Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering (567 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pastor Kumuyi's Easter Message: Suicide Not The Way Out Of Economic Hardship / Young Men On The Pulpit Driven By Tithe, Offering Honorarium - Gbile Akanni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by Getfun: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2016
Bible scholars in the house, pls I need an insight, it's not longer news things are very difficult nowadays, leaving the various spiritual aspects of living in abundance and the likes, I will like to know if it is right to reduce your tithe as the cost of everything has sky rocketed, and there is no commensurate increase in wages, it's usually said we should cut cost an expenses, should the giving to the church in general comprising of tithe and other forms of giving also be part of reducing cost?? I am curious and want to know.
Re: Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 17, 2016
Lol. Where bible say may economy determine ur tithing? Offering can reduce; dats personal but tithe is fixed 10% or nothing
Re: Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by rusher14: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2016
I think in hard times you should double your effort and giving.

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by Getfun: 8:57am On Apr 17, 2016
Really.... I need more views to this.
Re: Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by dorox(m): 9:00am On Apr 17, 2016
My friend, things are still ok for you, by the time it becomes really difficult, when you are not sure if come next month there will still be a roof over your head, when your children wake up with a cry of hunger and go to bed with very little food in their bellies, when all your credit lines have been over extended you will not need someone to tell you that paying tithe is not essential to your survival.

I guess you don't have much savings if any, living from hand to mouth. The ten percent you have been paying to your pastor is what should have been going into your savings account to act as abuffer for such times when a rough patch is hit.

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by theV0ice: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2016
Getfun:
Bible scholars in the house, pls I need an insight, it's not longer news things are very difficult nowadays, leaving the various spiritual aspects of living in abundance and the likes, I will like to know if it is right to reduce your tithe as the cost of everything has sky rocketed, and there is no commensurate increase in wages, it's usually said we should cut cost an expenses, should the giving to the church in general comprising of tithe and other forms of giving also be part of reducing cost?? I am curious and want to know.

Just give everything to the church then move your family to the banks of the river closest to you and wait for the miracle of God.

God sent birds to bring meat to Elijah and he drank from the brook. You might be lucky they'll include pizza and pure water in the package they'll deliver to you everyday

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by Getfun: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2016
theV0ice:

Just give everything to the church then move your family to the banks of the river closest to you and wait for the miracle of God.

God sent birds to bring meat to Elijah and he drank from the brook. You might be lucky they'll include pizza and pure water in the package they'll deliver to you everyday
Lolz...u funny...I just needed opinion on this not about me really
Re: Economic Hardship V Tithe/ Offering by theV0ice: 9:40am On Apr 17, 2016
Getfun:

Lolz...u funny...I just needed opinion on this not about me really

grin

OK. Glad you see the funny side.

(1) (Reply)

Calculations In Christianity / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Let's Talk About Being Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.