Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,741 members, 7,802,255 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

A Malfunctioning Cd Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Malfunctioning Cd Drive (999 Views)

Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. / How To Repair A Malfunctioning Laptop Keypad. / Do You Have A Laptop:The Keyboard Is Not Working Or Malfunctioning? Here's A Fix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Malfunctioning Cd Drive by Czarskit(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2009
Please I need assistance on what to do about my CD drive. It's not working at all but when I used the add hardware option on my control panel, it popped out but it didn't read the disc which I inserted. Besides the icon is not displayed on the 'My Computer' list.

Also, I recently had it formatted. The guy who did it said it wasn't working and he had to use an external disc drive to proceed with the format.
Re: A Malfunctioning Cd Drive by Abatakan: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2009
Yello,
(ls there any light on the cd drive?)start with the cables,swap the cables and if the cable are fine,are you confident about opening your pc?if you are ,remove all the cables attached to the drive remebering where they are attached to your motherboard,if that does not work,do you have another drive like dvd installed?if so you need to go to BIOS and find if any cd installed,from what you stated,if there is a another dvd,drive the cd is probably working as the master,which means the cd drive is mean`t to be slave and dvd drive is mean`t to be the master.Shame the guy that installed the XP did not figure it out.
Regards.
Abatakan.
Re: A Malfunctioning Cd Drive by Czarskit(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2009
Thanks a lot. . .but I'm not sure if I want to open my p.c. The light on it comes on though and it ejects anytime I use the 'Add Hardware' option on the control panel. . .but it doesn't read the disc I insert thereafter.

(1) (Reply)

Place Advert On Facebook, Twitter ,yahoo Ad & Google Ads For Just N3k/ Week / Iphone 3g No Service Problem / How Do I Clean Up My Drive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.