Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908931 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
undisputed25:

The ish is that one of the school, the deadline has already passed

Mail them ASAP to know if you can still send it. They will answer your mail in the next 3 days.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DawnEden(m): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
@oladunwo when did you receive your mail?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oladunwo(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
DawnEden:
@oladunwo when did you receive your mail?

today , 11:10am to be precise

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
DiBoss:

Bro, pursue Canada with light, candle and anointing oil smiley Canada is the way forward! Luxembourg run far from that country it's ridiculously expensive.
This is in no attempt to dispute your claim about Canada, but I wonder what makes a lot of people excited about it. US, I think, is a far better destination. US offers better prospects. There are not many famous companies that began in ca. Currency is even inferior to the usd. Is the canadia dollar widely acceptable and outaide of canada? Make I just hold.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiBoss: 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
lobito007:

This is in no attempt to dispute your claim about Canada, but I wonder what makes a lot of people excited about it. US, I think, is a far better destination. US offers better prospects. There are not many famous companies that began in ca. Currency is even inferior to the usd. Is the canadia dollar widely acceptable and outaide of canada? Make I just hold.

Ur opinion sir! But in my own opinion, Canada is the best place for any prospective immigrant!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by djlaqua91(m): 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:

Google the NIS portal, peruse the site to gather information and follow the instructions

Thanks. Did that yet no solution to my issue. There's no info about people renewing passport. Only for fresh ones, editing old ones or replacing lost ones.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OlaoChi: 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
Cindino20. where did you get euros @ 350 naira?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
DiBoss:

Ur opinion sir! But in my own opinion, Canada is the best place for any prospective immigrant!
or opinion tho
seems u don't know about Australia
better than the best
u r in Germany already,but u think Canada is better. in that same Canada u will c someone saying that Us is the best.go to us now, u will c someone wishing to be in Europe. (dissatisfaction )
stay where u r and stop wishing u were somewhere else.its not rosy anywhere, its abt Gods favour

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
DiBoss:

Your reasons?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiBoss: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
dprinz99:

or opinion tho
seems u don't know about Australia
better than the best
u r in Germany already,but u think Canada is better. in that same Canada u will c someone saying that Us is the best.go to us now, u will c someone wishing to be in Europe. (dissatisfaction )
stay where u r and stop wishing u were somewhere else.its not rosy anywhere, its abt Gods favour

You are right bro! But ur success as a graduate student, depend largely on policies. For you to remain in Germany after studies, u must get a job that is directly related to what you study. If you studied computer science and u get a job as a store keeper yawa don gas for u. The question u should ask is, how many firms are willing to employ u? But in Canada, immediately after studies u get a visa to remain regardless of ur nature of job. Canada ve got a good immigration policies that might earn ur entire family permanent residency. Europe is cool, but my brother if u have got opportunity to study in Canada grab it ooo! Na osho free carry many guys come here ooo. As a black man, e non easy to get white collar job here oooo! There are several limitations my brother. Anyway, God is with us all. There are always stones to greater height.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dokgen(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
em3r4ld:
Eke40seven , pompido, weirdarkhitekt and the rest have done a whole lotta justice with this thread. I just confirmed my admission 4 masters in intl business & mgt. (Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences). No Uniassist stress nor sending of docs + Nipost/DHL wahala grin anyways, scanned all and sent, luckily enough was offered a position. Waiting for the hard copy to hit 9ja dis wk. But I have a dilemma. I currently have admissions for Masters in Luxembourg and Canada as well. That of Lux is €200 per session while that of Canada is $3-4k per year. Now, dis German admission is tuition free. Considering
1. the ease of visa processing & higher rate of securing Visa,
2. better integration into the system
3. Standard of education
4. Better welfare after grad as omo Naija grin

Which will the house advice me to follow?

BTW, Econs in Lux, while Rural dev in Canada. All taught in English language.

Advice needed from the ancestors.
House, please i need 3000 DOLLAR/EUROS OOOO. who has . whatsapp number[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] +639369428692
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
honourableseyi:

Mail them ASAP to know if you can still send it. They will answer your mail in the next 3 days.

In addition, mail the school. Uni-assist will most likely tell you that they agreed on that deadline with the school and they cannot go against it except the school allows it.

Contact the program coordinator/director by phone, if this is possible
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hexabia: 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
michlan:
Please I need info on where to take german lessons in Lagos apart from goethe. I checked the goethe timetable but it's not feasible for me again.
Hi Michlan.Please I sent you a pm kindly reply.Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
djlaqua91:

Thanks. Did that yet no solution to my issue. There's no info about people renewing passport. Only for fresh ones, editing old ones or replacing lost ones.

I don't know. Try going to the immigration office directly. Tschüss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiBoss: 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
My little advice!

Dear incoming brothers/Sisters,

Studying abroad is a very good decision and above all in Germany because the world respects anything that is made in Germany. But during your studies, try to plan ahead of time and make good use of the international opportunity. For example, try to register as graduate or undergraduate students with societies relating to ur field of studies. For example, I am a member of the American society of biochemistry and molecular biology. I have bin opportune to attend annual meeting in San Diego California, and another research meeting in Vancouver. Sometimes u don't have to fund the trips your self. In my case, I was asked to write a scientific abstract without plagiarizing any text book or online document. I did and I was granted travel allowance that made my trip successful. I am not trying to compare nations, but I felt overjoyed during my trip to Vancouver when I saw a lot of Africans working in banks, IT firms, insurance companies, surgeons and lots more. I got talking with some of them and majority where Nijagida. I was very happy with my self unlike in some countries where u only see our pple working at restaurants or cleaning the toilets. Like I said before, policies matters a lot! There are some that gives u opportunity and there are some that limits u! I am glad I had the opportunity of meeting a lot of people in California and Vancouver. And I hope some day, me too go wake up in the morning, dress smart and zoom to work. But that one non common for our pple here ooo na 2/1000. Wish u all the best my belove pple!

9 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 11:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nosky247:
Abeg, who applied or studying in FSU Jena? How long does it take for them to make decision on admission. My app deadline is may31 but I've not heard from them.
4-6weeks after deadline
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hexabia: 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
Cindino20:

Konlenz is dry..nothin dey happen there...same with Trier i think....essen-Duisburg is okay ...Freiburg no idea..but dont even think of koblenz its a small city with little or no student job.
Please what about Hannover and Stuttgart
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeusaqua: 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
That was a great encouragement there,..
Cindino20:

I m just gonna add my own opinion..we re all correct its a matter of perspective and this is my own perspective.

Stop lookin at the short run...think abt the future...3yrs from now when he graduates and start workin...things he can achieve here in Germany professionally...I dont think anyone can save any tangible money when studyin to be honest cos the educational sys is tough and u will barely ve the time to work more than 15hrs durin sch term

There is more to life than money..pple migrate for several reasons..some for stable life..some for kids to ve quality education..some for adventure ..some to attain professional goals...so it depends on what the young man wants...his long term goals....

Will his present job allow him to grow?
Is it a job or a career?
What is his short term and long term career and personal goals?

It is sad that nigerians often view everythin under the lens of money.....

With the crashin naira...d economic uncertianity in Nigeria there is no better time for a young person to leave than now...like one poster said 90k is abt 250 euros as at today...

2yrs ago the cost of comin to Germany was abt 1.86m naira (8090 euros @230naira to 1 euro total excludin expenses and all that) now that 1.86m naira is 5300 euros 350 naira to 1 euro)

2yrs down the line...havin survived the german educational system...today those persons who came here 2yrs ago can hold their own anywhere in the world and beat their chest and say they re professionals without fear nor favour...and the hiring rate as at today for Msc graduates in Germany is at least ca.3500 euros (minimum start up salary german civil service for msc graduates tv l 13) before tax which after tax for a single person will leave u with 2k euros ..if they save half of that 1k euros as at today is 350k naira or even less...mind you the salary in Nigeria has nt increased over the last 2yrs in tandem with the inflation caused by crashin naira and increase in pump price of petrol

And this is the least if they know their onions...it may take time to get the job but this is the least...you never can tell the man may be the next Bernett Omalu

And pls dont start with he cant get a job in Germany because of German lang barrier......if he is smart enough to get a job in Nigeria as at today i think he will get one here too when he graduates ceteris paribus.

And before you take the leap mr. Man think abt it and follow ur heart and when u do..no regrets...

In all remember these words

You will sacrifice alot to come to this con3 ...when the story will be told it wont be about the sacrifice you made but what you will achieve

All the best.

NB
For the landlord dont sell ur house ...borrow if u can or save up...(personal opinion)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeusaqua: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2016
Tonyjude:

i got my Goethe cert last yr, and sent them to someone in Germany who had certified them together with other docs and will apply by August. But really is it advisable to leave naija while am in 3rd yr medicine for Germany and start the struggle all over again. and besides am 20

This is my advice....Finish ur medicine here first....while u are in naija, make plans for ur career advancement once u are tru with studies. By den, oda opportunity may have open even beta dan Germ....
Dont rush tins, concentrate on having gud grade in ur studies,blive in God n sow seeds towards wat u desire, u will see de miracles.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by em3r4ld(m): 2:06am On Jun 22, 2016
DiBoss, thanks for that response. But I have a serious bottleneck with the Canada stuff. Thr requirement is much and I don't know if I can meet up with it. Germany is based on blocked account 2 impress them for getting visa I guess, but Canada, even with millions in sponsor's acc, I have read about cases whr dey frustrate ppl, even here in Nairaland. Anyways, what is d advantage of CA over Germany based on d courses I was offered??

Ca= Rural dev with tuition of 3-4k CaD; 1yr

Ger: Intl Biz & Mgt with no tuition but with heavy blocked acc.

Pls, advice....

DiBoss:

You are right bro! But ur success as a graduate student, depend largely on policies. For you to remain in Germany after studies, u must get a job that is directly related to what you study. If you studied computer science and u get a job as a store keeper yawa don gas for u. The question u should ask is, how many firms are willing to employ u? But in Canada, immediately after studies u get a visa to remain regardless of ur nature of job. Canada ve got a good immigration policies that might earn ur entire family permanent residency. Europe is cool, but my brother if u have got opportunity to study in Canada grab it ooo! Na osho free carry many guys come here ooo. As a black man, e non easy to get white collar job here oooo! There are several limitations my brother. Anyway, God is with us all. There are always stones to greater height.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 2:11am On Jun 22, 2016
[.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 2:48am On Jun 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 3:07am On Jun 22, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dandeedadrunk(m): 4:58am On Jun 22, 2016
Please I recently traveled to US on B1/B2 Visa, Can my wife join me in US to spend the vacation? Do you think is advisable if my host sends her invitation again? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by styles2009: 5:33am On Jun 22, 2016
Schwartz:
People only listen to what they want to believe. I will take it upon myself as a project to ask about African students who came with study visa, graduated and got a job here. the tips, the tricks, everything. It is our outmost desire to get employed here after studies. I dont know why its not so common to see. . I will only post facts and not claims.
Where you come from matters a lot in Germany. my Spanish classmate had no visa interview, he hopped on the plane and bam he landed in Germany. I asked how much he came with he said maybe 2000€. Just imagine angry
Our own immigration rules here is different. But I wonder why there are so many Cameroonians here. Seems their visa rules are more relaxed.

Spain is in the Eu, their citizens don't need any visas or such, they just apply, get admission and off they go to Germany.
Cameroon was a german colony before the end of the second world War and after the defeat of the third reich, France too over, so they got more ties to Germany than Nigeria.

My tips to all studying; masters, bsc, make it your aim to secure yourself in Germany before your study ends, improve your german language, intergrate, connect, visit seminars be it in English or German, visit job trade fair even before your course ends and meet connect with recruiters at these job fair (Job messe).
Am not against anyone migrating to another country,when you've not explored all opportunities here.
I am definitely sure you'll still pay that tax one way or another in that country you are running to.
Wetin you dey find go Sokoto dey inside your Sokoto.
@Those coming for Studienkolleg, there's a way you can work after completing your Studienkolleg and work for 5-6months straight before your bsc start giving your finance a boost before the next semester begins.
@All, Nice real post coming the last few weeks about life after studying and not about Nipost,how to certify or how to dhl.
Wishing you guys all the best and good luck.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cindino20(m): 7:39am On Jun 22, 2016
Schwartz:

I respect your opinion but I beg to disagree on a few point you posted. With my experience from the north to the south of Germany, it is very rare to be interviewed for even a cleaning job in any other language apart in German. You must have indicated that you can't speak German otherwise you must open your mouth and bring out the German you know. Employees expect you to be able to communicate. A few may overlook it but its not common here. if you are to do a job that will require you to talk to customers, they won't risk it. you must be good in Deutsch. To even find an employer that will pass instructions to you all the time in English? what of your supervisors? Heck compare the ratio of adverts of purely English speaking jobs to jobs that put German language as a condition; its 1.5/10, very low
secondly I don't rely on those money figures you are throwing around. If there is one thing I have learnt here is not to take people's claims as to what they do and earn here. I only believe facts with evidence. if i see your payslip before i go belief. everybody want to form and claim. I don catch some. Only one guy on this thread has come back to tell us how he graduated and got a job. No one else. Our naija sister got a graduate job too but her German is very tight. I met a guy too who got a graduate job. A foreigner he read automobile engineering. of course the automobile industry is big here. Good enough you said you have spent 2 years down the line. it will be nice you can post how you went about getting a graduation job. I wish you Goodluck with that.
Thanks Schwartz.....I think there were some misconceptions abt my post.

I never said you did get a Job without speakin German although it happens..i guess you missed the line (ceteris paribus)
...It will be unwise for me to tell pple nt to learn the lang. What I meant by German lang barrier is that after 2yrs of studying you may nt be fluent as a native speaker because you may barely ve time to attend an intensive Lang. Course except the once a week organized by the uni and with that nt much progress is usually made.you may end up at B1 or B2 which is fair enough.

My experience here is that most companies employin graduates are aware abt the difficulties intl students do ve in havin a grip of the languague and what they wanna see is a commitment to learning the lang and in some cases they do ask their workers to learn the languague after gettin the job. For example...the head of our research group is nt very fluent in German despite doing his phd in switzerland but when he was offered the position of a full time prof.the position had a clause stating that in the next 2yrs he should ve learnt the languague to an extent that allows him to deliver lectures in German without issues.....now he teaches in german missed with english...and in some courses pure english.

Bro It is doable ...I met a guy when I arrived here...he studied automation and Robtics...he took him a yr to get a job when he got the Job it was a decent postion mind with little german maybe that was why it took so long ... there is a Nigerian CS graduate that got 2 offers immediately after he graduated...baba it may be difficult but it is doable..there re challenges of course...there is no where in the world where it is easy...but Germany rewards hardwork which is something young pple need.

I ve met a couple of Nigerian students who ve said they wont get a job even before they graduate.... even when u try to encourage them they dont wanna ve any of it..why they hold such views...I dont know...mother nature wont gv u something u dont want and work for...

You also accused me of throwing figures around...I didnt..I will drop links for you...msc graduates re scaled in Tv l 13 in the german civil service (private sector pays higher) see link below ..also Check the link on how to calculate taxes there ...

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarifvertrag_für_den_öffentlichen_Dienst_der_Länder

http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/c/t/rechner/tv-l/west?id=tv-l-2016i

You also asked me to post how I got a graduation job...Uncle pple ve different paths......pple know me personally on this board I wont start self edification it is against my core values...but if u really wanna know u I will do it...I m a chemistry student and will submit my thesis in august...I ve an offer already to do my phd with a decent wage(Research assitant position).I m doing a phd because 80% of German chemist ve phd and I didnt travel 5k miles to be a mediocre chemist.

I m grateful to this country for havin provided for me free and quality education....something I did pay thru my nose in Uk,Us or canada...and to add to it the con3 also deemed it fit to support me in form of a stipend...

My friends in Nigeria who re doing tneir master thesis re forced to buy reagents(chemicals) for their own research but here in Germany pple get paid to do research... we re all right..its just a matter of perspective.

I will also encourage young pple who re passionate abt studying to key into this even if it means makin realistic sacrifices...in the short run it may be diffucult..d shitty obs and all that but in the long run it is worth it.

Schwartz dont take this line srxly ..I often make a joke that if Germany is as shitty as u guys make it seems...there is a 10 pm flight to lagos from frankurt. grin cheesy(spaß)

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2016
Schwartz:
People only listen to what they want to believe. I will take it upon myself as a project to ask about African students who came with study visa, graduated and got a job here. the tips, the tricks, everything. It is our outmost desire to get employed here after studies. I dont know why its not so common to see. . I will only post facts and not claims.
Where you come from matters a lot in Germany. my Spanish classmate had no visa interview, he hopped on the plane and bam he landed in Germany. I asked how much he came with he said maybe 2000€. Just imagine angry
Our own immigration rules here is different. But I wonder why there are so many Cameroonians here. Seems their visa rules are more relaxed.
Tnx 4 the info, please also help me ask about vocational training.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 7:45am On Jun 22, 2016
oladunwo:

today , 11:10am to be precise
Hi, was the admit from uni Freiburg for their REM program?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2016
Cindino20:

Thanks Schwartz.....I think there were some misconceptions abt my post.

I never said you did get a Job without speakin German although it happens..i guess you missed the line (ceteris paribus)
...It will be unwise for me to tell pple nt to learn the lang. What I meant by German lang barrier is that after 2yrs of studying you may nt be fluent as a native speaker because you may barely ve time to attend an intensive Lang. Course except the once a week organized by the uni and with that nt much progress is usually made.you may end up at B1 or B2 which is fair enough.

My experience here is that most companies employin graduates are aware abt the difficulties intl students do ve in havin a grip of the languague and what they wanna see is a commitment to learning the lang and in some cases they do ask their workers to learn the languague after gettin the job. For example...the head of our research group is nt very fluent in German despite doing his phd in switzerland but when he was offered the position of a full time prof.the position had a clause stating that in the next 2yrs he should ve learnt the languague to an extent that allows him to deliver lectures in German without issues.....now he teaches in german missed with english...and in some courses pure english.

Bro It is doable ...I met a guy when I arrived here...he studied automation and Robtics...he took him a yr to get a job when he got the Job it was a descent postion mind with little german maybe that was why it took so long ... there is a Nigerian CS graduate that got 2 offers immediately after he graduated...baba it may be difficult but it is doable..there re challenges of course...there is no where in the world where it is easy...but Germany rewards hardwork which is something young pple need.

I ve met a couple of Nigerian students who ve said they wont get a job even before they graduate.... even when u try to encourage them they dont wanna ve any of it..why they hold such views...I dont know...mother nature wont gv u something u dont want and work for...

You also accused me of throwing figures around...I didnt..I will drop links for you...msc graduates re scaled in Tv l 13 in the german civil service (private sector pays higher) see link below ..also Check the link on how to calculate taxes there ...

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarifvertrag_für_den_öffentlichen_Dienst_der_Länder

http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/c/t/rechner/tv-l/west?id=tv-l-2016i

You also asked me to post how I got a graduation job...Uncle pple ve different paths......pple know me personally on this board I wont start self edification it is against my core values...but if u really wanna know u I will do it...I m a chemistry student and will submit my thesis in august...I ve an offer already to do my phd with a descent wage(Research assitant position).I m doing a phd because 80% of German chemist ve phd and I didnt travel 5k miles to be a mediocre chemist.

I m grateful to this country for havin provided for me free and quality education....something I did pay thru my nose in Uk,Us or canada...and to add to it the con3 also deemed it fit to support me in form of a stipend...

My friends in Nigeria who re doing tneir master thesis re forced to buy reagents(chemicals) for their own research but here in Germany pple get paid to do research...and

I will also encourage young pple who re passionate abt studies to key into this even if it means makin realistic sacrifices...in the short run it may be diffuclt..d shitth jobs and all that but in the long run it is worth it.

Schwartz dont take this line srxly ..I often make a joke that if Germany is as shitty as u guys make it seems...there is a 10 pm flight to lagos from frankurt. grin cheesy(spaß)
u fit start PhD and after a year, wen u must have extended ur stay den u shun am? Lool

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.