Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:41 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1195121 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mannimakerjnr: 9:01am On Dec 05, 2017
Thanks @Bornlegend smiley
bornlegend:

Thanks man for the insight. Yes, chemical engineering is better. Just try to streamline your duties to that of the ANZcode for Chemical engineering and you will be fine. Even for the career episodes, just as Bellong stated, you can use those elements that relates to chemical engineering to write it. They are in a way connected in some areas. If done well, it will be successful definitely.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tuteso: 10:00am On Dec 05, 2017
Toslad, pls what body did you assessed with? Also do you know of anyone Unilorin that got positive assessment?

Hope you didnt use ICAN that might have led to the degree.

Thanks in anticipation.

toslad:
Area74, my school is tier 2 too (Olabisi Onabanjo University) I don't think the assessing bodies for Accountant look at the tier thing if your courses are actually in sync with what is required. You never know till you try.

As per associate qualification being able to get into the pool for Accountant, I truly doubt as the minimum is Bachelors. Even those of us with positive assessment outcomes have been waiting since April (in my case).

[quote author=area74 Degree.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettysussie: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2017
toslad:
Area74, my school is tier 2 too (Olabisi Onabanjo University) I don't think the assessing bodies for Accountant look at the tier thing if your courses are actually in sync with what is required. You never know till you try.

As per associate qualification being able to get into the pool for Accountant, I truly doubt as the minimum is Bachelors. Even those of us with positive assessment outcomes have been waiting since April (in my case).

Since April! How many points do you have. Did you get points for spouse? I'm just considering other ways to boost points. All the best to us all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fobak203(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2017
I need assistance with this enquiry. I would like to know if this would fly for Engineers Australia, because after reading the guide and checking with ECUK, I am stilll unsure if I would get positive assessment from EA with:

BSc (Physics) - Nigeria
MSc (Metallurgy and Materials Science) - Nigeria
MSc (Advanced Engineering Materials) -UK

Note: Both MScs are courses taking by Materials Scientist and Engineers all over the world.

My thoughts, since a lot of consideration are been given for highest qualification, even though my background is not engineering, do I stand a chance to be positively assessed by EA.

Abeg, make una help me talk put for this matter. God bless you ALL.

If not you can please hint on the best assessing authority for such funny combinationof mine.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mcstan18(m): 11:52am On Dec 05, 2017
bellong:
@Mannimaker,

Your only option is Engineering technologist.

@Mcstan18,

If your English test is very recent and appeal date has not passed, I think you should appeal your writing and speaking scores.

External auditor is assessed by three accounting bodies and I believe they have some course contents they require you to have in your education before being granted positive assessment. I don't know if they do experience in lieu of qualification.

What you can do is to go the website of these bodies to check their requirements.
Alternatively, you can align your experience to that of a mathematician.

Thank you for your response @belong. There isn't the possibility of appealing at the moment.
2. Do you mean my work experience has to be in sync with my academic qualification before I can get a positive assessment? We know this is usually not the case in Nigeria where people who studied Pharmacy and Engineering work in banks and teach Nigerian languages in secondary schools. Does this imply that such persons don't stand a remote chance of migrating to AU? My degree is in mathematics(pure & applied) and I do not think there's much direct relationship it has with finance/accounting/auditing (except for a few courses in optimization and probability theories). My findings revealed that the assessing bodies are CPAA, IPA, CAANZ but it was written as "CPAA or IPA or CAANZ" which contradicts what you stated above "assessed by three accounting bodies", except I understood it wrongly.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2017
Thank you prettysussie. Spouse has HND (estate valuer) and the assessor is vetassess! Currently on 65 points so trying to get 20 points from English. You know Accountants are somewhat 'endangered'. So na to keep on trying English tests o.

Thanks sis for the interest.

[quote author=prettysussie post=62996824][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
There is nothing contradictory bro. It is just either of the three. Either CPAA or IPA or CAANZ. I assessed with CAANZ for instance while praiseisgood did with CPA. So you can go with IPA. [quote author=mcstan18 post=62999027]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mcstan18(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
toslad:
There is nothing contradictory bro. It is just either of the three. Either CPAA or IPA or CAANZ. I assessed with CAANZ for instance while praiseisgood did with CPA. So you can go with IPA.

Thanks toslad but how many years of experience have you got and what was your course of study in the university? Are they related?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by area74: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
toslad:

@TOSLAD

Thank you very much for the clarification. I will definitely give it a trial. As for the EOI, have you also considered State Nominations? The hustle for the Accountants is real. We are not even sure if our occupation will be removed from the list in the next window since it was recently flagged.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kooledge: 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
majiouk2002:

I'm sorry sir. Please resend the email.

good day bro. pls how do i go about pte registration? registered on their site, tried to pay with my mastercard but its declining my card. kindly help me plsssss
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ezilytina(f): 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
koleefem05:
I did not use any special material other than what has been shared in this platform. Ieltsbuddy.com, ieltsliz, ieltsmini, e2language etc...there’s a thread on IELTS on NL...you might want to ask there.
https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here/96

OK tanx a lot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettysussie: 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
toslad:
Thank you prettysussie. Spouse has HND (estate valuer) and the assessor is vetassess! Currently on 65 points so trying to get 20 points from English. You know Accountants are somewhat 'endangered'. So na to keep on trying English tests o.

Thanks sis for the interest.

I just did IELTS last saturday, hopefully to get 20 points. If not, i might have husby write IELTS and assess his credential, just that VETASSESS is so expensive. My mind is out of this country. I dont even listen to local news again cos its full of sad news. All the best to us. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
mcstan18:

Thanks toslad but how many years of experience have you got and what was your course of study in the university? Are they related?

The assessment is done in line with what you have previously studied. You may use ICAN or ACCA(I believe you have them) for assessment if your first degree is not accounting. The assessing body looks at your education and check if it is commensurate with the Australian standard. The assessment system is hinged on the premise that you have a prerequisite education for the occupation you are being assessed on.

Alternatively, you could prepare your Job description in line with the responsibility of a mathematician as found in the ANZSCO code. e.g Establish data requirements, collate, analyse and make projections on the Value Added Tax returns or something along that line

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by charlie111(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
mannimakerjnr:

Hey @charlie111, could u pls let me have either a link or samples of CDR's especially for chemical or production? Thanks
\

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BznTUgIfmjS6NHFmcVlyeFB5a2c?usp=sharing
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
mcstan18:

I guess what everyone has been trying to say is this...since your degree is in Mathematics, access as a mathematician..prepare your job reference letter to align with that of a mathematician rather than an accountant. Read the JD for that and let your job reference letter align with that of a mathematician.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2017
Any ITA today ?
cc zanyzara
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
Yes o I have and still waiting for outcomes. All hands are definitely on deck. Accountants plenty die. I even assessed as External Auditor just in case. I am positive though.

[quote author=area74 post=63001338][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sis no be only you o. I stopped listening to local news loonnnggggggg ago. Vetassess is not just expensive, you have to be extremely careful to be sure his qualification and skills are in alignment o. I dread that name anyday. It will end well for us.

prettysussie:
I just did IELTS last saturday, hopefully to get 20 points. If not, i might have husby write IELTS and assess his credential, just that VETASSESS is so expensive. My mind is out of this country. I dont even listen to local news again cos its full of sad news. All the best to us. Cheers.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Yes I studied Accounting in the university and work in an Accounting related job role.

mcstan18:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Obyroli: 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
hello people.
I need your advice on this.
I have a degree in international studies and diplomacy ,I taught history during NYSC(with my law degree). plz what occupation can I nominate with international studies.
I need your advice. Thank you.
Gurus in the house ,make una reason my matter.Abeg
Nobody wants to answer me. It's not fair
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mcstan18(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
trastar:

I guess what everyone has been trying to say is this...since your degree is in Mathematics, access as a mathematician..prepare your job reference letter to align with that of a mathematician rather than an accountant. Read the JD for that and let your job reference letter align with that of a mathematician.

Thank you for your response @trastar. I think I can conjure up something good since I worked with a multinational and my roles there really cut across various areas that require mathematical ingenuity.

If that's all there is that might pose a problem, will it be safe to conclude that I can initiate the process?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tuteso: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
@toslad please support with response. Thanks quote author=Tuteso post=62995646]Toslad, pls what body did you assessed with? Also do you know of anyone Unilorin that got positive assessment?

Hope you didnt use ICAN that might have led to the degree.

Thanks in anticipation.

[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by femmoy(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
toslad:
Yes o I have and still waiting for outcomes. All hands are definitely on deck. Accountants plenty die. I even assessed as External Auditor just in case. I am positive though.

please how much did the assessing body charged u? im just curious as am seeing EA charging up to $1000
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by area74: 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
toslad:

@TOSLAD

When you applied for the assessment with CAANZ, did you apply with ICAN and was your transcript sent directly to CAANZ by OOU or perhaps how did you go by the application process as well as the naira equivalency of the assessment fee.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fobak203(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
Please someone should help a brother in need?
fobak203:
I need assistance with this enquiry. I would like to know if this would fly for Engineers Australia, because after reading the guide and checking with ECUK, I am stilll unsure if I would get positive assessment from EA with:

BSc (Physics) - Nigeria
MSc (Metallurgy and Materials Science) - Nigeria
MSc (Advanced Engineering Materials) -UK

Note: Both MScs are courses taking by Materials Scientist and Engineers all over the world.

My thoughts, since a lot of consideration are been given for highest qualification, even though my background is not engineering, do I stand a chance to be positively assessed by EA.

Abeg, make una help me talk put for this matter. God bless you ALL.

If not you can please hint on the best assessing authority for such funny combinationof mine.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
mcstan18:

Thank you for your response @trastar. I think I can conjure up something good since I worked with a multinational and my roles there really cut across various areas that require mathematical ingenuity.

If that's all there is that might pose a problem, will it be safe to conclude that I can initiate the process?

Before you proceed. Mathematician is a skill level 1 job. So you need to have studied a 4 year course in a tier one Uni or 5 years in tier 2 uni. It will help if you clarify -what school and how many years was your course of study.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Wiseoldman: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
trastar:

Before you proceed. Mathematician is a skill level 1 job. So you need to have studied a 4 year course in a tier one Uni or 5 years in tier 2 uni. It will help if you clarify -what school and how many years was your course of study.

Hello,

What are the consequences of the university tier level and university course years.

My profile for ur advice:

Mechanical engineering, 5 year course in LASU. I know ill be assessed by EA. Please advice if any the consequence of the combination of my university, course and study years.

Should i expect to get Austrailian equivalent bachelor or associatr degree
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mcstan18(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
trastar:

Thank you again trastar. School is University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and duration of course is 4 years. What's the expected implication/outcome please?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
Yes I added my ICAN transcript but I am not sure if it was considered because it wasn't mentioned in thr assessment outcome. CAANZ accepts colour scanned documents or notarised My school didn't have to send a copy. I assessed since early in the year so whatver rate I used then is no longer applicable since rates are low now. Please go through the website to get updated information.

Thank you.

area74:

@TOSLAD

When you applied for the assessment with CAANZ, did you apply with ICAN and was your transcript sent directly to CAANZ by OOU or perhaps how did you go by the application process as well as the naira equivalency of the assessment fee.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
Alphadoor:
Any ITA today ?
cc zanyzara
It seems the ITA is for only accountants. There will still be another draw.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
Obyroli:
hello people.
I need your advice on this.
I have a degree in international studies and diplomacy ,I taught history during NYSC(with my law degree). plz what occupation can I nominate with international studies.
I need your advice. Thank you.
Gurus in the house ,make una reason my matter.Abeg
Nobody wants to answer me. It's not fair
Anybody?? Any idea??

CC alphadoor;belong;trastar;spyroxy1

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
mcstan18:

Thank you again trastar. School is University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and duration of course is 4 years. What's the expected implication/outcome please?

Pls who knows what Tier UNN is?
If it's not a TIER 1, you might have to nominate another occupation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.