Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908596 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 6:51am On Jun 08, 2016
aibee01:

Material science department is far from all the hostels ....so forget about the distance..., furnished rooms are preferable......though CAH is among the cheapest but its kinda old and located a lot distance from the school/supermarket n co...
Grateful for your info. I've applied for room in CAH, PAH and PHH, I guess they will now contact me if a free room becomes available in any of the three? And if given a room, does one pay while in Nigeria or when he gets to Kiel?
Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Allisonrichy(m): 7:49am On Jun 08, 2016
BlessedSamson:
Hello everyone, its been a while I checked here since I arrived in Germany some few weeks ago. I must really say that the hustle to get here is worth it...for my brothers still trying to push through pls just press on and above all believe not in your ability but in God.

The system here really demands you read and study...just be prepared for that...
Bro is there any means of someone studying and pursuing his football career over there
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 8:14am On Jun 08, 2016
what if exam period comes, your coach might not be lenient sad
Allisonrichy:

Bro is there any means of someone studying and pursuing his football career over there
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 8:47am On Jun 08, 2016
First it was a mistake. Now you feel good with it because you are already claiming it.

You are claiming the wrong age? Forcefully or willingly?

Why are we like this? Why do we enjoy thriving on lies? Covering a lie with series of lies..from Africa to Europe and to every part of the world. For how long do you think this will last?

Did you just got the passport? Why didn't you make moves to correct the mistake immediately you saw it?

I am sure if you have anything close to a conscience, it should be ministering the truth to you by now.

You have 2 options as far as I am concerned,

1. Go back to where you got the passport and make case for the correction. That's the best way out. You can't afford to lay this sort of foundation for yourself.

2. Go along with your 'Lieing Tounge' and deal with it for the rest of your life. Surely, one day the truth will catch up with you. Please don't come back here to curse 'village people' when things start hotting up.

If you want good and enduring success in life, there is only one rule: DO THE RIGHT THING IN THE RIGHT WAY AND AT THE RIGHT TIME!

Good luck.

oboh24:
Good morning nairalanders. I've got this pressing issues I need your advice on. In my e passport they made mistake n fill 1991 as my date of birth and right now I'm claiming the 1991 and that I left primary school 1998 finishing secondary school 2004 which amounts to 7 years of primary + 6 years of secondary = 13 years. people saw thus and objected that I will be queried in the embassy for the years that its impossible to have gotten the primary 6 cert at age 7. but I intend explaining that I had double promotion in my primary school. Pls house what's the implication of this? thanks all for your expected contributions.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2016
Uniassist is taking forever to acknowledge my payment. Please what do i do? Whats the normal duration for them to acknowledge payment
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2016
fab11:
Uniassist is taking forever to acknowledge my payment. Please what do i do? Whats the normal duration for them to acknowledge payment

Use the Contact form to send them The Receipt of payment. Its Helps alot.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nevilbot: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2016
Neyoalao:

Oga nevilbot wassup any special reason for going for second MSC after ur neuroscience one? So that we sef fit learn ni oh

MSC neuroscience is a research based masters with no link to clinical work experience like I tot before coming. All they train u for is lab research both useful and useless ones and upon graduation, dey expect u to toe the PhD, post doc line and become a prof jumping from one research to another and writing/publishing papers. Most of the research I must also say av no link to a developing country like Nigeria. The results won't be of benefit to me or my country for now. This is not a carrier path I envisage for myself. I don't want to end up as a lab rat white haired prof in one German institute.

Basically universities in Germany are research oriented especially in d medical sciences while uni of applied sciences are d one structured to prepare u for d work environment but many of us do not know that before coming over. So since I want a carrier outside academia for myself, I'm switching to a uni of applied sciences to get the needed training for clinical practice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by royaldok: 10:40am On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

MSC neuroscience is a research based masters with no link to clinical work experience like I tot before coming. All they train u for is lab research both useful and useless ones and upon graduation, dey expect u to toe the PhD, post doc line and become a prof jumping from one research to another and writing/publishing papers. Most of the research I must also say av no link to a developing country like Nigeria. The results won't be of benefit to me or my country for now. This is not a carrier path I envisage for myself. I don't want to end up as a lab rat white haired prof in one German institute.

Basically universities in Germany are research oriented while uni of applied sciences are d one structured to prepare u for d work environment but many of us do not know that before coming over. So since I want a carrier outside academia for myself, I'm switching to a uni of applied sciences to get the needed training for clinical practice.
Thanks for the heads-up sir.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rorschach619: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2016
LGDON:
I need advice

While am waiting for TUM to make their decision, I want to book appointment with the admission I have now.

But am scared

I got admission in SRH Hochschule Berlin, Msc International Management

700 Euro monthly

Someone living in Berlin should please advice me

Can I survive the tuition fee?

Is there jobs in Berlin?

I have my block account money ready but the tuition is scary

Nobody can answer that question for you cuz nobody knows how fat your wallet is
Also even if you could get a job which could give you that much(which is highly unlikely)most of these schools ask for a down payment of about a semesters fees...
Anyways, I don't think you can pay tuition monthly...It isn't rent
So if you think you can pay the down payment(bearing in mind that there are still other things to pay for..feeding, rent et al)then by all means go ahead
But seeing as you are already "scared"..then it ain't a good idea
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Allisonrichy(m): 11:28am On Jun 08, 2016
chinok97:
what if exam period comes, your coach might not be lenient sad
Ok thanks I just want to be sure if it is possible
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

Basically universities in Germany are research oriented especially in d medical sciences while uni of applied sciences are d one structured to prepare u for d work environment but many of us do not know that before coming over. So since I want a carrier outside academia for myself, I'm switching to a uni of applied sciences to get the needed training for clinical practice.
nice one n God bless you, what abt the technical uni?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

Basically universities in Germany are research oriented especially in d medical sciences while uni of applied sciences are d one structured to prepare u for d work environment but many of us do not know that before coming over. So since I want a carrier outside academia for myself, I'm switching to a uni of applied sciences to oget the needed training for clinical practice.
thanks for sharing bro, valuable lessons here
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aibee01(m): 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
chrisley024:
Grateful for your info. I've applied for room in CAH, PAH and PHH, I guess they will now contact me if a free room becomes available in any of the three? And if given a room, does one pay while in Nigeria or when he gets to Kiel?
Danke!
It is your choice either you transfer or pay cash but preferably you come with 300 euro(caution fees)...you only need to pay the caution before you will be handed the key.

NB. for those coming to Christian Albrechts University (CAU) and with an admission offer already, you can mail Claudia Sheen (csheen@uv.uni-kiel.de) , she works at the international center and , she will definitely assist with hostel.
@Chrisley024 you can also mail her..(CAH should be your last option, My personal opinion though)... Tschus.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nevilbot: 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
ohakskid:
nice one n God bless you, what abt the technical uni?

I think technical unis are closer to the applied unis in terms of purpose but I can't be too sure cus I av not bin dia. My boss Eke40seven is in a better position to answer that cus he is in a technical uni. But u av to call him very hard to answer cus him fit dey under woman. I don't trust that guy one bit

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sparkle01: 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
aibee01:
It is your choice either you transfer or pay cash but preferably you come with 300 euro(caution fees)...you only need to pay the caution before you will be handed the key.

NB. for those coming to Christian Albrechts University (CAU) and with an admission offer already, you can mail Claudia Sheen (csheen@uv.uni-kiel.de) , she works at the international center and , she will definitely assist with hostel.
@Chrisley024 you can also mail her..(CAH should be your last option, My personal opinion though)... Tschus.....
team kiel... Thanks alot brother. Will do that now

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

I think technical unis are closer to the applied unis in terms of purpose but I can't be too sure cus I av not bin dia. My boss Eke40seven is in a better position to answer that cus he is in a technical uni. But u av to call him very hard to answer cus him fit dey [size=15pt]under woman[/size]. I don't trust that guy one bit

Lolz grin grin at the bolded.

Remember Eke is a Prophet.. undecided undecided

Anyway, Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

I think technical unis are closer to the applied unis in terms of purpose but I can't be too sure cus I av not bin dia. My boss Eke40seven is in a better position to answer that cus he is in a technical uni. But u av to call him very hard to answer cus him fit dey under woman. I don't trust that guy one bit

Hahhahhahha...Lmao, my belle ooo, So na like this Sir EKe40seven b?....I hail oooo....lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mille:
Hello people,

Please I got admitted for a European masters and I will be in Germany for the first semester only. Do I need to open a blocked account of 8040 euros or 4100 euros

Third time I'm posting this. And some people will rather ignore and hoard information than help someone out.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

I just love this Write-up...thanks for the Enlightenment, it'll go a long way...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
my best adv is to mail the embassy and enquire or go urself.
Mille:

Third time I'm posting this. And some people will rather ignore and hoard information than help someone out.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
No answer for your question because many would rather be quiet than give a wrong and misleading answer.

Personally, I think all you need to do is to prove to the embassy that you have enough money to fund your stay. How? I'm not sure!

But its best you mail the embassy for proper direction.

Mille:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mille:

for DB to send u evidence of confirmation of payment, u must have paid the whole 8040 Euro. That is as far as I know

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joysmart(f): 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Please where are the people in Bremen o From what I can see on the studentwerk site It seems one has to be on ground before getting accommodation Please guys help o I thought someone can apply from anywhere I need guidance please
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
aibee01:

Thank you so much for your invaluable info. You're the best cool
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

Hmmmmm so Bishop Eke!!!!!! shocked shocked? I suspect him in Dolpaz office that day. That feminine voice is not ordinary, I always know there is something behind it grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by topeajis(m): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
LGDON:
I need advice

While am waiting for TUM to make their decision, I want to book appointment with the admission I have now.

But am scared

I got admission in SRH Hochschule Berlin, Msc International Management

700 Euro monthly

Someone living in Berlin should please advice me

Can I survive the tuition fee?

Is there jobs in Berlin?

I have my block account money ready but the tuition is scary

boss i stay in berlin but i must be frank u cant survive paying 700 euro monthly minus ur basic bills. because hustle is nt the way we think it is and as a student u have limited hours and days to work. if ur hustle tight u cant earn more than 800 monthly when u combine hustle with school.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
nevilbot:

Mr Eke biko come and defend ursef oooo cheesy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
liftedkris:
for DB to send u evidence of confirmation of payment, u must have paid the whole 8040 Euro. That is as far as I know

Thank you.
chinok97 and takeastep

The embassy only directed me to their website and dodged the question. I'll go physically by Monday once I'm done with form A for tuition
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by twinklestar(m): 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=chrisley024 post=46389169]Done! [/quote
Team kiel, here we go. Count down loaded

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.