Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204109 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vickyuche(f): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
lakola:
Good day everyone, just wanted to let the house know that I got a positive assessment (Agricultural Scientist) from vetassess as at this morning.
It took 9 weeks and some days, had assessor contact. I want to appreciate @belong for his help, @josh for guiding me through this phase, @koleefem05, @segunwamiri, funbi and everybody that has contributed directly or indirectly. I want to say God bless you all. Love forever
1 year work experience
LU 5 years
B.Agriculture (Animal Science)
Congratulations bro.
Pls can I send u a pm. I'm trying to get assessed under this category too
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
Alphadoor:
HAHAHHAHAHAH grin grin grin grin

omo you bad gan ooo @TRed
no forget to ensure one of your neighbor router na HomeAffairs

"""""Q. What did the OSPF router say to the other OSPF router ?
A. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. """""""

[quote author=TRed post=64694753]

Oga mi, na to route my way enter Oz before the 2019 madness o.

I say make I configure this route 25.15.10.10 to see if my hosts go connect for Aussie. grin

I dey feel una...network engineers.com!

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2018
TRed:

Oga mi, na to route my way enter Oz before the 2019 madness o.

I say make I configure this route 25.15.10.10 to see if my hosts go connect for Aussie. grin

E don connect already IJN..

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 12:05am On Feb 04, 2018
Misoke:

E don connect already IJN..

A big AMEN!!! Thank you very much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 1:30am On Feb 04, 2018
My fellow Nigerians,
I commend everyone for the keen spirit and Goodwill.
One way or the other,you folks have contributed to my success; consciously or otherwise.

This is my 4th Month in Australia as a migrant (189) and I must say it's one of the most thoughtful decisions I have ever made asides getting a spouse.
With the permission of my ogas I would like to drop the full gist/ timeline in the other room.

However, a simple breakdown goes thus:
Arrived Melbourne 10/10/17
Got my Professional job 23/10/17 without aussie local experience/ driver's licence.
Got my first paycheck 08/11/17(the rate is grin)
Currently working in Sydney on a major capital Metro project.
I give God all glory and honour......

PS: for those still wondering and pondering about the distance and uncertainties; a piece of advice mate# " there are no guarantees in life, but if you dare to conquer your fears,you shall excel beyond your imagination".

23 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 1:48am On Feb 04, 2018
vickyuche:

Congratulations bro.
Pls can I send u a pm. I'm trying to get assessed under this category too
No problem
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elothaddi(m): 4:08am On Feb 04, 2018
Nice of you to share your little experience but if I may ask what's your field ?

lalaazo:
My fellow Nigerians,
One way or the other,you folks have contributed to my success; consciously or otherwise.

This is my 4th Month in Australia as a migrant (189) and I must say it's one of the most thoughtful decisions I have ever made asides getting a spouse.
With the permission of my ogas I would like to drop the full gist/ timeline in the other room.

Got my Professional job 23/10/17 without aussie local experience/ driver's licence.

PS: for those still wondering and pondering about the distance and uncertainties; a piece of advice mate# " there are no guarantees in life, but if you dare to conquer your fears,you shall excel beyond your imagination".
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 5:56am On Feb 04, 2018
elothaddi:
Nice of you to share your little experience but if I may ask what's your field ?
Surveyor/construction/Civil engineering/EPCM

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2018
lalaazo:

Surveyor/construction/Civil engineering/EPCM

Congratulations!!!

Oya go drop the full gist biko for the other room biko. cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
lalaazo:

Mind a PM bro? Also a Civil/Structural Engineer, with Sydney strongly in mind. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elothaddi(m): 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
Thank you for your response.

[1quote author=lalaazo post=64767259]
Surveyor/construction/Civil engineering/EPCM[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
frank043:

Mind a PM bro? Also a Civil/Structural Engineer, with Sydney strongly in mind. Thanks
Melbourne is the next big thing now in terms of major capital projects Melbourne Metro coming up in less than 6 months time; by 2020 there would be no underground works in SYD for another 4 years .That is not to say there wouldn't be other construction projects. But tunnelling or underground industry is like the new oil in Australia ( worth 3bn aud$ ).

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hi Alphadoor and Azy123 please I'm having a little challenge with ACS.

They just replied my application recommending I change my anzco code to ICT engineer.

I applied for developer programmer which is what I do now but I was an ICT engineer.

I applied through the rpl route.

What's the consequences of changing my anzco code besides the money?

Do I have to submit new references?

Will it affect the no of years I should be expecting?

Its not on Sol list and th NSW isn't nominating it cry what do I do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dapova: 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
bornlegend:

Hello Obi24,
Kindly assist with the equivalent value in Naira monthly?

@bornlegend, hnmmm, that seem to be around N18.6m.

Dear Obi24, thanks for the response. I'll really like to have you mentor me on this if you dont mind. Just some brief guides here and there to assist me on this. I will appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
18.6million naira per Annum... He asked for monthly salary... That is about 1.5M monthly.... However, don't look at it with Naija eyes... Cos cost of living is much higher.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
Been a while since I showed up here... Glad to see the ministry is moving forward... As for updates, I got my first professional job the 4th week after arrival...

Its a field engineer job. So there's a lot of driving, flying and living in hotels involved all fully funded by the company ... I'm currently typing from Brisbane Airport in fact... Sharply come do some work for Queensland ...... I digress....

Considering the fact that I had just one year experience after graduation before coming here,, this is a huge step up for me...

Keep hope alive guys... It will all work out fine in the end.

Cheers

15 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dotzok: 7:03am On Feb 05, 2018
lalaazo:
My fellow Nigerians,

Fantastic. More blessings bro. Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:09am On Feb 05, 2018
wapu:
Hi Alphadoor and Azy123 please I'm having a little challenge with ACS.

They just replied my application recommending I change my anzco code to ICT engineer.

I applied for developer programmer which is what I do now but I was an ICT engineer.

I applied through the rpl route.

What's the consequences of changing my anzco code besides the money?

Do I have to submit new references?

Will it affect the no of years I should be expecting?

Its not on Sol list and th NSW isn't nominating it cry what do I do?

I want to go ahead and guess that one of your reference letter has your role as "ICT Engineer" and your RPL probably buttress that role also. the software role is new and probably insufficient. with ACS all roles must equal nominated occupation

is it ICT support engineer " 263212 that was advised?

Changing your anzco code to ICT Support Enigneer means no 189 or 190 (as an offshore applicant ..
You will only be eligible for visa 489 Southern Australia.

is this also @kayvutton
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 9:13am On Feb 05, 2018
dapova:

@bornlegend, hnmmm, that seem to be around N18.6m.

Dear Obi24, thanks for the response. I'll really like to have you mentor me on this if you dont mind. Just some brief guides here and there to assist me on this. I will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks man
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by donrabii: 10:40am On Feb 05, 2018
Please, how feasible is getting an iTA with 60 - Chemical Engineer for subclass 189?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2018
Alphadoor:

I want to go ahead and guess that one of your reference letter has your role as "ICT Engineer" and your RPL probably buttress that role also. the software role is new and probably insufficient. with ACS all roles must equal nominated occupation

is it ICT support engineer " 263212 that was advised?

Changing your anzco code to ICT Support Enigneer means no 189 or 190 (as an offshore applicant ..
You will only be eligible for visa 489 Southern Australia.

is this also @kayvutton

What do you advice I do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by candycush(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2018
Itissettled3:
Good morning. Please i have some questions. In assessing as a valuer via Vetasses. I worked with a firm in the designated profession between 2010 to 2013 which falls within the last 5 years as required by vetassess however from 2013 till date, I am working in a totally different profession, will this affect my assessment?

Kindly advice me. Thanks a lot.
Pls i Sent i a mail. Kindly respond. Tnks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alore: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
bellong:
@Ugonology,

It is possible to use your final year project to write CDR as you said you did geotechnical analysis.

However, the problem lies with pure geology that you studied. I believe Engineering geology course was the only possible related course you did in your undergraduate syllabus. To get positive assessment in academic qualification, I want to believe EA may want you to have your degree in geological engineering or geotechnical engineering even civil, where you do a lot courses relating to geotechnical.

If EA have advisory service, you may try it first.

Hi Bellong,
Thanks so much for the great enlightenment work you're doing on this forum. My case is a little similar to Ugonology. I have HND in Geological Engineering but I have been an IT/telecom professional since 2005. That's about 13 years of IT/Telecom experience including Field Engineering role in a multinational telco. Do you think I can have a very good outcome with Engineers Australia assessment under Telecom Technologist or Telecom Field Engineer or Professional? Thanks for your time sir. God bless you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by taradan: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
lakola:
Good day everyone, just wanted to let the house know that I got a positive assessment (Agricultural Scientist) from vetassess as at this morning.
It took 9 weeks and some days, had assessor contact. I want to appreciate @belong for his help, @josh for guiding me through this phase, @koleefem05, @segunwamiri, funbi and everybody that has contributed directly or indirectly. I want to say God bless you all. Love forever
1 year work experience
LU 5 years
B.Agriculture (Animal Science)
Congratulations bro. Am also doing the same thing
Would need your guidance sir.
I would like to send you a personal mail. Thank you sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
donrabii:
Please, how feasible is getting an iTA with 60 - Chemical Engineer for subclass 189?

Based on the current trend, it is invisible grin (not feasible) at the moment.

however you have options of 190 and 489

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
wapu:

What do you advice I do?

awaiting your response?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by emmanjo: 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2018
@ Mechanical Engineers in the house.
I need help with review/critique of my Career Episodes before engaging EA.
Consultants in the house willing to help please...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hi wapu,

You can start by answering the question

"is it ICT support engineer " 263212 that was advised?"

Or ICT system test engineer

I know someone who was in the same shoe last year. she decided to accept it even though it was not sponsored by NSW at that time she lodged EOI. She got nominated on stream 2, NSW.

So it is really in your hand.

If you dont mind the money , I think you should accept it first ( you have something to hold in your hand). Then do a review by submitting updated reference letters that would be in line with the ANZSCO you really want. Since your RPL was is already successful , your review will be successful as well as long as you do it right with correct Job description.

wapu:

What do you advice I do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2018
Azy123:
Hi wapu,

You can start by answering the question

"is it ICT support engineer " 263212 that was advised?"

Or ICT system test engineer

I know someone who was in the same shoe last year. she decided to accept it even though it was not sponsored by NSW at that time she lodged EOI. She got nominated on stream 2, NSW.

So it is really in your hand.

If you dont mind the money , I think you should accept it first ( you have something to hold in your hand). Then do a review by submitting updated reference letters that would be in line with the ANZSCO you really want. Since your RPL was is already successful , your review will be successful as well as long as you do it right with correct Job description.

Hi Azy123.

Sorry I'm just replying.

Yes 263212 was advised.

That means it's possible to be nominated by a state that isn't sponsoring your skill?

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.