Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204176 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Noreal: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2018
korlahwarleh:
Good day everyone.
Please I need your help. I submitted my assessment to EA on 8th of January with fast track (I understand the fact that the fast track service was
What would you advise I do now?

All you need to do is to wait patiently or send them an email to confirm receipt of the new info you provided
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 7:15am On Mar 01, 2018
Feels good to be back. thanks to the peeps (@mamajazz, @spyroxy1 etc.) that intervened on my behalf. thanks @justwise.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by FCCA2012: 8:16am On Mar 01, 2018
bellong:

It is dependent on the assessing body. To claim partner's point, the partner must have a positive skills assessment.

@bellong thanks
I assessed with ICAA as a general accountant and he is also an ACCA affiliate and we will want to use ICAA for his assessment. Though, I am aware that ICAA also assesses only qualification BUT my doubt is if he MUST assess his working experience before I can claim partners point ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by boombabe: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2018
good morning everyone, Pls my husband just received a positive assessment from ACS
Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science from Igbinedion University has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a Major in computing.
Your Postgraduate Certificate from Middlesex University completed has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Graduate Diploma with a Major in computing
his work experience was not deducted,and they didnt award a point either for job experience,they just listed the years he worked.Gurus i need help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2018
korlahwarleh:

Thanks. Before they sent the email, it was showing "assessment in progress", when they sent the email, waiting for me to send my scores, it changed to "waiting for applicant's response". When I sent the scores and uploaded the receipt, it changed back to assessment in progess and it has not changed since then.

If this is what's delaying your EOI update, send them an email immediately . If not, wait for another another one week to do that while you hustle for more points.

all the best bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2018
majiouk2002:
Feels good to be back. thanks to the peeps (@mamajazz, @spyroxy1 etc.) that intervened on my behalf. thanks @justwise.

You are most welcome bro. Thanks Justwise, we shall all uphold that mantle of moderatorship cheesy cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by boombabe: 10:37am On Mar 01, 2018
boombabe:
good morning everyone, Pls my husband just received a positive assessment from ACS
Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science from Igbinedion University has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a Major in computing.
Your Postgraduate Certificate from Middlesex University completed has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Graduate Diploma with a Major in computing
his work experience was not deducted,and they didnt award a point either for job experience,they just listed the years he worked.Gurus i need help
@azy123 please reply

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 11:23am On Mar 01, 2018
For the experience look for a statement similar to this

"The following employment after June 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code."

A month and a date must have been stated on the assessment result as in the bolded above. Calculate from that month till the last day your husband stop working and that is the number of months or years.

AQF Graduate Diploma with a Major in computing this is 15 points

https://www.aqf.edu.au/aqf-levels

boombabe:
@azy123 please reply

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2018
Replied

ford705:

thanks for your response bro...

MCSE X2 (Cloud Infrastructure and Server Infrastructure) = 9/28/2016 and expires in 2019
Bsc(Electronics & Computer Technology) UNICAL = 6/7/2013
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2018
IT assistance is not in Australia ANZSCO so we will need to look for something to nominate.

lets look at your points first.

Age = 30 points ( you are less than 33)
English = 20 ( highest possible)
Qualification = 10 ( HND acquired in 2017 i.e aqf diploma or advance diploma depending on the school)

Total point without experience = 60 points

With the current trend 60 points is not even close to being enough for ICT professions on 189. but you can explore 489 while you try to increase you points

Your best bet to give you some opportunity of claiming experience point is not to rely on your HND for positive assessment(your HND is Diploma with ICT major, see the ACS summary of criteria attached) but to use RPL (recognition of prior learning) but this also depends on your age.

ACS will deduct 8 years of experience. But the good part is that experience from the day you turned 18 years is acceptable whether part time or full time but it must be more than 20 hours per week.

So,

If you are up to 29 years you can claim 3 years of experience ( 18 years + 8 years ACS will deduct + 3 years experience for points). If you are more than 29 yrs you can claim more experience points.

jimohabdo:
Good day all,
@bellong and other gurus... i just concluded my HND last October 2017. Although, i was working full time and studying on a full time bases as well after reading through the trend, i notice job experience is post qualification. i have five years working experience already, i want to know if i should use my ND qualification to apply because with my ND my work experience is covered, and also want to know National Diploma point.

Age - 30 points
English - Awaiting result
Qualification -

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by simia(f): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2018
boombabe:
@azy123 please reply
Please keep us informed on the outcome, preparing my documents for assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by boombabe: 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
Azy123:
For the experience look for a statement similar to this

"The following employment after June 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code."

A month and a date must have been stated on the assessment result as in the bolded above. Calculate from that month till the last day your husband stop working and that is the number of months or years.

AQF Graduate Diploma with a Major in computing this is 15 points

https://www.aqf.edu.au/aqf-levels

thanks for the reply,i really appreciate. The following employment after June 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (system analysts) of the ANZSCO CODE.

my hubby is 30 years old ,point 30
english 10
education 15
experience i guess 1year and 8months
they deducted 4yrs
hubby wants to retake english test,and we want to go for state nomination for system analyst,i went thru the state nomination and I am confused on the requirement and the only feasible ones are New south Wales and victoria,should we retake the english exam? or forget about it nd nominate new south wales? do you mind if i pm please.......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
PM

[quote author=boombabe post=65467091][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aussy4life: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
@ Bellong is it advisable to send a mail to Home affairs requesting for visa update? or i should just keep mute and wait .

if yes do you or anyone have an idea how to go about it?

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
aussy4life:
@ Bellong is it advisable to send a mail to Home affairs requesting for visa update? or i should just keep mute and wait .

Thank you.

Although they will give you the generic response of it is still under processing, there is no harm in contacting them. If you are lucky to get a cheerful one on phone, you may know if it is being delayed due to security check.

I will advice you call than email
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
aussy4life:

if yes do you or anyone have an idea how to go about it?

Thank you.

how long have you lodged an application and waiting?...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
Congratulations @ Sproxy1.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
Please I need a sample of organisation chart used for application with vetassess. Please if you assessed with vetassess and got a positive reply kindly respond. I need it urgently. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
To all those awaiting Assessments/ITA/English/Grants, keep the faith burning. Don't get weary. It will surely come.

God bless

cc: Bellong, Phlunter, Mamajaz

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aussy4life: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
4 months and 5days today cry

Misoke:

how long have you lodged an application and waiting?...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aussy4life: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
Congratulation..... dancing on your behalf grin

[quote author=teewhysafe post=65469195]Finally, its our turn to testify.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Neks001(f): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
[quote author=teewhysafe post=65469195]Finally, its our turn to testify.

Received Grants for myself and Hubby by 12:39am, 1st March, 2018.

Timeline below:

Conceived Plan to relocate: September, 2016,
Assessment for Agricultural Scientist: Nov 2016
First PTE: 86, 86, 87, 76; December, 2016
Second PTE: 90, 90, 90, 78 January, 2017
Negative Outcome: January 2017
Reassessment for Agricultural Consultant: Feb, 2017
Positive assessment; March, 2017
Third PTE: 80, 77, 76, 74; March 2017
Fourth PTE: 90, 86, 77, 72; April, 2017
IELTS: 8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7; April, 2017
Fifth PTE: Cant even remember the scores ; May, 2017
Sixth PTE: Finally 20 points; June, 2017
ITA: Sep, 2017
CO Contact: November, 2017 requesting for police certificate for damaged passport and proof of relationship with spouse
Grant: 1st March, 2018

Congratulations...Go and prosper in Oz....I'm tapping into this testimony.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2018
teewhysafe:
Finally, its our turn to testify.

CO Contact: November, 2017 requesting for police certificate for damaged passport and proof of relationship with spouse

hearty congratulations!!!....more testimonies await you there!

whatt?!!! shocked shocked....perseverance is 110% here oh!..6 times!

What do you mean by ITA: Sep 2017?..that was the month you lodged your application right?what date? (hope you do not mind my asking?lol)
dates helps with our forecasting somehow cool cool cool
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
aussy4life:
4 months and 5days today cry

Okay dear(you applied last week in september or early october?)..just hang in there and trust God!..coming sooner than you know wink wink

You will testify!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Casumugha: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
spyroxy1:

Please send me a pm
i would like to join the PTE WhatsApp group also, please how do I go about it. Av written it about 5 times all to no avail
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by amiaforaussie(f): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
teewhysafe:

Congratulations on your grant!!!! greater heights in Jesus name.Sis,pls i need your help concerning Vetassess assessment , i want to assess as Agric.Consultant. pls how do i contact you?Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
teewhysafe:

Timeline below:

Wow! Congratulations!
Your middle name should be "persistence"

Quick one, the proof of relationship, does this mean marriage certificate or they require more things?. Also do u have ur husband's last name on your passport?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tmex(m): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
teewhysafe:

Timeline below:

I wont say the wait was easy but God remained faithful.

We can't appreciate Bellong enough. He is purely God sent. At times when Hubby was discouraged and he even decided to give up, he kept on encouraging me to keep on encouraging him and laidat laidat we sha shift to the finish point, Glory be to God.

Mamajaz...God Bless you ma. always checking up on us and pushing the ministry forward on here... Kudos ma

Phlunter: My sister in the waiting...only a while more dear..cant wait to read your testimony on here. Godspeed... We are going ahead to prepare a place for you...lol

To all those awaiting Assessments/ITA/English/Grants, keep the faith burning. Don't get weary. It will surely come.

God bless

congratulations on the good news.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
teewhysafe:
Finally, its our turn to testify.Received Grants for myself and Hubby by 12:39am, 1st March, 2018.

Congratulations..May the land yield its increase for you..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jimohabdo(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
Azy123:
IT assistance is not in Australia ANZSCO so we will need to look for something to nominate.

lets look at your points first.

Age = 30 points ( you are less than 33)
English = 20 ( highest possible)
Qualification = 10 ( HND acquired in 2017 i.e aqf diploma or advance diploma depending on the school)

Total point without experience = 60 points

With the current trend 60 points is not even close to being enough for ICT professions on 189. but you can explore 489 while you try to increase you points

Your best bet to give you some opportunity of claiming experience point is not to rely on your HND for positive assessment(your HND is Diploma with ICT major, see the ACS summary of criteria attached) but to use RPL (recognition of prior learning) but this also depends on your age.

ACS will deduct 8 years of experience. But the good part is that experience from the day you turned 18 years is acceptable whether part time or full time but it must be more than 20 hours per week.

So,

If you are up to 29 years you can claim 3 years of experience ( 18 years + 8 years ACS will deduct + 3 years experience for points). If you are more than 29 yrs you can claim more experience points.

i wil be 27 by May 25, i don't really understand the age analogy. please kindly explain with my real age and other informations i have provided above. thanks, i really appreciate your response. God bless you all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
teewhysafe:

Congratulations sis...This hustle paid off. God bless you and your family in the land. Happy for u sis.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by congenial: 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
congenial:
[/quote][quote author=teewhysafe post=65469195]

Congratulations dear. Many blessings to you and yours in the land.

Six PTE attempts. I am motivated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.