessen JLU, how many years residency do they give for residence permit app. how easy is it for me to work in near by frankfurt, pls help me with this info or better still ask over dere and rp. thanks broder.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bewaje: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
1 invite from Dr. Rixa Kroehl

Director Recruitment and Student Marketing

EBS Universität

für Wirtschaft und Recht

The music has changed: do you know how to dance?
Challenges and Opportunities after the Financial Crisis.
Chair of Financial Econometrics and Asset Management, Prof. Sandra Paterlini, PhD
the headline was Invitation // Conference on the Financial Crisis
but it wasn't from REUTLIGEN nw. I got on Wednesday also, boss was dis wat u got. [/quote]
noordyn:
please guys i got a mail from REUTLINGEN UNIVERSITY to prepare for a schedule[b] PERSONAL INTERVIEW[/b] and [b]ONLINE ADMISSION TEST[/b

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Negro1986(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
Unigwestanley:

I logged into my account and saw rejected... they didn't send me a mail.. i mailed them as to why i got rejected and the mailed back saying my documents was incomplete... that i only certified one page of my transcript instead of all the stapled pages... and other reasons.. . That my bachelor's degree i sent with other docs was missing... Well, i need to apply for more schools asap...
OK thanks for ur reply,
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
bewaje:
I got 1 invite from Dr. Rixa Kroehl

Director Recruitment and Student Marketing

EBS Universität

für Wirtschaft und Recht

The music has changed: do you know how to dance?
Challenges and Opportunities after the Financial Crisis.
Chair of Financial Econometrics and Asset Management, Prof. Sandra Paterlini, PhD
the headline was Invitation // Conference on the Financial Crisis
but it wasn't from REUTLIGEN nw. I got on Wednesday also
at all these was not what i got, i was told i have successfully passed the 1st stage and the next stage is the interview and the online admission test and i was given a date when the skype interview will hold and also ask me to comfirm by mailing them which i did,they also get back to also comfirmed my acceptability
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
mantleguy:

Since Wednesday shocked shocked shocked... And I haven't gotten any rejection mail or interview mail from Reutlingen..
I just hope I av not been rejected sha... But dem suppose tell me na. Well fingers crossed!
i want to believe you should not easily fall into despair rather you shld be hopeful because u r yet to recieve any message from them. may be is done on batches u never can tell. Alles gute
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
ogagaejay:

You will be admitted instantly if you can convince the interviewers of your sufficient knowledge about the article and the subject matter. My advice, do not depend solely on that article. Do all round research about the subject. Get simple definition about every single term used in the article. I wish you all the best.
thanks bros really appreciate ur response
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
omo, jst like Armaniii, God's grace Sept 1 or Aug ending,
takeastep:
Replied.

Let me know your earliest date of arrival.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.