Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (83571 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by JurassicPark: 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
Yuneehk:
Op!!! Take ya time ooo
I guess na ur village be that.. grin
4me that Bride price shudnt apply to all ladies smiley
Many don't cut it
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by dcncorneils: 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
abeg na hw much b d total money
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Baludu1: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
donbenedict:
Lol abia babes still rock. Try imo state
. You are correct who ever think that Abia state marriage right,custom and tradition is on a high side should try IMO STATE Especially MBANO and MBAISE. Then you will know that khaki no be leather.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by saint2ace(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ada9103:

If you wanna marry a lady from my community. Its gonna cost you a hundred thousand or a hundred plus grin......that ain't expensive. You give the elders 50k. The women 30k and then you buy drinks....and other things. But at most 150k grin cheesy cheesy

Good to see u've come a little closer to reality, but let's get it straight u can only get these if the family is understanding and the father and mother forfeit their rights.

Most times the paraphernalia is so overwhelming, this can account why our pple don't get married the right way, sh#t is way too expensive.

I would advise babes and guys to start pleading with their communities to review all these and give pple more comfort to get married in peace. My 2pence....

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by dayowunmi(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ada9103:

Dayo......which kind money? How much them de sell iPhone6? The fact is its not all that expensive considering what some other tribes de take jare.....
Hmm, other tribes? Marrying from your side is more expensive o than from any other in Nigeria, by your side, I mean East generally and maybe parts of South south. The bottom line is that, it's tradition, it's been here a while and will likely continue for a long time.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Ahasuerus2(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
embarassed
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Skibofire(m): 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
iphunanya:
My bride price is over 200k shocked
uh huh.you look expensive.

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Mynd44Stupid: 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
iphunanya:
My bride price is over 200k shocked

Congrats.
If I pay dat amount for your bride price. I won't buy you pant not to talk of CAR!
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by kceewhyte(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2016
ceejay80s:

Try north, no bride price for there but u go chop koboko
nna nawa ooo koboko kwa
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by mimiy05: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
I once saw a list from Emekuku, Imo State. I could swear some people wanted to use the man to open a supermarket, boutique and a hair dressing salon just because he was from a well to do family. Imagine a list containing 1 carton of relaxer, I carton of hair weavon, 12 big tins of ovaltine e.t.c About three pages of what not from different groups in the community. It baffles me till this very moment that people who don't know i even exist will want to reap where they did not sow in the name of tradition. God help me when it gets to my turn and they bring one nonsense list for my husband and his people. I will politely ask them how much they contributed to my education or whether they want to marry the husband with me. Its high time some things should be reviewed abeg. Culture is dynamic

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Ada9103(f): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
saint2ace:

Good to see u've come a little closer to reality, but let's get it straight u can only get these if the family is understanding and the father and mother forfeit their rights.

Most times the paraphernalia is so overwhelming, this can account why our pple don't get married the right way, sh#t is way too expensive.

I would advise babes and guys to start pleading with their communities to review all these and give pple more comfort to get married in peace. My 2pence....

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk lipsrsealed
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Ada9103(f): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
dayowunmi:

Hmm, other tribes? Marrying from your side is more expensive o than from any other in Nigeria, by your side, I mean East generally and maybe parts of South south. The bottom line is that, it's tradition, it's been here a while and will likely continue for a long time.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by sparkleRed(f): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
Lol d brideprice list is d last on right hand side , #compare to imo d list is fair
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by annyberry: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
proudly Olokoro... it is not much compared to mbaise in IMO state
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Spanner4(m): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
grin

Na to postpone the marriage be dat and move on.

Later they will call me to come and bargain if they like,if dey don't like, nwanne I switch gear gbawaa door maka time anoghi
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by saint2ace(m): 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
sparkleRed:
Lol d brideprice list is d last on right hand side , #compare to imo d list is fair

It's not a general thing in imo oh, it depends on family, community and of course negotiations skills, but some people dey vex sha.... lol
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by sagemode007: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
player007:

Especially Ikeduru and nba5.
I marry from Mba5 i only pay 15k for bride price and it also depend the family you dey enter.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Yuneehk(f): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
JurassicPark:

Many don't cut it
Its not my village tongue
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Yuneehk(f): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
JurassicPark:

Many don't cut it
Its not my village tongue
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by alaskido(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
After the wedding, the husband and wife go drink garri and groundnut for 1 month while paying debt. For FELA voice, Trouble dey sleep, Yanga come go wake am up. Na wetin e dey find, na palaver.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by saint2ace(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
danot1030:
Igbos are gluttons, hungry people. No wonder their women obtains degree in olosho trade.

She oro niyeni Shuoooooo tongue
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by sagemode007: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2016
Baludu1:
. You are correct who ever think that Abia state marriage right,custom and tradition is on a high side should try IMO STATE Especially MBANO and MBAISE. Then you will know that khaki no be leather.
I am from Abia and marred from Oboama Mbaise,the family i marred from ask me to give them any amount i hive as a bride price.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by amtaken(f): 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
Bride price is not expensive in AKS.

agabaI23:
una never try Akwaibom...

Imo na child's play..

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Coolgent(m): 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
End time Wahala
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by banmee(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
Only a foool would pay anything over 1k as bride price. Am I buying a slave or am I marrying a woman/partner?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Nickymezor(f): 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2016
snadguy007:
Make dem kukuma chop the lady as dem no wan make she marry.
And if by mistake, i pay dis brideprice, i go just use her as collateral to collect loan from bank
undecided
Hahaha. As collateral ke ? U no well abeg... grin Na persin oo, nt an object nw. it's pretty high tho.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by toprealman: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
donbenedict:
Lol abia babes still rock. Try imo state
if IMO is still cheap, consider anambra.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by sayitright: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
player007:
hmm Ikeduru dey expensive?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Onegai(f): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Litmus:
lOL , Cabin Biscuits; almost forgot those things exists. Beautiful. May Nigeria never loose her wonderful culture.

As an aside, here's a peculiar thing; these Bride Prices Culture are used by those that can never see anything good in African culture as yardsticks to beat us into submitting to Western Values. "Commodifying women", they would say; "women as slaves to be bought", they would add. The tragedy is, that they are blind to the fact that this Nigerian Bride-price culture places values on women in a way uncommon among nearly all other cultures of the wold. In India for instance, a woman's family pays groom price. This places more value on men and consequently, in India, female children are viewed as cuss. Many put their daughters to death. Feeding the infant girl raw rice is one favored method.

Nigeria has a lot to be proud of, unfortunately there is an industry out there selling us self-hate with a vengeance.

But was it always this high in the past? Because it seems like only wealthy, older men would have been able to marry in the past when paying such hefty bride prices.I dunno, it seems more like a recent thing: the categories they pay to are the same from the past but the amounts are way higher.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by sayitright: 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
player007:
hmm Ikeduru dey expensive? last time I checked we don't charge much in Umudim.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by donbenedict(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
toprealman:
if IMO is still cheap, consider anambra.
I knw anambra brideprice is very very cheap..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / 'RIP To My Useless Father' - Corper Celebrates His Father's Death / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.