Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908594 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Cc: justwvise, Eke40sbeven
This guys post irritates me. Can u just get a way to delete this trash that's an epistle. I pray dx don't later bounce on people who would be coming next summer even if winter summer scale through. Abeg, mk una do the needful. For others, please let's try and always filter our comments, everything no be by anger. This is a public platform.
He actually raised an issue that need to be discussed and you are calling it trash??

Do you really think the German Embassy check this thread grin

What he wrote won't affect anything wink

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Cc: justwise, Eke40seven
This guys post irritates me. Can u just get a way to delete this trash that's an epistle. I pray dx don't later bounce on people who would be coming next summer even if winter summer scale through. Abeg, mk una do the needful. For others, please let's try and always filter our comments, everything no be by anger. This is a public platform.

Calm down. They're rational people who won't categorize a bunch of people based on one person's post.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jigba:

He actually made a good point that need to be discussed and you are calling it trash??

Do you really think the German Embassy check this thread grin

What he wrote won't affect anything wink

I'm not trying to be coward here but I would love u go take a review of his epistle and quote me once again that he hasn't spoken off the line. Respect the fact that this people are humans and have their policy. He's trying to kind of teach them their job. Someone specifically quoted him that the Abuja office are meant for emergencies. He should chill as I'm virtually sure everyone would be attended to. If u believe is post is at the favour of all. I'm virtually sure no one would read that post and say it's okkk. Don't encourage him for those words but try to reason outside the box what he meant. Alas, he's not the only one affected.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

I'm not trying to be coward here but I would love u go take a review of his epistle and quote me once again that he hasn't spoken off the line. Respect the fact that this people are humans and have their policy. He's trying to kind of teach them their job. Someone specifically quoted him that the Abuja office are meant for emergencies. He should chill as I'm virtually sure everyone would be attended to. If u believe is post is at the favour of all. I'm virtually sure no one would read that post and say it's okkk. Don't encourage him for those words but try to reason outside the box what he meant. Alas, he's not the only one affected.

Yes I will admit he wasn't polite at all in the post but focus on the main issue.
Well, if you feel they have the right to say they are overbooked because of many applications, then so be it.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dailydolar(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
Made123:

@donkafor... Please do you know of any bank still accepts form A for tuition/living expenses. My bank(GTB) refused to process mine and told me it can only be transferred to the Uni's account, despite showing them an invoice from the school. With the look of things.. blue market is the only alternative which is not that easy to get.
try zenith and union
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Francexxo(f): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hallo leute,pls i need help still on the application form mata,what am i to fill abeg:
No 11- trade or profession for which you are trained, and if different your current trade or profession
No 13- what are ur means of subsistence..
*Can my uncle swear an affidavit of age declaration deposed by head, since my parents are dead.?
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eldeee(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
@nicolea, olanrewaju & donokafor. I want to say many thanks for your explainations. I wil like to apologetically plead on behalf of adalapretty. I want to believe it was all said due to anger but not with any bad intentions. We all know the end products of anger which usually results to sth unpleasant. Pls i beg u all.

Just like it was rightly stated here that we need to plead for a favor, i intend to do so thro my school's international office pleading wt them to send a message to d embassy, hoping for a positive response.

Lets all pray for the very best. God will see us through in all. #winter2017

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Eldeee:
@nicolea, olanrewaju & donokafor. I want to say many thanks for your explainations. I wil like to apologetically plead on behalf of adalapretty. I want to believe it was all said due to anger but not with any bad intentions. We all know the end products of anger which usually results to sth unpleasant. Pls i beg u all.

Just like it was rightly stated here that we need to plead for a favor, i intend to do so thro my school's international office pleading wt them to send a message to d embassy, hoping for a positive response.

You nailed it. Thanks for this as I'm aware we're humans and always prone to act upon our feelings.
#teamwinter17

Danke für verstehen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ninered: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
Eldeee:

That's gentlemanly of you. I wanted to comment @ Adalapretty post when I saw yours.
I was about to trace the IP address of the phone or laptop with the location and time of the post...(just kidding or am I? grin

Don't worry you'll surely get an interview date...don't give up for miracles still happen... Goodluck.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
Negro1986:

I did not tick it when I submitted my visa application, I thought it meant that since I will spend two years which is more than a year that I should not tick??, hope it won't affect my visa application, it has been up to 20 days after my interview now and no message yet from the embassy and I have equally funded my blocked account ...?

You have nothing to worry about. It is not meant to be ticked. shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
ninered:

Not sure but from info I got here they said it should be ticked. Nice to know there's someone heading my way, I'm going to Soest as well

Don't tick it. it is not meant to be ticked. shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Negro1986(m): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
honourableseyi:

You have nothing to worry about. It is not meant to be ticked. shalom

OK thank you brother
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ninered: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
honourableseyi:

Oh! thanks for the reply. We need more of you here
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nice one honourableseyi
honourableseyi:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmisky(m): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sincerely , I don't wanna imagine that I have to wait another year to be in Germany.

Omg!!! After my initial application for visa interview date in early July and was mailed that they are fully booked for till August 17, got good peeps advice on nairaland to mail my school for enrollment extension , I even called my school and my school specifically said they're surprised about the German Embassy policy in my country. They obliged to give me enrollment extension till btw October -early November , now I'm reading again here that they are fully booked till then. Although my school is tuition free, but c'mon i know what i did before getting the admission.
I withdrew my partial scholarship admission in Tilburg university in Holland just weeks after getting my German school admission.
The guy some persons are lashing at above is fighting for a just cause , thou same may be on a wrong footing due to anger. Age is not on my side again, 29 in two months time. Some persons may not know how it feels until you're personally affected.
Like some one said , I hope miracle happens ooo. Sincerely .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
phemmisky:
Sincerely , I don't wanna imagine that I have to wait another year to be in Germany.

Omg!!! After my initial application for visa interview date in early July and was mailed that they are fully booked for till August 17, got good peeps advice on nairaland to mail my school for enrollment extension , I even called my school and my school specifically said they're surprised about the German Embassy policy in my country. They obliged to give me enrollment extension till btw October -early November , now I'm reading again here that they are fully booked till then. Although my school is tuition free, but c'mon i know what i did before getting the admission.
I withdrew my partial scholarship admission in Tilburg university in Holland just weeks after getting my German school admission.
The guy some persons are lashing at above is fighting for a just cause , thou same may be on a wrong footing due to anger. Age is not on my side again, 29 in two months time. Some persons may not know how it feels until you're personally affected.
Honestly I don't get the policy but it's well

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by everhopeful: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jigba:

I have been a silent follower of the thread and was surprised when that fellow was attacked for calling out the German embassy. The docile mentality of many Nigerians is why our own Government and several other countries have taken us for granted. The truth is that the German embassy needs to put its house in order regarding student visa applications and someone needs to tell them that. They know Winter semester comes with a high number of visa applications and should be prepared for that. It is not a case of anyone doing anybody a favour. That same mentality is why political office holders think think they're doing us a favour by providing basic amenities which are basic rights.
Someone said apply early. Is the individual responsible for delay in admission decision by schools?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
everhopeful:

I have been a silent follower of the thread and was surprised when that fellow was attacked for calling out the German embassy. The docile mentality of many Nigerians is why our own Government and several other countries have taken us for granted. The truth is that the German embassy needs to put its house in order regarding student visa applications and someone needs to tell them that. They know Winter semester comes with a high number of visa applications and should be prepared for that. It is not a case of anyone doing anybody a favour. That same mentality is why political office holders think think they're doing us a favour by providing basic amenities which are basic rights.
Someone said apply early. Is the individual responsible for delay in admission decision by schools?
You just nailed it.
If we act like it's cool, then it will be keep happening.

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jigba:

please am asking is it only lagos embassy one can booked niiiii. What of Abuja embassy too. I need more explanation ooo. Big bro and my honorableseyi please more insight and more explanation on it. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
phemmisky:

ohhh my God so so sorry about this. Well since there's life there's hope. Let us hope in God. Please don't give up bro.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Adalapretty: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
Everhopeful and Jigba, reading your comments give me joy that we still have intelligent and reasonable Nigerians who know their rights.
Olanrewaju and Ninered, German embassy is doing us no favour giving interview dates. It is their job and they should tidy up loose ends. I have lived in Europe for 3 years, no embassy leaves people stranded with an excuse of being fully booked.
Phemmisky, i considered people in ur shoes b4 i commented earlier. Sorry about ur holland admission, it is well.
Johnnyessence, Abuja embassy is strictly for the high and mighty.
I dont post to impress any1, i only say my mind. So if it offends you, i really do not owe u an apology. I wish every1 success.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bulalakoboko(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
Had CGPA of 2.93/5.00 in Biochemistry.I want to study Molecular biology or Biotechnology.I was rejected by uni wurzburg and Goerge Augustus uni in Gottingen based on the German 2.5 CGPA scale.My CGPA converted to German scale is 2.56.My question is
1. which school in Germany can accept me .
2.Has anybody with my type of GP got admitted to German uni and which school.
3.Should I go for a master in Nigeria and apply for another Masters in Germany?.

My brothers please help me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Evicsholar:
Thanks for this. I have found schools that offer my course of choice but the problem now is getting funds. I seriously hope to get scholarship or just settle for schools here that has similar course of study

Your welcome...hopefully things will fall in place smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
bulalakoboko:
Had CGPA of 2.93/5.00 in Biochemistry.I want to study Molecular biology or Biotechnology.I was rejected by uni wurzburg and Goerge Augustus uni in Gottingen based on the German 2.5 CGPA scale.My CGPA converted to German scale is 2.56.My question is
3.Should I go for a master in Nigeria and apply for another Masters in Germany?.

Okay let me answer this. Do this
1)Since your GPA is quite low focus on writing an exquisite statement of purpose (most people underate the power of this essay)
2)If possible, try and acquire relevant work experience this might help.
3) Use your third option (Go for your Masters degree here before moving to Germany for another Masters or PhD).

I hope this helps.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by May5ive: 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
I have found a tution-free course that compliments my background. I read computer science, I have a good background in digital marketing, marketing communications and social media management, and I want to go for Msc Computer and Communications Technology. I believe I'm on the right track?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
May5ive:
Hello, thank you so much for your response. Someone told me to either I get a scholarship or have a blocked account because most schools in Germany are free. But my main question is this, approximately how much do I need to have to start a life in Germany? I'm looking at beginning the process next year. But I want to have full details. As per my course of study, I'm looking at Masters in any Digital Media/Digital Marketing related course. Please advice on the location as well. I would like location thats peaceful and easy to get a job. Thanks.

*Note*-I'm still in Nigeria(visa process)
hello, or a sponsor in Germany. And yes most schools in Germany are free tuition although some have have introduced tuition fee while others are planing on introducing. i can't accurately tell you the amount to take with you but i think 2000- 3000euros(or more)should be able to sustain you pending on the city and time you get a job. if you have blocked account or scholarship then you can take less it all depends where your source of income is coming from. I'm offering my opinion based how long i've been on this thread and from others who have passed through my shoes(and presently in Germany). As for the course i'll send you a link to browse through after i'm done with my search....again i cut my coats here as i'm not in germany but i think in general its a peaceful country if you keep the rules. if you understand and speak the language then i think job wont be much of a problem(My opinions).

#ENJOY smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Adalapretty:
Everhopeful and Jigba, reading your comments give me joy that we still have intelligent and reasonable Nigerians who know their rights.
Olanrewaju and Ninered, German embassy is doing us no favour giving interview dates. It is their job and they should tidy up loose ends. I have lived in Europe for 3 years, no embassy leaves people stranded with an excuse of being fully booked.
Phemmisky, i considered people in ur shoes b4 i commented earlier. Sorry about ur holland admission, it is well.
I dont post to impress any1, i only say my mind. So if it offends you, i really do not owe u an apology. I wish every1 success.

Is it really "our rights though"
The embassies are here to protect their best interests first and foremost.

My point is even at the end of that ur epistle, u re still gonna dance to the tune of Paulinus, the VO's even the embassy gatemen on ur interview date which for sure u know. Ur profile about u staying in Europe for years isn't anyone's concern but try and redraft those epistle up there cos it's unhealthy and shows some sort of feeling prior to ur write up. Pelee Europe oga/madam. This hustle is real ooooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
bulalakoboko:

my honorableseyi please I need your prompt response. This person need advice. Please experienced students please kindly share your advice and your view. I want to ask you some questions here. I want to ask in the application you applied for what's the minimum G.P the german university ask from you. And besides if I can see well your course may be competitive among other science course. I just calculate your CGPA with the german scale now it comes out to be 2.5525. You still passed through the course requirement. Is this the only application you applied niiiii. I still have the hope that God will do great things for you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
May5ive:
I have found a tution-free course that compliments my background. I read computer science, I have a good background in digital marketing, marketing communications and social media management, and I want to go for Msc Computer and Communications Technology. I believe I'm on the right track?
sure you are on the right track. All the best. Besides is the course in english tutored course?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Adalapretty:

oga oooo. God will help us. Well God is bigger than the high and mighty people occupying the abuja embassy. God is greater than them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Like I have said severally, the name of a course is no guarantee that the contents are a best fit for you. Based on your comments below and my little experience here, I will tell you for free to steer clear of this course.

http://www.cuk.uni-saarland.de/index.php/curriculum . HTML

May5ive:

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
dobeespen:

But it makes no sense to tick that if you're gonna be staying in Germany for more than one year...

Weda u re going for perm stay in germany, or 2 years, u'd be given a 3or 6 months visa which I subject to extension and annual renewal

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.