Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Lessons From The Triumphant Entry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons From The Triumphant Entry (4363 Views)

Lessons I Learnt From The Triumphant Entry To The Crucifixion Of Jesus / Humility, Master-key To Triumphant Living BY Bishop Abioye 2016 / Did Jesus Christ Commit Any Sin While On Earth?(The triumphant Entry in view) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Triumphant Entry by kpakpandoN(m): 6:04am On Apr 18, 2016
A Lot of lessons can be deduced from the historic entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem. Right from verse two of Matthew 21, we are exposed to revelations from the Lord's actions. Jesus had not entered into the village, but He knew there was an ass tied; not alone but with its colt. We can see the omniscient attribute of Jesus Christ, like that of His Father. He said loose them, and bring them unto me. To soul winners, you are expected to loosen your converts before bringing them for the Master's use. He said:
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

We are not supposed to dialogue with the devil and his cohorts; all we need is to exercise authority (Luke 10:19). Since all these are written for fulfilment, we have a date with destiny to fulfil our divine mandate. As missionaries and soul winners, we must endeavour to go after our entire household to win them for Christ. It was not the ass alone but also its colt. The disciples decorated the ass and its colt for the use of the Master. Before our converts can be useful for the Master, we must work on them through the teaching of the Word. The Bible says:
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." 2 Timothy 4:2

Another lesson from the story of the triumphant entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem is the high praise of God through His beloved Son. Whoever will glorify God the Father must do that through the Son because God has given Him a Name that is above every other name.

Our Lord Himself said:
"...I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me". John 14:6
He said,
"Behold I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

If we do not shut Jesus out of our lives, we are bound to be happy like the inhabitants of Jerusalem in Matthew 21:1-9. I implore someone reading this devotional; open your heart to Jesus, let Him have full control of your heart and you will find rest for your soul. Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

The Wisdom Of Allah's Law Of Retribution (A Bad copy Of the Law Of Moses)? / Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. / Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.