Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203895 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Misoke:
I give glory to God...Make una follow me thank him!!

Now let me not beat about the bush too much cos God has been too Good!

Timeline:

1st IELTS attempt;---June 24th LSRW 8,7,7.5 and 6.5( needed superior scores so i tried again)

2nd IELTS attempt;---August 3rd LSRW 8.5,7.5,9 and 7 (still needed superior scores badly to be sure..)

1st skill assessment - sometime in July--negative angry

(professional ICT content was their reason...i did not know i must package fully according ANZCO JD,i was using the JD i was given at work which didn't quite satisfy them.lol..so i came here and cried out.Some of you here know the story.I had to re strategize/re package with the help of great minds here.I faced alot of hurdles oh...but let me not bore you cos of time)

2nd assessment(review) - sent on 7th sept---got a positive outcome by oct 18th (with one CO contact)

Somethings happened of course like gathering extra docs for review etc..no need to yarn that part..aluta continua tongue

preparation for PTE started oh...I used E2 language my people..Jay is a genius..i wasn't quite understanding the Indian lady cos of her accent.I read alot too so that was no problem but i did more academic reading from websites like sciencedaily etc..looked through PTE academic collocation list when bored..tried to make my kids read to me like broadcasters so i will have opportunity to correct them,before MR will think ayam mad grin #agbayamummy

Anyways..
7th Nov--PTE Taken
8th Nov--Mail on results confirmation don show(coldsweat)...I got 85 in listening and 90 in the rest ( cool
so i gave a shout to my padi @alphadoor, zoew etc

(20 points mi ti pe cool ..I updated my EOI sharply, withdrew the 190 for Vic and the seperate EOI for Tasmania(dont ask me why i had up to 3 EOI cos the hustle was real)...anyway i left NSW cos it was too busy at work for me, will do that later.

Same 8th Nov---went for lunch got back and there was my ITA sitting nicely in my email shocked shocked

Had to sit still for a minute cos my heart was about bursting through my chest.hahaha...i expected it soon but whaaat!....less than 24hrs?...it just has to be God

I want to salute @bellong for starting this thread...its been informative,insightful,funny...hahahaha....@alphadoor and zoew...una too much in a too much way o...they encouraged me so much..make una chop laptop kiss

tongue

The real journey begins...

Please guys hold on!...if you need superior scores please do not be discouraged..try again.It will be worth it in the end

Let me stop waxing poetic jor..i know some people are already tired and sleepy from this epistle of mine.

Love you all for reading! wink wink

Well done bros.did it mean that you never make single spelling mistake and pronunciation error and grammar error in those ones that you had 90 throughout.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
Anatano:
Hi All, I have been a regular follower of this thread since I came across it through google. I have learnt quite a lot here from the myriad of questions and answers. I would also like to acknowledge lots of beautiful minds here – belong, mctowel, bnimz, spiroxy, mamajaz, zany to name but a few.
Though am still waiting patiently for my ITA, I thought of sharing my experience with English exams.

I started my journey early this year, and have written 3 IELTS exams. I was able to achieve at least 7 across all bands on the second attempt after which i evaluated my credentials with CPAA. But then I needed more points to stand a chance for ITA under ANZCO 221111, so I did the third IELTS on 9Sep17, but it didn't turn out as expected. I had L=8, R=7.5, W=7, S=7.5 so 20points seemed elusive.

However, before the outcome of my third IELTS i was skimming through previous posts on this thread when I came across the part where @bnimz mentioned getting 90 on all bands in PTE. It inspired me to be frank. At this point i had known about this thread for around a month, but I wasn't following with keen interest. I wish I was, perhaps I would've had the 20points much earlier.
So I did a little research online and finally decided to go for PTE on 19Sep17 as a backup plan, since it proffers a more objective alternative to attaining the 20points from language. As it turned out above, IELTS wasn't good. Though PTE wasn't either, but the result gave me hope. My first PTE on 19Sept17 came out as L=90, R=81, S=78, w=90. You can imagine how heart-rending this result was, just one point to hitting superior points. Infact, at a time I thought Pearson did it on purpose. But then I gave it another try on 27Sep17, score was L=90, R=72, S=70, W=90. Worse than the previous, you’d say, but I learnt an invaluable lesson from this. So, I put in for another one on 03Oct17 and result was L=90, R=89, S=90, W=90. Now I will tell you what I discovered in the speaking.

In my first attempt, I had just a few hesitations or pauses here and there during describe image and retell lecture. And I spoke continuously with some speed all through the test, cause of another candidate’s loud voice behind me. However, on the second attempt there was no hesitation, false start or any other form of error, but then the result was bad. Reason, I was trying to game the system. I spoke slowly in the read aloud, so my pronunciation was better, but then I spoke at a faster pace in other sections. Apparently, the system monitors your pace all through the speaking exam, and any change is taken for speech at an uneven pace which lowers your fluency scores. To achieve a high score in PTE speaking, aside from avoiding hesitations, repetitions, and false starts, you need to speak continuously and maintain the same pace across all the speaking sections. Another thing I did was, for describe image and retell lecture, I included at least a sentence as conclusion.

Do not be carried away by the read aloud speaking section of the PTE exam, you would get about 30secs to prepare, this should tell you something. The preparation time is to familiarize yourself with the text, so when it’s time to start reading, you have to be fast, not rushing through anyway, but then you have to be continuous so you can achieve that “assimilation and deletions appropriate to continuous speech” of PTE that is ascribed to native-like score under the pronunciation rubric. This can be clearly observed when you listen to newscasters on BBC or CNN. You would notice how fast they speak as they read from the teleprompter before them.

As for the retell lecture, my strategy was to listen attentively to the lecture (I did not write anything – my style). Focus was on the lecture. I was writing down keywords in my first and second attempt as advised by several blogs and videos I saw, but when I sat down to understand myself before the third attempt, I realized putting my focus on listening works best for me. After listening, I then spoke with the understanding of the topic. This enhanced my fluency as i was able to relate the talk as though I was telling a friend about a movie I saw.

For describe image, I employed e2language’s style of title, x-axis, a few points from the graph, chart or diagram and conclusion. Please see e2language videos on YouTube for this. Remember, always add a conclusion or implication to your response.

Repeat sentence is quite straight forward. Just try to develop your short term memory. In my opinion, please do not write down the sentence. Just focus on listening and repeat as you heard; same stress patterns and rhythm.

For answer short questions, please look up wenbo.tv, the site has a lot of practice questions. This part requires familiarity with the mode of responding. I guess most people do well in this section because they are probably things you come across every day.

I’ll stop here for now; this is already getting too long.
Here are a few sites that helped me during my preparation:

www.wenbo.tv/Practice-V3/home.html (has lots of practice materials)
www.coursera.org/learn/interview-preparation/lecture/fB5fE/using-phrasing
www.englishlistening.com

Well done bros.did it mean that you never make single spelling mistake and pronunciation error and grammar error in those ones that you had 90 throughout.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:48am On Dec 10, 2017
@wapu,

You can't be compelled to get married as long as you can proof your relationship.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 10, 2017
bellong:
@wapu,

You can't be compelled to get married as long as you can proof your relationship.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:02am On Dec 10, 2017
ebere272:
hey zany about Engineering Manager I applied to AIMS to be assessed because I have about 12 years of experience.has anyone been assessed by them,can I get ita with 60 points from this field

Cc
Bellong
If you meet AIMS requirements you will get positive outcome. Although 60points is the minimum for an ITA but getting one depends on some EOI selection criteria. Read this for more info.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebere272: 7:35am On Dec 10, 2017
zanyzara:

If you meet AIMS requirements you will get positive outcome. Although 60points is the minimum for an ITA but getting one depends on some EOI selection criteria. Read this for more info.

Zany.
thanks. Zany
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Itissettled3: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
@ebere272, for AIMS they have high requirements to be assessed as a manager. We assessed and got a negative. Reasons given was that I should have at least 3 managers reporting to at least 3 managers who are reporting to me.
Also as a manager you should be reporting to the ED or MD.
Study theit requirements well

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebere272: 5:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
Itissettled3:
@ebere272, for AIMS they have high requirements to be assessed as a manager. We assessed and got a negative. Reasons given was that I should have at least 3 managers reporting to at least 3 managers who are reporting to me.
Also as a manager you should be reporting to the ED or MD.
Study theit requirements well
hey thanks for ur comment
-but how long till u got the assessment?
-My hubby has 3 managers reporting to him and about nine supervisors reporting to the manager
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 11, 2017
This should lift our spirits at least. I’ve seen a lot of people gone into hibernation cos of DIBP’s inconsistencies lately. Let’s be strong people. We’ll all get there

The skillselect results from 9th November 2017 have been collated and DIBP have created a webpage for them to be published to at last.

So results should be "released" shortly for that round at least.

If they do not also publish the results from the 22nd November then it is unlikely they will publish December total invitee numbers. We expect though that there were around 200-500 in the 6th December round. And so it is likely to be a similar low number for the second December round. Probably on the 20th Dec 2017.

Source: Iscah
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eooshing: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2017
Please I just join this thread and wants to migrate to Australia .how do I go about it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
Do yourself a favor by reading pages 0-10 of this thread
eooshing:
Please I just join this thread and wants to migrate to Australia .how do I go about it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eooshing: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please am new on this thread. I do I go about for Australia migration
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
koleefem05:
This should lift our spirits at least. I’ve seen a lot of people gone into hibernation cos of DIBP’s inconsistencies lately. Let’s be strong people. We’ll all get there

The skillselect results from 9th November 2017 have been collated and DIBP have created a webpage for them to be published to at last.

So results should be "released" shortly for that round at least.

If they do not also publish the results from the 22nd November then it is unlikely they will publish December total invitee numbers. We expect though that there were around 200-500 in the 6th December round. And so it is likely to be a similar low number for the second December round. Probably on the 20th Dec 2017.

Source: Iscah

Lol @ hibernation.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:11pm On Dec 11, 2017
eooshing:
Read from page 0
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by patani(m): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hello Guys,

Currently I have 8 years experience in IT system analysis and I was told ACS will remove 4 years because it’s a foreign experience. How true is this ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
patani:
Hello Guys,

Currently I have 8 years experience in IT system analysis and I was told ACS will remove 4 years because it’s a foreign experience. How true is this ?

foreign how?..what did you study?is it an ICT major?
in my case 2years were removed because my degree was a major in ICT (electronics and computer eng)...

you should focus more on ensuring you present your jd well to tally with the anzco code you are nominating. it's still thier prerogative anyway if to deduct 2 or 4yrs...

good luck!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by patani(m): 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Misoke:

foreign how?..what did you study?is it an ICT major?
in my case 2years were removed because my degree was a major in ICT (electronics and computer eng)...

you should focus more on ensuring you present your jd well to tally with the anzco code you are nominating. it's still thier prerogative anyway if to deduct 2 or 4yrs..
good luck!

Thanks for your response. I studied Electronics and Electrical Engineering. With IT experience in banking industry.

Also, my ielts is 7.5 all through but I selected Canada when registering. Does that mean I can’t use it for Australia ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by isabigguy: 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nice one... Pls I am still not getting it clear. I am a civil Engineer with more than 8yrs experience and my field s highly required.. I am also a reg members of Nigeria society of engineers and coren too in view.. Pls how do I start I need a guide on this.. I m happy this platform s created... Pls u can help me by send to my mail.. How to kick start.. Pizevbekhai@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
patani:

Thanks for your response. I studied Electronics and Electrical Engineering. With IT experience in banking industry.

Also, my ielts is 7.5 all through but I selected Canada when registering. Does that mean I can’t use it for Australia ?

U can use it for any purpose so far it's still valid
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
oknee:

For NT, my friend borrowed money from people and printed out the statement the next day. Nt asks for about evidence of 15k aud cash( not sure) and then asset value of a large sum. My friend got a valuer to access his land, car and other valuables and inflated their worth. He got the nomination with no further questions asked.

@Oknee,please can you send me the contact details of the registered estate valuer in the East that helped your friend valued his properties.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
NEWS & UPDATES
OFFICE CLOSURE
During the festive season, VETASSESS offices will close from Friday 22 December 2017 and reopen on Tuesday 2 January 2018.
http://www.vetassess.com.au/
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
hello everyone,
Please do i need to provide proof of funds for subclass 189 0r 190 for a family of 4.if yes how much or where can i find information regarding required funds,

many thanks for your response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:18am On Dec 12, 2017
koleefem05:
NEWS & UPDATES
OFFICE CLOSURE
During the festive season, VETASSESS offices will close from Friday 22 December 2017 and reopen on Tuesday 2 January 2018.
http://www.vetassess.com.au/
GSM Public Relation Officer. Wendon

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mannimakerjnr: 3:25am On Dec 12, 2017
eooshing:

Do yourself a favor by reading pages 0-10 of this thread as my colleague said and you will know all about it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zinger15: 4:27am On Dec 12, 2017
hello house, please i need your help. i have a first degree in public administration but i have only worked as a journalist, up to six year now. what profession can i nominate for and would it reduce my points because I chose a different career path. thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 5:46am On Dec 12, 2017
Good Day everyone, please I need advice on this, my first degree is on economics, now want to study masters in information technology in Sydney. Please, will I be able to get positive assessment after my two years studies with just masters in information technology,or I must have a background in information technology.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by uchey(f): 7:49am On Dec 12, 2017
@ praiseisgood

Thank you so much!

God bless you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:58am On Dec 12, 2017
mikeade7:
hello everyone,
Please do i need to provide proof of funds for subclass 189 0r 190 for a family of 4.if yes how much or where can i find information regarding required funds,

many thanks for your response.

189, you don't need POF
190, it depends on the state sponsoring you..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2017
patani:

Your degree isn't in ICT, it also definitely not ICT major neither can it be closely related to your nominated occupation. ACS will remove 6 years and you will definitely need to write RPL.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zinger15: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2017
hello house, please i need your help. i have a first degree in public administration but i have only worked as a journalist, up to six year now. what profession can i nominate for and would it reduce my points because I chose a different career path. thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by patani(m): 10:02am On Dec 12, 2017
trastar:

Your degree isn't in ICT, it also definitely not ICT major neither can it be closely related to your nominated occupation. ACS will remove 6 years and you will definitely need to write RPL.

Geez! 6 years? Wetting go come remain. What is RPL please?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by patani(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2017
patani:

Geez! 6 years? Wetting go come remain. What is RPL please?

Okay. Can my Masters in Information Technology make ACS not to reduce my years of experience

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.