Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (907568 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by maestrojay(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
gedtalks:

brother thank you.. i really do not understand this grading thing. I and my cousin applied for admission into Rhine Waal University of applied sciences. Our CGPAs are 3.1 and 2.6 respectively we already paid the uni-assist application fee on Thursday thru wire transfer, but we can still adjust our uni-assist application as it has not yet been received in Germany.

please advise us so we do not make mistakes.

Question 1:

(my CGPA is 3.1)
I applied for masters degree (Rhine Waal *German* GPA cut off is 2.5) ...with 3.1 am I qualified for masters in that school

Question 2:

(Cousins CGPA)
Is he qualified for masters in the same school (Rhine Waal *German* GPA cut off is 2.5)....with 2.6 is he qualified for masters in that school.

Question 3:

please which other school in Germany can I apply for both of us

Question 4:

How long does it take to process German study visa for Nigeria. I applied for winter admissions

bro lemme quickly ansa ur GPA question..
Now on the German grading scale,
Ur GPA = 2.4
Dat of ur cousins = 2.8

Now u are good to go cos u crossed the 2.5mark
Buh for ur cousin, am afraid!! but dat dosent stop him from trying, he might also be accepted..
Goodluck on both applications..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Servus! great house of batiatus, the various domina, dominus. special shout out to Oenomaus, gannicus, crixus, spartacus, even to all the ashur, Claudius Glaber and Ilithyia grin
Thank God the war is over, everyone is calm and necessary apologies has been tendered. what we need is the usual ideas, advice, assistance, information und so weiter. One thing is no matter how rugged it can ever be for a nigerian students in germany, it can never be compared to what we are facing here in naija. Most of the so called challenges for a nigerian student in germany that some of you talked about is even compared to what most people fathers and mothers are going through in Naija, or maybe worse. So like style plus... Imagine that!!!!
Na one life we get to live, so no need to waste further time in nigeria, all we can do is continue praying for our country. BUT this movement of a thing started since genesis with people like abraham and so on. So my fellow german applicants, once you get the chance, move, don't look back or else you turn to pillar of salt like lot's wife shocked
#Oluwa ni, fada fada eh...please make this #2016Winter loading process complete for niggaz like us who really need it badly...... cool
Like the nigga dolpaz "Gemeinsam Sind wir starke!" wink

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
praiseovie:
Servus! great house of batiatus, the various domina, dominus. special shout out to Oenomaus, gannicus, crixus, spartacus, even to all the ashur, Claudius Glaber and Ilithyia grin
Thank God the war is over, everyone is calm and necessary apologies has been tendered. what we need is the usual ideas, advice, assistance, information und so weiter. One thing is no matter how rugged it can ever be for a nigerian students in germany, it can never be compared to what we are facing here in naija. Most of the so called challenges for a nigerian student in germany that some of you talked about is even compared to what most people fathers and mothers are going through in Naija, or maybe worse. So like style plus... Imagine that!!!!
Na one life we get to live, so no need to waste further time in nigeria, all we can do is continue praying for our country. BUT this movement of a thing started since genesis with people like abraham and so on. So my fellow german applicants, once you get the chance, move, don't look back or else you turn to pillar of salt like lot's wife shocked
#Oluwa ni, fada fada eh...please make this #2016Winter loading process complete for niggaz like us who really need it badly...... cool
Really funny

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fesobi92: 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
please your advise and opinion needed!!!
Got admission from university of Gottingen and expecting Heidelberg's decision too. at the same time, I applied to some usa universities for spring 2017 (starting January 2017) with a possibility of a full ride scholarship. am in confusion as to what to do. Do I proceed with the admission from Germany? if I do? what r my chances if I apply for a USA visa in Germany? (less than 3months of arrival into Germany).
Make no mistake Germany is a good country with one of the best education. however, schooling in USA is a dream.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
has anyone heard from btu cottbus- senftenberg admission office "environmental and resource management.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omojaiyejaiye: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
Why not follow your dream? Anyway good luck to you in whatever decision you make

Fesobi92:
Got admission from university of Gottingen and expecting Heidelberg's decision too. at the same time, I applied to some usa universities for spring 2017 (starting January 2017) with a possibility of a full ride scholarship. am in confusion as to what to do. Do I proceed with the admission from Germany? if I do? what r my chances if I apply for a USA visa in Germany? (less than 3months of arrival into Germany).
Make no mistake Germany is a good country with one of the best education. however, schooling in USA is a dream.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
Fesobi92:
go for both, u can come to naija to apply for ur us visa after getting the us admission. so go for both
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fesobi92: 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
biglord:
go for both, u can come to naija to apply for ur us visa after getting the us admission. so go for both
boss thanks...what's is the possibility of applying for a visa in Germany? will I have to come back to Nigeria to apply for a visa? thanks again for your input
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fesobi92: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
biglord:
boss thanks...what's is the possibility of applying for a visa in Germany? will I have to come back to Nigeria to apply for a visa? thanks again for your input
omojaiyejaiye:
Why not follow your dream? Anyway good luck to you in whatever decision you make
biglord:
Actually, am trying to work against any "what if" situations and wanted to make sure I start my graduate studies latest Jan so that I won't waste time with admission and all. I want to find out if I would be able to apply for a visa in Germany if eventually am given a fully funded scholarship in US.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kenniez26: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
@fesobi92.what will now happen to your money in the blocked account. Do u want to leave it for Germany government? How will you withdraw it.to apply for visa.I think u need to come to Nigeria. U can only apply for visit visa to USA in Germany not the student visa.my oga at the top can add and remove to my suggestion above. University of Göttingen is also a nice school. I think the University is ranked top 150 - 200 in the world
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fesobi92: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
kenniez26:
@fesobi92.what will now happen to your money in the blocked account. Do u want to leave it for Germany government? How will you withdraw it.to apply for visa.I think u need to come to Nigeria. U can only apply for visit visa to USA in Germany not the student visa.my oga at the top can add and remove to my suggestion above. University of Göttingen is also a nice school. I think the University is ranked top 150 - 200 in the world
thanks boss for your input. I just visited the us embassy site (Germany) now, they said one can apply for a student visa in any us consulate but the challenge will be how to proof ones home tie so it will depend on the vo's discretion to issue the visa or not. on the block acc money, I think I once read about someone who funded his acc before interview and was unfortunately denied. he said he filled out some form and his money was refunded, not the complete amount tho. but I don't know how the process is or how long it takes?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kenniez26: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
@fesobi92. Someone who is deny visa has the right to collect his or her money back from Deutsch bank.the form to fill is on Deutsche Bank website so far u can give them evidence that the embassy deny u visa. It is different from someone who is already a student in Germany and want to go to another country to study. I don't think the person will b able to retrieve his money back until the end of one year.please house I stand to b corrected
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LGDON: 5:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Yup
Me too ooo

Since admission non drop for this Winter

This time around I will apply for bsc as backup.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
All the comments against Schwartz all got my ribs cracking. She should tell us what city she is. We may then pardon her.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolajesu: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
with all sincerity schwartz comments since the beginning of the part3 of this thread almost discouraged me from applying to german universities...her negativity is unexplainable...abroad is not an El dorado...but i believe God will make us have great testimonies by God's grace....i rep teamwinter2016...# by God's grace...shallom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
lobito007:
All the comments against Schwartz all got my ribs cracking. She should tell us what city she is. We may then pardon her.
I honestly think you guys should let the lady be, mocking those who give accounts of the opposite side is not good for the health of the thread.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakesidepapa(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
LGDON:
Me too ooo
Since admission non drop for this Winter
This time around I will apply for bsc as backup.
Don't loss hope for this winter, Keep praying. We shall all make it together..!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by willy2000(m): 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
lobito007:
Yes we have....

But on a serious note, I would want us to revive the other thread on life as a student in Germany. Let everyone come in there once a while and drop one or two tips on survival, study and how they relax in Germany.

I only came back here when things became too monotonous, read---eat--- sleep---work---read---eat--sleep---work. even the party that most guys and girls are so crazy about are always soooo boring. No wonder the depression rate here is so high.
Schooling here is fun oh, but deep down no place like naija ohh. I miss those crazy roommates and flatmates that make you switch off and reboot.
If you are an introvert, hmm better learn how to talk and mingle before coming here, Your language skill will also be a barrier, so better learn some German

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
willy2000:
Yes we have....

But on a serious note, I would want us to revive the other thread on life as a student in Germany. Let everyone come in there once a while and drop one or two tips on survival, study and how they relax in Germany.

I only came back here when things became too monotonous, read---eat--- sleep---work---read---eat--sleep---work. even the party that most guys and girls are so crazy about are always soooo boring. No wonder the depression rate here is so high.
Schooling here is fun oh, but deep down no place like naija ohh. I miss those crazy roommates and flatmates that make you switch off and reboot.
If you are an introvert, hmm better learn how to talk and mingle before coming here, Your language skill will also be a barrier, so better learn some German
Wouldn't such a society - as you described- be utopic for introverts...like me grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
Eke40seven:

I honestly think you guys should let the lady be, mocking those who give accounts of the opposite side is not good for the health of the thread.
Ok. I will assume that you didn't read her attack on Novibot, ridiculing him on his 'inability' to secure a job after masters, his program and taking up another MSc. That was careless, intrusive and senseless to say the least.

Schwartz has always been about the negatives in Germany. She says she is on a mission to correct an impression. Everybody has known her for that.

Prior to her attack on Nevibot, I can't remember anybody attacking her personally. I believe it was that 'personalised' attack that got everybody 'dropping it like its hot' on her.

People should know where to draw the line.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Scorpioborn: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
biglord:
yes

3.1 on which scale (5 or 7).>either which way..with a solid motivation letter YES you can..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
bolajesu:
with all sincerity schwartz comments since the beginning of the part3 of this thread almost discouraged me from applying to german universities...her negativity is unexplainable...abroad is not an El dorado...but i believe God will make us have great testimonies by God's grace....i rep teamwinter2016...# by God's grace...shallom
Good. Her accounts can only discourage folks that have not done their homework.

It is never easy anywhere. But it is better to be in a society that can afford you the platform to plan, give you options.

If Nigeria was doing ok, na to go abroad study and come right back. All this job hustle after studies is because coming back is not an option for many.

So, once you know what you want to do, not even Angela Merkel can discourage you.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
Eke40seven:

It 's no ish bro. However high the decibel of the negativity pronounced, we hooking up @ TUM come October. Please share, how are you finding life in Munich? What's the student job experience like there? How much do the lecture schedules and the study requirements in TUM allow for students to work and still stay effective towards their academic pursuits?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Scorpioborn: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
mikky4all:
has anyone heard from btu cottbus- senftenberg admission office "environmental and resource management.
Yes.. Admission letter started rolling out for BTU-Cottbus ERM 2-3weeks back, ma cousin got hers MSc ERM 3 weeks back, mailed dem, and got mine same day BSc ERM.. Try mail dem, request for the status of ur admission letter, Rhine Waal and BTU-cottbus nah one of the surest school for germany wey i know..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
Scorpioborn:

Yes.. Admission letter started rolling out for BTU-Cottbus ERM 2-3weeks back, ma cousin got hers MSc ERM 3 weeks back, mailed dem, and got mine same day BSc ERM.. Try mail dem, request for the status of ur admission letter, Rhine Waal and BTU-cottbus nah one of the surest school for germany wey i know..
kindly help me with the mail u sent ur request to.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cindino20(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
praiseovie:

If ah hear say war over...baba na ceasefire o....

Take cover cheesy grin..them nor wan throw tantrums for weekend.

But some of una dey curse for state..walahi...willy2000 u be legend....

so person cannot play with u guys again? grin cheesy

Make I take cover before I get hit by crossfire....

Like I said sometime ago ..if Germany is that bad as some pple claim..there is a 10:05 pm flight from frankfurt to lagos

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Scorpioborn: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
mikky4all:
kindly help me with the mail u sent ur request to.

Dear Angela Buhl,

I NAME with Uni-assist Application Number *****, earlier applied for the program BSc/MSc Environmental Resource Management WS 16.

I humbly write to know the status of my application, as i need confirmation to speed up all necessary processing in regards VISA APPLICATION AND ALL CONCERNING PREPARATION FOR STUDIES.

I look forward to reading from you as soon as possible, as this will go along way in making my dream in studying in your institution be a reality.

Regards
NAME
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Scorpioborn: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
Scorpioborn:

internationaladmission@b-tu.de

Dear Angela Buhl,

I NAME with Uni-assist Application Number *****, earlier applied for the program BSc/MSc Environmental Resource Management WS 16.

I humbly write to know the status of my application, as i need confirmation to speed up all necessary processing in regards VISA APPLICATION AND ALL CONCERNING PREPARATION FOR STUDIES.

I look forward to reading from you as soon as possible, as this will go along way in making my dream in studying in your institution be a reality.

Regards
NAME
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mcfwesh(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
sawhite:
confirmation of admission should contain ur soft copy of admission letter i guess.

It doesn't. It is only sent by airmail. And it has not arrived up till now.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiBoss: 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
Dear prospective students,

I believe in hope, I believe in opportunity and I am optimistic! No place on earth is rosie, but with the way things are going in our belove nija, I won't blame a banker who resigns and chooses to pursue a degree and career abroad. But I won't advise anyone to sell landed propert or take loans to come here cos that's gonna make u desperate and put more pressure on u.

Life is more than a pay check! Sometimes we also desire to be in a society and be respected as humans regardless of ur family name and background.

As a student, do not allow ur family back home put pressure of sending money to them on u and also do not paint any picture of having a goldmine in Germany. Cut ur coat according to ur material, do not be in a hurry take out time to search for cheap accommodation. Do not run down ur block account before implementing plan B. As soon as u settle, look for a mini job of atleast 450 euro basis. life in Germany is all about proper planning. 3 years ago during my BSc program, I had a class mate who was working and and he spent all his savings on flight ticket just to visit Nija. I told him that he was out of his mind. And here are my reasons. U are running to Nija to spend ur summer holidays when other students are staying back to pick up full time jobs to enable them save and work less during school session. He succeeded in visiting Nija, came back broke and was working hard during school session and in the cold winter to meet up. That's ridiculous! As a student, u should plan. There is time for everything, I rather stay back during summer, work full time job save some money that I can fall back on during school sessions. If u work and save during summer, u can conveniently work a mini job during school session and ur studies won't lack.

And my last advice...there are 2 kinds of foreigners in Germany. Those that wanna pursue a career here after studies, and those that wanna return back to Nija to pursue a career after studies. Clearly define the part u belong and chase ur dream.

Good luck my people and God bless all ur efforts!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
I grab it. I meant her email.
Scorpioborn:

Dear Angela Buhl,

Regards
NAME

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.