Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908089 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by GottSeiDank: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
Kein Problem mein Bruder smiley
SurveyorD:

Hello, I sent you a PM, hope you don't mind if we have a private discussion. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
My Journey So Far (More Paper Work: May-June 2016)

First of all, I will like to extend my sincere apologies to everyone for not receiving updates from me. Since my last update, its been a busy period for me. I added another year in May, and I was travelling a lot too, and wasn't stable to be able to post my updates. Big shout out to Vampire2020 for reaching out to me and reminding me of my commitment to this thread.

My documents arrived in Germany on time after I had them certified. Actually It arrived 4 days later (instead of 3 days) because it was a holiday on the 3rd day in Germany, and DHL does not deliver on weekends and holidays. Anyway once the language school had signed for the delivery, my student advisor called me to acknowledge receipt of the documents and that everything was in order. So he would begin to make the applications immediately. Also while the document was en-route, my sponsor had paid the required amount for my language course and the university placement. So there were no delays whatsoever.

My student advisor and I have this interesting relationship, because I am a very hands on person when it comes to my application, which he appreciates alot. Sometimes he would email me at 11pm, waaay past office hours, and we would email back and forth, either answering my questions or just bouncing ideas off each other on how to make the process go smoother. He has done this things countless number of time for students around the world and has had lots of experience with these things such as visa applications etc. But he said that I am quite different from most students has handled. Its helps to do your research people.

I have already received a scanned copy of my offer letter for my language course. Now the next step is for the university and studienkolleg to send my conditional offers. During one of our conversations with my student advisor one sunday evening, a friend of mine buzzed me via whatsapp. It so happens that this friend of mine is an academic Dr and also a professor at a university in Germany just to check in on me as it had been a while since we talked. So to help add further credibility to my application, the professor has written and sent in a personal reference letter to be attached to my application.... *Air First Pump*.... My student advisor says this will go a long way with my application..

A little bit of Vitamin B (or what Germans call Beziehungen) goes a long way.

My sponsor had gone to the Ausländerbehörde (Immigration office) at the end of May to get my sponsorship letter sorted. I should state here that anyone who is being sponsored by a German citizen or resident has to book for an appointment weeks in advance to get a date at the Ausländerbehörde. Everything is sorted there and he had it sent via DHL to me. While on a trip to Kaduna, I purchased my WAEC Access PIN, just to be safe, I took a photo of it and stored it in my email, in case i loose this pin, cos WAEC no longer makes it in a CARD format (like recharge cards should be). Now is just a small piece of paper, similar to what you would get when you go to a cybercafe.

All in all I think I am 90% ready. I have already typed out my motivational letter and will transcribe it later by hand. I know some people has stated that it is not necessary to write this per se, but its better to be safe than sorry.

My only concern now is, do I need to purchase health insurance before hand as well as the prepaid courier, or I can buy the health insurance after the embassy says i should come for collection and forget the prepaid courier. Because I am slightly worried of making the trip back and forth to Lagos. I would rather just buy the insurance and attach it to my documents and return to Abuja and wait for my documents and passport to be delivered to me, rather than to fly back to Lagos for a day to simply pick it up and present my insurance. Thoughts and suggestions please?

Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by domex007: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
futurewise11:

This question has been asked more than 50 times on this platform.

Secondly just two minutes research on google will give u answer.

Anyway, you can only withdrae approximately 680 euro monthly.
In my opinion, block account is the best option.sponsorship letter entails alot.
As per form A, averagely it takes 3weeks to process. Stanbic and Ecobank is better in that aspect presently.You dont need a domicilliary account for the transaction.

Am Sorry bro. How do u mean it entails a lot. cos I plan on using the sponsorship letter route. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
bsc, well.. applied for more than one tho, but the main course na information and communication engineering /information engineering... i see say we many already, na to also add some side courses grin grin, make man cook rice and indomie the same time wink
vampire2020:
hmm,are you also goin for bsc or msc,if so wat kurs

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=Bandeco post=46211080][/quote]DafuQ nicurangry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vampire2020: 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
chinok97:
bsc, well.. applied for more than one tho, but the main course na information and communication engineering /information engineering... i see say we many already, na to also add some side courses grin grin, make man cook rice and indomie the same time wink
nyc one bro,u go get dat admission mail IJN.just go to ur yahoomail and be pressing refresh button on ur browser of ur email page.lol,question bro can one also go for a master in computer science with the aforementioned courses.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lol. Na one gun i fire and i hope say e no go miss. ICE all the way

chinok97:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vampire2020: 9:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
domex007:

Am Sorry bro. How do u mean it entails a lot. cos I plan on using the sponsorship letter route. thanks
and me also i also plane to use sponsor ship letter,@leprof1 gud to have u back sire
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
yes, you can
vampire2020:
nyc one bro,u go get dat admission mail IJN.just go to ur yahoomail and be pressing refresh button on ur browser of ur email page.lol,question bro can one also go for a master in computer science with the aforementioned courses.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
lol, at 4times the speed of sound (768mph), ur bullet Don hit d spot before you hear d sound sef, e go come.
Armaniii:
Lol. Na one gun i fire and i hope say e no go miss. ICE all the way

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pauluche:
Eke I travelled to Graben for the Job in October and NOT because I need a job immediately. By then I would have been through with my studies ok?! FYI I teach music in Leipzig every weekend so I do not necessarily have to travel to Graben and forsake my studies when I am not on leave!

You said Tosin is going south for Oktoberfest........ What is the bone of contention here? I said there are student jobs I didn't say there are jobs that will make you rich over night I even gave a clearly analytic explanation of someone who was able to pay off his debts by means of a ''student job'' because he's been living a prudent life style.
That Tosin has decided to move south whether for Oktoberfest or permanently either because he doesn't speak German or he hasn't made much effort in getting a decent job is his own decision.

I remember your brutal comment about this same city last two years and last year if I had adhered to your ''advice'' I would have sit my butt in Nigeria just because of those statements of yours. But guess what................................ I have NO REGRET WHATSOEVER being here!

What I am trying to point out is that you should STOP discouraging people from making decisions. Some persons only applied to FSU Jena. Are you trying to discourage them from coming to Germany because of what ''people'' told you?

Eke if you like bring the whole of Jena to this thread and let everyone say whatever they want to say it is non of my business. There's something about being positive about life. No matter how good or bad a thing is there are certain people who will never see the positive side of it!

I still maintain that if you are knowledgeable in German and you have Jena as a viable option please come because the city is absolutely inexpensive to live in and you will most likely get a student job either in the city or in neighboring cities. Conclusively as people will say ''everyone come life with e own head''.

Okay no qualms bro. You really love this your city. Different strokes for different folks. However, note that you will get a mini job anywhere in Germany if your German language is good.
However, note that I am not discouraging anyone, my first and only choice last two years was a school in Dessau Saxony Anhalt, (no semester ticket in the school) and no jobs. I mean for Non-German speakers but yet I would have gone. My point is, if you have a better option, please take it!
You must be making a killing profit travelling the whole of two hours to Leipzig to teach music considering all the money for transportation. You go come teach me too so I go follow you chop small.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sparkle01: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2016
I need someone to bail me out ooo.... I don pay my three month travel insurance dis week which av submitted with my passport. The info on the letter written to me from embassy was that i should either submit to the gate of embassy or i should courier it in. Which i sent it in through courier. This system is somehow strange to me, pls, i want my ogas in d house to pls explain to me why such direction was given to me and how long will it take to send my package back to me or communicate with me? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2016
Please o ,how many weeks or months those it take Cottbus BTU ,to send admission letter for MSc into environmental resource management

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 9:14am On Jun 03, 2016
foreverkind1:
Please o ,how many weeks or months those it take Cottbus BTU ,to send admission letter for MSc into environmental resource management

Oga, we applied for the same program o, the truth is that I don't even know and I don't think any one in dis thread is a current student of BTU Cottbus...let's just hope for the ending of this month or early next month...send me a PM if you don't mind.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KangaIye: 10:20am On Jun 03, 2016
I am just seeing this thread now please where do I start from please sadI
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 10:24am On Jun 03, 2016
Please someone should point me in the right direction.
I know y'all have discussed this before but the trend is too long for me to read every single comment at the moment and i really don't have time on my side.

I'm in lagos, i want to authenticate my documents and hopefully send them today. Please how do i go about this. I'd be grateful if someone can kindly help out. Thank you so much
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 10:39am On Jun 03, 2016
well, it obviously can't be done at the embassy today, until you book for next week if dere is any space available, but if your school also accepts public notary/court seal certified docs, then you can go to high court lagos and certify, it should be with a seal, or a seal and stamp, and send it via courier today. Confirm from your school website tho, if it's accepted
fab11:
Please someone should point me in the right direction.
I know y'all have discussed this before but the trend is too long for me to read every single comment at the moment and i really don't have time on my side.

I'm in lagos, i want to authenticate my documents and hopefully send them today. Please how do i go about this. I'd be grateful if someone can kindly help out. Thank you so much
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 10:41am On Jun 03, 2016
what exactly do you want? please grin..
KangaIye:
I am just seeing this thread now please where do I start from please sadI
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emmauu: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2016
[quote author=coldsummer post=46199402]

Your application to join your spouse should not take this long. The EU Directives clearly forbids that.

¨Passport with
visa?
Your family members cannot be automatically turned back at the
borders if they do not have a valid passport or, if required, an entry
visa, when they are able to prove by any other means that they are
covered by the right of free movement and residence by establishing
their identity and family ties with you´

¨Documents that
can be required
when applying for
the visa
The right of entry of your third country family members is derived
from their family ties with you, a Union citizen. All the Member
State consular officials can ask for is their passport and a
document establishing their family ties with you, such as
marriage or birth certificate and proof of dependence,
where
applicable. Your family members cannot be asked to present
documents such as travel tickets, employment certificate, pay slips,
bank statements, proof of accommodation and means of subsistence
or a medical certificate. ¨

THE VISA IS FREE OF CHARGE AND MUST BE ISSUED WITH SPEED

send an email to:
solvit@bmwi.bund.de[/quote ]

Thank you so much for this additional information.

The visa application fee was indeed free of charge.

I wonder why it's taking this long and like i mentioned before, the verification of our marriage / documents has been successfully concluded and the registry office in Berlin[Standesamt ] issued us a German marriage certificate. It was same document I submitted during my application. It baffles me what they still want to verify.

Will keep my fingers crossed

Dankeschön
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ikuomolagood: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
sparkle01,just calm down, it wud take 5days before you receive your package,I know the waiting is not easy.Congratulations.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Princesindy: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello all, Please I am anticipating admission letter from Deggendorf Institute of Technology DIT(Industrial Engineering), Rottal-Inn, Pfarrkirchen. Please is there anyone who has in-depth knowledge of the school and city? Please help a brother out… You can please reply under these headings (but you are not limited to it); I. Quality of school II. Life and living expenses in the city (…and availability of student jobs) III. Settling down after school Please no information is too small, I believe there are quite a number of people heading to these schools, and you will be helping not just me but US make the right choice. Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sparkle01: 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
ikuomolagood:
sparkle01,just calm down, it wud take 5days before you receive your package,I know the waiting is not easy.Congratulations.
hmmm... Thanks bro, is this the new system? Though someone told me they are trying to reduce traffic at the embassy. How true is that?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
E-fam/ph people, I need an address/location of the high court/ notary public, I Wana go certify my doc.
2ndly, is it at just the end of every doc they will jst sign?
3rdly what's the cost?
Tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchezdedon(m): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
A
domex007:

Fear not, you only need to convince the VO that you have a very strong relationship with your sponsor. Know more about him. Many people came here with letter of sponsorship including me.

Good luck.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nwaonyeocha: 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
Good afternoon all,
Its like Germany is meant for science students?

I read Mass Communication - HND; Can I go for Masters with it as I have about 10 years post graduation experience?
Any school recommended? I will be glad to know.
Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
Good afternoon my people, can someone please send me a link of appointment booking for Blocked account opening. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
jaybmich:
Good afternoon my people, can someone please send me a link of appointment booking for Blocked account opening. Thanks

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/appointment_showDay.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=695&categoryId=1157&dateStr=07.06.2016

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
Nwaonyeocha:
Good afternoon all,
Its like Germany is meant for science students?

I read Mass Communication - HND; Can I go for Masters with it as I have about 10 years post graduation experience?
Any school recommended? I will be glad to know.
Thanks.

Daad

ellacute45 been awhile.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
ichommy:

Daad

ellacute45 been awhile.
yea how are you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
ellacute45:
yea how are you
Am Okay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.