Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) (888 Views)

“Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady / Apostle Suleman: The Lies In Stephanie Otobo's BBM Chat / Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Realmcfynest: 7:10am On Apr 17, 2016
Hi guys, this is my first dicussion here on this account. Previous acct got banned till 2026 angry

Now is pre-marital sex a sin? What was Paul taling about when he mentioned sexual immorality? When is premarital sex a sin?

Answer is this-

Exodus 22:16-17 KJV
And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. [17] If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 KJV
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; [29] Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

]
Now, when you have a wonan/a virgin or a young lady whom you are sure you will get married, then you can have lie with her and must pay her bride prize, but if you will not marry her, then you have mafe her a prostitute and turned her body to that of Mammon.

Paul (Ist Corinthians 6-18-20) was talking about temple prostitute.

So it is advisable not to have sexual intercourse before marriage cos no one knows tomorrow.
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by ITbomb(m): 7:24am On Apr 17, 2016
Let me help you bro

And what if she is not a virgin?
And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Deut 22

You take a girl home thinking she is a virgin, when you go down there, you found out that she is not, the punishment was to stone her but since we are under grace, we just let the girl go, but if a virgin, that chapter says, you go to the Father's and do what you are supposed to do.

The previous chapter also talks about taking a girl home and later found out that you have no delight in her after the sex, read up
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Osirimononaye(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2016
Op u be virgin?

1 Like

Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2016
Gbam let them kw shocked
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by whytepawn1(m): 7:37am On Apr 17, 2016
@OP you should try to understand a Bible Scripture before you say anything. most a times a proceeding or preceding verse helps to shed more light . The Bible is explicitly clear on issues like this. ADULTERY and FORNICATION are sins, it doesn't matter if the lady in question is a virgin or not.
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Realmcfynest: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2016
ITbomb:
Let me help you bro

And what if she is not a virgin?
And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Deut 22

You take a girl home thinking she is a virgin, when you go down there, you found out that she is not, the punishment was to stone her but since we are under grace, we just let the girl go, but if a virgin, that chapter says, you go to the Father's and do what you are supposed to do.

The previous chapter also talks about taking a girl home and later found out that you have no delight in her after the sex, read up

Deuteronomy 22:13-15, 20-21 KJV
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, [14] And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: [15] Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: [20] But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: [21] Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the LovePeddler in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

This case is for the married ones..... And not a single person.
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Realmcfynest: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2016
whytepawn1:
@OP you should try to understand a Bible Scripture before you say anything. most a times a proceeding or preceding verse helps to shed more light . The Bible is explicitly clear on issues like this. ADULTERY and FORNICATION are sins, it doesn't matter if the lady in question is a virgin or not.

You do not understand the write up. Tue question is what is fornication and what example of fornication do we see in the bible?
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by whytepawn1(m): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2016
Realmcfynest:

You do not understand the write up. Tue question is what is fornication and what example of fornication do we see in the bible?
FORNICATION -sexual intercourse especially on the part of unmarried persons. you don't need anyone to tell you that it is a sin .
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2016
See revelation[code][/code]. Hehe
Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Peritus(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2016
The old law on fornication/adultery was changed by Christ in Matthew 5:25. Now, looking at a woman lustfully is sinful.
The whole of new testament condemns fornication and adultery in entirety, except you are a Judaist.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Realmcfynest: 10:06am On Apr 18, 2016
Peritus:
The old law on fornication/adultery was changed by Christ in Matthew 5:25. Now, looking at a woman lustfully is sinful.
The whole of new testament condemns fornication and adultery in entirety, except you are a Judaist.

Do you pay tithe? If yes then you still follow the old testament laws

1 Like

Re: Stop The Lies, Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin (except) by Realmcfynest: 10:07am On Apr 18, 2016
twoondei:
See revelation[code][/code]. Hehe

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Trending Now! Science Vs God -WHO WINS / The Most Powerful Gods Of Orisha Oko Is For Sale / Jehovah's Witnesses And Worship Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.