Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 (49066 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / 17-Year-Old Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Picture Of Emeka Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In Epsom College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Jaideyone(m): 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Bigcake:
My friend you are far too young to be stupiid. read history and know why Biafrans lost the war. left for Nigeria alone, Biafrans would have destroyed them... As far as history is concerned, the coded genocide called civil war was between Biafra and the world powers namely; Israel, USA, France, Russia and Cameroun... yes i mentioned Cameroun because they had a deal with the Nigerian government and France to annex the oil-rich Bakassi to Cameroun in order to serve as a conduit route to smuggle in weapons..... History is beautiful.... it reveals a lot hence the Federal Government of Nigeria placed a ban on it.

Modified...... Mind you am not Igbo.... but just saying the crystal truth.
lol you hate to admit it but Awo brought up the idea of the starvation policy.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Jaideyone(m): 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
janellemonae:

You need to stop repeating this Biafra propaganda. Awolowo was a civilian and a finance minister DT had no business wt military strategy.

He did not carry out any starvation policy. That was done by military leaders and commanders. You can Google all their names. If u really think some politician dt came out from prison could have bn controlling angry and powerful military officers who were then in control of d country and acting wt impunity all over d place, u must really be brainwashed. In fact I don't even think Gowon had a handle on his military officers, not to talk of awolowo.

Awolowos master stroke of genius was CHANGING THE CURRENCY after d CBN looting. I believe DT contributed immensely in ending d war and made ojukwu hate him for life.
Awo brought up the starvation policy. I feel your pain but the truth is always there for all to see grin
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by zayyadoski(m): 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
Him papa don born Bleep up
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Wizteaser: 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
Leeeekeeee:
No wonder the other tribes were jealous, the wealth attracted envy from the 2 symbiotic tribe..

The 1st graduate to join the army!!!

That an achievement..

Give the igbo's the opportunity nd the world will bow to our feet..

The igbo's re world best tribe - Pontius Pilate..
pride spotted. This one will soon fall.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ooni:
If only awo was as brave as him...
brave enough to cause over a million death of his fellow tribe men abi
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Leeeekeeee: 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Wizteaser:
pride spotted. This one will soon fall.

Funny you..
A dust looking for people to join him...
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
englishmart:
who is talking about 14th century?

Was Luis born in the 14th century
but u said he was d first African millionaire...

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by chiefmidwife: 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
Where is Ojukwu's mother from Is true she an Hausa
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by TheSunSon: 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jaideyone:
I'm entitled to my own opinion. if you don't like my post kindly use the lagoon. you don't have to display your thuggery
The lagoon lol? Typical abegro like your oba.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by redcliff: 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
Iwonimi:
All igbo's should put d blame on Nnamdi Azikkwe cos he's d 1 dat put all his to trouble up till 2day ., the Ipob shld blame him cos he was so selfish and sentiment

God bless ikemba of Nnewi and his father... may their rest in peace.

OMO YORUBA NIMI

The problem with Zik was that he was very pro nigerian.. but he was very wrong with his side.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Zenas212(m): 11:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
[Ojukwu used his father's wealth to prosecute the Biafran war. All of it]

Ojukwu senior was a rich man, no doubt about that but there were quite a number of stupendously rich rich Nigerians at the time. There is no evidence that he was or wasn't the richest Nigerian or African of it's just hearsay. Just as it was said Abiola was a billionaire but there is nothing to show he was a billionaire beyond tales by campfire. We Africans have a habit of overstating our wealth, most of the people we call billionaires are only Naira billionaires. I dont think you people understand what it means to be a billionaire. There are people who are not worth $40m who are riding around in leased private jets.

In any event all these people are dead, we should focus our energies on making our own if that's your goal in life.

Before I go though, if Ojukwu senior was really worth all that much then, what happenned to it all. How does a business man amass a fortune worth $40b in today's money and you don't have $1b in your estate today one generation after your passing? If you were a govt contractor I can understand because these people didnt make their money by building anything but not a business man like Ojukwu. It tells me he probably never had that kind of money to begin with or maybe just a case of a blind country and a one eyed king.[/quote]
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Redoo(m): 12:20am On Apr 17, 2016
Baba Olufemi Olutoye was the first graduate to join Nigeria Army in the year 1956 . Ojukwu joined in the year 1957

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 17, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
he was a great man, his MANHOOD is eternal grin

NNAMDI will surely get to that height

FOOL
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by gidgiddy: 2:32am On Apr 17, 2016
miky:

1966 is not a long time, no way he was worth 40 billion, what's your source??

I never said that Sir Louis Ojukwu was worth 40 billion, I said what he would have been worth it in today's money. To give you an example, in 1956 the Queen visited Nigeria. The Government had to borrow Sir OJukwu's Rolls Royce to carry Queen around. Less than 800 of that type of Rolls Royce were ever made. If Sir Ojukwu still had that Rolls Royce today, it could be worth millions of Dollars.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by gidgiddy: 2:56am On Apr 17, 2016
Redoo:
Baba Olufemi Olutoye was the first graduate to join Nigeria Army in the year 1956 . Ojukwu joined in the year 1957

You are wrong about that. Olutoye said in an interview that when he enquired about joining the Army as a graduate , he was told that that Ojukwu had also had joined the same way. Olutoye,Obasunjo, Nzeogwu were the class of officers that were commissioned inyo the Army in 1960. Ojukwu was commissioned in 1957 ( although his commission date was backdated to 1955) . Ojukwu was far senior to Olutoye.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by gidgiddy: 3:02am On Apr 17, 2016
Jaideyone:
if only his father knew he will lead 2m Ibos to their death lipsrsealed

If Lugard had known that, he wouldn't have created Nigeria in the first place.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by malcomvee: 3:09am On Apr 17, 2016
igboboy3:
Anambra state has the highest number of self-made billionaires in Nigeria.

It has the highest literacy level and the best waec pass rate in Nigeria.

@op, We will produce great men again

Anambra is also the state with the lowest poverty rate, last time i checked according to NBS

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by DedeNkem: 5:42am On Apr 17, 2016
Government siezed his father's choice properties mostly in Lagos.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by oilsuop: 6:32am On Apr 17, 2016
TheSunSon post= kiss44764247:
When the queen visited nigeria for the first time,NIGERIA borrowed Luis Ojukwu's car to transport her. No one in the born to rule or sophisticated community was rich enough to have a car fit for the queen. Long live the Biafran spirit
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by damyzino(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2016
Leeeekeeee:
No wonder the other tribes were jealous, the wealth attracted envy from the 2 symbiotic tribe..

The 1st graduate to join the army!!!

That an achievement..

Give the igbo's the opportunity nd the world will bow to our feet..

igbo's always speak highly of their self .u pple are the one dividing nigeria starting from your ancestor ojukwu (traitor ,mass murderer)..........just admit it undecided
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by staymore: 7:34am On Apr 17, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
"A chicken eats corn,drinks water,swallows pebbles;
Yet she complains of having no teeth.
If she had teeth,would she eat gold?
Let her ask the cow who has teeth yet eats grass". _An excerpt.

I like this excerpt
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by staymore: 7:38am On Apr 17, 2016

And are too full of themselves -Abraham Lincoln
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by staymore: 7:44am On Apr 17, 2016
garfield16:

Google "Mansa Musa"

"The 14th century emperor from West Africa was worth a staggering $400 billion, after adjusting for inflation,"

You are a researcher. I was surprised when I found out about the billionaire called Mansa Musa from Mali. In the entire world was only John D Rockefeller that has been richer than him.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by josite: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2016
DedeNkem post=447that the first house in Ikoyi to be bought and paid for by a Nigerian belonged to – yes, an Anambra man. He is not done with the people of Lagos. When the Nigerian government decided to borrow a Rolls-Royce to take the Queen of England around when she visited, they turned to an Anambra man, who loaned them his car.72539:
Government siezed his father's choice properties mostly in Lagos.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Leeeekeeee: 11:41am On Apr 17, 2016
damyzino:

igbo's always speak highly of their self .u pple are the one dividing nigeria starting from your ancestor ojukwu (traitor ,mass murderer)..........just admit it undecided

Can I see ur grannies he murdered
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by notoriousbabe: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
udy4real:

U dey craze,

Make una ban me
E pain am tongue tongue tongue
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by notoriousbabe: 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
TheSunSon:

The way your mother took pills to abort you but failed and only succeeded in making you a complete rëtard?

kai my comment pain am as I want grin grin tongue
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by notoriousbabe: 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
Krismart:
Are the Igbo's complaining? And who is afraid to die? Everyone will die someday, so ...
looooooooooooooooooong yawns
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by TheSunSon: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
notoriousbabe:
kai my comment pain am as I want grin grin tongue
For your mind,go take your drug,onye ara.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Lazlow: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
he was a great man, his MANHOOD is eternal grin

NNAMDI will surely get to that height
Manhood ko penisi ni
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by notoriousbabe: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
TheSunSon:

For your mind,go take your drug,onye ara.
kai the thing still dey pain am,sotey him no fit chop grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by jayeoba92: 12:05am On May 13, 2017
hardbody:
Greatmen...... angry

When again?
look around you we're many.
we re great!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala / Shettima Smiles As He Welcomes Bola Tinubu / Bola Tinubu Pictured With Ribadu And Gov Badru In Mecca (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.