Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204006 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ladaps2001: 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks @chuckdee13
chuckdee13:
Its been mentioned so many times on this thread that engineers dont need work experience to get a positive assessment. as recent as a few pages back.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
OmogeNG:

Why don't you add your ICAN to your qualification and save yourself the trouble? It is pretty much guaranterd with ICAN added.

Thank you OmogeNG. I really appreciate your response. I added the ICAN I just wanted reassurance that I am on the right track.

Thank you again.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
toslad:

Thank you OmogeNG. I really appreciate your response. I added the ICAN I just wanted reassurance that I am on the right track.

Thank you again.

Alright then. Just know that if you need your ICAN to be boost you, only work experience after ICAN will count. But if you don't, and your degree can stand on its own, then all you post-graduation relevant work experience will count.

Just remember to add your ICAN transcripts.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LadyGuinivere: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hello and good afternoon
Please is there any lawyer resident in Nigeria that has started and completed the process OR is in the process?
Please indicate or point me to the person so I can evaluate if its worth it before I start throwing scarce money upandan.
Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
Truth be told, its a difficult process not just for Nigerians but the world over for lawyers cos till now skill select shows no lawyer has been invited to apply. I don't think any lawyer is on this thread or the previous one (I might be wrong though). I know it takes time and u need to be registered in australia and may need to write some exams or so from the little I've heard bellong and NNBB2012 talk about it. But its not impossible which means its still doable. I think each state has their criteria not so sure about that but I'll suggest u go through www.lpab.justice.nsw.gov.au (its for NSW,I didn't see that of other states) to get the info required to start so u know what ur up against to make a decision while u wait for more enlightened people to give u more tips and advise.
LadyGuinivere:
Hello and good afternoon
Please is there any lawyer resident in Nigeria that has started and completed the process OR is in the process?
Please indicate or point me to the person so I can evaluate if its worth it before I start throwing scarce money upandan.
Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LadyGuinivere: 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
chuckdee13:
Truth be told, its a difficult process not just for Nigerians but the world over for lawyers cos till now skill select shows no lawyer has been invited to apply. I don't think any lawyer is on this thread or the previous one (I might be wrong though). I know it takes time and u need to be registered in australia and may need to write some exams or so from the little I've heard bellong and NNBB2012 talk about it. But its not impossible which means its still doable. I think each state has their criteria not so sure about that but I'll suggest u go through www.lpab.justice.nsw.gov.au (its for NSW,I didn't see that of other states) to get the info required to start so u know what ur up against to make a decision while u wait for more enlightened people to give u more tips and advise.
Thanks o!
I have gone thru that link and written to all the bodies. I have seen the courses I have to take. Jesu!
I actually am not daunted by it however na make the future no come bleak after I have wasted all ma money. That's why I wanted to see if anybody has actually gone thw whole 9 yards. I'll keep on waiting for a reply.
God bless!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by princessayinke: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hello all.
I am a physiotherapist with the hope of migrating to australia. Is there any physiotherapist in the house that can put me through how physiotherapy is assessed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by notindome(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ibiyemiara:
Rejoice with me my people

My timeline:
IELTS Result: W 7, S 7, L 7.5, R 8
Assessment lodged with EA (fast track) : 29/06/2016
Positive Assessment: 13/07/2016
EOI: 13/07/2016 60points visa 189
ITA: 20/07/2016
Medicals: 21/07/2016
Visa lodged (189): 21/07/2016
Documents Uploaded (All documents including medicals, police certificate, forms 80 and 1221): 22/07/201
Visa Granted: 16/08/2016 (Direct Grant)

Congratulations Engineer.
Pls, Can you give out your cdr report you submitted to EA? I would appreciate it greatly to use as a template for mine.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Thanks o!
I have gone thru that link and written to all the bodies. I have seen the courses I have to take. Jesu!
I actually am not daunted by it however na make the future no come bleak after I have wasted all ma money. That's why I wanted to see if anybody has actually gone thw whole 9 yards. I'll keep on waiting for a reply.
God bless!

Lady,

whatever you read on their website is the real deal. It is a long process for lawyers and medical professionals.

Alternatively, look through the occupation lists if you can find alternate occupation to get you down here and you can complete the process at cheaper fee.

Are you married?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tnot(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
notindome:

Pls, Can you give out your cdr report you submitted to EA? I would appreciate it greatly to use as a template for mine.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tnot(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
notindome:

Good idea bro.
I have 1 cdr ready based on my final year project. Now thinking of how to put the remaining 2 together, from SIWES and 1 year IT.
I'm nominating civil engineering draftperson.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:11am On Aug 20, 2016
I have attached a document from VETASSES which has detailed explanation and additional requirements to getting a positive assessment from the body.

If your occupation is assessed by VETASSES, read the attached document for your good to prevent asking unnecessary questions.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LadyGuinivere: 5:17am On Aug 20, 2016
bellong:

Lady,

whatever you read on their website is the real deal. It is a long process for lawyers and medical professionals.

Alternatively, look through the occupation lists if you can find alternate occupation to get you down here and you can complete the process at cheaper fee.

Are you married?
Yes I am married. And He also qualifies but he has refused to be bothered.
Pray tell, which alternate occupation can a lawyer who has banking experience put? The other options are musical instrument player which I have never been employed as. I just play for recreation.

Do u know if its possible to just buy the text books and read and take the exams? The tuition no be here o!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
bellong:
I have attached a document from VETASSES which has detailed explanation and additional requirements to getting a positive assessment from the body.

If your occupation is assessed by VETASSES, read the attached document for your good to prevent asking unnecessary questions.
thanks bellong I've scanned through the document. it is like the rules have changed. some occupation require just a year of relevant experience.
will this list affect SOL. and point calculation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes I am married. And He also qualifies but he has refused to be bothered.
Pray tell, which alternate occupation can a lawyer who has banking experience put? The other options are musical instrument player which I have never been employed as. I just play for recreation.

Do u know if its possible to just buy the text books and read and take the exams? The tuition no be here o!

What is his occupation?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
WinningSun:

thanks bellong I've scanned through the document. it is like the rules have changed. some occupation require just a year of relevant experience.
will this list affect SOL. and point calculation.

I don't understand your question. It has nothing to do with points calculation. This is only a guide for skill assessment with VETASSES.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 11:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Hello and good afternoon
Thanks and God bless

Welcome LadyG.My rosemodels on the U.S. birthing thread.
I wish I was a lawyer.I would have lovingly provided all the info you required. cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LadyGuinivere: 12:03am On Aug 21, 2016
tyosho:

Welcome LadyG.My rosemodels on the U.S. birthing thread.
I wish I was a lawyer.I would have lovingly provided all the info you required. cheesy
Noooo. Na 'rowmodel' I be grin thanks.

@bellong he runs an interior decor, furniture making outfit. I begged him to try the carpenter and joiner, e no gree
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:12am On Aug 21, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Noooo. Na 'rowmodel' I be grin thanks.

@bellong he runs an interior decor, furniture making outfit. I begged him to try the carpenter and joiner, e no gree

You probably need to ask him why he is refusing. Even if you were not a lawyer, I wouldn't advice you go ahead with any processing without mutual agreement on migration.

Ask him why he is refusing to do it. It could be, he doesn't believe it will sail through..

Does he have any technical qualification in joinery or related occupation?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 21, 2016
bellong:

I don't understand your question. It has nothing to do with points calculation. This is only a guide for skill assessment with VETASSES.
i thought this list have replaced the the SOL and CSOL list
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2016
Hi guys!

I've applied and paid for vetassess advisory, 18 working days to go. Though I'm still interested in knowing if the advisory service will reduce the time I'll have to wait when I apply for the assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebimarian: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Remtol:

Please I am also new here. I have read a lot over some hours now. Please I want to start the process but my point on 189 with my current IELTS band 7 will only give me 50 points. I think I need to take the PTE Test first to earn more point. I have HND and BSC Accounting and MBA and have both accounting and banking experiences. How do I verify my certificate and experience.
Many thanks.
I'm still a newbie o......but u can check Beginning of the thread, u will see links on how to get your certificates assessed.... But have u done your PTE exams...pls reply
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebimarian: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
toslad:

Thank you again.
Help toslad, I just have my bsc in accounting, do I stand a chance with the assessment office
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
chidike:
Hi guys!

I've applied and paid for vetassess advisory, 18 working days to go. Though I'm still interested in knowing if the advisory service will reduce the time I'll have to wait when I apply for the assessment.
it will surely reduce the time when u apply for your full assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hello guys. I am presently working on my cdr and career episode.

So so tasking...

On another note, how do I pay for the assessment by engineers australia and how much are we looking at in Naira ?

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
U sound like u r d first to write cdr.laffs.bros, read d ea website, all dese info dey dere. Make effort and dig for dis basic info. Cos, rili, dis info is basic.
Guitarlife:

So so tasking...

On another note, how do I pay for the assessment by engineers australia and how much are we looking at in Naira ?

Thanks...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by STOWHY: 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
chidike:
Hi guys!

Helo CHIDIKE.how u doing...we are in d same profession...and am about sending mine to vetasses too. can we pls talk in private....thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikol(m): 12:19am On Aug 22, 2016
Hello All,

Can someone please confirm to me which of the assessing body I will need as an HND graduate in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Not too sure which of these two will be my assessing body- Engineering Technology or TRA. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 22, 2016
Guitarlife:

So so tasking...

Thanks...

Questions like this frustrate people that are willing to share tangible information here...

Are you expecting us to study the MSA booklet on your behalf to show you the payment methods?

Do you also expect us to call your bank to find out your Mastercard spending limits and current exchange rates?

If you aren't careful, no one will respond to your concerns anymore. This is pure mental Laziness, With all due respect bro.

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 22, 2016
mikol:
Hello All,

Can someone please confirm to me which of the assessing body I will need as an HND graduate in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Not too sure which of these two will be my assessing body- Engineering Technology or TRA. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I am not so sure and I'll advise you enquire from EA via email ASAP.. Cheers bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 22, 2016
deleyi20:

Questions like this frustrate people that are willing to share tangible information here...

Are you expecting us to study the MSA booklet on your behalf to show you the payment methods?

Do you also expect us to call your bank to find out your Mastercard spending limits and current exchange rates?

If you aren't careful, no one will respond to your concerns anymore. This is pure mental Laziness, With all due respect bro .

shocked
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 9:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Thank you @ bellong for this post. Please for the occupations that has nec means "not elsewhere classified" written beside them what does that mean
bellong:

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.