Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203713 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 9:58am On Aug 26, 2017
@Blitzenkreig66, I got your Pm but couldn't reply.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2017
NNBB2012:

Congrats Bro. I really salute your boldness to approach EA for assessment.

The reason why he was assessed as 'Engineering Technologist' was because of his qualification that is not an Engineering degree. Normally, you can only get a 'Professional Engineer' if you studied at least Australian Bachelor degree equivalent with a WELL written CDR of Professional Engineers standard. All Nigerian Engineering degrees are eligible due to the 5 years degree course in Nigeria but where the problem lies is in the area of CDR.

I have seen all manner of CDRs and many positive outcomes. It may interest you to know that Bachelor degree in Science e.g Geology and then a Master degree in Petroleum Engineering with a well written CDR would get "Professional Engineer" assessment outcome. I have seen that. Also, a BSc Industrial Chemistry, two MSc degrees (Environmental and Chemical Engineering) and a well written CDR. Likewise, I know of BSc Food Technology degree and MSc Food Technology degree with a Positive assessment as 'Engineering Technologist'. Surprising too, I have seen a Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Engineering and a MSc degree in Environmental Engineering plus a CDR in Environmental Engineering who got a positive assessment as 'Engineering Technologist'.

So, your Engineering degree or what have you plus a WELL written CDR would earn you a 'Professional Engineer status'.

Hello bro,

Nice piece of observation.

Please, I'd like to know what you can say in my own case, I need to get it right before going in for assessment.

I have an ND, HND and BSc all in civil/structural engineering, with core work experience. I have 7+yrs post HND experience, and 2+yrs post BSc experience. With a good CDR, what do you think I'd get assessed for?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
@diggy4real, i couldn't reply back.--mailer daemon.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
oknee:
@diggy4real, i couldn't reply back.--mailer daemon.
It is regarding asset valuation, maybe you send your WhatsApp contact to diggy2gud@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 9:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
jayooh:

I have seen your pm but unable to reply due to failure notice blah blah blah. Would have loved to send u the full response from EA

Yeah, issues with PMs, drop your email address.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mozoe(f): 3:40am On Aug 27, 2017
Good day
I am a female
HND Architecture since 2007
Presently working with the government here in 9ja

I just found out that I won't be promoted pass level 14. I also found out so many things and I am fed up.

I want to leave Nigeria.
I want to go to Australia and pick up my life
No need playing second fiddle

I am 33
I have a 1yrplus child
I am married but my hubby has no job...So no support from him.

Pls I need sincere advise.
Should I go in as a student?
No one will pay anything for me, I will do all myself.
Should I apply for PR?
What will my HND with work experience as a customer care representative for 6 years do for me.
My work experience as an Architect is just 2years.

I so want to move with my child
And have my hubby join later. Or I move alone and have em join later. Or we all move together.

Please I need sincere help as I am a novice and have no one in Aussie except a friend whom I advised to move to Aussie and she was successful. Can't reach her again.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mozoe(f): 4:32am On Aug 27, 2017
312111 Architectural Draftsperson

Am good with autoCAD, revit, archiCAD, sketch up. And so many other software's.

Please who can help put me through
I am scheduled for PTE (Academic) in 2 days
Lemme know if I should go in as a student or on a PR as an Architectural Draftperson.

Please I need help
You can mail me on azoeyjisola@ gmail.com
Or whatsapp me on 07057 172998

Gracias

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:52am On Aug 27, 2017
Mozoe:
312111 Architectural Draftsperson

Please who can help put me through
I am scheduled for PTE (Academic) in 2 days
Lemme know if I should go in as a student or on a PR as an Architectural Draftperson.

Please I need help
You can mail me on azoeyjisola@ gmail.com
Or whatsapp me on 07057 172998

Gracias
I reckon you go for gold as an architectural draftperson

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mozoe(f): 5:01am On Aug 27, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

I reckon you go for gold as an architectural draftperson

Thank you so much.

Will I be needing PTE-Academic?
Or is there a special PTE to write as I see people needing 20poibts from PTE

I am a novice

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by JERRYMAG4(m): 5:04am On Aug 27, 2017
Azy123:
Congratulations!!!!

I have some questions:

1) Did you claim any work experience prior to date of award of your BSc and how many years is it.

2) Is your degree (or Msc if you have one) from Australia.

Thanks

No. I didn't claim any work experience prior to BSc
My degree is from Nigeria
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 5:34am On Aug 27, 2017
Mozoe:

Thank you so much.

Will I be needing PTE-Academic?
Or is there a special PTE to write as I see people needing 20poibts from PTE

I am a novice
Well, the 20 points is for immigration purpose. It increases your chances for an early invitation based on point system. In other words, go for gold.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 7:09am On Aug 27, 2017
Mozoe:
Good day
I am a female
Mozoe; you have done well and in my own opinion see suggestions below;
contact your assessing body once you figure out your odds;
312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson -EA/VETASSESS (At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications ,in some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.)
232111 Architect- AACA http://www.aaca.org.au/
232112 Landscape Architect- VETASSESS
312111 Architectural Draftsperson -VETASSESS 2 ( SC190,489 only: sponsored by Tasmania only)
You wouldn't need to claim points for your spouse if you can get 60 points or above.

1.I so want to move with my child And have my hubby join later. 2.Or I move alone and have 'em join later. Or we all move together
Answer:1. PR is often advisable cos you don't get benefits as a student and tend to pay more for child care, Medicare etc.
2. Moving to Australia alone now would cost you more later because dependent child visa takes minimum of 13months and the child has to be outside Aussie when visa is issued. applying together all at once may be expensive in terms of visa fees and all( AUD$1870 spouse and AUD$900 dependent child, Medicals and flight cost for spouse and child: NGN81,600 and NGN659k respectively) but you can make the cash back within a short time when you get in provided you aren't selecting jobs.
If you are assessing with VETASSESS you can dial in for a fee and do a pre -assessment before you turn in your application.
I leave the bulk of the analysis and recommendations to the experienced hands in the house (VETASSESS/ EA peeps).

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:36am On Aug 27, 2017
Alphadoor:

while this is very interesting. i suggest you endeavor to interpret the result more clearly

it should say something like " The following employment after November 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code."

The bolded is the indicator of the deduction.

Congrats on the +ve assessment
JERRYMAG4 awaiting your response sir/ma
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2017
If you are having problems with your pronunciation in speaking of the PTE-A

Do as follows;

Register a google account and sign into the chrome browser.

Talk and type!

In Google Docs, you can now simply talk for speech-to-text dictation if your computer has a microphone! You can even pause, issue a command, pause again, and resume dictating. Below, you will find some initial directions to get you started and some common commands that you may want to use. To see a list of all commands, check out this Help Center article or say “voice commands help” when you’re voice typing. A video overview appears at the bottom of this Tech Tip so you can see voice typing in action.
Start voice typing

Check that your microphone works.
Open a document in Google docs with a Chrome browser.
Click Tools > Voice typing. A microphone box appears.
When you're ready to speak, click the microphone.
Speak clearly, at a normal volume and pace (see below for more information on using punctuation).
When you're done, click the microphone again.

Note:

Your tone will tell the computer voice recognition if its a new sentence or continuation, if you keep seeing a small letter at the beginning of each sentence, check your intonation/accent.

https://www.smore.com/91m4v-voice-typing-in-google-docs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mozoe(f): 10:53am On Aug 27, 2017
lalaazo:

Mozoe; you have done well and in my own opinion see suggestions below;
contact your assessing body once you figure out your odds;
312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson -EA/VETASSESS (At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications ,in some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.)
232111 Architect- AACA http://www.aaca.org.au/
232112 Landscape Architect- VETASSESS
312111 Architectural Draftsperson -VETASSESS 2 ( SC190,489 only: sponsored by Tasmania only)
You wouldn't need to claim points for your spouse if you can get 60 points or above.

1.I so want to move with my child And have my hubby join later. 2.Or I move alone and have 'em join later. Or we all move together
Answer:1. PR is often advisable cos you don't get benefits as a student and tend to pay more for child care, Medicare etc.
2. Moving to Australia alone now would cost you more later because dependent child visa takes minimum of 13months and the child has to be outside Aussie when visa is issued. applying together all at once may be expensive in terms of visa fees and all( AUD$1870 spouse and AUD$900 dependent child, Medicals and flight cost for spouse and child: NGN81,600 and NGN659k respectively) but you can make the cash back within a short time when you get in provided you aren't selecting jobs.
If you are assessing with VETASSESS you can dial in for a fee and do a pre -assessment before you turn in your application.
I leave the bulk of the analysis and recommendations to the experienced hands in the house (VETASSESS/ EA peeps).

Thank you very
I will get a pre assessment.

Pls how long does it take from start to finish.
Like wats d range of time if I start today to when I could be granted visa
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:58am On Aug 27, 2017
Mozoe:

Thank you very
I will get a pre assessment.

Pls how long does it take from start to finish.
Like wats d range of time if I start today to when I could be granted visa
As it stands, I reckon 13 -16 months, Inclusive of waiting for assessment results, invitation to apply and ultimately the 189/190 processing time of about 11 months.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mozoe(f): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

As it stands, I reckon 13 -16 months, Inclusive of waiting for assessment results, invitation to apply and ultimately the 189/190 processing time of about 11 months.

Thank you very much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lusen(m): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2017
Mozoe:
Good day
I am a female

I just found out that I won't be promoted pass level 14. I also found out so many things and I am fed up.

I want to leave Nigeria.
I want to go to Australia and pick up my life
No need playing second fiddle

I am 33
I have a 1yrplus child
I am married but my hubby has no job...So no support from him.

Pls I need sincere advise.
No one will pay anything for me, I will do all myself.
Should I apply for PR?
What will my HND with work experience as a customer care representative for 6 years do for me.
My work experience as an Architect is just 2years.

I so want to move with my child
And have my hubby join later. Or I move alone and have em join later. Or we all move together.

Please I need sincere help as I am a novice and have no one in Aussie except a friend whom I advised to move to Aussie and she was successful. Can't reach her again.

Madam,

I hope you know ACA won't give you a positively accessment with your HND in Architecture. Fine, you might be accessed positively for an Architectural draughtperson for the 190 subclass, But the last time I check, only Tasmania sponsor the occupation and you will be extra lucky to get an invitation.

What are the qualifications of your husband? he might stand a better chance than you in the PR race.

I'm not an expert in ausee migration matters, but I feel the best bet for you is to come with a study visa alongside your husband. You can get your PR easily after two years of study if you play your game very well. Fine, Australia is an expensive place to study but you can do a smart thing by first coming to study a 2 yr program in a TaFe (lesser tuition) and you continue in a university after you get your PR. since alot of these TaFe courses are pathways that leads to a bachelors degree in universities.

Aĺl the best!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2017
Michaelamo:

Yeah, issues with PMs, drop your email address.

jodamath@yahoo.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Junnaid: 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2017
lusen:

Madam,

I hope you know ACA won't give you a positively accessment with your HND in Architecture. Fine, you might be accessed positively for an Architectural draughtperson for the 190 subclass, But the last time I check, only Tasmania sponsor the occupation and you will be extra lucky to get an invitation.

What are the qualifications of your husband? he might stand a better chance than you in the PR race.

I'm not an expert in ausee migration matters, but I feel the best bet for you is to come with a study visa alongside your husband. You can get your PR easily after two years of study if you play your game very well. Fine, Australia is an expensive place to study but you can do a smart thing by first coming to study a 2 yr program in a TaFe (lesser tuition) and you continue in a university after you get your PR. since alot of these TaFe courses are pathways that leads to a bachelors degree in universities.

Aĺl the best!

Mi Oga, ur response about tasmania got mi attention, pls is it that tasmania dont give ITA at all or its just difficult even if u av 75 or 80 points?
Secondly, the occupation am packaging for is facilities manager which is sponsored by NT, SA and Tasmania; hence what are my chances of been invited considering that if I get positive assessment from Vetassess I will be having not less than 75 points even after reduction of years of experience. Please just need input from you as many others have also contributed but they haven't cover this area. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
@lalaazo, I sent you a PM, kindly respond.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mozoe(f): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
lusen:

Madam,

Aĺl the best!

Thank you so much.

Hubby studied linguistics and French for BSC
Then public relations for masters.

Can I go as a student then hubby stays back to apply for PR?
Wat are the chances for us all to get visa on my studentship.
I was thinking of dropping my baby then come back to pick her up later but I don't know if it's a wide decision however if I and hubs will get visa we will carry her along.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crownnygold: 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
Please who can recommend a good course with prospect of getting PR in TAFE and how much is cn cost in total..... Website info aint concise i will really appreciate if someone can help out.... Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
Royal54:
@lalaazo, I sent you a PM,
Thanks
I have responded accordingly.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
lalaazo:

I have responded accordingly.

You have a mail, bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
bellong:

The choice is yours. Either you use your HND and assess as a civil engineering draftsperson or BSC for structural engineer. You can't use HND to get a positive professional engineer assessment.

Chief bellong, ozymigrant...Sorry I'm back again with my annoying questions. I just need to get it right, with out any conflicting information before facing EA, DIBP et al.

Based on our previous messages, I would like to use my HND for assessment, instead of the BSc. I am a bit confused, I don't want to shoot myself on the foot. I have 7+yrs post HND experience, and out of this 7yrs, 1.3yrs is my post BSc experience, employed as a structural engineer.
1. Do I go ahead with this years of experience, which has job description different from that of a civil engineering draftsperson or do I need to tailor it to match?
2. Also, can I use my 1yr post ND experience as well(i don't have any evidence to show on this experience?
3. If all the above, especially (No. 2) is possible, I will be going in via NSW nomination, with 60points. However, I'd be doing 55points. How do I fair in this regards?

Thanks brother.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
Alphadoor:

Did I read that right? visa 189

Hope never dies i guess

Congrats Royal

65? 8.5 months

Yes, hope never dies man... Anything can happen even for the guy with 60points nominating civil engineering draftsperson, and going in for 189... 0 chance of success ain't his final bus stop like you told him.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
jayooh:
Abeg, is it possible my assessor could be asking for only a rewritten summary statement or what, because that's the only part of the career episode that got a feedback. Who has been in this situation before? I mean getting feedback under the summary section but not being asked to rewrite any career episode in particular.

Do you rewrite all 3, do you just pick any 1 or 2 to rewrite, or do u just rewrite construct the summary statement only since that's where the feedback falls on?

See screens hot below

I'm a civil/structural engineer, I believe we can rub minds and sort things out. Mind?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2017
frank043:

I'm a civil/structural engineer, I believe we can rub minds and sort things out. Mind?
Welcomed idea
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NNBB2012: 1:26am On Aug 28, 2017
frank043:

Hello bro,

Nice piece of observation.

Please, I'd like to know what you can say in my own case, I need to get it right before going in for assessment.

I have an ND, HND and BSc all in civil/structural engineering, with core work experience. I have 7+yrs post HND experience, and 2+yrs post BSc experience. With a good CDR, what do you think I'd get assessed for?

Thanks

I think justice has been done to your concern in the previous posts.
Basically, your performance in English test would eventually determine which occupation to choose and qualification to use.
BSc Civil Eng=15points and Experience=0
HND CANNOT give you Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist status eventhough you will get 10points if you choose relevant occupation that requires Advanced Diploma and experience=10points.

I will advise you should go for your English test before you decide.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2017
Thanks for your response.

I'm still curious. Please check your assessment result very well.

The following employment after *month Year* is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to 26**** of the ANZSCO Code.

Also see the ACS summary of criteria. While your case may be different , It is better to be 100 % sure before claiming points to avoid overclaiming. And if you are 100% sure please enlighting us so other can benefit from it.

Cheers

JERRYMAG4:

No. I didn't claim any work experience prior to BSc
My degree is from Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.