Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908719 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 11:13am On May 09, 2016
Godson201333:
Just some piece of Advice..

For those who thinks German language is not necessary,You are on your own.The Language is your first challenge here and without the language,Your chances might be limited...

For Ielts,You can also try to do your Ielts in Germany,so that your chances can be increased.Yes Nigeria is an English speaking country but German schools believe Nigerians are not competent to Speak and understand Academic English.

I hope you guys are also aware that blocked account has increased to 720 euro per month.Reason :The government financial support for its citizen studying has also increased (Bafög).

Studienkolleg:it's good and necessary,I'm still among those guys who go against Nigeria education.what you learn at studienkolleg is sometimes higher than that bachelor in Nigeria.Remember a solid foundation is better than the weak one.The Admission to this studienkolleg is also very very hard.Schools admit only best students,these students are being selected through the entrance exam.

You have enough jobs but you should also be aware that in Germany you don't do cramming rather you need to read and understand,which means your study need your attention than money...At least daily studying is being required.

Can I source out my blocked account myself in Germany ?? Actually no and this gives a lot of people serious challenge and stress.In a country where you have so many pending bills and unexpected debts..Raising apprx 9000 euros in a year is really a hard task.

Godson, how far? Quite a while.. where is Topeajis dem?

Una just disappear wink wink. hope all is well

Have a great wk !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 11:19am On May 09, 2016
chinok97:
When they say 670 or 720€ per month, is it a compulsory stuff to withdraw the money every month frm the blocked account? What if you have little money in your pocket that can still last months, can you put the blocked account withdrawal on hold?, anytime you like
670 is available for withdrawal every month. If you can survive on less than that in any month, that's budget surplus... grin

The three things that must be done are house rent, health insurance and semester contribution. The first two are every month while the last is every semester.

The rest ... feeding, clothing etc, your discretion and level of frugality do the trick.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2016
bosakelvin:
Just want to be clear, is blocked account now 8640euros @ 720euros/ month, abeg guys make una answer, abeg oga Godson come out and explain these things bettter cos dis info wan make me kolo here.
If indeed €720 is the new minimum, we will get to know. But in the absence of any confirmation; be it from the news bearer, Godson, the Embassy or Deutsche bank, I say lodge the normal €8090.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 09, 2016
UncleJudax:

If indeed €720 is the new minimum, we will get to know. But in the absence of any confirmation; be it from the news bearer, Godson, the Embassy or Deutsche bank, I say lodge the normal €8090.

i saw the quote below while searching for schools,"The "Deutsches Studentenwerk" puts the average cost of living for students in Germany at around 700 to 800 EUR per month. This includes rent, utilities, personal expenses, and other nominal costs. For a sample breakdown of living expenses and related information for international students in Germany, please see our website:"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Plismoll: 1:33pm On May 09, 2016
Hello house, thumbs up to everyone for the good work here. I got admitted to TUM MSPE programme and I need some clarifications as regards visa processing, accommodation and all. I will be dropping my questions as events unfold. Congrats to Lobito007 and others!

P.S: @Lobito007, let's connect.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2016
Welcome back Godson201333, hope you've been doing well. Are you working in Germany now?

I believe Bafög can be increased by the government to its beneficiaries without the embassy increasing the minimum that has to be blocked in a German account! I am just guessing tho... I hope I'm right

If the embassy wants to increase blocked account minimum, I believe they will inform us at least 6 months prior to enforcement. They might not be compelled to but this is only fair and logical.

We go dey await official information

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 2:04pm On May 09, 2016
Plismoll:
Hello house, thumbs up to everyone for the good work here. I got admitted to TUM MSPE programme and I need some clarifications as regards visa processing, accommodation and all. I will be dropping my questions as events unfold. Congrats to Lobito007 and others!

Congratulations. When did your documents arrive TUM?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 2:37pm On May 09, 2016
Plismoll:

congratz
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 2:55pm On May 09, 2016
mercylicious:

i saw the quote below while searching for schools,"The "Deutsches Studentenwerk" puts the average cost of living for students in Germany at around 700 to 800 EUR per month. This includes rent, utilities, personal expenses, and other nominal costs. For a sample breakdown of living expenses and related information for international students in Germany, please see our website:"
Living cost is relative. Housing, semester contribution and health insurance are the major determinants. For instance, you cant compare the rent of say München and Kleve; studentenwerk housing and private accommodation.

It would not be uncommon for some people to spend beyond that €800. People are different.

For now, the allowed minimum is 670/month. Until that changes, some folks will survive on it, some won't.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2016
Plismoll:

Congrats bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:02pm On May 09, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:
Welcome back Godson201333, hope you've been doing well. Are you working in Germany now?

I believe Bafög can be increased by the government to its beneficiaries without the embassy increasing the minimum that has to be blocked in a German account! I am just guessing tho... I hope I'm right

If the embassy wants to increase blocked account minimum, I believe they will inform us at least 6 months prior to enforcement. They might not be compelled to but this is only fair and logical.

We go dey await official information
Your mind de there. Unless BAfög is the yardstick used in regulating how much every student in Germany ( native und foreign) should have as a minimum each month, I don't see it affecting the blocked account deposit.

But then, would extra €600 be the deal breaker? I think not.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 3:36pm On May 09, 2016
bosakelvin:
bro i believe u r on d verge of completing ur db account opening form, please on the form how much was stated has amount to be blocked, is it 8090 euros or it has increased.
Still 8040.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 4:25pm On May 09, 2016
Plismoll post=45458 090:

bro pls share ur experience from the start to u getting admission, did u do d interview or it was direct?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 4:27pm On May 09, 2016
Pls is there anyone else in here that applied for masters in transportation system in TUM for this winter,pls signify if yes, seems am d only one here cry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nerressa: 4:30pm On May 09, 2016
mikky4all:
Urgent!!! Anyone applying to or have applied to university of freiburg or university of trier. Pls kindly signify. Seriously confused now

applying..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 6:08pm On May 09, 2016
Want to pay uniaasist fee? PM me

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 6:17pm On May 09, 2016
Plismoll:

Congrats bro!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by urchman101(m): 6:24pm On May 09, 2016
Please who is applying for or Studying Masters in Computational Science and Engineering at TUM?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mozo: 9:03pm On May 09, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Plismoll: 9:13pm On May 09, 2016
@weirdarkhitekt, Thank you! My paper docs got to TUM late Feb.

@Tesland, Lobito007 & Hadassaheke, thank you!

@Barleh, I did Skype interview (2nd stage) on 2nd of May. Got success mail few hours later. My application experience:

1st step: Online application (after thoroughly surfing the school's website).

2nd step: Sent all required paper docs (for admission) except Health insurance which was required for enrollment (I will send that later).

3rd Step: Got a notification that my docs have been received. Prayed and hoped for the best.

4th Step: Got an interview invitation but I rescheduled to an earlier date (rescheduling is allowed as stated in the invitation).

5th Step: 30mins interview. 3-man panel (one male lecturer, a woman and an observer). The interview questions covered my motivation for applying for MSC programme, why TUM, other schools in Germany that I applied to, my CV, my present job, funding, my undergraduate specialization/ courses and some technical questions on power plant, power generation, transmission and distribution. I was UNABLE to answer ALL questions correctly but gave technical ideas on those I don't know. Finally, I asked some general questions about life in Munich, the study and when to expect result of the interview. In a nut shell, it was God's grace.
N.B: On MSPE website, there is information about the general areas to focus on (motivation, technical questions, CV etc.) for the interview with their allotted grades.

6th Step: Got a success mail from the President of TUM (similar to Vice Chancellor in Nigeria), accepted the offer officially on TUMonline and downloaded the admission letter.

7th Step (loading...) : Visa application and Resumption, by God's grace.

Hope the summary helps. See you!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 9:38pm On May 09, 2016
Plismoll:

@Barleh, I did Skype interview (2nd stage) on 2nd of May. Got success mail few hours later. My application experience:

2nd step: Sent all required paper docs (for admission) except Health insurance which was required for enrollment (I will send that later).

3rd Step: Got a notification that my docs have been received. Prayed and hoped for the best.

4th Step: Got an interview invitation but I rescheduled to an earlier date (rescheduling is allowed as stated in the invitation).

5th Step: 30mins interview. 3-man panel (one male lecturer, a woman and an observer). The interview questions covered my motivation for applying for MSC programme, why TUM, other schools in Germany that I applied to, my CV, my present job, funding, my undergraduate specialization/ courses and some technical questions on power plant, power generation, transmission and distribution. I was UNABLE to answer ALL questions correctly but gave technical ideas on those I don't know. Finally, I asked some general questions about life in Munich, the study and when to expect result of the interview. In a nut shell, it was God's grace.
N.B: On MSPE website, there is information about the general areas to focus on (motivation, technical questions, CV etc.) for the interview with their allotted grades.

6th Step: Got a success mail from the President of TUM (similar to Vice Chancellor in Nigeria), accepted the offer officially on TUMonline and downloaded the admission letter.

Ofcourse, thanks for sharing ur experience, I'v applied since January and the confirm d receipt of the supporting documents late January, till now not heard from them The wait is so killing cry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mozo: 9:45pm On May 09, 2016
BigDaddyKool:
Hello,

Is there anyone in the house planning to send his/her documents to Uni-assist this week via Courier? Kindly PM me so we can send together, to reduce cost.

Happy Sunday!

Have you sent your docs
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 10:22pm On May 09, 2016
Nerressa:

applying..
have u sent your documents to them
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by urchman101(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2016
Plismoll:

Congratulations bro. So happy for you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 11:13pm On May 09, 2016
urchman101:

Congratulations bro. So happy for you.
Got the notification of PM but couldn't find d email.
Direct mail is Dimexinaction@yahoo.co.uk, I can see u also applied to TUM, let's relate
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by urchman101(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2016
barleeh:

Got the notification of PM but couldn't find d email.
Direct mail is Dimexinaction@yahoo.co.uk, I can see u also applied to TUM, let's relate
I have replied
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by beejaybrave(m): 11:37pm On May 09, 2016
dolpaz:

Yes, Its possible to appeal. Which email sent you a (rejection)

You'll probably have to reply with that email

Bitte !
I had thought that 'info@lago.diplo.de' should be the regular.
Thank you mate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 5:27am On May 10, 2016
barleeh:

Ofcourse, thanks for sharing ur experience, I'v applied since January and the confirm d receipt of the supporting documents late January, till now not heard from them The wait is so killing cry
You said transportation eng, right? I think from jan till now is too long a time for you not to have heard from them, Mail the program co-ord.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 6:11am On May 10, 2016
lobito007:

You said transportation eng, right? I think from jan till now is too long a time for you not to have heard from them, Mail the program co-ord.
av mailed them already and I got an automatic reply from the machine, find d message bellowThank you for your message!

The application period for the Master's program in Transportation Systems at Technische Universitaet Muenchen (TUM) started on January 1st, 2016. Application will be possible until May 31st, 2016 (date of receipt!) For international applicants, it is highly recommended that they apply already before March 15th, 2016. Please note: If you apply before mid of March, you will receive results already in May or June.

The Master's program will commence on October 1st (start of the lecture period: mid of October).

Please note that basic prerequisites for application to our program are:

- a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in engineering),

- an academic background in transportation science (e.g. urban and infrastructure planning, transportation planning, transportation engineering and control, transport infrastructure engineering) and

- good proficiency in English.

Please note: If your final degree certificate and transcript of records are not yet available on the date of application, you can apply with your current transcript issued by the responsible examination authority or the responsible university office.

For detailed information about the application process for the Master's Program in Transportation Systems please refer to our website on http://www.transportation.bgu.tum.de/application/ (please also see subsections, e.g. for frequently asked questions "FAQ"wink.
For information about application at TUM (e.g. questions about the online application portal) please see http://www.tum.de/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/masters-programs/#c4977.

Please note: We do not offer scholarships, but you can find useful information about grants on http://www.tum.de/en/studies/fees-and-financial-aid/scholarships/. Besides, we recommend the DAAD website (https://www.daad.de/en/) for information about studying in Germany as well as scholarship programs.

For information about studying at TUM please refer to http://www.tum.de/en/studies/  and http://www.tum.de/en/university-life .

If you have specific questions, we will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 6:31am On May 10, 2016
^^Means you should exercise patience until June
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bleuocean: 10:15am On May 10, 2016
pls who has the latest block account opening form? kindly fire into my email or give me the direct link here desfesuyi@yahoo.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 11:23am On May 10, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:
Eke40seven, I need your help please.

I intend to complete my application for Sustainable resource management (your program if I'm not mistaken) at TUM soon and I'd like you to proofread my essay. Please? how do I get your email
Eh! I think there is called PM here. If I give my mail here, the ogas at the top will hide it.
@Lobito007, Plismoll (congrats by the way), Toroze (I think) and other TUM Hopefuls or those with admission already (my Naija food don dey increase grin) try as much as possible to complete your enrollment and apply for studentenwerk immediately, accommodation in private houses in Munich is just way too scarce and unaffordable, considering the funding in your account (except you are lucky).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.