Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1194954 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ada4all: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2017
veryconcluded:

Hi Ada,

I tried using them but their price is ridiculously expensive, so i just dismissed them sharply. I can forward the forms to you, then you fill it and pouch the hard copy with a copy of your passport to a friend or relative in Nigeria to do it for you and scan back or pouch, it is far cheaper

Ok. Thanks for the info. I have the forms already. I think they are very expensive really. I will try and contact someone in Nigeria, Thank you so much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ada4all: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2017
veryconcluded:

Hi Ada,

I tried using them but their price is ridiculously expensive, so i just dismissed them sharply. I can forward the forms to you, then you fill it and pouch the hard copy with a copy of your passport to a friend or relative in Nigeria to do it for you and scan back or pouch, it is far cheaper

Hi Veryconcluded,

Do I scan the completed form with the passport photo attached or do i scan the completed form and passport photo separately to the person?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2017
Good morning all.
@Bellong and other gurus in the house.
Is it possible for my wife to be primary apllicant even if she will not be relocating to AU now as she has a very good job here in Nigeria.

She holds a masters degree in clinical pharmacy. So we can score higher points using her qualifications.

Kindly advise me.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nuelnuel: 11:47am On Mar 25, 2017
Ok. Thank you very much for the answer.
Alphadoor:

No You won't as you have not met the requirement. (2yrs minimum)

Kindly see below extract from their guideline.

Visit acs.org.au for clarity

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by veryconcluded: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
ada4all:

Hi Veryconcluded,

Do I scan the completed form with the passport photo attached or do i scan the completed form and passport photo separately to the person?

You will pouch the physical forms with your passport attached, and also a copy of your bio-data page to your person in Nigeria, i dont think your scanned copies will be accepted
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
ogbevireo:
Good morning all.
@Bellong and other gurus in the house.
Is it possible for my wife to be primary apllicant even if she will not be relocating to AU now as she has a very good job here in Nigeria.

She holds a masters degree in clinical pharmacy. So we can score higher points using her qualifications.

Kindly advise me.

Thank you.

In my opinion, it is not possible for the principal to still be here while the rest of the family is over there. This is because there's a minimum amount of time you must stay in Australia for your visa to be renewed.

I may be wrong though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ada4all , I scanned the completed forms and my passport biodata page.... A friend here also did the same... Different times, different police offices... So, yes, a scanned form is acceptable... Just make sure you get the fingerprinting procedure right, And scan with the highest resolution you can find.. I scanned at 600DPI..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
Vinsmuft:

In my opinion, it is not possible for the principal to still be here while the rest of the family is over there. This is because there's a minimum amount of time you must stay in Australia for your visa to be renewed.

I may be wrong though.

The madam can sure be the primary applicant. The PRs become independent once they are obtained by each family member. The madam would just need to validate her visa like other family members and ensures she's back in Australia before the initial 5-years expires (one expert on expat forum even said up to two days before expiry). In addition, if a couple dissolves their marriage after getting PR (even before activation), their PRs are still valid and independent.

This is what i gleaned from expat forum and I stand to be corrected.

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
OzyMigrant:

The madam can sure be the primary applicant. The PRs become independent once they are obtained by each family member. The madam would just need to validate her visa like other family members and ensures she's back in Australia before the initial 5-years expires (one expert on expat forum even said up to two days before expiry). In addition, if a couple dissolves their marriage after getting PR (even before activation), their PRs are still valid and independent.

This is what i gleaned from expat forum and I stand to be corrected.

Same here

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
Oh my God! I can't believe it! My Testimony!!!!

I received my grant yesterday, I didn't even know cos I only just applied (less than 2 weeks ago). Here are my timelines.

PTE; 25th July 2017 (S: 90, W: 90, L: 90, R: 90) - 20 points
Applied for vetassess advisory August 17th, 2016
Advisory outcome: September 20th, 2016
Submitted assessment: 6th October 2016 - (Assessed as a valuer)
Positive outcome ; 23rd January 2017 (About 15 weeks)
Medicals; 23 February 2017
Police Character Certificate; 24 February 2017
Submitted EOI (70 Points); 24th January 2017
Received invitation to apply for Visa (ITA); 1st Feb 2017
Submitted visa application and front loaded the following; 15th march 2017
(Transcript, Vetassess outcome, Form 80, Form1221, payslips, birth certificate, passport, statement of service, polio& yellow fever vaccination certificate, university certificate, police clearance, PTE result and CV)

Grant received; 24 march 2017

Date of first entry 24 February 2018.

Thank you so much guys, you have all been of tremendous help. I pray that you receive your positive outcome.

*pardon my typos na excitement

30 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Congrats Chidike.
Great news.
May such news never cease on this platform.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
chidike:

I received my grant yesterday, I didn't even know cos I only just applied (less than 2 weeks ago). Here are my timelines.

(Transcript, Vetassess outcome, Form 80, Form1221, payslips, birth certificate, passport, statement of service, polio& yellow fever vaccination certificate, university certificate, police clearance, PTE result and CV)

Date of first entry 24 February 2018. ( I will be spending christmas with my bro and his family in Adelaide), not moving till next year as I have an assignment in another country for my firm.

Thank you so much guys, you have all been of tremendous help. I pray that you receive your positive outcome.

Congrats broda from another mother

God is indeed powerful

Who is next?

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
Congrats @Chidike
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
chidike:

Date of first entry 24 February 2018. ( I will be spending christmas with my bro and his family in Adelaide), not moving till next year as I have an assignment in another country for my firm.

congratulations.....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nice one chidike,Fast grants these days. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
chidike:

Congrats bro!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Thanks guys!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
@Ogbevireo,

Ozymigrant is right. Your wife only need to activate the visa within the validity period and can return to Nigeria even from the airport. However, she needs to be back before 5 years

Meanwhile, if she read clinical pharmacy in her Masters, that means she is a pharmacist? Well, that is a long road.

What is your own occupation?

@Chidike,

Congratulations...

So you too get the PTE annointing and you have been silent all these while.. Diaris God ooo.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
chidike:

Date of first entry 24 February 2018.

Congratulations, Chidike. Enjoy.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
chidike:
I received my grant yesterday
Congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
I celebrate with you Chidike. Wish you greater achievements in Aussie.

@ozymigrant and bellong
Do you think that this "Your wife only need to activate the visa within the validity period and can return to Nigeria even from the airport. However, she needs to be back before 5 years" would be applicable in a 489 situation too? Though I acknowledge this is 4 years instead.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:22am On Mar 26, 2017
@ chidike, I felicitate with you on the early arrival of your grants, congrats in multiple folds, may you sow& reap in multiple folds in the land. Congrats bro, that PTE-A sha Wey you never even write& the results son land...
@ chief bellong; Chidike was the bringer of that 90 band anointing to this family house oh, followed by his twin brother Bnimz.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 5:58am On Mar 26, 2017
Congrats Chidike....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 6:21am On Mar 26, 2017
Congrats Chidike!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:27am On Mar 26, 2017
bro Jamson I sight you oh, your disciple don finish her assignment.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:43am On Mar 26, 2017
SegunWamiri:

Do you think that this "Your wife only need to activate the visa within the validity period and can return to Nigeria even from the airport. However, she needs to be back before 5 years" would be applicable in a 489 situation too? Though I acknowledge this is 4 years instead.

Yes, however, to get PR, as it is a pathway, she must reside and work in the nominated regional area for at least 2 years.

What I don't know is if the dependent can become the principal applicant to apply for PR after staying and working for 2 years.

@Mamajaz,

Ok

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by steroid: 8:28am On Mar 26, 2017
I nominated Supply and distribution Manager on the consolidated list which is my current position in my organization. I have 5 years experience in this position. The Australian institute of management which is the assessing authority requires that I should have a minimum of 3 subordinate managers reporting to me and 3 officers each reporting to the managers. It also requires that I report directly to the owners of the business. I do not meet any of these requirements. I meet other requirements listed. Do I stand a chance of getting a positive assessment from the authorities.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 8:34am On Mar 26, 2017
[quote author=chidike post=54943894]Oh my God! I can't believe it! My Testimony!!!!

I received my grant yesterday

congrats Chidike. That was fast. As you move forward, may God order your steps and speed up everyone's expectation in this journey.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2017
2016-2017 OCCUPATIONAL CEILING HAS BEEN REACHED FOR BELOW OCCUPATIONS.

My nominated 263111 is also affected. (now at stage 4 with ACS)

Crossroad things

..@everyone.. which way ....@bellong, @vinsmuft, @sunvick, @jameson, @bolaobby..

Alternatively you can consider VISA 190( State Nomination) except u want to wait till July when the SOL is reviewed for 2017/2018 PR program

SOURCE: https://www.anzscosearch.com/occupation-ceilings-2016-17/

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Thanks bro. This sounds encouraging. It would however be more interesting to find out that the bolded is also possible as my wife is currently more interested in doing business in Nigeria. Maybe she might change her mind by the time she beholds the beauty of Aussie. Lolz
bellong:

Yes, however, to get PR, as it is a pathway, she must reside and work in the nominated regional area for at least 2 years.

What I don't know is if the dependent can become the principal applicant to apply for PR after staying and working for 2 years.

@Mamajaz,

Ok
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
bellong:
@Ogbevireo,

@Chidike,

Congratulations...

So you too get the PTE annointing and you have been silent all these while.. Diaris God ooo.

Lol, thanks Chief, I shared my little experience oh.
piusford:

Congratulations, Chidike. Enjoy.
Bnimz:
Congratulations bro
SegunWamiri:
I celebrate with you Chidike. Wish you greater achievements in Aussie.

iceberg54:
Congrats Chidike....
jamson:
Congrats Chidike!

Thanks guys smiley
mamajaz:
@ chidike, I felicitate with you on the early arrival of your grants, congrats in multiple folds, may you sow& reap in multiple folds in the land. Congrats bro, that PTE-A sha Wey you never even write& the results son land...
@ chief bellong; Chidike was the bringer of that 90 band anointing to this family house oh, followed by his twin brother Bnimz.
Lol, thanks alot and amen.
[quote author=Prolivingproof post=54955462][/quote]
@prolivingproof Thank you, was surprised as well..9 days. smiley
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ada4all: 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bnimz:
Ada4all , I scanned the completed forms and my passport biodata page.... A friend here also did the same... Different times, different police offices... So, yes, a scanned form is acceptable... Just make sure you get the fingerprinting procedure right, And scan with the highest resolution you can find.. I scanned at 600DPI..

Hi. Thanks Bnimz.

Did u attach your passport photo to the form before u scanned it or you scanned the passport photo separately?

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.