Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:26 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1194808 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ejimogu89(m): 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
bellong:

Sorry bro, nothing I can do in your situation. You have to meet the requirements for assessment to get a positive assessment.

It a manager position. Logically, nobody starts employment directly as a manager except it is his father's company.

Please those quoting long posts should help others by "unquoting" them. It makes reading difficult especially when one need to scan through. Thanks

I understand ok could anyone suggest another occupation for mee based on my course of study biko, thinking about sales representative( industrial product) but requires special conditions to be sponsored... thanks in advance for advice
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bambizzle4k4556: 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
akinnawou:
First and foremost, I want to commend bellong for puting up a master piece in the intro to this new thread, it was very informative.have been a silent observer on this thread for a while now,I want to thank
@scrollmeout
@NNBB2012
@chukdee
@Manmeta
They have been of great support to me in my PR paroles.

I lodger my application to EA on the 11th of April this year,and the outcome came in early today 21st April 2016 I did the fast track one.I applied as a professional Engineer, but in the outcome letter, they said my qualification is equivalent to Engineering Technologist. And that my degree is equivalent to Australia Qualification Framework as bachelors degree. I want to know if this qualifies me to v the 15points.

I wrote IELTS last year, I had above the 6.0 band score but my score didn't fetch me points.however I did PTE jst last month on the 16th of match, result came out early the following day,17th march.
Listening 81
Reading 90
Speaking 84
Writing 80
As it is now, my total points accumulated
English test -20 points
Age-32----- 25 or 30 points,by end of November I wld b a year older, I really don't know which point to pick 25 or 30
Bachelors degree(elect/ elect engineering with telecommunications option--------- 15
Total points= 60 or 65 depending on age point
I want the dons in the house to clarify on the engineering technologist thing.
Thanks house..

Nice one
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Phlunter01:

Thank God for you. I also tap into this testimony in Jesus name
Amen, iyanu a de shele.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
majiouk2002:
Hello everyone, I have been asked by Engineer Australia to submit a Tax clearance certificate for a year of work experience I want to claim.

Can anyone please advice on what to do as I never paid tax during this period and therefore I don't have a tax clearance certificate.
Please family & friends come and help us here oh, nkechima, Utcheylee, others we dey beg o.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
@Tyosho,
Happy birthday.
Your post is very informative and inspiring.
What an eye opener!
God bless you and your family real good.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
I might have mentioned it once, but I'll say it again... I don't reply PMs from usernames I don't recognize... And the only way I'll recognize a username is if the person drops a comment on the thread..

The entire thread is made up of experiences... We'd like to have yours as well... It helps new people get information to read...

I think Justwise should close this thread soon and create a part 2.. I must admit 212 pages no be beans to read... smiley

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeolabilkis002: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
Well done house and God bless you all sirs and mas.

I have been with the thread from inception but so didn't seem to have seen anyone with only HND discuss occupation assessment.Pls help analyse my case here..

Age 34

Work experience. 4years in teaching.

H.N.D IN COMPUTER SCIENCE,Yaba Tech.

English. 20 hopefully.

I wish to nominate any I.T related occupation cos I have been doing some training and from what I saw or read so far I don't think I know someone with only HND in computer science can do.

Please advice me sir/ma
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
Congrats Tyosho.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
happy birthday to our amiable sister Titilola aya Osho, thanks for not forgetting the source.
You words are motivating.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
majiouk2002:
Hello everyone, I have been asked by Engineer Australia to submit a Tax clearance certificate for a year of work experience I want to claim.

Can anyone please advice on what to do as I never paid tax during this period and therefore I don't have a tax clearance certificate.

I assume you an employee of an organization where tax is deducted from source. If so, request for a Tax Identification Number (TIN) from your HR/employer. This is because if you went directly to the IRS, you would most likely be redirected back to your HR. I am not sure you can complete this process within a comfortable period of time.

Your pension statement could be an alternative. You could request a soft copy from your Pension Adminstrators.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
@ tyosho, Mamajaz herself don give you new name o! Mamajaz, how fam o and prep?
mamajaz:
happy birthday to our amiable sister Titilola aya Osho, thanks for not forgetting the source.
You words are motivating.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
toslad:
@ tyosho, Mamajaz herself don give you new name o! Mamajaz, how fam o and prep?
Pure my personal...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
Congrats to Chidike! Your PTE scores are neat!

Great to see Tyosho settling down so quick; all the best in Oz!

Congrats on scaling VETASSESS, Amazingraze; with a non-competitive occupation like yours, no need to waste time at all. Lodge immediately and get granted by next month!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 1:35am On Mar 30, 2017
Engineers in the house, I got this feedback from EA this morning and am left confused on the pros and cons of the options and how to proceed.

"As stated on page 29 of the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet, Work Experience needs to be "paid at the market or salaried rate for Engineering professional" your salary for both employments is well below the market rate for a Professional Engineer in Nigeria. You therefore have two options:
1) You can be assessed as a Professional Mechanical Engineer if you provide 2 new Career Episodes based on work conducted during your academic studies. In this case, none of your work experience can be recognised as Relevant Skilled Employment. Or,
2) You can be assessed as an Engineering Technologist based on the current submission. In this case your work experience can be recognised subject to the requested documents being provided.
Please state your preference. Please also note that as of the 27th of February 2017, Engineers Australia allows only one opportunity to address any shortcomings in applications. Therefore, your application will be finalised based on the information and/or documents provided in the next submission."

I was asked to provide tax certificate which I do not have although I already provided my pension statement.

I don't know if to be mad at, myself or the so called company I worked for.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 3:18am On Mar 30, 2017
iykedancastro:
Engineers in the house, I got this feedback from EA this morning and am left confused on the pros and cons of the options and how to proceed.

Hey, I didn't access work experience, so I can't tell much of an alternative to the requested documents. Just know that option two is much better than option one. Competition in.mechanical is even more than that of technologist. Keep that in mind while proceeding.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:18am On Mar 30, 2017
iykedancastro:
You therefore have two options:

I was asked to provide tax certificate which I do not have although I already provided my pension statement.

And with mctowel01 submission, I believe you want to claim points for work experience therefore, option 2 is better. They are both skill level 1 occupation.

Go to any inland revenue in your state, talk to the staff, they will calculate what you owe. You can pay and then get the certificate. Do not patronise the touts there!

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 7:33am On Mar 30, 2017
mctowel01:

Hey, I didn't access work experience, so I can't tell much of an alternative to the requested documents. Just know that option two is much better than option one. Competition in.mechanical is even more than that of technologist. Keep that in mind while proceeding.

Thanks for the tip bro, but i read that the ceiling for technologist has been exceeded for this year plus it is flagged too. Technologist would assure me an additional 5 points but i can only submit EOI for 190 pending policy change come july.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 7:37am On Mar 30, 2017
zanyzara:

And with mctowel01 submission, I believe you want to claim points for work experience therefore, option 2 is better. They are both skill level 1 occupation.

Go to any inland revenue in your state, talk to the staff, they will calculate what you owe. You can pay and then get the certificate. Do not patronise the touts there!

Zany.

Thanks Zany, but am currently in Sydney though MSA clearly states pension can suffice and i submitted both pension docs and bank statement.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Folatem: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2017
iykedancastro:

Thanks Zany, but am currently in Sydney though MSA clearly states pension can suffice and i submitted both pension docs and bank statement.

Draw the assessment officer's attention to this provision of the EA MSA booklet. Some guys here (I'm aware of two cases on this thread) did same.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 9:45am On Mar 30, 2017
majiouk2002:

I was asked to provide same document after submitting bank statements (reflecting salaries), pension statement from IBTC and payslips. I just told them i didn't have(I paid tax on all my earnings though, just I didn't have time going after the documents). I quoted the MSA booklet to them saying; bank or pension statements can be submitted in place of tax documents. My positive outcome returned the next day (on a Saturday sef).

I got the hint from someone on this forum too (May be Retto). Try search through my previous posts, I stated the exact page and line from MSA booklet to them.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 9:47am On Mar 30, 2017
Folatem:

Draw the assessment officer's attention to this provision of the EA MSA booklet. Some guys here (I'm aware of two cases on this thread) did same.

Your are right, that was me and probably Retto.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 10:06am On Mar 30, 2017
iykedancastro:

"As stated on page 29 of the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet, Work Experience needs to be "paid at the market or salaried rate for Engineering professional" your salary for both employments is well below the market rate for a Professional Engineer in Nigeria. You therefore have two options:
1) You can be assessed as a Professional Mechanical Engineer if you provide 2 new Career Episodes based on work conducted during your academic studies. In this case, none of your work experience can be recognised as Relevant Skilled Employment. Or,
2) You can be assessed as an Engineering Technologist based on the current submission. In this case your work experience can be recognised subject to the requested documents being provided.
Please state your preference. Please also note that as of the 27th of February 2017, Engineers Australia allows only one opportunity to address any shortcomings in applications. Therefore, your application will be finalised based on the information and/or documents provided in the next submission."

I never knew they check salaries against industry rate. Is there a way you can create a narrative that your experience in that company is internship (i don't know if there a limit to the number of internship years though)

Like in my case; In left NYSC in 2011 and started work immediately, meanwhile I did MSc between 2013-2014 (so I took a gap year from work as I had to travel out). Fast-forward to 2016, my total experience was around 4 yrs and I needed 5yrs to claim 10pt.

What did I do? I added my NYSC experience and called it internship and EA counted it as part of my experience making it 5yrs+.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Jamson! Jamson!! Jamson!!! Why is it now of all time you will not be reachable?

Ok folks....

Arrived Sydney, Australia yesterday at 16h30. Despite the long flights and several stops. It turned out to be a not so bad journey. Special thanks to iceberg54 for picking us up at the airport. Great boss, Ifexsco and lovely madam Ifexsco took me and wifey into their lovely home and for that I am forever indebted.

Thats not all ooo... In one single night, I met 3 of our great Nairaland ancestors: Manmeta, NNBB2012 and Ibiyemiara!!! Na sign say Aussie don pure for me be that. (only oldies like Mctowel01 go understand wetin I dey talk)

Still settling in gradually. Will give updates as they come...

My people, Australia fine oooo. Do quick and join us.

God bless everyone!!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Folatem: 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
jamson:

Ok folks....

Arrived Sydney, Australia yesterday at 16h30.

Thank God for journey mercies.
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
Awwwr...so nice..
Congrats Jamson..

Great support u have.
jamson:

Ok folks....

Arrived Sydney, Australia yesterday at 16h30.

God bless everyone!!!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks to the contributors Regarding my Tax clearance issue with EA. I tried to get a Tax clearance certificate from FIRS but i was told that they only do for companies and not individuals. I dont know if it is a good idea to get from LIRS because the company i worked for is located in abuja and not Lagos. Please I seek your advise on what to do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tesbie(f): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
bellong:

Tesbie,

Which immigration consultant is it and where is his office?

The issue is none of us can confidently say if the PGD and HND will be assessed as equal to an Australian Bachelor degree. Hence, very difficult to give a concrete and non-misleading advice.

If you have the money, you can only find out by taking the risk of assessment.

Goodluck.

Thank you very much for the feedback Sir Bellong.
The name of the consulting firm or so is New World Immigration
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
jamson:

God bless everyone!!!

we dey come!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
bellong:

Are you self employed?

This is actually a criminal offence. sad angry

Go to any inland revenue in your state, talk to the staff, they will calculate what you owe. You can pay and then get the certificate.

Thanks to the contributors Regarding my Tax clearance issue with EA. I tried to get a Tax clearance certificate from FIRS but i was told that they only do for companies and not individuals. I dont know if it is a good idea to get from LIRS because the company i worked for is located in abuja and not Lagos. Please I seek your advise on what to do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
jamson:

Ok folks....

God bless everyone!!!

Congrats again chairman. I go chat you up soon.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
jamson:

Ok folks....

Arrived Sydney, Australia yesterday at 16h30. Despite the long flights and several stops. It turned out to be a not so bad journey. Special thanks to iceberg54 for picking us up at the airport. Great boss, Ifexsco and lovely madam Ifexsco took me and wifey into their lovely home and for that I am forever indebted.

Thank God. Good to hear you had a good flight. Will join you in Australia although am going to Melbourne by May 18th.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
majiouk2002:

Thanks to the contributors Regarding my Tax clearance issue with EA.

You didn't answer my question. Are you self employed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.