Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) (31915 Views)

RCCG Member Proposes To A Sister In Church, In Front Of Congregation (Video) / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by NICENEDU29: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dollyak:
This is most likely not the work of the devil, but earthing issues. How about we start by investigating the earthing of the building?
Was the festival held outside? Proximity to sea? Scientific approach is the only thing that can produce answers.
My sister thank u so much. Ur comment is de best so far. Ignore what people ar saying about dis situation. I believe what happened is natural. Nature is nature & it is only science dat can prove it. I hav witnessed occasions where thunder & lightning destroyed mighty trees & buildings. In fact it has happened to me personally. Dat was sometime in 2005 when I was in Aba, Abia State. Dat day it was raining heavily & I was in de kitchen cookng. Suddenly lightning struck, followed by a heavy thunder. At dat moment I was holding de pot cover with my wet hand. Wen de lightning & thunder struck, it shocked me so severely like electricity, threw me off 4rm de spot I was & landed me on de floor. Our TV & fans were destroyed.

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Dollyak(f): 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
NICENEDU29:

My sister thank u so much. Ur comment is de best so far. Ignore what people ar saying about dis situation. I believe what happened is natural. Nature is nature & it is only science dat can prove it. I hav witnessed occasions where thunder & lightning destroyed mighty trees & buildings. In fact it has happened to me personally. Dat was sometime in 2005 when I was in Aba, Abia State. Dat day it was raining heavily & I was in de kitchen cookng. Suddenly lightning struck, followed by a heavy thunder. At dat moment I was holding de pot cover with my wet hand. Wen de lightning & thunder struck, it shocked me so severely like electricity, threw me off 4rm de spot I was & landed me on de floor. Our TV & fans were destroyed.
Sorry to hear that. This is preventable though. I would suggest you ensure every electrical connections and wirings are strongly bonded and earthed to divert any strike.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by demoBaba: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
They call on fire, & fire answer them.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by popcykaylah(m): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
When them go enter church..instead make them pray for better things..them go dey shout fire fire..
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
danthamccoy:

Lol. Are you an adult? I hope for your sake you're not. At least then there's still a chance you'll grow some sense.
Now read what I typed again. Slowly. Do you get it now? Nah, I'm sure you don't so I'll explain.
I wasn't criticizing the involvement of the police. I was referring to the case being transferred to the Homicide division. Do you know what homicide is, kid? You don't? Google it and then go and play outside.
Edit: That was in fact death by natural causes.
The Police must investigate sudden and unnatural deaths! In this case, investigation is compulsorily important to establish if the deaths re of natural causes as claimed!
Secondly,u talked about homicide! Yes there re Homicide section in all criminal investigation department the world over! U re d one who clearly needs google in this issue! I've already done enough to enlighten u! www.sjpd.org/BOI/Homicide/

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by kirchofff(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
dorox:
I won't be surprised if the church building does not have a lightning conductor.
its called a lightning arrest device............cheers
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by kirchofff(m): 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
dorox:
I won't be surprised if the church building does not have a lightning conductor.
its called a lightning arrest device or arrester............cheers
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dekatron:

Exactly why y'all worship god.

Promise of another life, with sweet sweet things. . . . YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES.

When you die, you die. . NO SECOND LIFE/CHANCE

@topic :- REAL DEFINITION OF THUNDER FIRE THEM!! grin grin grin
@DEKATRON .. I av bin seeing d nonsense u put here anytime God is being mentioned... U think wat u say will change a tin... U think u are right.. Its fools like u who want 2 believe dere is no God to justify ur ungodly living . U are always quick to spew trash at d slightest opportunity against Christianity.. Are dat hurt or does it pain dat much dat God is being glofied and magnified.. Lol ... Wonder wat happened to u dat set u on dix part... Wat? God did not answer ur prayers or didn't do as u had asked.. Dats bcuz of ur poor understanding of d word of d God... Bro repent while u still can.. Stop letting d devil to use u... BEWARE @ PIPZ LYK DEKATRON... Peace
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by KBrown: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
danthamccoy:
Who else finds it strange that lightening kills people and the case is referred to the Homicide division? Homicide? How disorganized is the Nigerian Police?

A family member of one of the deceased reported the matter to the police. Read again.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by cana882(m): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
U shud be ashamed of ursef for this public advertisement of ur ignorance! When u don't knw sometin then ask about it instead of making foooolish declaration about the Police! Why is comprehension alws ur problem! Didn't u read why they said one of d deceased brother reported to d police! Unless someone dies of natural cause, like old-age and ailment, d police is alws called upon to investigate!
please stop the disgrace.

hom·i·cide/ˈhäməˌsīd/
noun
the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.

Was that what happened?
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by banmee(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
Osirimononaye:
I don't think God is happy with them.....Some atheist id!ots will quote me

By your logic, God is not happy with you which is why you don't don't have gas, power, good roads, security, amenities, etc.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Immorttal: 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dekatron:

Promise of another life, with sweet sweet things. . . . YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES.

Gbam.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by cana882(m): 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
banmee:

By your logic, God is not happy with you which is why you don't don't have gas, power, good roads, security, amenities, etc.
don't mind that guy. Since he's alive, God is happy with him abi. We Africans won't start taking responsibility for our actions. We always say it's ok, God knows why.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by danthamccoy(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
The Police must investigate sudden and unnatural deaths! In this case, investigation is compulsorily important to establish if the deaths re of natural causes as claimed!
Secondly,u talked about homicide! Yes there re Homicide section in all criminal investigation department the world over! U re d one who clearly needs google in this issue! I've already done enough to enlighten u! www.sjpd.org/BOI/Homicide/
Jeez, bruh. Homicide division deals with MURDER. Do I have to spell it out? This is not a murder case hence why I questioned that particular division getting involved. I'm done with you man.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by vchykp(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
dorox:

Two people just died and a third was injured yet you are here pontificating on how those women must have deserved it instead of being sad for the loss of lives. Accidents like this though uncommon does happen at random every once in awhile, it has nothing to do with God or Devil, adhering to the correct building code can help to eliminate such risk almost completely.
If such ill fortune only befalls people engaging in abominable acts, then TB Joshua is a blood sucking demon since his building came crashing down like the walls of Jericho killing over a hundred people.

I'm sorry about the incident tho, may the deceased RIP.. TB Joshua's case is a different thing, if a building collapses, it could be tagged as the carelessness of the architecture, quote me any where(traditionally/spiritually).. Buh thunder is not an ordinary thing,in village, it is believed that whoever thunder strikes is evil and should not be buried in d community,nd now dis ones died in church, prayer warrior for that mata and u think God is happy with them?..
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Charly68: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
God want the man to repent,the foundation of that church is suspected..some bad things are going on therein..
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by danthamccoy(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
KBrown:

A family member of one of the deceased reported the matter to the police. Read again.
Read my post again. Maybe you'll get me.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Debshy1: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
May their soul rest in peace
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by MyMentor: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dekatron:

dat is because u dn't blive on Jesus and his teaching abt death and life after death (esp abt Abraham, Lazarus, d rich man and d request of d dead man on his living brothers etc).
Luke 16:19-31.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
danthamccoy:

Jeez, bruh. Homicide division deals with MURDER. Do I have to spell it out? This is not a murder case hence why I questioned that particular division getting involved. I'm done with you man.
Why re u so ''''''? Its a sudden death and as such must be investigated! I ve already said as much! Its only homicide that can investigate it! Homicide equally investigate suicide cases! When someone dies in a manner that arouses suspicion and raises questions, it must be investigated! To tell u that ssome person aren't satisfied with everytin, they re lodging complaints at d station, and as such police must investigate! Police must write a report on d deaths! How can they write a report witout investigation? I jus explained to u ssame way I explained to a primary 2 kid! If u still fail to understnd its not my fault!
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
cana882:
please stop the disgrace.

hom·i·cide/ˈhäməˌsīd/
noun
the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.

Was that what happened?
That is why they must investigate with a view to ascertain what actually happened!
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by dorox(m): 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
vchykp:

I'm sorry about the incident tho, may the deceased RIP.. TB Joshua's case is a different thing, if a building collapses, it could be tagged as the carelessness of the architecture, quote me any where(traditionally/spiritually).. Buh thunder is not an ordinary thing,in village, it is believed that whoever thunder strikes is evil and should not be buried in d community,nd now dis ones died in church, prayer warrior for that mata and u think God is happy with them?..

If the building had proper protection against lightningy strike I am sure this unfortunate incident could have been avoided, so blame the deaths on the building contractor for failing to adhere to proper building codes.
It is unfortunate that there are millions of Nigerians like you still holding on to superstitious beliefs like the quote in bold that has no place in the 21st century. You should know that with access to the internet ignorance is now seen as a choice.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Osirimononaye(m): 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
banmee:

And who said i don't have those things?
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by abdulwastecx(m): 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
Osirimononaye:

I think a simple lightning arrestor in that premise/church could have avert this danger... The more solutions we can provide to our problem the more irrelevant religion become
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Osirimononaye(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I think a simple lightning arrestor in that premise/church could have avert this danger... The more solutions we can provide to our problem the more irrelevant religion become
Bros na u knw that one oo
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by abdulwastecx(m): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
popcykaylah:
When them go enter church..instead make them pray for better things..them go dey shout fire fire..

Lol.... you are so funny bro... Come to think of it this way, why we an all powerful God kill his servant in his house or fail to protect his able servant against lightning that a jss 3 student know how to curtail?
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by banmee(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Osirimononaye:

And who said i don't have those things?

you live in nigeria dont you?
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by rabzy01: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
They called for fire and fire answered their calls and arrived. So what is the problem here?
You can't be shouting fire, fire, fire and expect water. undecided
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by aalangel(f): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
Something is fundamentally wrong with this Nairaland. You always publish bad things about Christians. Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 and co, ARE YOU PAGANS OR MUSLIMS? Cos you hardly publish rubbish against them.
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by Smart41(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
lol.... funny way to die though. I once was struck by lightning too o. come n c drama day. lol
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by EbolaParasite: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Osirimononaye:

He is not happy with people praying in church abi?
So he is happy with all the murderers and corrupt politicians that lightening did not strike in nigeria abi?
Re: Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) by TrumpDonald(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
I think there must be a mast around d premises. Such things dey conduct lightening. That's y I don't stay close to them if it wants to rain. RIP to the victims

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos) / Rulling On Masturbation 2: The Stand Of The Catholic Church / Muslims Storm Egyptian Church, Attack Worshippers, Call For It To Be Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.