Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1202685 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2016
Skilled employment assessment
CPA Australia’s assessment of your work history can be used to claim points for skilled employment. This is an optional component to the general skills assessment.

Criteria

Work experience or employment claims will only be considered if you receive (or have previously received) a positive skills assessment under your nominated occupation by CPA Australia.

CPA Australia will recognise employment that is:

assessed as closely related to the ANZSCO occupation you have received a positive skills assessment outcome for
undertaken after you have completed a formal qualification (or combination of qualifications) that is assessed as comparable to at least an Australian Bachelor Degree according to AEI-NOOSR and CPA Australia
paid and continuous for a minimum of 20 hours per week
Document preparation

Ensure that your testimonials are written on the official letterhead of your employer and include:

the exact period of your employment, including:
positions held
exact start and end dates
whether your positions were permanent or temporary
whether your positions were full- or part-time
your required working hours per week
the duties or responsibilities undertaken in each position
the salary you earned
the signature, name and position of the person who wrote the testimonial
the direct business contact number of the person who wrote the testimonial
Volunteer work and experience carried out as part of a qualification are not considered for skilled employment.

Statutory Declarations

If you are not able to obtain an employment reference on company letterhead, a Statutory Declaration outlining the reasons for this, may be considered. You will need to include third party documentation such as taxation certificates, employment contracts, payslips, a letter from a work colleague confirming your relationship and work duties, as well as any other relevant information that verifies employment.

Self-employed

If you have been self-employed, you should provide details of the nature of your business, your position, the type of work you did and how many hours you were employed by the business per week. You will also need to include certified copies of the following:

registration of your business name
practicing certificate
tax returns of first, a middle and final year (if relevant) of business operation
reference from two or more clients on letterhead, stating work done by your business and the time period your business was employed by the referee

Freece:

@omogeNg

Her B.Sc is in accounting from Madonna University.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 10:57am On Jul 15, 2016
I used a US Dollar mastercard that is linked to my domiciliary account. You will have to buy the dollars from black market - it is that bad but worth it.

sammywemmy:
Good morning Humanshado. Pls How r u paying for d visa fees.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thanks. I appreciate. Any particular bank?
Ibiyemiara:
Open a dorm account and apply for dollar MasterCard. It takes 7 working days. You will then buy dollar from black market to fund it.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thanks boss.
humanshado:
I used a US Dollar mastercard that is linked to my domiciliary account. You will have to buy the dollars from black market - it is that bad but worth it.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
GTB takes 6-7 days to process. I submitted my application for gtb MasterCard yesterday.

sammywemmy:
Thanks. I appreciate. Any particular bank?

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jidowu(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Good day house, I am currently a serving corp member in my mid 20's in Lagos. I studied estate management and do seek to leave for Australia, a dream have had since 2013.
i currently am working in a real estate firm I had my industrial training 3 years ago.

I want to be enlightened about ways I could secure visa to Australia having in mind I still want to get my masters in facility management when I get there, thou still a dream because of funds.

Your comments would be needed. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
I'll honestly urge u to go to the first page of this thread, read thru all the steps and go thru the links. And then where u get confused u can ask a specific question, someone will be delighted to help u out.
However, I advise u go for the PR route and then when u get there u can do ur masters.
jidowu:
Good day house, I am currently a serving corp member in my mid 20's in Lagos. I studied estate management and do seek to leave for Australia, a dream have had since 2013.
i currently am working in a real estate firm I had my industrial training 3 years ago.

I want to be enlightened about ways I could secure visa to Australia having in mind I still want to get my masters in facility management when I get there, thou still a dream because of funds.

Your comments would be needed. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jidowu(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
chuckdee13:
I'll honestly urge u to go to the first page of this thread, read thru all the steps and go thru the links. And then where u get confused u can ask a specific question, someone will be delighted to help u out.
However, I advise u go for the PR route and then when u get there u can do ur masters.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Olisedinma: 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
OmogeNG:

The way Accountant assessments go is, your qualification and employment are assessed seperately. So you can obtain a qualifications assessment only, and forget about getting a skilled employment assessment, as long as you have the compulsory units for Accountants on your transcript.

However, if you intend claiming points for work experience, then you work experience needs to be relevant to your nominated occupation. So you can't claim points under Accountant, based on Internal Auditor work experience.

Best is for you to assess as an I/E Auditor, and assess your skilled work experience to claim points.

@ OmogeNg
For clarity,are points claimed separately for skill and qualification? Suffice to say that I will get more points if both my skill and qualification are assessed,Abi?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, your urgent and honest response is needed here asap, i have HND Accounting/ACA and been working in bank as a CUSTOMER CARE/TRANSACTION OFFICER for over 7 years, and married with kids too. My question now is will it be advisable for me to apply through the Skilled Migration route (189/190) Migration Route or should i just go the student ( Student Visa) way, though not much funding available for the student route, planning to probably augument my finances with some work out there, if possible. Your candid and straight responses will be appreciated pls.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2016
K
Freece:
Hello house,am new to this thread,I have read through but still have this bone,so kindly indulge me if my enquiries seem dumb. My best friend is a chartered accountant here in Nigerian. She had her B.sc in 2003 and has been working as an internal auditor with a multinational firm after nysc in 2005 but became chartered in 2010. Question 1. She wants to be assessed by vetasses,do u think she will claim points for the full years worked?
Question 2. Will her 65 points get her a visa 189 given she's in the accounting circle(internal audit).
Question 3. Outside asking your bank to increase your daily limit,how else can someone pay for the vetassess fee for evaluation?
Cc:belong and other guru,kindly assist.
With regards to question 2,if there's anyway she can get more than 65 points as an accountant/auditor she should pursue it with all zeal.The last 65 points accountant invited by 189 was around Oct/Nov last year.
So there's a backlog from then and she's going to join the queue maybe Aug this year.

I have had 70points as external auditor since February and NSW has not even looked at my side.I reassessed with ICAA as general accountant since June and still yet no invite(the first round of invite happened on 6th July and mostly 75pointers were invited).
Even auditors there's no news about them been invited on that 6th.TBA is what Dibp put against the occupation as at 2days ago.

I would suggest though that you assess with ICAA as they tend to be quite lenient and you can assess multiple occupations with them.They assesed me positive with only a first degree from a state university.
I hear with CPA,you can only have one valid skill assessment with them.So if they assess you positive as auditor,you would need another body to assess you as accountant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2016
Olisedinma:

@ OmogeNg
For clarity,are points claimed separately for skill and qualification? Suffice to say that I will get more points if both my skill and qualification are assessed,Abi?

You don't need a work experience assessment, as long as you're sure your duties correlate with the job description for your nominated occupation. Remember you can only claim work experience gotten AFTER your deemed skilled date i.e the year you obtained whatever qualification you are presenting.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
dgr8est:

Yeah am aware

Family composition​ Minimum value of net
assets
Individual applicant​ AU$35 000​
Applicant + spouse​ AU$50 000​
Applicant + spouse + one (1)
child​ AU$60 000​
Applicant + spouse + two (2)
children​ AU$65 000​
Please provide a summary in Australian dollars for all
financial assets together with evidence of those
assets (for example, certified copies of bank
statements, share certificates, property valuations,etc
hello bros, I just got in this page now searching for Aussie POF, and my eyes went woah and I got speechless as I saw various amount for family sizes Hmm, this is quite on the high side and I believe it's higher than Canada's POF. Please I need answers from All Gurus in the house.
@Oga belong, chuckdee13 and others.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
^^^^^ What do you need POF for?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
hi, can anyone please help with my enquiry? Does the Engineering Assessment (EA) evaluate qualification and work experience, or just one of the two? I have read through the thread but still can't get my head around it. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
bellong:
^^^^^ What do you need POF for?
I came across that write up/reply and I needed an explanation and understanding.pls do correct and clarify me ok. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
joyuzo:
I came across that write up/reply and I needed an explanation and understanding.pls do correct and clarify me ok. Thanks
I wasn't sure if Australia immigration process includes Having and Showing POF?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Good evening my people.
Please do I need to notarize the documents for visa 189 application or coloured scan is acceptable?

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ibiyemiara:
Good evening my people.
Please do I need to notarize the documents for visa 189 application or coloured scan is acceptable?

Thank you

Colored scan is acceptable.You only need to notarise if using black&white

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thank you

tyosho:

Colored scan is acceptable.You only need to notarise if using black&white

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
joyuzo:
I wasn't sure if Australia immigration process includes Having and Showing POF?

No need for POF if gunning for the 189 visa.
You only need proof of funds if going for 190 and even at that not all states demand it.Some states require it,some don't.
It nothing to be worried about unless you're sure you skill is sponsored by a state that requires POF

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cynthized(f): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dresco: 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
Good Day Guys,

I am new on this forum.

I am a chemical engineer and I presently have my IELTS results. I intend to apply for skilled independent (Subclass 189). I am about to start the process of the Competency Demonstration Report. Please can anyone assist me with a format used for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Career Episode. Truth is I don't have any work experience as a chemical engineer.

Regards,
Remi
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by irondome: 12:58am On Jul 17, 2016
dresco:
Good Day Guys,

I am new on this forum.

I am a chemical engineer and I presently have my IELTS results. I intend to apply for skilled independent (Subclass 189). I am about to start the process of the Competency Demonstration Report. Please can anyone assist me with a format used for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Career Episode. Truth is I don't have any work experience as a chemical engineer.

Regards,
Remi

Visit Engineer Australia site for a comprehensive guide; and also google "Career Episode for Chemical Engineer" for a format.

It's going to be very difficult to write 3 different career episodes without work experience. How about your NYSC or 6-9months Internship? You may duel split your final projects into 2 (practical and the report writing) and try conjure a detailed career episode from each of them.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 2:01am On Jul 17, 2016
Assessment of educational qualification with Engineers Australia is mandatory.

Assessment of relevant work experience is optional.

Jer29v11:
hi, can anyone please help with my enquiry? Does the Engineering Assessment (EA) evaluate qualification and work experience, or just one of the two? I have read through the thread but still can't get my head around it. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by uzziii: 4:08am On Jul 17, 2016
tyosho:
K
With regards to question 2,if there's anyway she can get more than 65 points as an accountant/auditor she should pursue it with all zeal.The last 65 points accountant invited by 189 was around Oct/Nov last year.
So there's a backlog from then and she's going to join the queue maybe Aug this year.

I have had 70points as external auditor since February and NSW has not even looked at my side.I reassessed with ICAA as general accountant since June and still yet no invite(the first round of invite happened on 6th July and mostly 75pointers were invited).
Even auditors there's no news about them been invited on that 6th.TBA is what Dibp put against the occupation as at 2days ago.

I would suggest though that you assess with ICAA as they tend to be quite lenient and you can assess multiple occupations with them.They assesed me positive with only a first degree from a state university.
I hear with CPA,you can only have one valid skill assessment with them.So if they assess you positive as auditor,you would need another body to assess you as accountant.
Concerning accountAncy the occupational ceiling is high and the number of accountants that apply through skillselect is like 3 times the occupational ceiling made available. This is why the competition is high. And already the ceiling for accountants 2015-2016 is already filled and it is just mid year. This will tell you how competitive this discipline is.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by uzziii: 4:24am On Jul 17, 2016
tyosho:
K

For a better understanding on occupational ceiling please visit this link http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/22-june-2016-round-results. Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:42am On Jul 17, 2016
uzziii:

Concerning accountAncy the occupational ceiling is high and the number of accountants that apply through skillselect is like 3 times the occupational ceiling made available. This is why the competition is high. And already the ceiling for accountants 2015-2016 is already filled and it is just mid year. This will tell you how competitive this discipline is.

Actually 2015/2016 financial year has ended. It is a new year now 2016/2017.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2016
humanshado:

Thanks for your response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2016
humanshado:

I will need further clarity on how to attain maximum points. I have a BSc in Engineering from Nigeria (with no work experience) and an MSc in Environmental Mgt from the UK (with 5 years work experience in Process Safety/oil & gas). Please note that I will be applying for an Independent Points Tested Visa (189). As a preference, I want to nominate ANZSCO 233511 (Industrial Engineer) from the Skilled Occupation List because I have accrued substantial work experience in this field.

So, to get maximum points, do you advice I also get an assessment (via EA) for my relevant work experience? Or what is my best option?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:37am On Jul 17, 2016
^^^^ Assess your qualifications and work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 9:03am On Jul 17, 2016
bellong:
^^^^ Assess your qualifications and work experience.
Thanks for the prompt response Bellong...much appreciated! Just to be sure- you mean I should go for the CDR+Relevant skilled employment assessment $1030($AUD), right?

Lastly, I am aware that I must download and complete an appropriate summary statement. How would I know whether I should be applying for an assessment as a Professional Engr., Engineering Technologist or Engineering Associate?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.