Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:04 AM

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (210508 Views)

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Teeforeal(m): 11:55am On May 02, 2016
Hi,Jwillng kindly send the comprehensive report on how you moved to usa into my email : at21160@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by akanniade10(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2016
Errbody is talking about adjusting the B1/B2 visa to Green Card thru Marriage (Legal and not Sham)..... How about when a lady gives birth, can the child aid her getting a green card as well, i.e planning to raise the child in America. Experts should share their opinions. We disagree to agree!!! Learning one or two things here already.

It shouldn't be one way!

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jacko007(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2016
greetings guys.. please those that have received the report on their email, should share it with us...johnushie007@gmail.com thanks you
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TheCongo2: 2:39pm On May 02, 2016
akanniade10:
Errbody is talking about adjusting the B1/B2 visa to Green Card thru Marriage (Legal and not Sham)..... How about when a lady gives birth, can the child aid her getting a green card as well, i.e planning to raise the child in America. Experts should share their opinions. We disagree to agree!!! Learning one or two things here already.

It shouldn't be one way!

Yes, but the child should be 18 to sponsor a parent for Green Card

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 02, 2016
akanniade10:

It shouldn't be one way!
Technically, a parent can't gain citizenship or a green card by giving birth to a child. The parent(s) could use the child as leverage in removal proceedings

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Pennsylvania: 8:13pm On May 02, 2016
jwillng:

What kind of Visa are you going for? PM me.

Hi bro, I'm just seeing this now. I sent you a mail earlier but no response.

I'll like to use the same process you used. As for the financial aspect, I can shoulder it.

How can we talk or chat faster?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by kcheerful(f): 1:12am On May 03, 2016
Hello good people.
I run a school here in Nigeria and would like to take some of our pupils on a summer trip to disneyland.
I am about to book the appointment but would like to know if there are certain things to expect from the VO.
I just renewed my own visa,
I have been to US 4 times on my previous visa both alone and with my children.
My 3 kids all have the US visa too and I have travelled with them.
The number of pupils going are about 4. I hope the small number wont be a disadvantage.
What suggestions do you have on ensuring a successful interview.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:11am On May 03, 2016
TheCongo2:

Yes, but the child should be 18 to sponsor a parent for Green Card

It's 21.

Here's the issue. The child must demonstrate the capability to cater for the parents, make enough money, etc

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:16am On May 03, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

I do not doubt this. That airport is ginormous! Reason it is known to have the largest airport rail system. That has got to be the hugest airport I've been in. If not for the intra/inter-terminal trains, Lord knows it would have taken me more than 40minutes to walk to my boarding gate within the same terminal.

Not to mention it is sooooo freaking beautiful.

Unless you're an invalid, it should never take you 40 minutes from one gate to the other in the same terminal.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:24am On May 03, 2016
TWoods:

No. If you came in as a visitor B1/B2, you are automatically ineligible to adjust status to green card in the US. You must go back to your home country to do so. If you had overstayed your visa for >180 days, you would be ineligible for a green card anyway unless you apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. Its not totally impossible but its a long shot.

This is patently false information and you should be careful with passing wrong info.

10 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:12am On May 03, 2016
-38 US states and Washington, DC allow felons who have completed their prison sentences to vote.

-12 states impose a permanent voting ban on felons.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:14am On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is patently false information and you should be careful with passing wrong info.
The B-1/B-2 visa holder can only adjust to green card status if a close family member, that is a US citizen/green card holder, files for him or her.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SlowlybtSurely: 5:15am On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Unless i'm an invalid, it should never take me 40 minutes from one gate to the other in the same terminal.

Well, if juggling lots of hand luggage and an infant makes one you an invalid, then you might actually have a point.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:27am On May 03, 2016
kcheerful:
Hello good people.
I run a school here in Nigeria and would like to take some of our pupils on a summer trip to disneyland.
I am about to book the appointment but would like to know if there are certain things to expect from the VO.
I just renewed my own visa,
I have been to US 4 times on my previous visa both alone and with my children.
My 3 kids all have the US visa too and I have travelled with them.
The number of pupils going are about 4. I hope the small number wont be a disadvantage.
What suggestions do you have on ensuring a successful interview.

Thank you.
Firstly, as a general rule, kids who are 13 and younger, they wouldn't need to attend an interview. But consular officers have discretion to require an interview.

The VO may ask that you submit documentation stating: the purpose of your trip; ability to pay all costs of the trip; and intent to depart the US after the trip.

You and the Kids' passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the period of stay in America. Since the purpose of the visit is tourism, the other 4 kids would need the B-2 visa.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:52am On May 03, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Well, if juggling lots of hand luggage and an infant makes one an invalid, then you might actually have a point.

I am not an invalid and I've transverse that airport many times both with and without kid and it did not take me 40 minutes.

But, I do realize that some folks can't chew gum and walk at the same time.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:55am On May 03, 2016
CFCman:

The B-1/B-2 visa holder can only adjust to green card status if a close family member, that is a US citizen/green card holder, files for him or her.

That's not what the post that I quoted said.

TWoods:

No. If you came in as a visitor B1/B2, you are automatically ineligible to adjust status to green card in the US. You must go back to your home country to do so. If you had overstayed your visa for >180 days, you would be ineligible for a green card anyway unless you apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. Its not totally impossible but its a long shot.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SlowlybtSurely: 6:01am On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I am not an invalid and I've transverse that airport many times both with and without kid and it did not take me 40 minutes.

Oh, you're not? Good for you.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 6:12am On May 03, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Oh, you're not? Good for you.

Trust me, your thinly veiled insinuations does not escape me. I just do not have your time and I happen to like and respect the mod on here else I would respond in kind.

So don't think you're smart.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SlowlybtSurely: 6:25am On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Trust me, your thinly veiled insinuations does not escape me. I just do not have your time and I happen to like and respect the mod on here else I would respond in kind.

So don't think you're smart.

Really?? And who started with the pseudo smartness? You do know it's no one's exclusive preserve right?

Invalid? How smart!

Next time, learn to make your point free from 'strong' words. That is what makes one a mature adult.

Now, run along!

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 6:48am On May 03, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Really?? And who started with the pseudo smartness? You do know it's no one's exclusive preserve right?

Invalid? How smart!

Next time, learn to make your point free from 'strong' words. That is what makes one a mature adult.

Now, run along!

I can tell you were raised in a barn.

Foxtrot Oscar.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SlowlybtSurely: 6:54am On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I can tell i was raised in a barn.

Foxtrot Oscar.

Where people do not know how to get their points across politely right?? Your sense of judgement couldn't be more accurate.

Classless market woman.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 7:03am On May 03, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Where people do not know how to get their points across politely right?? Your sense of judgement couldn't be more accurate.

Classless market woman.

A fitting username grin
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SlowlybtSurely: 7:15am On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

A fitting username grin

Lol.

Couldn't be more fitting. But you will agree it does come in handy in cases like yours. grin

Nice day. smiley
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by kcheerful(f): 11:08am On May 03, 2016
[quote author=CFCman post=45261885]
Firstly, as a general rule, kids who are 13 and younger, they wouldn't need to attend an interview. But consular officers have discretion to require an interview.

The VO may ask that you submit documentation stating: the purpose of your trip; ability to pay all costs of the trip; and intent to depart the US after the trip.

You and the Kids' passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the period of stay in America. Since the purpose of the visit is tourism, the other 4 kids would need the B-2 visa.

Thank you so much.
If they don't require an interview then how do I go about their visa processing?
I have a visa already, so I am not applying with them.
They just got their passport renewed and one just got a passport.
What do you advice I do.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by kcheerful(f): 11:09am On May 03, 2016
Thank you so much.
If they don't require an interview then how do I go about their visa processing?
What do you advice I do.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 03, 2016
kcheerful:
Thank you so much.
What do you advice I do.
If the VO decides not to call the kids for an interview, then you'd need to provide the documentation I described earlier, to the VO. And pay the required visa fees.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Originalsly: 6:42pm On May 03, 2016
Isn't there a thread to deal with all these visa issues?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TheCongo2: 6:48pm On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Lol ... can't stop laughing.
I truly don't see how it can take 40 minutes to go from one gate to another within the same terminal.
Modern airports have walking conveyor belt for long distance walk.
The most it may take to go from one gate to another is 10 to 15 minutes. But, 40 minutes is way too much. Someone can miss a connecting flight.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jwillng: 4:26am On May 04, 2016
falopey:
Oh boy. No be lie o. America is a place to be. Let me share my own pictures of Miami that I visited.

Are you still in Miami? I must visit there one day!

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jwillng: 4:29am On May 04, 2016
If Police stops you. Put your hands on the steering, respect them and 99.9% of the time...no wahala!

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by tpiadotcom: 5:29am On May 04, 2016
were you contracted for what you're doing?

ie all these pictures.

I'd shut down the thread if I were the site owner.

You can open a blog to showcase your journeys you know.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jwillng: 7:52am On May 04, 2016
A library I visited. Built about 40 years ago-at a cost of of $800k-an expansion is built close by for about 23 Million dollars. This got me thinking $23 Million for a library-after building one 40 years before for $800k-definitely means the community and government has seen the benefits of having a library. I also learnt that community meetings were called before the County embarked on the new expansion. If Nigeria is to get to where we need to be, we must rapidly acquire knowledge. In my entire life in Nigeria, aside from University and secondary school-I only went to a public library twice. These libraries I have visited here in the USA are filled with old and young.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (38) (Reply)

On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.