Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203971 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LezDiva(f): 9:04am On Sep 08, 2016
thanks alot
oknee:

Sent
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 9:55am On Sep 08, 2016
can someone help me with ielts materials pls.............patrickisioma24@gmail.com....................thanks alot guys
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
bumpypat:
can someone help me with ielts materials pls.............patrickisioma24@gmail.com....................thanks alot guys

sent.

If you use android, I would advise you also get apps on playstore for it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
@Ifexsco and to whom it may concern

OmogeNG has answered your questions, nothing for me to add really.

However, I will make one or two comments.

I can't tell you authoritatively the city to reside in as a Petroleum engineer because the oil and gas as well as the mining industry are experiencing a downturn which is a global phenomenon. About two weeks ago, someone living in Perth told me he has plan to relocate to Sydney as Engineers in Perth are becoming jobless due to the downturn.
Nevertheless, the petroleum centre of the country still remain Western Australia and Northern part of Queensland. When things get settled, you might want to beam your light there.
For environmental engineering or science, there are jobs available in most of the states/ major cities.

For the guy asking about ICT jobs, you might want to consider Melbourne or Sydney. Melbourne seems to be the SIlicon Valley of Australia as per ICT roles.

On securing a temporary jobs, as a start I should tell you that in this country, there is dignity in labour. It doesn't matter what you do, you will be able to afford basic things and pay your bills. The first step is to decide on what you want to do and the career path you want to follow. Once you reach that stage, identify requirements of the position and start working towards fulfilling them. Once you believe you meet it, begin throwing in application.
To help the initial bill payment, there are lots of unskilled jobs to do. Like Omoge said, you can do short course in disability and aged care if it is something you can do or do a three day course in forklift. You could be lucky to get something in your field immediately, there is no rule that says you can't.

If you have interest in policing, you can apply to join any of the police in any of the state except the Federal Police as citizenship is required to join.

When applying for your jobs, your cover letter or selection criteria address is more important than your CV. It is what will give you opportunity for interviews. Importance of a good cover letter cannot be overemphasized and you cant just write blank statement about your skills, you need to supply an example of how you have used the skill using the STAR format -Situation, Task, Action and Result (google how to answer behavioural questions)

What to do immediately you land.... Apply for TFN (tax file number)
Register with Medicare and family Tax benefit if you are travelling with your family immediately.
Start looking for job. I will advice you to suspend the Family tax benefit payment to yearly once you find a job to avoid paying back overpayment at the end of the financial year.

As per your short term, mid and long term career.. Only you know what you want out of life. Decide on what you want to do and go for it. You have the opportunity to do anything you want to do once you have the minimum requirement/qualification.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Much respect sir! Thanks for this further insight. I will put it all into consideration.
bellong:
@Ifexsco and to whom it may concern

OmogeNG has answered your questions, nothing for me to add really.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Yeap. Bellong has given some important info as well. I don't take my Family Tax Benefit yearly though...I take it fortnightly and I have never owed money. The koko is to give a good estimate of your income, and update it with Centrelink IF it changes. But when you settle in well, and have hit the jackpot lol, you can take it yearly....but by then sef, you might not even qualify for it sef or qualify for just little, due to your income.

I discussed the Police idea with someone a few lages back as well. It is a really good option.

Ifexsco

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks alot my bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
Right now, to be sincere, if you want a job and you want a job fast, the Northern Territory is the place to be. Many people swarm to the large cities like Sydney, Melbourne etc where there is more competition IMO. For a Civil Engineer for example, Darwin is your best bet for now. There is construction on every street, and it is the 2nd fastest going city, after Melbourne. Darwin also has the second lowest unemployment rate, only second to ACT, and the gap between Darwin and the 3rd lowest is quite large.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pls guys what is d minimum wage in australia? And what are the prospective income for a civil engineering graduate relocating with some years of experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
OmogeNG:
Right now, to be sincere, if you want a job and you want a job fast, the Northern Territory is the place to be. Many people swarm to the large cities like Sydney, Melbourne etc where there is more competition IMO. For a Civil Engineer for example, Darwin is your best bet for now. There is construction on every street, and it is the 2nd fastest going city, after Melbourne. Darwin also has the second lowest unemployment rate, only second to ACT, and the gap between Darwin and the 3rd lowest is quite large.

Very true..

Western Australia Police and the Northern Territory Police are the highest paid police officers.... They both have little bit difficult physical requirements.. Swimming for NT and high beep test for WA

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sandysprax(m): 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hi guys,

I've been following for a while now and I understand the basics at this point. I have a B.Sc in Computer Science & an M.sc in information security and audit but most of my work experience is in Banking as I have been working in a bank for some 3 years now. Considering that I didn't do work related to my qualification, would I still be assessed fairly by my industry body(Australian Computer Society) based on this? Do I stand a chance with this immigration process?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
I NEED HELP PLS. CAN I USE UNITED KINGDOM PROVISIONAL DRIVING LICENCE AS MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION FOR AIMS ASSESSMENT? MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IS CURRENTLY WITH THE UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION FOR VISA EXTENSION.

I HAVE ALL MY DOCUMENTS READY TO BE SENT TO AIMS. ALSO, I HAVE 1 COPY AS COLOURED WHICH I CERTIFIED AND PHOTOCOPIED TWO IN BLACK AND WHITE. HOPE THE COLOURED PHOTOCOPY WILL NOT BE REJECTED?

WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSES...OKNEE, ICEBERG ETC
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello house
Please I really andurgenyly need ur candid advice on this am a new comer a to discuss this wonderful house
My name is Simon am from Nigeria, and am an intending applicant for the on going immigration in Australia. I am a mechanical engineer by profession, but am presently working as a QAQC engineer and also an ndt engineer. in a multinational company. I.e I have more experience in ndt than in mechanical. But my qualification is HND. so am so so confused on what to apply for. because there is no NDT or QAQC there. Do you suggest I apply for mechanical engineering technologist or please advise me on what to apply.

Regards

Simon
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
doyen06:
Anyone completed a VETASSESS skill assessment recently? How long does it take to get a reply?

Please can we comment on this post please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks for this also.....
OmogeNG:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by simpson2016: 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
doyen06:

I've asked the same question as well, though mine is "what's the time line for vetassess assessment after using advisory service," my advisory report is due next week, they said I should read thread.... Couldn't find the answer though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
doyen06:

Well my VETASSESS assessment was almost 4 months before completion, I guess it all depends on your case officer, the period is supposed to be between 2 to 3 months max according to their website tho. Just pray and do a little follow up mail if taking too long, try to be diplomatic in addressing ur assessment officer.
I hope this answers your question.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
Guys I have gone to check the thread read from page 50 and not 60 to have insight to your questions.

Cheers

@Simpson no body has the answer except vetassess the reason why I told you to read the thread was for you to get a clearer picture of it . I also suggested you follow okosay thread because he was fully assessed by advisory and vetassess too.

@doyen06 you can get some idea if you read from page 60 up you will understand.

quote author=simpson2016 post=49190846]
I've asked the same question as well, though mine is "what's the time line for vetassess assessment after using advisory service," my advisory report is due next week, they said I should read thread.... Couldn't find the answer though. [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
bellong:

Every adult attached to the application must have a functional English. To proof her functional English, she can either write English test or get a letter from her university that she was taught in English.

Oga bellong, do we need to get her (spouse) transcripts too or certificates will suffice with the letter.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
Tunatebabe:
Hello house
Please I really andurgenyly need ur candid advice on this am a new comer a to discuss this wonderful house
My name is Simon am from Nigeria, and am an intending applicant for the on going immigration in Australia. I am a mechanical engineer by profession, but am presently working as a QAQC engineer and also an ndt engineer. in a multinational company. I.e I have more experience in ndt than in mechanical. But my qualification is HND. so am so so confused on what to apply for. because there is no NDT or QAQC there. Do you suggest I apply for mechanical engineering technologist or please advise me on what to apply.

Regards

Simon

Apply for mechanical technician.

Read the job descriptions of a mechanical technician and relate your experience to it.

Read the thread and the links provided.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
SUJYDEE:

Oga bellong, do we need to get her (spouse) transcripts too or certificates will suffice with the letter.

Only the letter is enough. You can upload the certificate as a confirmation of study
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Did my PTE yesterday at UKEAS in Ikeja, result came out today. Not so good.
I had W 86, R 72, L 81, S 66.
One of the candidates was screaming on top of his voice and this made me not to hear some of my questions especially the Speaking session.
Please does any one know a better center with less distraction.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
bellong:

Very true..

Western Australia Police and the Northern Territory Police are the highest paid police officers.... They both have little bit difficult physical requirements.. Swimming for NT and high beep test for WA

You sef know abi? Lol. Northern Territory Police even gives free housing join sef.

The Police Custody Officer position in Melbourne is another good one. They are actively recruiting now, and the recruiting process is quite fast. Not as highly paid (Nothing in Melbourne is highly paid anyways yimu), but a starting salary of about 55k - 60k (penalties included). You also have the Police Auxiliary in NT. They are sworn members as well, but with slightly different duties. It does not have a swimming requirement or a high physicals requirement. It has 3 streams, and only 1 even requires a physical.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
lizybos:
One of the candidates was screaming on top of his voice and this made me not to hear some of my questions especially the Speaking session.
Thanks

You might want to try Pearson center, there at Ikeja, after Shoprite. Your score is good. I scored W 90, R 76, L 74, S 58.
Any idea how to tackle speaking session? piusfords@gmail.com. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 12:37am On Sep 09, 2016
lizybos:
Thanks

This score gives you 10 points. Are you targeting 20 points?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by steroid: 3:16am On Sep 09, 2016
What does high availability mean in the Skills list
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2016
I think you should get her transcripts as well. I noted on expat forum that case officer asked for transcripts in addition to the letter from the school. No harm in having it and then submitting IF your case officer asks. My two cents though.
bellong:

Only the letter is enough. You can upload the certificate as a confirmation of study
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:21am On Sep 09, 2016
bumpypat:
In addition to whatever you might get here, there are threads on IELTS on Nairaland too. You will benefit tremendously from it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2016
Get the transcripts too. They asked for my wife's. It mustnt be an official copy. So far there the seal and signature is there. Eg a student copy
SUJYDEE:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 8:50am On Sep 09, 2016
piusford:

You might want to try Pearson center, there at Ikeja, after Shoprite. Your score is good. I scored W 90, R 76, L 74, S 58.
Any idea how to tackle speaking session? piusfords@gmail.com. Thank you.
I spoke "Phoney", but it was clear and I ensured I pronounced correctly. You also need to "flow", I believe if you sound tensed or not relaxed it will come out in your speech as you might have breaks like "er", and I was also the only one in the room, I'm sure my voice was loud. I heard speaking brings guys down a lot. I was lucky, got 90.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:17am On Sep 09, 2016
lizybos:
Thanks
I think most centers are like that in terms of the noise. I ve read a lot of people's complaints about it. The solution is to also read aloud yourself. Don't let other voices distract you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.