Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad (53908 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Twitter Live Chat - Answers To Prospective Candidates Questions / 5 Student Jobs To Earn Money / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by study4free(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
Many people all around the world love to pursue their higher education from Western Countries and need pass through visa interview, and the reason behind this is nothing but the top class education they provide.

One of the major hurdles people used to face during their journey to study abroad is answering the tricky interview questions which will help them qualify for educational visa.

No matter the educational background and financial security you possess; preparation is must while attending these interviews. This article will detail some very common Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad.

Question 1:
Why do you want to study in United States of America?

Answer: The whole world knows that academic experience in USA is something unquestionable, and certificate from a reputed American University is widely valued by all countries.
Most of the United States Universities offer excellent research opportunities, and internship programs which will catalyze my career growth for sure.

Question 2:
Why United States? Can’t you try in United Kingdom or Canada?

Answer: The quality of education in United States is much impeccable than UK or Canada. Syllabus in U.S offers the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which we will not be able to possess anywhere in this world.

Question 3:
What are your future plans after completing graduation from US?

Answer: Upon successful completion of graduation, I will return back to my native country, and will search for jobs.

Question 4:
Will you surely come back to your native nation after possessing a graduate degree?

Answer: Why not? Our land is blessed with opportunities, and I wish to exploit it to the fullest. I wish to pursue my graduation from US to make myself fit to adapt myself to this competitive world.

Question 5:
Do you know anything about the City which you are going?

Answer: Yes…I have referred Internet, and have learned about this city. I have heard that the city is blessed with friendly people, and the weather is quite similar to my native land. I hope these things will help me in adapting quickly.

Conclusion
You can expect many other questions from the executive in charge of the visa interview which includes, the details of the University which you are going to apply, the course which you are going to pursue, details of scholarship if any, your family background etc.

You should closely understand all the questions, and should answer them genuinely. Questions about your academic abilities and queries regarding scores in GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS can also be expected during the time of the visa interview.

http://study4free.com.ng/top-5-student-visa-interview-questions-answers-study-abroad/

31 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Prevho: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
All those vise people wy carrry bomb for head.
Even if you answer correctly gan they go still dey use person heart and sanity play ping pong.

>>> 7 Signs To Know You Have an Expired and overdue relationship

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by taylor12: 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2016
Bros, pls help me help a frnd In need. My frnd has gone to the embassy like 8tyms naw for his masters degree to study accounting in Colorado technical University and was denied and still keep pushing hard in same school. His major challenges is this question. Why do u choose Colorado technical University to others since u are going there for your masters when you av many other sch that can offer u the best in accounting? Though many reasons has been given in d past but not convincing enuf. Pls I need a convincing answer to this question as he is preparing to go for one before the month end. Pls ur idea or contribution might go a long way. Thanks

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by ugonna1054(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by fedundiran(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
taylor12:
Bros, pls help me help a frnd In need. My frnd has gone to the embassy like 8tyms naw for his masters degree to study accounting in Colorado technical University and was denied and still keep pushing hard in same school. His major challenges is this question. Why do u choose Colorado technical University to others since u are going there for your masters when you av many other sch that can offer u the best in accounting? Though many reasons has been given in d past but not convincing enuf. Pls I need a convincing answer to this question as he is preparing to go for one before the month end. Pls ur idea or contribution might go a long way. Thanks
My candid advice..
I don't think there's really a need to pursue masters degree in Courses like accounting, business administration and the likes outside the country.
He can stay here in Nigeria and study whatever he wish to any level.. To me studying those kind of courses abroad doesn't mean you will have an edge over the graduates here or given preference in labour market since you went to study other country's business strategy and administration which might be different from ours.. Those that really need more western knowledge are those in Engineering, pure sciences and maybe Health sciences which need more practical and equipment.
Those guys might be doing you some help by not issuing you the visa...Instead of going to spend a whole lot of money there, he can consider using that amount to set up a business and move on with life.
Think wisely..

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by taylor12: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2016
Tanx for ur advice but since he had already made a payment of visa fee. I still need a gud and convincing reasonable answer to the question let him go and try again cos to me about U. S interview questns, it's a game of luck in respective of who you are or brainy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by donciccio: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
taylor12:

To me I think another flag off is him choosing a technical school instead of an Accounting or Management school. Schools in western world often specializes as indicated by their names unlike in Nigeria where a management school specializes in Law and medicine and you wonder the need for the management in the name of the school.
However, I think he should give reasons on need to learn modern accounting principles and applications. Use of modern accounting softwares and techniques which are readily available in the western world.
Finally, he should pray for God's favour. Because God factor is 80%, his performance is 15%, leave 5% to the V.O.
My 2 cent. Goodluck!!!

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by taylor12: 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Thanks bro. I believe that ur idea will go a long way as to help him succeed this tym cos he has used so many ideas n intend using tis naw that he chooses Colorado technical University be cos it's offers quality of education that gives right blend to both theoretical n practical knowledge n other bla bla bla
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by study4free(m): 6:08am On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:

Doncicio already nailed it
To be on the safer side he can as well reply that his/her mentor or guardian who studied same course particularly asked him to enroll in the institution for his masters program that they possess well qualified instructors I mean eligible lecturers capable for the course and the way students are been treated is encouraging. Cheers

Lalasticlala can also be of help

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by KoladeKoded(m): 6:25am On Apr 20, 2016
So to obtain visa, person will do exam again...nawa o!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 20, 2016
Its all wash, US education is no match with UK and SA shocked
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by chimah3(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2016
ANSWERS TO 3 & 4...PURPLE LIES!!! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by notouradmin: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2016
grin grin

free visa to study in Nigeria click like if you dont want click share if you want

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by solid3(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2016
Nice expo.

These are the kind of threads that shld be featured not all those useless pictures of celebrities asking if they look ugly or horrible.

Nairaland mods sometimes act childishly, posting nonsensical threads that won't teach any lesson.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by HopeAlive14(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2016
Good luck to all those aspiring to study abroad.

Go, get the knowledge, and come back to develop our beloved nation, Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by truthspeaks: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by hammedkola(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2016
fedundiran:

My candid advice..
I don't think there's really a need to pursue masters degree in Courses like accounting, business administration and the likes outside the country.
He can stay here in Nigeria and study whatever he wish to any level.. To me studying those kind of courses abroad doesn't mean you will have an edge over the graduates here or given preference in labour market since you went to study other country's business strategy and administration which might be different from ours.. Those that really need more western knowledge are those in Engineering, pure sciences and maybe Health sciences which need more practical and equipment.
Those guys might be doing you some help by not issuing you the visa...Instead of going to spend a whole lot of money there, he can consider using that amount to set up a business and move on with life.
Think wisely..

You know we Naija have this mentality of "Yes, US is da best"

donciccio:

To me I think another flag off is him choosing a technical school instead of an Accounting or Management school. Schools in western world often specializes as indicated by their names unlike in Nigeria where a management school specializes in Law and medicine and you wonder the need for the management in the name of the school.
However, I think he should give reasons on need to learn modern accounting principles and applications. Use of modern accounting softwares and techniques which are readily available in the western world.
Finally, he should pray for God's favour. Because God factor is 80%, his performance is 15%, leave 5% to the V.O.
My 2 cent. Goodluck!!!

I'm very sure dude is going for greener pasture
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Olukologia(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2016
Does other counties take it compulsory o come and study in our country like we do here? Instead for them to fink of how to improve on our education system they are sending deir children abroad. Even de so called President

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Bobby4090: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:

Big Bros, i assure u FUTO is more Technical than that Colorodo wetin wetin??. My candid advise? Make ur friend go FUTO go do im masters. OK? Cheers bros!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by prinsam30: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2016
wetin I wan go do for abroad in the first place
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by seenter84: 11:11am On Apr 20, 2016
Us embassy just day hammer everyday with visa fee. America land of the thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by toluine56(m): 11:12am On Apr 20, 2016
Funny enough, countries like canada don't have time for all this.

BTW just saw rule no 21, 22 ; totally uncalled for esp. 21
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by miqos02(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2016
cool
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by salissmg(m): 11:15am On Apr 20, 2016
KoladeKoded:
So to obtain visa, person will do exam again...nawa o!
let him go through the internet and understand more about knowledge management,where he can convince them they have the good educational knowledge management. Is one of the key factor that may convince them to issue. Him the visa. G/lk
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Mediapace: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Local man,keep cursing yourself and your chances of going will be transferred to me!!

You need deliverance bro !
prinsam30:
wetin I wan go do for abroad in the first place

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by firstolalekan(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Question 3:
[s]
Answer: Upon successful completion of graduation, I will return back to my native country, and will search for jobs.[/s]

What they truly mean;

I will try as much as possible to secure a job there. I no fit come back come line up dey find work for naija o.
Even if na today dey wash plate for one restaurant der, I GO MANAGE AM.
Question 4:
Will you surely come back to your native nation after possessing a graduate degree?

[s]Answer: Why not? Our land is blessed with opportunities, and I wish to exploit it to the fullest. I wish to pursue my graduation from US to make myself fit to adapt myself to this competitive world.[/s]
What they truly mean;

God forbid!
come back wer ? undecided undecided
Come back com do wetin
For dis kain heat
No light
No fuel
No job.
I NO fit to o grin grin grin
No

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by toluine56(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:
Jeez! 8 times.
Kilode?
He should try an alternative na.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by neolboy(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2016
Good
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by prinsam30: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2016
Mediapace:
Local man
u wey u no local, ur still making unreasonable comment
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by neolboy(m): 11:18am On Apr 20, 2016
study4free:
Many people all around the world love to pursue their higher education from Western Countries and need pass through visa interview, and the reason behind this is nothing but the top class education they provide.

One of the major hurdles people used to face during their journey to study abroad is answering the tricky interview questions which will help them qualify for educational visa.

No matter the educational background and financial security you possess; preparation is must while attending these interviews. This article will detail some very common Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad.

Question 1:
Why do you want to study in United States of America?

Answer: The whole world knows that academic experience in USA is something unquestionable, and certificate from a reputed American University is widely valued by all countries.
Most of the United States Universities offer excellent research opportunities, and internship programs which will catalyze my career growth for sure.

Question 2:
Why United States? Can’t you try in United Kingdom or Canada?

Answer: The quality of education in United States is much impeccable than UK or Canada. Syllabus in U.S offers the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which we will not be able to possess anywhere in this world.

Question 3:

Answer: Upon successful completion of graduation, I will return back to my native country, and will search for jobs.

Question 4:

Answer: Why not? Our land is blessed with opportunities, and I wish to exploit it to the fullest. I wish to pursue my graduation from US to make myself fit to adapt myself to this competitive world.

Question 5:
Do you know anything about the City which you are going?

Answer: Yes…I have referred Internet, and have learned about this city. I have heard that the city is blessed with friendly people, and the weather is quite similar to my native land. I hope these things will help me in adapting quickly.

Conclusion
You can expect many other questions from the executive in charge of the visa interview which includes, the details of the University which you are going to apply, the course which you are going to pursue, details of scholarship if any, your family background etc.

You should closely understand all the questions, and should answer them genuinely. Questions about your academic abilities and queries regarding scores in GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS can also be expected during the time of the visa interview.

http://study4free.com.ng/top-5-student-visa-interview-questions-answers-study-abroad/

What about someone going for church seminar or national convention?
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by stubbornman(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2016
Nice one..I think I'll make do with this

...iyam stubbornman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Students Create Smart Walking Sticks For The Blind(photo) / Leg Of Kogi University Graduate Crushed By Student During Celebration (Graphic) / 5 Reasons Secondary School Girls Are Having Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.