Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,642 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908068 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sawhite: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
mcfwesh:

Thanks for this clarification. In the event that your admission letter is not ready at the date of interview and you have only got confirmation of admission email, what does one do?
confirmation of admission should contain ur soft copy of admission letter i guess.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
chrisley024:
My guess. Pls which bank and at what rate did they say?

You have no wahala since you already got the money. Make Oluwa provide for me.
Fidelity Bank...no rate was given...the day they successfully bid will determine.

I am hoping 1€=N320 max.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JogahBonito(m): 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
teejay402:

bro pls how did you fill the form .. especially the immigration office column

What form are you referring to?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pillar50(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
un48table:
i got admission into mechanical engineering in Rhein waal as well. I have sent you a Pm, you can contact me let's talk more

Am still planning on completing my documents and sending my application on monday. I just got my HND transcripts yesterday. Its has been a tough one to get. I pray i still meet up. Bachelors Mechanical engineering too. I will like you put me through b4 monday. Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teejay402: 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
JogahBonito:

What form are you referring to?
the non customer form ....pls explain in details how u filled the form .... I mean the form u sent to the deutsch bank.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dude04(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
Halo gurus in d house plz can sm1 use ond to get bsc admission in Germany. Plz a friend needs dis info urgently. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 12:01am On Jul 08, 2016
NO
Dude04:
Halo gurus in d house plz can sm1 use ond to get bsc admission in Germany. Plz a friend needs dis info urgently. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JogahBonito(m): 12:01am On Jul 08, 2016
teejay402:

the non customer form ....pls explain in details how u filled the form .... I mean the form u sent to the deutsch bank.

I now get. The immigration office is the place where your passport was issued. I guess you can fill in the rest yourself.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teejay402: 6:05am On Jul 08, 2016
JogahBonito:

I now get. The immigration office is the place where your passport was issued. I guess you can fill in the rest yourself.
so I should write nigerian immigration?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2016
@sparkle01, hope you saw the email from Wohnen?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 8:19am On Jul 08, 2016
nevilbot:

I no see any fb request. Maybe u sent to someone else thinking it was me
nevilbot pls how much can one buy a very good laptop over there or can u send me a website to check(english version)tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sparkle01: 8:33am On Jul 08, 2016
chrisley024:
@sparkle01, hope you saw the email from Wohnen?
at all... I tried to reach u on whatsap, i wish you the very best on your interview
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Toroze(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2016
All this PHP people sef.. wink
Anyways this is more like it...more grace to your elbow.....bruv
willy2000:

Hehehe you just gave an apt description of kitchen hustle.... on Point!

Let me write mine too. But I'm not a fan of writing long essays. Anyway here is my story so far.
I came to Germany as everyone else and decided to learn the language first, during this period the kind of jobs i did were just the normal "Umzugshilfe" which literally is relocation assistance kind of work. I did this job because I was paid in cash, no giving of bank details and no tax whatsoever. Take note, if you are not strong enough, don't try this job. The last job i did nearly broke my spine after moving household stuffs from a second floor apartment to a third floor apartment without lifts and with a narrow stairs, that was what broke the last straw in me.
Meanwhile, I was earning 100€ monthly, if you ask me from where, i can't write that here. But it was legal and had all my records on it. So, the other job was just a side job which wasn't regular but I earned at least 50€ per day and the most i have earned was 100€ for 3hrs, thar was from the last job.

After my language exams my studies began, I was able to express my self to most of my profs in German and they were amazed as to how fluent i was in the language within a short period of time. This created an opportunity for me and I got a HIWI contract, my duty was translating a part of the University's' site to English. This was a turning point in my life. I worked directly from home at my convenience which gave me flexibility. Although it is always good working from home, but you need a high level of discipline if you want to achieve maximum work time. This job gave me the opportunity to play around TYPO3 and now i am good working with it. It is already on my CV..lol.

Before my contract expired, I got another offer to work in another Faculty as a computer technician and text corrector. my job details was simple, format bible text in office or latex and ensure all PC and projectors are working efficiently. I had to put the job on hold till August, this has been my work experience so far.
Meanwhile, I have also worked in a logistic factory for two weeks, earned some hard cash but the pain afterwards is a story for another day. I have not worked in the kitchen despite reading lots of adverts, most of my German friends work in a bar or club or restaurant. So its no big deal working in the Gastronomiebranche.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2016
[
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2016
mcfwesh:

Thanks for this clarification. In the event that your admission letter is not ready at the date of interview and you have only got confirmation of admission email, what does one do?
It takes at least 2 months from the day the confirmation of admission, block account opening to interview. That's like engaging a lady for 20 years, except if your village people are at work, it's highly unlikely a school will fail to hand you down your admission letter by that time.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JogahBonito(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2016
teejay402:

so I should write nigerian immigration?

Really, what you fill in there doesn't matter. However, the issuing authority on your passport it is. i.e. The city where your passport was done. Its written on the biodata page.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by un48table: 11:52am On Jul 08, 2016
please for those that had their blocked account opening on tuesday, have you received any visa interview mail yet from the embassy? For others in the house, is it normal for someone to book for visa interview and four days later, no mail for the embassy. Please help a brother, cos this long wait is killing me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
un48table:
please for those that had their blocked account opening on tuesday, have you received any visa interview mail yet from the embassy? For others in the house, is it normal for someone to book for visa interview and four days later, no mail for the embassy. Please help a brother, cos this long wait is killing me.
the embassy said to chill, that it can take upto 1-5 days. A friend that booked on monday called them today

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Schwartz:

Forget about buying new laptop, phones or any electronics in Germany. The prices are outrageous here. Its best you buy it in Nigeria
noted!! Buh I tink dey are stronger than d ones in nigeria.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nevilbot: 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
ohakskid:
nevilbot pls how much can one buy a very good laptop over there or can u send me a website to check(english version)tnx

The cheap one I'm still thinking to buy from Otto is 350€ u can do the maths and convert go naira. But they av this package where u can pay for such items monthly BTW 6-24 months. Na that option I dey consider where I go dey pay like 15€ monthly for d next 2 yrs.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
sparkle01:
at all... I tried to reach u on whatsap, i wish you the very best on your interview
They sent an email bearing a link to be clicked under 5 days to show I'm still interested in accommodation.

Thank you. I lost my phone so not on whasap now. You can reach me via email
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nevilbot: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Schwartz:

Forget about buying new laptop, phones or any electronics in Germany. The prices are outrageous here. Its best you buy it in Nigeria

D prices are outrageous only if u still do the mistake of mentally converting to naira and comparing it to how much its sold in Nigeria.

If u buy gadgets in Germany with a germanized mentality, my sister dia is nothing outrageous abt d price. You can't tell me a new laptop of 300€ is outrageous to a German or a TV of 400€ is outrageous to a German or a Samsung phone of 160€ is outrageous if u av a germanized mentality. I have bought phones and a TV here and I don't c it as outrageous bcus I stopped converting to naira 2 months after my arrival.

9 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
nevilbot:

The cheap one I'm still thinking to buy from Otto is 350€ u can do the maths and convert go naira. But they av this package where u can pay for such items monthly BTW 6-24 months. Na that option I dey consider where I go dey pay like 15€ monthly for d next 2 yrs.
very funny my guy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
nevilbot:

D prices are outrageous only if u still do the mistake of mentally converting to naira and comparing it to how much its sold in Nigeria.

If u buy gadgets in Germany with a germanized mentality, my sister dia is nothing outrageous abt d price. You can't tell me a new laptop of 300€ is outrageous to a German or a TV of 400€ is outrageous to a German or a Samsung phone of 160€ is outrageous if u av a germanized mentality. I have bought phones and a TV here and I don't c it as outrageous bcus I stopped converting to naira 2 months after my arrival.
Thank you OOOOOH
Here once you buy am new no problem
You can return ít when its damage not like like Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tell am make he no carry BB come oooh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
hmmm, just passing thru. no comments. But dumbness and negativism shd be banned on this thread biko grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

since na WISE, WISER, WISEST WE COME DEY DO HIA
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by willy2000(m): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
Schwartz:

If you did convert it to naira and the quality of that product is higher in naira then it is expensive. To get the actual price of a product you must convert it in exchange rate to get the true value. I have bought 4 tablets of Paracetamol for 8€ at the pharmacy. On conversion I discovered that its way more expensive. If it was in Nigeria a full card of about 20 tablets of emzor won't cost more than 50naira. The most annoying thing is that the effectiveness to cure my headache was just the same as the Paracetamol in Naija.
Stop countering my comments. You are not wiser than me. And what kind of cheap laptop are getting for 300€? Was it second hand from eBay or imported from China? And yes 300€ is a lot of money to a German because by the time you work back breaking jobs just to get 8.50€ per hour then you will know that it is a lot of money and you will be wise to spend it.
Btw I just got a gist this morning that a certain Yoruba guy who got an IT placement in Frankfurt in DB bahn had applied severally to many places with rejections for a long time and was about to end his program and even give up before he got this one placement in DB but you came here saying it as if he got it at a click of a bottom. Tell the story the way it is and stop painting it as if everything thing happens at the click of a button. A qualified electrical engineering is washing dishes after studying in this same Germany because he has applied and applied continuously for over a year after school and yet nothing. His visa time is running out and he has no option than to apply for another masters and programme. And that is the story of many people here. That I am sure. It is indeed a challenge here but yes some may get it but its not so easy. That is why I always say to people not to leave their jobs to come here because you never know.

Bro if €300 laptop is expensive...... hmmm just pray that baba God should pick your call..... Abi no be this same germo student dey buy motor ship go naija.
Bro dream big and work towards it ohh. I can still remember, my first laptop was within that price and that was in 2014 my current one... i no go talk how much i buy.......
In life there are always different perspective, it is better to see life from the good angle and not the negative angle. i still remember this fav. bible verse and it work like magic...... Bless the land your are in, that you may eat and drink from its bountifulness......... dont ask me which version...E don tey wey i go church.lol

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Painpill: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bitter women are PMSing crazy this year..

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchezdedon(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
Schwartz:

If you did convert it to naira and the quality of that product is higher in naira then it is expensive. To get the actual price of a product you must convert it in exchange rate to get the true value. I have bought 4 tablets of Paracetamol for 8€ at the pharmacy. On conversion I discovered that its way more expensive. If it was in Nigeria a full card of about 20 tablets of emzor won't cost more than 50naira. The most annoying thing is that the effectiveness to cure my headache was just the same as the Paracetamol in Naija.
Stop countering my comments. You are not wiser than me. And what kind of cheap laptop are getting for 300€? Was it second hand from eBay or imported from China? And yes 300€ is a lot of money to a German because by the time you work back breaking jobs just to get 8.50€ per hour then you will know that it is a lot of money and you will be wise to spend it.
Btw I just got a gist this morning that a certain Yoruba guy who got an IT placement in Frankfurt in DB bahn had applied severally to many places with rejections for a long time and was about to end his program and even give up before he got this one placement in DB but you came here saying it as if he got it at a click of a bottom. Tell the story the way it is and stop painting it as if everything thing happens at the click of a button. A qualified electrical engineering is washing dishes after studying in this same Germany because he has applied and applied continuously for over a year after school and yet nothing. His visa time is running out and he has no option than to apply for another masters and programme. And that is the story of many people here. That I am sure. It is indeed a challenge here but yes some may get it but its not so easy. That is why I always say to people not to leave their jobs to come here because you never know.

You are right in most of your comments but never get offended when been corrected. Sometimes i don't feel like commenting here because a lot of ITK are now here. As long as Germany is concern nobody can tell me that He/She knows everything about the system.

Secondly Germany can never be compared to Nigeria. so adjust the way you present issues, so that you don't discourage many that are planning to come here. It is true that we don't pick money here but Germany remains one of the best countries for students.

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
willy2000:

Bro if €300 laptop is expensive...... hmmm just pray that baba God should pick your call..... Abi no be this same germo student dey buy motor ship go naija.
Bro dream big and work towards it ohh. I can still remember, my first laptop was within that price and that was in 2014 my current one... i no go talk how much i buy.......
In life there are always different perspective, it is better to see life from the good angle and not the negative angle. i still remember this fav. bible verse and it work like magic...... Bless the land your are in, that you may eat and drink from its bountifulness......... dont ask me which version...E don tey wey i go church.lol
you need that prayer for yourself not me. What kind of laptop will be sold for 300 euro/ definately not a good apple product or its equivalent. motor is nothing here. i have seen good used ones for less than 100 euro. Cars are manufatured here is in comparison its cheap
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by willy2000(m): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
Schwartz:

you need that prayer for yourself not me. What kind of laptop will be sold for 300 euro/ definately not a good apple product or its equivalent. motor is nothing here. i have seen good used ones for less than 100 euro. Cars are manufatured here is in comparison its cheap
dude pipe down, now you are contradicting yourself. your said 300 was a lot of money now you are talking about apple product.
which one make we follow........
The reason why i said you need that prayer is, you can't be working here in Germany even if you earn less than 8.50 and still convert to naira when buying things. Besides your paracetamol analogy gave you away.
So mr Schwartz u better kabash wella so you go turn Weiß grin grin grin grin grin the joke is on you
STOP LYING THERE ARE NO GOOD CARS FOR 100€ haba shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nevilbot: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
Schwartz:

Ist of all, you really made me laff with this your comment. I laffed so hard I didn't even know how to reply you. You are converting 8€ paracetamol and comparing it to Nigerian emzor and saying 350€ laptop is a China laptop. Baby girl plz go broaden your horizon and stop mingling with those who keep giving you negative stories abt Germany. It won't help you going forward. I'm a damn realist and anyone who knows me here know I say it the way it is. And mind you I don't shop on eBay neither do I pratonize Primark or flohmarkt. When you are in Germany think like a German and stop making euro to naira conversion before you buy things, it won't help u.

You keep talking abt people not getting jobs or intern slot while I keep seeing Nigerians who have gotten jobs here. Them no get two heads, think positive. #enuf said, enjoy ur summer

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.